Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3298, Errantparabola wrote:Or you can just lynch me before then and save me the work
Agree. I’d rather die today and play armchair qb yellling at whoever is town from the dead thread.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by skitter30 »

afiafa

my post got eaten by the internet

ok take 2

=====
In post 3294, BlackVoid wrote:These are both true which is why I'm kinda worried about this game. One of them played a really good scumgame.
so ep being scum means that that he faked a neighborizer claim to stave off being pinned as the rb; like he claimed early day3 before we even knew that a rb existed or that this was a thing we needed to worry about; and he faked being a neighbor with his partner and then outed his partner's result in the most incriminatory fashion possible in order to force him to out the fake guilty and like ... i just don't see that as theatre?

and you being scum means that you had to have forced a 1v1 with your partner in a way that managed to completely screw with nauci's results in the best possible way for you when you clearly didn't know that was a thing; and like i just don't think that's how you plan a bussing attempt tbh; it doesn't feel like something you were involved in planning tbh

maybe it's just gustavo?

also i think that the game's probably scum-sided without the 1sbp tbh (neighborizer if town is useless wrt power basically and if ep is scum he's the rb and the neighborizer doesn't exsit). i'm not *super* great at balancing or anything, this is kinda on gut, but it doesn't feel quite right to me without the 1sbp.

i think ep is a lot better at the balancing stuff than me but there's a possiblity that he's scum and then he'll just answer the question however it benefits him to do so so his opinio isn't super helpful to me rn

(do you rembmer that normal i played with seph and implosion and scum!implosion confused me on just that? :lol:)
In post 3294, BlackVoid wrote:I was mostly trying to avoid a nightkill because I figured the longer we were both alive to gamesolve, the more certain a town win would be. I didn't really consider the possibility of needing a crumb to avoid a mislynch. I've only been mislynched once (the game that we played together). In general, I'm very good at not getting lynched as town - I thought even more so in this game because you were here and even if somehow I got suspected, you'd talk everyone down because you know my play. On hindsight, I probably should have crumbed as a contigency plan in case the pressure turned on me.
um, sorry about that

like i want to townread you but i'm just not townreading you as strongly as i want to, def not strong enough to strongarm people into not lynching you right now. i also don't really scumread you either tho, def not strong enough to push through your lynch, which is why i'm kinda confused and i'm not sure where to slot you in this gamestate where i kinda townread everyone else too

i kinda think we ought to not rush today so all of us can try to work this out

did you ever claim your flavor btw?

=====
In post 3294, BlackVoid wrote:I wasn't trying to make you paranoid of Nauci. I actually really nailed behaviors of Nauci's that came from an informed perspective. Her suspicion of me. Her read on Irrelephant. Her claiming that you were mindmelding with her while never trying to see eye to eye on those reads. I was wrong about why she was informed.
But I really don't think I'd be capable of looking at the game so deeply that I'd spot legitimate informed-tells from townies as scum.
yeah i was thinking about this overnight - you nailed that informed-perspective thing from her; you were right for the wrong reasons. if you're scum here idk if you push her for that instead of like ... recognize that she's a pr and tread lightly around her

=====
In post 3294, BlackVoid wrote:I just don't see you playing this way as scum. I doubt you'd disagree that your play here is very, very well outside your scumrange.
eh, fair enough :)
In post 3295, BlackVoid wrote:I don't know much about depression :( but I wish you the best in getting well.
tyty :)

=====
In post 3296, Gustavo wrote:I didn’t think I was the NK target. I thought shos was stupid to save me. I honestly felt I’m being saved for lylo. My gut says one of the claims is fake. I’ve searched the archived games and when scum has an encryptor, scum never have a neighborizer. I found one game where scum had a BP RBer and an encryptor and town had a neighborizer but I actually can see errant being scum here. He had a vote on tw and he was late and no reason. He had a vote on mom that’s again was late and no reason.

I don’t really have a read on skitter yet but nobody else seems to think he’s scum so it’s not worth looking there I guess. I will before the day ends.
if ep is scum there isn't a neighborizer; he's the rb/jk

the neighborizer thing itself isn't super important or ai or anything.

also i'm a she

=====
In post 3298, Errantparabola wrote:Can’t post until tomorrow/friday maybe, skimming until then
Or you can just lynch me before then and save me the work because I have no effin idea who it is, just can’t help but feel like somehow we’re inevitably going to choke and lose this game
also this feels kinda townie to me too
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Okay, so I have some time.
Also, @skitter, I feel-- this week has been a sudden unprovoked depressive cycle for me and class just got so hectic, so I've just been so demotivated for something like mafia.
In post 3296, Gustavo wrote:I didn’t think I was the NK target. I thought shos was stupid to save me. I honestly felt I’m being saved for lylo. My gut says one of the claims is fake. I’ve searched the archived games and when scum has an encryptor, scum never have a neighborizer. I found one game where scum had a BP RBer and an encryptor and town had a neighborizer but I actually can see errant being scum here. He had a vote on tw and he was late and no reason. He had a vote on mom that’s again was late and no reason.
First things first I want us to sort each other earnestly and transparently here. I'm worried that you're trying to preemptively throw some shade on me here but the fact that you mentioned that you should have waited for me to post makes me feel like you earnestly care about my alignment (but then again, BV said the same thing yesterday so ahhhhh). But basically the gist is I dont want to give off the impression that I'm trying to shade you preemptively either and I still have a reeaaaalllyy hard time seeing you as scum. But the issue is I have that for all the other slots in the game too. Think i need to just reevaluate how I'm townclearing people because literally all three other people have a very convincing reason for me to think they're town so

1) What do you mean you're being saved for lylo? Why would it be more rational for you to be killed over Bernie (claimed investigative) or Nauci (claimed investigative)? What's your justification on this point?
2) When was it that my vote on TW was late? I already mentioned that yeah, my mom vote was just throwing out a whatever, just join a wagon vote. But I want to know how you interpreted my interactions with worst to be.
In post 3301, skitter30 wrote:i think ep is a lot better at the balancing stuff than me but there's a possiblity that he's scum and then he'll just answer the question however it benefits him to do so so his opinio isn't super helpful to me rn
Trust me, my modding experience does not help me with balance at ALL. I have no idea how balance works above the most basic statements like "town needs a lot of PR help to balance out the naturally very scumsided team numbers in MS games"
In post 3301, skitter30 wrote:i kinda think we ought to not rush today so all of us can try to work this out
Did you think that we were in danger of rushing?

I'll just wait for irre and keyser to post owo
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:22 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Will reset my read on every player (except for Irrelephant). In my head I would have wanted a flip from BV or Errant today, but neither lynches fill me with confidence. Starting to wonder if Gustavo has done this ‘confirmation-bias’ stunt as scum before (I.e his tunnel on Shos). Skitter didn’t start well for me, but I began t/reading him around D3...?
Gonna go back to D1 with fresh eyes.
I want to find town (as I don’t think there is an obvious scum candidate right now... BV’s defence has been relentless).

Not_Mafia didn’t leave much to help us, he was voting nearly every player on D4 and didn’t explain why we should vote for Irrelephant/Gustavo/Errant. I knew he’d prove harmful to town.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:35 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3302, Errantparabola wrote:First things first I want us to sort each other earnestly and transparently here
That’s what I’m trying to do
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:40 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3302, Errantparabola wrote:1) What do you mean you're being saved for lylo? Why would it be more rational for you to be killed over Bernie (claimed investigative) or Nauci (claimed investigative)? What's your justification on this point?
2) When was it that my vote on TW was late? I already mentioned that yeah, my mom vote was just throwing out a whatever, just join a wagon vote. But I want to know how you interpreted my interactions with worst to be.
1. It was a comment I made earlier before all the claims came out. The fact that I’m probably going to be alive at lylo is why I mentioned it again.
2. After checking I miscounted. Your first vote on the worst was only the 3rd, I originally thought it was the 4th. Though your voting and unvoting of him later stand out to me.

I need more time to process and I’m going to be busy the next couple of days.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:42 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

dumb. a lot of things pointed to NM imo. Welp, I'll be around later today to join this fun search committee.

@all, who (other than you) has the most interesting interactions with Mom and tw's slots? This can include PR claims and stuff, but especially before those all happened?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:31 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I'm working mornings now so I'll have the evenings free to post. @Skitter, my flavor is Gerald Ford. He survived assassination attempts so I'll survive a nightkill. (Heavily paraphrased)
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

EP and Gustavo can you claim flavor too
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Gustavo »

I’m George Washington
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:33 am

Post by Gustavo »

Fuck it. I’m Gustavo Washington :lol:
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:34 am

Post by Errantparabola »

John Quincy Adams, and my flavor is about being eloquent, and my quote is about inspiring others
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

any direct connection given between being JQA and being a neighborizer?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

oh scum prolly has fakeclaims anyway huh
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:09 am

Post by Gustavo »

I don’t see anything in the role information of flipped scum to suggest they had fake claims though.

mod were scum given fake claims?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3302, Errantparabola wrote:Also, @skitter, I feel-- this week has been a sudden unprovoked depressive cycle for me and class just got so hectic, so I've just been so demotivated for something like mafia.
hope things look up for you soon! and that class is less stressful for you!
In post 3302, Errantparabola wrote:Did you think that we were in danger of rushing?
no, today doesn't feel rushed; yesterday felt super rushed to me tho; we ended the day after like 36 hours and i wasn't really ready for the day to end and wasn't expecting it to end that fast; that's why i'm a little bit suspicious that bv was encouraging votes on nm and that he just wanted the day to be over before people could think about it too much

=====
In post 3306, Irrelephant11 wrote:@all, who (other than you) has the most interesting interactions with Mom and tw's slots? This can include PR claims and stuff, but especially before those all happened?
i want to go back to reread early game at some point because that tends to yield interesting insights after flips happen

i'm not sure when i'm going to do that tho

=====
In post 3307, BlackVoid wrote:I'm working mornings now so I'll have the evenings free to post. @Skitter, my flavor is Gerald Ford. He survived assassination attempts so I'll survive a nightkill. (Heavily paraphrased)
ok the flavor makes sense i think

today's fun fact of the day: gerald ford survived two assiassination attempts in three weeks, the first by Lynette 'Squeaky' Fromme, girlfriend of Charles Manson, and the second by Sara Jane Moore, who incidentally grew up in the same city as Manson.

today's second fun fact of the day: my working knowledge of presidential assassinations and attempted presidential assassinations comes from Stephen Sondheim's musical *Assassins,* which is about 9 individuals who tried to assassinate a president
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3314, Gustavo wrote:I don’t see anything in the role information of flipped scum to suggest they had fake claims though.

uh both flips have fake-claims in them
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

skitter did you share flavor yet, just to be thorough
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 3316, skitter30 wrote:I don’t see anything in the role information of flipped scum to suggest they had fake claims though.

Hmmm intentional "townslip" or townslip... hmmmmmmm
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3316, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3314, Gustavo wrote:I don’t see anything in the role information of flipped scum to suggest they had fake claims though.

uh both flips have fake-claims in them
I didn’t see one.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 3318, Irrelephant11 wrote:Hmmm intentional "townslip" or townslip... hmmmmmmm
Show me the fake claim.

President name isn’t a fake claim
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

oh i don't think i did

william henry harrision

flavor is about being determined with good intentions

quote is about government
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:30 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2430, brassherald wrote:Welcome, Momrangal! Let's face it, you're just drifting by, you didn't plan on saying much when you were selected for this initiative, and as such you are paired with the clone of Calvin Coolidge, Mafia Encryptor.
Factional Communication: Each night phase, you may talk to your group [Redacted].
You didn't feel like leaving the room, but were so quiet people forgot you were there and you overheard that whenever they tried to clone Jimmy Carter, they just got a strange type of peanut. This would be a safe claim for you.
it literally says that this is a safe claim
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3027, brassherald wrote:Welcome, GeminiTwin12the worst! You're lustful, but you already knew it, you're the Senator with 5 mistresses, and as such you are paired with the clone of John F. Kennedy, Mafia Goon.
Factional Communication: Each night phase, you may talk to your group here (Redacted).
Through some flirting with a cute technician, you found out that Harry S. Truman has not been cloned and would be a safe claim.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Gustavo »

Well I wasn’t looking for the word safe. I was looking for fake. My mistake.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”