Micro 814: Geriatric Trio (Mafia Victory!!!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 149, Music Box wrote:
@ Mod: Re: the vote count in , you've missed my vote on nonny ().
:)
This is why I hate Bolded votes.

I'll fix that!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Not at all impressed with Invisibility's reads list. Like nonny said, no scum reads is pretty bad. On top of that, some of the reasons for town reads are too weak. Like Magna being town for gamesolving and being confrontational. Those are things he is good enough to do as scum.

________
Hito wrote: And I'm not totally convinced we should just play the odds and take the "safe lynch", because every instance of this setup has a role that has definitive innos if there's only one scum left. So lynching scum D1 is crazy powerful, and I think that trumps any PR concerns here - I want to lynch the player with the highest chance to flip with a red name and that's it.
This. 1,000% this. If we think Oath is scum, that's the correct Lynch. But if the reason is just to avoid running up a power role, that's just not the right play. We should be trying to hit scum. That's it.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Oath »

I mean I've basically said that if you believe AT ALL that I'm scum you need to lynch me. Your worries will only grow and become a distraction the longer I'm left alive.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

ceejayvinoya replaces Komala!

I'll do the OP and recalibrate deadline after work today :)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 1.8
Invisibility
(2): MagnaofIllusion , Kmd4390
Oath
(2): ceejayvinoya , Oath
nonny
(2): hitogoroshi , Music Box
Kmd4390
(1): Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
(1): Invisibility

Not Voting
(1): nonny

Posts reset in (expired on 2018-07-28 22:00:00).
D1 will end when a majority is reached or on July 30/18 at 10:00pm EST in (expired on 2018-07-29 22:00:00).
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Mod Notes:

Everyone here and accounted for? :O
I love it!
- Jingle
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 152, Oath wrote:I mean I've basically said that if you believe AT ALL that I'm scum you need to lynch me. Your worries will only grow and become a distraction the longer I'm left alive.

At this point it looks like we’ve moved on, though the deadline may changes things. So are you going to keep singularly talking about your lynch or are you going to help find scum? All in all your VT claim doesn’t amount to as much as you are saying it does, anyone can claim VT. It did give information with how quickly you wanted to supply it and the reactions after. But really you should still be participating.
*insert bad joke here*
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by Oath »

I'm not participating in running another person up to L-1. I've already made it clear that I don't think that's what is best for the day. So maybe you move forward and keep your thoughts about what I should and should not be doing to yourself seeing as I've already explained my stance several times.
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by Oath »

I mean I'm obviously reading the thread and if something was more than 70% likely to be scum I'd speak up, but in 7 pages we have a whole lot of nothing. Excuse me for not railing another possible townie on weak reasoning. It's not my style. I jump in when it's worth it.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:23 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Oh cool I'm here :lol:

Probably won't be posting for a while tho. I have some catching up to do.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:19 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I'm in a hostel the next few days so posts will probably be shorter.

I'm having second thoughts on my stance on Oath because 156/157 really really seems like scum who just can't be assed to fake content until they have basically a guarantee they won't be lynched. Even if you think "I refuse to let anyone else be run up" that doesn't stop you from expressing who you think should be lynched. And I like nonny 155 for pointing this out.

I would also be pretty happy just flash-wagoning that n_m slot to be honest

VOTE: not_mafia
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Guys deadline is in like 32 hours
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:58 am

Post by nonny »

VOTE: Oath you weren’t even asked to claim at L-1 you just offered it. So saying we are going to string someone else up to L-1 for another claim is a possibility but don’t see it as a certainty. A VT should still participate, yes you may have a different play style but VT’s job is to hunt scum, but not even mentioning your opinions you give us less to work with D2 if you are the Lynch (or NK). Basically your flip will amount to less. Why do you want to put the town at a disadvantage? To me it currently looks petty and stubborn if you are town, looks like a gambit if you are scum. You are right the WIFOM is not worth it, especially if your participation is a factor.
*insert bad joke here*
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:04 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 157, Oath wrote:I mean I'm obviously reading the thread and if something was more than 70% likely to be scum I'd speak up, but in 7 pages we have a whole lot of nothing. Excuse me for not railing another possible townie on weak reasoning. It's not my style. I jump in when it's worth it.
Lols. I don't know what you're talking about. There's actually a lot of content here. I grossly underestimated this game when I joined and went like "oh 7 pages. This would be a breeze."

Why not help us another way if your town then. Who do you townread?
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Oath »

Nothing in the last 7 pages strikes me as certainly towny or certainly scummy OR ELSE I WOULD MENTION IT.

I'm not going to give partial, weak reads that anyone (including scum) could latch onto to push someone else up instead of me. I've made that clear. If something strikes me as certainly scummy then I will let you guys know. Pinky promise.

I'm not trying to be petty. This is real. The first 7 pages are garbage imo. If you feel something substantial other than weak is happening then good for you. Obviously it hasn't because I'm town, but you'll figure that out upon my flip which I do think is helpful on a larger scale of making you guys reassess how you read people. I mean you may say now I'm being scummy for not helping you sort everyone else, but the INITIAL reasoning for my wagon was gross and weak and that is why we are at this point because I can't argue against gross reasoning with anything other than "that's not the case". So just go ahead and lynch me. You obviously don't like my play style and you think I'm scum. I actually think it's a great benefit at this point for you to see me flip and see who initial pushed the lynch on weak reasoning and people who keep making this about me when you could be moving on.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 1.9
Oath
(3): ceejayvinoya , Oath , nonny
Invisibility
(2): MagnaofIllusion , Kmd4390
Not_Mafia
(2): Invisibility , hitogoroshi
nonny
(1): Music Box
Kmd4390
(1): Not_Mafia

Not Voting
(0): Nobody!

Posts reset in (expired on 2018-07-29 22:00:00).
D1 will end when a majority is reached or on July 30/18 at 10:00pm EST in (expired on 2018-07-30 22:00:00).
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Mod Notes:

MoI is due a prod.

Edit - I can't count apparently.
Last edited by Aristophanes on Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Oh look I left the countdown at the 29th and made my text say the 30th. What an idiot.

I'll give you the extra day. Good luck with it!
- Jingle
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Oath
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Music Box
Music Box
Goon
Music Box
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Music Box »

Yeah, still ok with switching to the RC/NM slot.
In post 163, Oath wrote:I actually think it's a great benefit at this point for you to see me flip and see who initial pushed the lynch on weak reasoning and people who keep making this about me when you could be moving on.
If you see people doing this, why aren't you calling them out for it now, instead of leaving the rest of us to do it in Day 2?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:56 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Yeah I got prodded. Sorry Ari but sometimes phone access isn’t even enough.

I probably will be hammering Oath in my next post beyond this.

Also if Oath is indeed scum looks very much like a partner hopping on. Reviewing RC’s posting it certainly could come from a partner who wanted to acknowledge Oath’s awkward opening but focusing anywhere but that.

--
In post 138, nonny wrote:MoI do you only vote for players you scum read?
Um … yes. I really want to know why you asked this because to me that’s basic Mafia 101. Aside from a compromise lynch at deadline or pure policy lynch I don’t see voting people who you don’t scum read. Especially if it is in some sort of “gambit” which I think is the most useless part of the Mafia lexicon that people still try to utilize and generally fail 99.5% of the time.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

At this point, Oath, I'd be shocked if you aren't the Lynch. So if you are going to give final reads or anything, now is the time to do so.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:42 am

Post by nonny »

In post 168, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 138, nonny wrote:MoI do you only vote for players you scum read?
Um … yes. I really want to know why you asked this because to me that’s basic Mafia 101. Aside from a compromise lynch at deadline or pure policy lynch I don’t see voting people who you don’t scum read. Especially if it is in some sort of “gambit” which I think is the most useless part of the Mafia lexicon that people still try to utilize and generally fail 99.5% of the time.
Maybe semantics but you never do reaction votes or pressure votes? Like to see how a null read or only slight scum read will respond?

Also this originally had to you with your question on my invisibility vote, which I’ve already explained my vote there.
*insert bad joke here*
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by Oath »

Towny
Kmd
MoI
Music Box
Invis

Scummy
ceej
nonny
hito
Not_Mafia
Music Box
Music Box
Goon
Music Box
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:37 pm

Post by Music Box »

Vote: Not_Mafia
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:38 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

hard to feel good about following n_m on Oath but confirming I'm around as another potential hammerkeeper along with MoI.

I think oath scum makes kmd come off worse and oath town makes not_mafia come off worse.

feel a little better about music box and nonny, but mostly that just means "watching how they reindex on flips should be instructive"

I basically don't have a single strong townread right now (I mean I still think komala slot probably town but nothing to do with ceejay) and it bothers me, usually I have townreads all over the damn place.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:46 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Less than 12 hours left .. no point in further waiting.

VOTE: Oath
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”