Fallout Mafia - Commonwealth Edition (Day 8)

REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5600 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE »

then why did i see you visiting alchemist last night?

VOTE: punreader
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5601 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:29 pm

i'm sure we had fun but playtime's over mastina. we can't let you win
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5602 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:30 pm

In post 5586, wilky wrote:We still don't have a completed quest on d7
zip it bugs bunny 'miller slow cop' you're in absolutely no position to talk
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5603 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5600, REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE wrote:then why did i see you visiting alchemist last night?

Is this real? How did you do this?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5604 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Punreader
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5605 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:48 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I think his role claim was a gambit all along tbh
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5606 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post by wilky »

I'll be fully caught up later.

It wasn't a cop pm I got it was a party starter, I wanted to clarify with the mod that if I was blocked two nights ago if I copped the same person tonight would I get a result but I won't so I doubt we'll get a result from me at all this game.

@rmoj how did you manage to see who pun visited?
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5607 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:49 am

well, the thing is, the quest yesterday didnt give a cop on alchemist. the quest prize was actually a one-time watcher. so far, except for day 1 my quest prizes so far have been some protective role of some sort.

i thought it would be cool if i could bait a kill onto a specific person by the scum and watch them; if that person died, i'd see the killer. if that person didn't die, he's probably scum, and, uh, i'd claim the cop thing today as a guilty on that person.

it was a gambit that paid off. the mafia couldn't stand for alchemist being conftown (since they know his alignment and what the result would be) and killed him. they wouldn't kill me either, because i said that the result would go to a random player, which means that they were forced to target alchemist only, to stop the cop result, instead of choosing one of alchemist/me.

also, this points towards ETL being shot day 1 for the no-kill on that day. scum probably tried the same thing. cool that ETLslot had a BP.
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5608 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:50 am

also, i 'targeted' alchemist with my 'cop' because i actually thought he was most likely to be scum. i'd loved to see him dead and cleared. sorry alchemist!
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5609 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Punreader »

In post 5600, REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE wrote:then why did i see you visiting alchemist last night?
You didn't, because I didn't.

I submitted to GuyInFreezer, verbatim:
HIDE BEHIND: Yt.

The slot was not yet Prof Friday's when I submitted that.

As I know that hiders, per GuyInFreezer, are equal to commuters, my action could not have been redirected especially as I would be dead if I had visited Alchemist21 because I am not lying and you are being an absolute gamethrowing moron right now.
Let me give an Alternative perspective.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5610 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Punreader »

The exact wording behind my PM, as close as I can get without getting modkilled:
ROBERT MCCREADY, Commonwealth Modified Hider.
Ability, I don't plan to risk my life for you.
I hide behind my target. I don't die hiding behind Institute-aligned players, unlike a normal hider. (GIF is out of date as to what constitutes a normal hider, and even PMed me asking, "wait, what? Since when?" when I described what the current norm for hiders is.) I still die if my target is killed during the night.

I asked the following questions:
Can a hider be tracked?
Can a hider be roleblocked?
If a hider hides behind a target who is watched, do they show up on the watch report?
If a hider is targeted for an investigative action, does the action fail, give a result on the hider, or give a result on both the hider and the hider's target?

If a hider's target is targeted for an investigative action, does the action give a result on the target, a result on the hider, or a result on both the hider and the hider's target?

I was told the hide follows Natural Action Resolution, and counts as a commute.

I reasked to confirm,
If a hider's target is targeted for an investigative action, does the action give a result on the target, a result on the hider, or a result on both the hider and the hider's target?
And was told the answer was my target.

Tchill did not hide N1; I did not hide N2.
I hid behind Kokichi Oma N3.
I hid behind davesaz N4.
I hid behind Kokichi Oma N5.
I hid behind YT (now Prof Friday) N6.

That is as close to a direct quote as I can get without being modkilled.

So I repeat, Jungle, stop being a gamethrowing moron because I know you don't have that result and I also know you're town.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5611 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:20 am

Post by Punreader »

I can potentially even do one better.
MOD: Would a mafia commuter be able to both kill and action?
Would a mafia hider be able to both kill and action?

Assume the mafia by default can both kill and action. Would a mafia commuter still be able to do so?
Assume the mafia by default can both kill and action. Would a mafia hider still be able to do so?

I need not prove my role to be real because I feel I have strong enough evidence backing that I would not lie about my role and the proof is in what I have done already.
I only need prove that the claimed kill cannot be mine due to my role.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5612 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Punreader »

It would appear that my role PM's spelling doesn't match the actual character name spelling, but:
This is who I am.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5613 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Punreader »

I forgot to mention, the line of text underneath the image references him being a former leader, turned mercenary for caps.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5614 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Punreader »

I also found a different copy of the image from my role PM.
This shouldn't count as a role PM quote because I'm not using the image from the role PM. (I checked, it's a completely different URL.)
I'm just using a nearly-identical image from a different source.
Which should work as a paraphrase.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5615 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Punreader »

I am wondering where Ankamius is right now because I know she's been online since RMOJ decided to gamethrow.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5616 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:47 am

Post by Ankamius »

What's up?
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5617 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Punreader »

In post 5616, Ankamius wrote:What's up?
In post 5609, Punreader wrote:
You didn't, because I didn't.

I submitted to GuyInFreezer, verbatim:
HIDE BEHIND: Yt.

The slot was not yet Prof Friday's when I submitted that.

As I know that hiders, per GuyInFreezer, are equal to commuters, my action could not have been redirected especially as I would be dead if I had visited Alchemist21 because I am not lying and you are being an absolute gamethrowing moron right now.
In post 5610, Punreader wrote:The exact wording behind my PM, as close as I can get without getting modkilled:
ROBERT MCCREADY, Commonwealth Modified Hider.
Ability, I don't plan to risk my life for you.
I hide behind my target. I don't die hiding behind Institute-aligned players, unlike a normal hider. (GIF is out of date as to what constitutes a normal hider, and even PMed me asking, "wait, what? Since when?" when I described what the current norm for hiders is.) I still die if my target is killed during the night.

I asked the following questions:
Can a hider be tracked?
Can a hider be roleblocked?
If a hider hides behind a target who is watched, do they show up on the watch report?
If a hider is targeted for an investigative action, does the action fail, give a result on the hider, or give a result on both the hider and the hider's target?

I was told the hide follows Natural Action Resolution, and counts as a commute.

I reasked to confirm,
And was told the answer was my target.

Tchill did not hide N1; I did not hide N2.
I hid behind Kokichi Oma N3.
I hid behind davesaz N4.
I hid behind Kokichi Oma N5.
I hid behind YT (now Prof Friday) N6.

That is as close to a direct quote as I can get without being modkilled.

So I repeat, Jungle, stop being a gamethrowing moron because I know you don't have that result and I also know you're town.
In post 5611, Punreader wrote:I can potentially even do one better.

Assume the mafia by default can both kill and action. Would a mafia commuter still be able to do so?
Assume the mafia by default can both kill and action. Would a mafia hider still be able to do so?

I need not prove my role to be real because I feel I have strong enough evidence backing that I would not lie about my role and the proof is in what I have done already.
In post 5612, Punreader wrote:It would appear that my role PM's spelling doesn't match the actual character name spelling, but:
This is who I am.
In post 5613, Punreader wrote:I forgot to mention, the line of text underneath the image references him being a former leader, turned mercenary for caps.
In post 5614, Punreader wrote:I also found a different copy of the image from my role PM.
This shouldn't count as a role PM quote because I'm not using the image from the role PM. (I checked, it's a completely different URL.)
I'm just using a nearly-identical image from a different source.
Which should work as a paraphrase.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5618 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:59 am

Post by Ankamius »

Pun

The problem is: what part of that would you not have access to as a safe claim in your role pm
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5619 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Punreader »

Or if you prefer formatting as close to the original as possible, the order would be such.

Robert McCready
(actually Robert MacCready, but the role PM is what I'm going by)
, Commonwealth Modified Hider
Reference to him being a former leader, turned mercenary for caps.

Abilities:
I don't plan to risk my life for you: I hide behind my target. I don't die hiding behind Institute-aligned players, unlike a normal hider.
(GIF is out of date as to what constitutes a normal hider, and even PMed me asking, "wait, what? Since when?" when I described what the current norm for hiders is.)
I still die if my target is killed during the night.

Win Condition:
Eliminate all who are sided with the Institute.

This is all a paraphrase, even the image used not being an exact duplicate, but it's as close as I can get without a modkill.

It is worth mentioning I have absolutely zero flavor knowledge. I joined this game because I saw the replacement request, figured the slot was town, and with a pun lynch D1 figured I'd be able to find the remaining pun from there. I cannot fakeclaim even were I inclined to, so you should be able to tell that this is mod-provided. That doesn't make me town as it can be a mod-provided safeclaim, but I am literally incapable of coming up with this all on my own.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5620 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm going to sleep on it

I'll be back later
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5621 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Punreader »

In post 5618, Ankamius wrote:Pun
The problem is: what part of that would you not have access to as a safe claim in your role pm
None, but proof of role in this case, unlike normal,
can
be proof of alignment, due to this.
Punreader wrote:I can potentially even do one better.

If my role's safeclaim is hider, then it is a fair assumption that I have either a hide or a commute. It is incredibly poor modding design to give pun fakeclaims that do not correspond to actual abilities; if you can be caught by claiming a role which was
meant
to be safe due to not actually having that ability, then it isn't actually all that safe to claim, now, is it?

Thus, if you assume any level of competency in GuyInFreezer's moderating, you must then assume that if my fakeclaim is hider, I have an ability which works similarly to a hider. The only abilities which are in that classification are hider, commuter, and ascetic, as far as I can think of.

And if I can prove that hiders/commuters can't both kill and action.
Then I can more or less prove almost definitively REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE cannot have the result he is claiming.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5622 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Punreader »

I would also like to emphasize that, were I pun here, I'd had to have double-bussed from the onset as projectmatt and MariaR were suspicions of mine since the moment I replaced in and I was advocating for their deaths since the moment I was a player. (You will not find a player who pushed projectmatt harder than I did; you will not find a player more adamant we lynch MariaR.) I place value on play in most situations and my play is strongly evident of me not being pun as I have a strong record of not bussing in most situations, if I am capable of avoiding it.

The things you hold suspicion of me on, of me not following through on a promise to provide more recent content, you also know to be not alignment indicative, or if indicative of alignment at all, indicative of me holding a town alignment as I am atrocious at providing followthrough to my promises.
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5623 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:24 am

ah jesus damnit, mastina if you're scum here you're good. i didn't actually consider alchemist dying yesterday when i gave the quest and my conftown going to waste so i have no result and no conftown today and that is sad :(

i retract the above, it's just a gambit, now I have doubts that punreader is scum.

however, he's still my top scumread
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5624 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:25 am

was trying to make the play! because i know mastina is a competent scum player, if scum, and would give some really bad blowback i didn't really want to deal with at this stage of the game and apathy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”