Micro 813 - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:17 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 672, LuckyOtter wrote:1. How do you feel about voting Manatee?
2. Can you explain to me why you are so sure Oath is town and not scum pushing a mislynch here?
3. Can you explain to me what you think Oka's endgame strategy is? (Oath, I'd like you to answer that one as well)
1. not voting manatee over mafmen or oka. no, he hasn't played the game but PL time has passed so i guess i update my blacklist now
2. well, mainly bc i don't think oka's a mislynch. if i'm choosing between oka being scum and oath completely snowing me, i'll take oka being scum and if i'm wrong then gg but i've been ready to take this dive for a while
3. push a mafmen ---> manatee chainlynch
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:27 am

Post by LuckyOtter »

1. I don't see Manatee as a PL. His voting Maf right off the bat in lylo is a super scummy move, no?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:28 am

Post by Antihero »

not inherently, no

why would it be?
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:35 am

Post by LuckyOtter »

Why as town would he feel comfortable dropping a vote right off the bat in lylo on someone he is voting just because he suspects he's being pocketed? That's literally the only reason he has ever given for voting Maf. It wasn't even with that much conviction:
In post 466, ManateeDude wrote:I can see MM TRing me for a pocket. It has worked before when I was town.

VOTE: MM
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:40 am

Post by Antihero »

you seem to be assuming technical competence on manatee's part

i'm not
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:02 am

Post by LuckyOtter »

Here's a game that Oka and I played with town!Manatee that ended not long ago: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=76645
His ISO: viewtopic.php?t=76645&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

Posting style is similar, but in that game he at least
tried
. He gave scumreads, made a case against someone, was generally paying attention. So yeah, I assume at least a little technical competence on his part.
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:19 am

Post by LuckyOtter »

And I would actually like you to look at that game and tell me you still think he's totally incompetent, or if there's another way you can explain his terrible vote on Maf.

Anyone else still wanting to think Manatee is town should respond to this, too.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:39 am

Post by Antihero »

huh.......... that does look different

UNVOTE: for a sec
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Antihero »

oath could you go over your reason for thinking mafmen isn't scum real quick plz?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:53 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 672, LuckyOtter wrote:1. How do you feel about voting Manatee?
2. Can you explain to me why you are so sure Oath is town and not scum pushing a mislynch here?
3. Can you explain to me what you think Oka's endgame strategy is? (Oath, I'd like you to answer that one as well)
1. Not that good about it. I don't really have a good reason to think Manatee is town, he very well could be scum, but it feels like a crapshoot choosing between him and MafMen and it's easy to imagine worlds where he is town against scum!Maf.

the problem is we may have to decide about him or Maf one way or the other tomorrow even if we lynch some other scum successfully today, but at least collectively we would have gained slightly more information since then.

2. Well, for starters, Oath has posted a ton of things that match up exactly with how I have been viewing the game, I've never smelled a whiff of disingenuous reasoning. Next, she's gone above and beyond to game-solve today and I don't think any of her effort has felt explicitly agenda-driven - like here's my question, why does scum!Oath with scum!MafMen go this hard to defend her buddy when she could probably take a much easier path by bussing him today and getting a mislynch on whoever's town in {GL/Otter/Oka/Manatee} tomorrow? Why does she instead go for that now when it would be much harder to fake and create so many more opportunities for her to get caught out with scummy reasoning? Why should I think her near instantaneous freakout when Oka placed an L-1 vote is because her partner was at L-1 when that would not even be a game losing lynch?

I'm never
sure
she's town but I'm never
sure
about anyone being town. She still fits a town profile better than almost every other player and I'd have to jump through far more hoops to feel good about making a towncase on virtually anyone else to take her spot instead. LikeI doubt you're gonna sell me on being more confident that someone like Manatee or Oka is town, but feel free to try?

3. I see two potential end game strategies for scum!Oka here:
1) Maf is town and the game winning mislynch, he's going for the win today on the easiest mislynch remaining - which to me is much riskier and more plausible than scum!Oath!
2) Maf is a buddy, Oka figured he was inevitably going down and is trying to bus for towncred to push town in Manatee/Otter/Anti tomorrow. Also not something I can rule out.
In post 672, LuckyOtter wrote:What I see as a very real possibility is that Oath is in a scumteam with the most lynchbaity players left, and has to work super hard to win the game right now. Especially given that one of them is never around to be able to pull off a quicklynch. Even if you don't believe this is the most likely scenario, I want you to explain to me how this could not be a plausible one.
see this is like a loosely plausible scenario but it feels so much less plausible than one where Oka is scum. Whoever is scum here (outside of Maf/Manatee) is playing a solid-to-great game, I don't see why you want me to indulge in paranoia about Oath specifically when I have more reasons to be paranoid about most everyone else. Like instead of scum!casing Oath, you're just saying "but what if she's scum?" and it feels very agenda driven. Like you think the team is Maf/Manatee/Oath? Why that team specifically instead of Maf/Manatee/Anti or Maf/Manatee/Oka?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:58 am

Post by OkaPoka »

guilty, what have I done that makes you think I'm scum?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:04 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 581, OkaPoka wrote:hi

VOTE: mafmen
also like, the only case you gave on Anti was POE when I asked you about that, yet now you care about cases on you?

also
- randomly shading Anti throughout
- shaded MafMen for hammering despite the hammer being an entirely justifiable D1 hammer
- not really trying to game-solve D3, just pushing the MafMan lynch
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 639, OkaPoka wrote:okay im done sitting here and watching town play statistics and wifom and then lose this stupid ass game when we should have lynched mafmen yesterday.

mafmen has
a) quicklynched korina
b) gone off the rails with his manateedude defense
c) has managed to take irrational positions that make no sense to anyone, not even to himself
d) is not putting effort in explaining is reads at all

it is appalling that the best reason for not lynching mafmen i can find right now is him being a village idiot. no
lynch mafmen
ffs
also like, with this case

all those things suck and are anti-town, but none of them are scummy? like I don't see good reasons for town or scum to do them. but you are presenting them very firmly as if you are certain he's scum. there's paranoia missing
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:10 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i care because if i die we lose?

-not randomly shading, anti is what fits my team of 3
-are quickhammers ever justified day 1?
-i've gamesolved already, its mafmen/manatee/anti(maybe but unlikely otter but who cares, we need two)

paranoia is overrated lol. paranoia is making town play statistics and not scum hunting. paranoia is going to give us wifom and waste a couple days coming with insane scenarios that are only being considered because "what if?"

you don't see the benefits for scum to
a) quicklynch town
b) be painted as a village idiot rather than scum?
c) see b
d) see b
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:12 am

Post by OkaPoka »

guilty, if im scum who do you see as my partners?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Otter and Manatee is what I'm most worried about
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:15 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i dont know how otter scum game is but this is otter town game

whats your evidence for otter scum?

id lynch manatee tho
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:18 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 691, OkaPoka wrote:i dont know how otter scum game is but this is otter town game
how can you even say this lmao

otter scum is going to try to play to otter town game :roll:

I don't have
evidence
for scum!Otter per se which is why I'm not trying to lynch Otter today. but it's a pretty major gut feeling that's been nagging at me the whole game
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:21 am

Post by OkaPoka »

so what's your scum team then?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 638, GuiltyLion wrote:alright

I have read through everything again and I am now fully willing to bet the game on Oath and Anti being town

given this, plus the fact that there's at least one conf-scum in Maf/Manatee, means the only possible teams are:

Otter/Oka/Manatee
Otter/Oka/Maf
Otter/Manatee/Maf
Oka/Manatee/Maf

Otter and Oka seem to be quite a bit buddy-buddy after Oath has pushed back on the Maf lynch idea, which makes me inclined to think it's Otter/Oka/Manatee. Like Oath, I don't see any town motivation in Oka's sudden L-1 vote on Maf without warning after Antihero's vote. As long as it's not Otter/Manatee/Maf then voting Oka is a safe play, and so I intend do so within the next 24 hours or so - I'll let a few people respond to this post first.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:25 am

Post by OkaPoka »

uh those be 4 teams not 1
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:52 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 687, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 639, OkaPoka wrote:mafmen has
a) quicklynched korina
b) gone off the rails with his manateedude defense
c) has managed to take irrational positions that make no sense to anyone, not even to himself
d) is not putting effort in explaining is reads at all
also like, with this case

all those things suck and are anti-town, but none of them are scummy? like I don't see good reasons for town or scum to do them. but you are presenting them very firmly as if you are certain he's scum. there's paranoia missing
tbf

b is a good point and now that manatee's play here is clearly more resembling his supposed scum-meta and diverging from his play in the town game otter linked, it's looking less sucky and anti-town and more agenda-driven

i also think c is a good point and it indicates bad/unfortunate scum play on mafmen's part. like... it'd be sucky and anti-town if mafmen didn't KNOW his play in voting me was egregiously suboptimal from a town!him POV but that clearly wasn't the case

i would add "e) denying that scumhunting CAN happen in an arbitrary window of time" to oka's case
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:56 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 680, LuckyOtter wrote:Here's a game that Oka and I played with town!Manatee that ended not long ago: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=76645
His ISO: viewtopic.php?t=76645&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

Posting style is similar, but in that game he at least
tried
. He gave scumreads, made a case against someone, was generally paying attention. So yeah, I assume at least a little technical competence on his part.
Wim is everything

if you arent feeling a game your play is going to be weak as shit

posting style, yet less effort should tell you he isnt feeling much enthusiam this game rather than he's scum here
thanks for giving me shit to scumread you for rather than poe
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Antihero »

right...

so how do you distinguish "non enthusiastic town" and "scum"?
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:01 am

Post by MafMen »

In post 698, Antihero wrote:right...

so how do you distinguish "non enthusiastic town" and "scum"?
scum can be enthusiastic
its not like every game scum just isnt enjoying themselves

you distinguish the two by looking at their meta
if the posting style is the same but less effort, that means unenthusiastic town
easy as

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”