She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 495, MariaR wrote:
In post 491, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 482, MariaR wrote:Sakura I still have as a scumlean but not as hard as before because I feel like she's voting anything that walks.
yeah that's what i'm doing, kinda.
Dunno why that lowers your scumlean tho.
I don't remember you being as reckless as scum.

Also the mylongninja wagon is bad it's a 3 person lurker that will give no info regardless of the flip.
Exactly, that’s what I said.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 467, Sakura Hana wrote:Ok I believe you because I doubt you'd lie about something you're literally asking me to find.
I'm a little surprised you let me off the hook this easily?

I thought it made sense that you would be hard on me based on your experience with town!me, but immediately letting it go doesn't really jive with how you were pressuring me before. Can you explain why you moved on so quickly?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 495, MariaR wrote:I don't remember you being as reckless as scum.
Dont think me voting anything that walks is reckless, but thanks?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 496, Moment wrote:
In post 475, Spiffeh wrote:idk what Ank is trying to pull with her whole "it's cool to not care" schtick, but I don't think she would be this unresponsive as scum.

I've played with and correctly identified scum!Ankamius several times (admittedly years ago) and as scum she tries to sound important/helpful which is completely absent here.

She could be playing like this deliberately to counteract my ability to read her but for now it's not worth exploring that
This is almost exactly the same thought that's been rattling around in my head for a while. I might be one that's prone to fall trap to scum intentionally going for the "too scummy to be scum" look, but it just never makes sense to me when people seemingly don't care about making themselves look towny.

------

On an unrelated note, I'm concerned with people townreading TBG. This isn't in just a "interested in the reasons behind a townread" fashion, as I asked Nancy with regards to Wisdom, where I don't really have many concerns myself about the person in question and yet I'm interested in the reasoning regardless; no, for this I distinctly believe that it is a bad idea to be townreading TBG at the moment. Going off of the assumption that his posting restriction is self-imposed, I find that while what he's posted so far has actually managed to be more game-relevant than one might expect from someone with his restriction, his restriction in the first place shifts expectations, so to speak.

By that I mean to say that seeing what's contained in say, , someone might be inclined to townread TBG for something along the lines of "making an effort" or some such, whereas if someone made the exact same post but expressed textually, I sincerely doubt that anyone would consider it a reason to townread someone. Expectations, or perhaps more accurately,
standards
for where a reader might draw the line on what's considered town-indicative are shifted. That's why I think it's in some sense dangerous to be townreading TBG at the moment; if his posting resitrction
is
self-imposed, then that simple choice has made him a much easier townread.

I hope the point that I'm trying to get across here is understandable.
I think he’s right to townread you though. You don’t seem to be pushing any agenda and are genuinely trying to solve things.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 497, Purrcocet wrote:did maria roll scum
What prompted you to say this
In post 498, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 495, MariaR wrote:3 person lurker
This made me giggle.
You know what I meant hush you >_>
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by Moment »

And while I'm on the subject of voicing perhaps somewhat far-fetched concerns, I think MariaR may have been trying (is still trying to?) pocket Nancy Drew. I first noticed it upon my first readthrough of the thread where it seemed like much of what Maria was saying was engaging with Nancy. When I put it like that it doesn't sound so bad - especially as Ms. Drew is quite the content producer - but I think that reviewing Maria's ISO may help illustrate my point for anyone interested.

To give a few quotes to illustrate my point:
In post 241, MariaR wrote:I have nancy as town
my dunnstral read

and that's it.
In post 245, MariaR wrote:Who else are you looking at nancy
I believe it was these two quotes that first caused me to realize this while reading through. Something about the singularity of the read as well as the question made it look to me like Maria had the goal of tying to get Nancy to strongly townread her; anyone who played in or has read Minuet's Trio (or, I assume, other games with Nancy) should realize that it's not much of a difficult task.

I decided not to bring this up initially in order to observe if the pattern of behavior would continue, and I think that it did with this quote:
In post 332, MariaR wrote:
In post 317, Purrcocet wrote:Nancy Drew is pretty transparent town like it almost hurts
Wouldn't you agree @MeowriaR
I sure would.
The lack of response to anything between this post and the last post in Maria's ISO "pings" me in a way that I find hard to describe. Perhaps that goes back to what I was thinking about earlier.

Any thoughts?
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by Moment »

Goodness you all post fast.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 501, Spiffeh wrote:I'm a little surprised you let me off the hook this easily?

I thought it made sense that you would be hard on me based on your experience with town!me, but immediately letting it go doesn't really jive with how you were pressuring me before. Can you explain why you moved on so quickly?
I already said it tho.
I dont think you'd lie about something then ask me to look for counter examples, because you'd know i'd find them if you were lying.
Besides im not exactly worried about you trying to pull the wool over my eyes, im not the only person here that has experience with you.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

All caught up

VOTE: Dunnstral

I think this is very worthy of a wagon

I'm town reading Nancy and Purrcocet pretty hard. Ank and kind of Maria are town leans atm

I'm pretty underwhelmed with Muffin and that could be a byproduct of the game being really slow but I feel like I remember him at least TRYING to be more helpful in his town games?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

moment could be scum for using fast as an adverb - it feels icky
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 508, Spiffeh wrote:I'm town reading Nancy and Purrcocet pretty hard. Ank and kind of Maria are town leans atm

I'm pretty underwhelmed with Muffin and that could be a byproduct of the game being really slow but I feel like I remember him at least TRYING to be more helpful in his town games?
No read on me after those questions?
I mean even a scum read would be better than nothing.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 499, Spiffeh wrote:Moment what do you think of Dunnstral?
He hasn't really stood out to me much as of yet, although if my memory serves me he "hung back" in Minuet's Trio as well. I thought that was he was trying to do with the deadline was genuine, for what it's worth.

------
In post 501, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 467, Sakura Hana wrote:Ok I believe you because I doubt you'd lie about something you're literally asking me to find.
I'm a little surprised you let me off the hook this easily?

To be fair, I think I'm also going through kind of a quick turn on you; there's somewhat of a stark contrast between what you were posting just days ago and what I'm reading right now. Town or scum, you've certainly upped your game.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Not a read I'd be confident in. Gun to my head, town.
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by Purrcocet »

In post 504, MariaR wrote:
your whole posting.

also no one on the mylo wagon is even trying to kill him

...spiffeh is really scummy
jeez
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 512, Spiffeh wrote:Not a read I'd be confident in. Gun to my head, town.
That's fair i guess.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Purrcocet ignore your incorrect feelings about me and vote for Dunn maybe?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I feel like I played with Dunn once and he was really obviously town

I might try to find that later
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 503, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I think he’s right to townread you though. You don’t seem to be pushing any agenda and are genuinely trying to solve things.
Very little of what my point was revolved around his townread on me. Actually, nothing of what I had to say revolved around his read on me.

------
In post 508, Spiffeh wrote:All caught up

VOTE: Dunnstral

I think this is very worthy of a wagon

I'm town reading Nancy and Purrcocet pretty hard. Ank and kind of Maria are town leans atm

I'm interested to hear your reasoning on Maria being town.

------
In post 509, zMuffinMan wrote:moment could be scum for using fast as an adverb - it feels icky
I'll have you know my grasp on the English language is imperfectable.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 505, Moment wrote:And while I'm on the subject of voicing perhaps somewhat far-fetched concerns, I think MariaR may have been trying (is still trying to?) pocket Nancy Drew. I first noticed it upon my first readthrough of the thread where it seemed like much of what Maria was saying was engaging with Nancy. When I put it like that it doesn't sound so bad - especially as Ms. Drew is quite the content producer - but I think that reviewing Maria's ISO may help illustrate my point for anyone interested.

To give a few quotes to illustrate my point:
In post 241, MariaR wrote:I have nancy as town
my dunnstral read

and that's it.
In post 245, MariaR wrote:Who else are you looking at nancy
I believe it was these two quotes that first caused me to realize this while reading through. Something about the singularity of the read as well as the question made it look to me like Maria had the goal of tying to get Nancy to strongly townread her; anyone who played in or has read Minuet's Trio (or, I assume, other games with Nancy) should realize that it's not much of a difficult task.

I decided not to bring this up initially in order to observe if the pattern of behavior would continue, and I think that it did with this quote:
In post 332, MariaR wrote:
In post 317, Purrcocet wrote:Nancy Drew is pretty transparent town like it almost hurts
Wouldn't you agree @MeowriaR
I sure would.
The lack of response to anything between this post and the last post in Maria's ISO "pings" me in a way that I find hard to describe. Perhaps that goes back to what I was thinking about earlier.

Any thoughts?
I’m assuming you’re referring to Ank. I’m not that easy to pocket though. Wisdom will attest to that lol.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Moment »

Sure, Nancy.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

My question is.
If Dunn is scum, why would scum have a D1/All game DV.

Feels kinda useless?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Maria campaigning against my plan to get lurkers to contribute and then saying not to lynch the lurker

It's one or the other

Same for Spiffeh
Purrcocet wrote:did maria roll scum
Quite possibly yes
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 513, Purrcocet wrote:
In post 504, MariaR wrote:
your whole posting.

also no one on the mylo wagon is even trying to kill him

...spiffeh is really scummy
jeez
Why is spiffy scummy
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Purrcocet »

Spiffeh wrote:Purrcocet ignore your incorrect feelings about me and vote for Dunn maybe?
i was gonna as i scumread him earlier
and his votes suck

but then you and maria popped up and started pushing him and i think that is super duper sus
so we need to flip u right now.

also the relentless lamist in your posting is wounding me
but im not gonna die
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 509, zMuffinMan wrote:moment could be scum for using fast as an adverb - it feels icky
Do you actually have anything useful to contribute?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”