OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:54 am

Post by the worst »

VOTE COUNT 2.10

Sando (0)
~
skitter30 (2)
~ Ausuka, vulcan logician,
AP (5)
~ Skygazer, ofrhz, ceejayvinoya, Sando, OkaPoka,
Cardi B (0)
~
Music (0)
~
Ausuka (0)
~
Skygazer (0)
~
vulcan logician (2)
~ skitter30, Enigma,
ceejayvinoya (0)
~
ofrhz (0)
~
OkaPoka (0)
~
Enigma (0)
~

NOT VOTING:
AP, Cardi B, Music,

with 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

day one will end in (expired on 2018-08-05 09:00:00)

mod notes:

- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- quack
Last edited by the worst on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1118, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1111, OkaPoka wrote:every other post orfhz makes me want to lynch him/her and the other half makes me think obv!town
.................lol

go take it up with the mod. there aren't supposed to be any mid-game alignment changes in this setup
lol.

was kinda that bleeding-town sort of post that i'm looking for

=====

i think ap's hammer was intentional but i think he thought vizzy had placed himself at l1 when it was cj who had cast that vote.

=====
In post 1123, Sando wrote:Skitter is outside her town-play, but I don't know whether to put that down to IRL issues or scum. I very much doubt Skitter would ever use IRL as an excuse for in-game advantage in being read, so I think I'm happy for her to carry that question mark for a while and judge later.
i realized after i posted about the irl stuff that people might think that i was trying to use that as an excuse or something since the timing coincided with me being pushed, which was not my intention. i wasn't trying to get people to give me a pass or anything or to gain an advantage, but kinda just saying why posting was hard for me just then and nowish still in a very general sense, not localized to what was happening in this game.

and i apologize if it seems like i was trying to do that; that was not my intent.

like if you think i'm scummy vote me. and if i get lynched that's on me cuz i didn't play well. don't give me a pass for my play cuz of irl stuff

=====

wrt vulcan i kinda agree with you, that they're being almost conspicuously scummy, if that makes sense?

something occurred to me last night which is making me hesitant to want to vote them right now tho

UNVOTE:
In post 1123, Sando wrote:Hmmm, my 3 favourite wagons are all going at the same time. I think, surprisingly, I'm gonna jump on the AP wagon. I felt D1 was pretty town from AP meta-wise, but not so much with the D2. The posts are markedly less content driven and they're also skirting the edge of misinformation with the PGO/Vig hypothesising.
so i still don't think his meta was ever really townie here; it actually reminds me a lot of jungle republic where he active-lurked by posting jokes and setup spec and memes; here he hasn't really posted content or pushed anyone or really done anything besides hammering vizzy. he's just kinda here and around and like i don't know what he's thinking about anything this game tbh

i dislike that he was implying ausuka may have like about being vanilla after going for pgo/vig because i don't really think that's a play she makes as scum tbh and i think he's played with her enough to know that

i want him to respond to his wagon but i think i'm probably going to be voting there
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:07 am

Post by AP »

I see that AP guy is at the prink of being lynched..

@TW: Let's see if you will take my offer this time. If I get lynched you let me live and I will not shoot you in the next game when I draw scum and you draw town. :P

So, aside from not liking my gut, why exactly am I today's best lynch?
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:13 am

Post by OkaPoka »

@ap because ur not doing anything

do something
push someone
dance
tango
waltz
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:34 am

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: ap

l-1

i don't think anyone said anything about not liking your gut, so i'm not sure what you mean by that.

multiple people have raised concerns about your play this game and you're not doing anything to alleviate those concerns by meming with tw and asking why you're a good lynch.

i feel like if you had any sort of conviction about like anything this game you'd be sharing your thoughts here instead of like ... not
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Enigma »

Willing to hammer btw.
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:52 am

Post by AP »

*Sigh*

I'm the bloody Doctor! I was on Sky last night because I also thought scum could fall for ruru's gambit and not target her, so I went for 2nd on draft.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:54 am

Post by Sando »

UNVOTE: AP
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:57 am

Post by OkaPoka »

ap still might be scum because thats the rb slot

but

there is one other scum in here that we have to find

VOTE: skitter30
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

wanna just do a role call bottom up with these lads?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Sando »

Ok honestly think that's a lie at this stage, but let's talk this out.

Doc shares with RB, one of the strongest scum powers, and one we know Invis didn't take. No protecting ruru is perfectly understandable for town, so the claim of protecting Sky is reasonable.

A fake-claim here from AP would mean scum have Doc/RB, they're not going to throw someone away to out that slot imo.

So far we've had JK/Tracker and Neighbour/Fruit picked pre-Invis, neither of those are scum-targets for acquisition imo, even to prevent town from having them. This means either Oka/Vulcan have more scum-favoured powers (not saying they're scum for it, just that the powers they picked have to be good for scum or super OP for town) than Roleblocker/Doc, or scum!AP colluded with Invis to let RB drop to him. Or AP is scum with Oka/Vulcan and they have the power etc.

Basically, I think AP is lying due to the unlikeliness of Doc dropping that low and past a scummer to another townie.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1134, OkaPoka wrote:wanna just do a role call bottom up with these lads?
I think bottom up claim is bad for town, I can explain this more in depth, but just want to put out there that while it looks tempting, I think in this circumstance it may hurt town.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Skygazer »

UNVOTE:

thinking
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by Skygazer »

AP how did you know it was a ruru gambit?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Sando »

For reference/discussion, I'd say the best power for scum is RB/Doc, RB is super powerful here and it denies doc to town simultaneously.

Cop is super important for them to deny to town, can see them taking that.

Role-cop is also very powerful for the scummers.

I think scummers also have the Vig slot since it hasn't been CC'd yet, but I think town-Vig says 100% that one of Sky/AP is scum, almost certainly AP.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Skygazer »

The thing is Ausuka and I thought someone else was likely doctor for reasons so I'm waiting to see if there's a cc
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1140, Skygazer wrote:The thing is Ausuka and I thought someone else was likely doctor for reasons so I'm waiting to see if there's a cc
Oh, cool, yeah I think a CC is in order if available.

As I said though, doubt scummers fakeclaim to out the doc of all choices.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1136, Sando wrote:
In post 1134, OkaPoka wrote:wanna just do a role call bottom up with these lads?
I think bottom up claim is bad for town, I can explain this more in depth, but just want to put out there that while it looks tempting, I think in this circumstance it may hurt town.
i mean we have the people who theoretically be the pgo/vig slot claim from bottom up so we can isolate who has what

we go bottom up because if someone claims vt, we ask for the submitted role and then we can verify by other claims

only problem is scum knows some roles already in the top for vt fakeclaims
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 932, AP wrote:
In post 908, BuJaber wrote:-Can someone help me understand what ruru's strategy was? I don't get the town fakeclaim. A townie who knows she's lying will counterclaim and ruru likely gets lynched. And scum who know she's lying will NK her. And I think that's what happened. It's the most likely explanation in my mind.
I am one to claim I perfectly understand ruru's gambit (and I acknowledge I did from the very start too).

First off; PGO/1-shot Vig is rarely ever picked anyway, much less so by the #1 draft. ruru obviously was claiming a strong TPR that needed to try and evade the NK. If a Townie had the role they would not have CC'd if they knew what they were doing (and/ot if they knew ruru well enough). Scum would have also known she was lying if they did have the role, so I'm slightly leaning they do, but not ruling out someone in the scum team knows ruru well enough and called her bluff.
In post 945, AP wrote:
In post 936, Enigma wrote:
In post 931, AP wrote:
In post 908, BuJaber wrote:- AP: why did you hammer?
I mistook CJV's vote for an Invis self-vote, which in my mind translated to either scum gambitting to look like they didn't care or a VT (in which case it was still a better lynch than one that leads to a TPR claim).

Obviously ot was a mistake but one that paid off anyway, so I'm not sorry.
In post 351, AP wrote:Hint: You better amuse me, cuz I actually typed the vote then decided not to put you @L-1 now
This is hard to believe. A townie (playing invs style) could put themselves at L-1 regardless of PR or VT, so it is a weak excuse here. For someone who took the time to deliberate voting me, it seems awfully convenient to slip accidentally on the invs wagon for the town cred. Invs was 90% sure to be lynched at that stage anyways ... a bit of LAMIST.
Trust me, if I was scum with him I would've instructed him to claim COP to bait a CC before we lynched him. :wink:
Uggg these two above posts tick me off following the claim. You knew ruru's gambit (how were you so sure?), and took a big risk (which failed) by not targeting her (would you not assume if she was lying, there was a good probability this would happen with the scum knowing she was lying by their drafts)...
---
Not sure what to think. The doc is a convenient claim ... since scum could have easily gone for RB.

Thinking this out loud for me:
AP scum RB
This means the scum vig/PGO is between
Oka, Sky,
Skitter (likely town) or vulcan (possible scum).

AP scum vig
Fake claiming to draw real doc out?

AP town doc
Vulcan likely scum, maybe Skitter but I TR her and the others.

AP, assuming you are town - who do you think is the scum (RB/vig pick) above Ausuka (your own reads pls)?
---
In post 766, AP wrote:Seriously though

ruru is 100% town to me.
ofrhz and Oka are next level town
I think Enigma might be town

Everyone else is more or less "in the mix", and while I don't have an explicit scum read yet I might be inclined to pressure the lower numbers (outside of those I think are town already), so Sky > Vulcan > Vizzy > Skitter ... etc
Can someone interpret this for me? Is he saying Sky is town or scum?
In post 767, AP wrote:
In post 765, Ausuka wrote:AP what are your reads?
There are pros and cons to everyone playing how they play having picked what they picked as either alignment.

That is to say, I can see Sky playing the way she does as either alignment, and it's almost a given she got her PR of choice regardless of her alignment. (Unless she sent for Vig/PGO :lol: ) and so on. In the previous run of this setup I did try a similar approach and it backfired because I assumed those who picked the lowest numbers were scum and those who had duplicate picks had one scum in then at most .. etc, which made my reads based on the draft numbers alone a mess.
Here I read it as he is unsure of Sky being town, yet he protected her?? And then zero comment on the whole neighbour issue?
---
I also feel it likely scum goes for the Vig instead of the PGO ... I mean it is a guaranteed NK. Fucking role spec and assuming that: this would mean either ruru stopped a kill (great we don't know who it is), scum tried to kill Sky and doc save worked (maybe), or they didn't shoot (potential, because scum cannot do action and kill at the same time). To sum up this stupid role spec: I'm confused ahaha and not sure I can trust/distrust AP's claim.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1142, OkaPoka wrote:i mean we have the people who theoretically be the pgo/vig slot claim from bottom up so we can isolate who has what

we go bottom up because if someone claims vt, we ask for the submitted role and then we can verify by other claims

only problem is scum knows some roles already in the top for vt fakeclaims
Oh wait, Aus has claimed they picked Vig/PGO right? I was concerned we'd get to top slots and have no-one having claimed it. Yeah bottom up not bad if we decide to mass-claim, my bad.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 1133, OkaPoka wrote:ap still might be scum because thats the rb slot

but

If AP could be scum, you still think there is a scum above Ausuka? I.e. in Skitter or vulcan?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

if ap is actually doc/rb regardless of alignment i think there is a high possibility that either skitter or vulcan or ausuka is scum.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

but honestly at this point we need everyone else to check in and do a potential cc, we could lock up and flip ap
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1145, Enigma wrote:
In post 1133, OkaPoka wrote:ap still might be scum because thats the rb slot

but

If AP could be scum, you still think there is a scum above Ausuka? I.e. in Skitter or vulcan?
AP being scum would mean AP is most likely RB and scum could have safely killed ruru through PGO without caring about the fakeclaim aspect of that. That means Vig doesn't necessarily have to be scum. Given that Vig hasn't claimed and no-one seems to disagree with my Town-Vig = AP-scum theory, I think vig is most likely scum, and in Aus/Skitter/Vulcan.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1148, Sando wrote:Aus/Skitter/Vulcan.
And Oka, forgot that one.

Return to “Completed Open Games”