Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #5025 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Wisdom »

my two cents on shoshin; town would be way better off if she had bg'd CS. She has a naturally scummy manipulative-like style of playing, despite how accurate she might be, that makes her ideal to push. With her dead it would be difficult for scum to push anyone, really. Maaybe wheme.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5026 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5023, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5016, MathBlade wrote:I am just glad I hit the worst.

I think even with my wrong read on Shoshin that was the right play.

And if Shoshin died I would have tunneled Random. I was leaning there somewhat
Were you playing in this game under an alt? *seriously confuzzled* :eek:
^^ Commander Shepard = MathBlade
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5027 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:27 am

Post by the worst »

I think when someone everyone's scumreading flips town it's a signal to hard reset the fuck out of your reads. I'm not sure I totally agree with anyone here but I think there's two totally viable ways to play Shoshin's situation out.

I didn't find her super obvtown early on. there's a really fine line between being obvtown and being tunnelled, and it wasn't a distinction I could make with serious confidence. Actually it was during the 5p when I realised that it was playing out like 2v3 not 1v4 that I realised she was almost certainly town. maybe I'm not good at reading people > gamestates or whatever, take this how you will.

Huge commendations to Shoshin for her read accuracy, though. there's a lot of aspects of being good at town, but read accuracy is a glorious one and your instincts here were dynamite. yeah, I was a little unfair with the way I positioned the rest of the town in the 5p Lylo and probably should have encouraged we all had a rest and a cuppa tea rather than pushing the "she sucks but she's town" narrative. sorry if you took offense at it, I definitely was sad to see Nancy genuinely offended.

also @Wisdom I don't think I'll ever be the same after that second last day. a little bit of my soul melted during our 1v1. :lol:
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5028 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5021, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5019, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5009, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like

You have a nightkill voyeured as being protected and you are still calling them scum with no known way for scum to have predicted the voyeur

That's not on shoshin..
Yes, I think that’s why the worst and me were hesitant to lynch Shoshin on D4, we were both having serious qualms about Realiity’s out there scumdoc theory. Contrary to your assertion, the theory of scumdoc Shoshin protecting and killing Nico is not at all similar to yours and Mastina’s vig gambit in Minuet. Why? Because you both already KNEW the outcome but you never had a reasonable case how Shoshin could have, so I’m pretty much smacking my head now, how I ever for a second ever fell for this absurd tinfoiling. Has there ever been a game in the entire history of Mafia where this has ever even happened?
Yeah ....one of my worst games ever.
And also a different one that was one of my best.
Oh okay but since Shoshin was nowhere near on the chopping block D2, I should have also discounted this theory. No way was she in any danger of being mislynched on D3 - even if Angel hadn’t been in the game.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5029 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Ankamius »

I don't remember exactly what the theory was anymore, but I suspected that Nico wasn't actually supposed to die night two initially. I wasn't sure what exactly it was supposed to be, but I thought by the end that Shoshin was aware of the Voyeurs and wanted to take a bodyguard gambit to fake a surprise protection.

Something like that.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5030 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5026, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5023, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5016, MathBlade wrote:I am just glad I hit the worst.

I think even with my wrong read on Shoshin that was the right play.

And if Shoshin died I would have tunneled Random. I was leaning there somewhat
Were you playing in this game under an alt? *seriously confuzzled* :eek:
^^ Commander Shepard = MathBlade
Oh wow! Me=gobsmacked. :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5031 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 5025, Wisdom wrote:my two cents on shoshin; town would be way better off if she had bg'd CS. She has a naturally scummy manipulative-like style of playing, despite how accurate she might be, that makes her ideal to push. With her dead it would be difficult for scum to push anyone, really. Maaybe wheme.
I'm curious, would you call it somewhat similar to mine?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5032 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

Oh, Wisdom, more curiosity

Why did you push for Chickadee day four when you replaced in instead of Shoshin or another town?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #5033 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:33 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 5027, the worst wrote:also @Wisdom I don't think I'll ever be the same after that second last day. a little bit of my soul melted during our 1v1.
i couldn't really find the heart to fight you
I just wanted to lynch shoshin and take the win, when you took that from me i was like whatever, just lynch me already
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5034 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5027, the worst wrote:I think when someone everyone's scumreading flips town it's a signal to hard reset the fuck out of your reads. I'm not sure I totally agree with anyone here but I think there's two totally viable ways to play Shoshin's situation out.

I didn't find her super obvtown early on. there's a really fine line between being obvtown and being tunnelled, and it wasn't a distinction I could make with serious confidence. Actually it was during the 5p when I realised that it was playing out like 2v3 not 1v4 that I realised she was almost certainly town. maybe I'm not good at reading people > gamestates or whatever, take this how you will.

Huge commendations to Shoshin for her read accuracy, though. there's a lot of aspects of being good at town, but read accuracy is a glorious one and your instincts here were dynamite. yeah, I was a little unfair with the way I positioned the rest of the town in the 5p Lylo and probably should have encouraged we all had a rest and a cuppa tea rather than pushing the "she sucks but she's town" narrative. sorry if you took offense at it,
I definitely was sad to see Nancy genuinely offended.

also @Wisdom I don't think I'll ever be the same after that second last day. a little bit of my soul melted during our 1v1. :lol:
BFFs < 3 Ducks are GOAT!
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5035 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:42 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Hey rc thanks for the dead thread!

Also I don’t think I played bad this game
Im a dog that quacks
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #5036 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Wisdom »

ank i just felt both Chick and random were obvious scum and given they were neighbors one of them would be lynched sooner or later
So why not bus to get some cred
And if i wasnt a traitor id bus random too
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5037 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:44 am

Post by the worst »

In post 5035, WhemeStar wrote:Hey rc thanks for the dead thread!

Also I don’t think I played bad this game
in about 9p or 7p you were damn awesome
Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5038 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Scioness Sajj »

yeah, Shoshin deserves credit for this win, her reads were good and she put a lot more effort than we probably deserved.

for what it's worth I don't think not claiming shots was bad decision nor was it incriminating. i didn't really execute it well and got distracted by other things, though.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #5039 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Wisdom »

sajj don't be afraid of what town will think of you. That was silly. Just be honest.
Also you should have insisted more about the redirect thing. You were basically conftown yet you got lynched.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5040 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5038, Scioness Sajj wrote:yeah, Shoshin deserves credit for this win, her reads were good and she put a lot more effort than we probably deserved.

for what it's worth I don't think not claiming shots was bad decision nor was it incriminating. i didn't really execute it well and got distracted by other things, though.
Your lying about that didn’t help though, I still should never have hammered regardless.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5041 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 5025, Wisdom wrote:She has a naturally scummy manipulative-like style of playing, despite how accurate she might be, that makes her ideal to push.
I might seem easy to push but it's a trap for the scum. I'm not an easy mislynch.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5042 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:51 am

Post by the worst »

In post 5038, Scioness Sajj wrote:yeah, Shoshin deserves credit for this win, her reads were good and she put a lot more effort than we probably deserved.

nah it's fine, I do the same thing as a 1shot X a lot of the time. the only thing I can fault here is when you came under suspicion I was looking for some kind of indication that you intentionally claimed fullvig rather than 1 shot vig.

still think by the end lynching you was p bad but that's just a little snapshot of my mind during that
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5043 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 5041, Shoshin wrote:
In post 5025, Wisdom wrote:She has a naturally scummy manipulative-like style of playing, despite how accurate she might be, that makes her ideal to push.
I might seem easy to push but it's a trap for the scum. I'm not an easy mislynch.
see

this is why I say we have similar playstyles
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5044 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:53 am

Post by the worst »

VOTE: Anka
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #5045 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Wisdom »

shoshin if tw hadnt saved the day you would have been the mislynch that cost the game
your posts are very robotic like and they dont help the other sympathize with you. There was barely any emotion. In most other cases i would have been forced to back off because your arguments were pretty sound. Yet your playstyle allowed me to continue.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5046 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 5044, the worst wrote:VOTE: Anka
Oh no you didn't

You're getting the claws
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5047 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5039, Wisdom wrote:sajj don't be afraid of what town will think of you. That was silly. Just be honest.
Also you should have insisted more about the redirect thing. You were basically conftown yet you got lynched.
Agreed, it would have been a lot more believable than your whole “I lost confidence” thing. Had you done that D3, Reality would have never proposed you as the possible D5 lynch.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5048 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:55 am

Post by Ankamius »

Nancy just refer to the slot as me

Mastina had input occasionally but otherwise the train wreck was my doing
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5049 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 5027, the worst wrote:Huge commendations to Shoshin for her read accuracy, though. there's a lot of aspects of being good at town, but read accuracy is a glorious one and your instincts here were dynamite. yeah, I was a little unfair with the way I positioned the rest of the town in the 5p Lylo and probably should have encouraged we all had a rest and a cuppa tea rather than pushing the "she sucks but she's town" narrative. sorry if you took offense at it, I definitely was sad to see Nancy genuinely offended.
I accept your apology and kind words.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”