NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2875 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

Scum are playing a splendid game by day I guess. There is NO ONE that I'm
confident
they'd flip red.

@Taly: Seriously now.. why am I in your suspects/lynch pool still? And how would my flip help you reconsider your reads? (Hint: To save yourself some effort, just assume I am today's lynch and I flipped GREEN. So what next?)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2876 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 2874, Taly wrote:If anyone has a problem with this method then they should be quick, direct, and succinct.
Hmm. What if a pool of five pick a certain player and the other ten don't want that player lynched but are dispersed in such a way that the five get a majority? Can we do a lynch count and a definitely not lynch count with one each?

IE

Lynch:
Sky -
A50 -
Profii - Skygazer
HWS -
xyzzy -

Save:
Sky -
A50 -
Profii -
HWS -
xyzzy - Skygazer
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2877 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Skygazer »

If we're gonna go with this the next person can start by copy-pasting from mine btw, that's where I'm at
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2878 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Taly
– Please don’t start some pseudo-vote project this close to deadline. It is only going to sidetrack the Town in general when we need to get a lynch complete. Pick your candidate and push them. Even if it isn’t Sky you need to narrow your focus at this stage.

--
In post 2820, Ausuka wrote:Almost51
Ausuka
the worst
Skygazer
xyzzy
HeWhoSwims
Profii
Corrected this for you.

--
In post 2760, Almost50 wrote:The I listed a possible scenario where scum don't mind directing the vig shot on a partner bc they're going to block him anyway, or that they hope the shot goes elsewhere while they put the vig to rest. In short, there is no "secret reporter". These were just my own thoughts at the time.
Oh so you thought the Mafia have both a Jailkeeper and another blocking role?
In post 2766, Almost50 wrote:Look. There are only two people here I am willing to 100% trust on xy, and one is tw. If he says to lynch xy today I'd pit my vote back on them. (Don't ask who the other one is. If I wanted to out them I would have).
You implicitly trust the outed Serial Killer to help you scum hunt by day knowing that each dead Mafia member brings him closer to PoE death? Insert Willy Wonka “Tell me about …” funny gif here.
In post 2754, Almost50 wrote:Because that's how I decided to play this game! I hopped into a slot that was almost lynched, and my challenge is to keep my slot from being lynched. That's why I feel fine about being vigged or scum NK'd.
So you are saying that you’ve adopted an artificial playstyle this game just like Geriatric White Flag?

At this point I probably would not grouse about an A50 lynch. Because I have to recognize that maybe my Elbirn read was playstyle related and A50 keeps shoving his scum playbook in my face.

--
In post 2791, Skygazer wrote:Taly has a pretty substantial case against me/A50's slot/xyzzy in 1725, 1726, and 1727 which I just finally responded to above
So it took over a thousandish posts for you and your partners to workshop a response to a case?
In post 2758, Skygazer wrote:Don't like that MoI hasn't responded to my latest post at him, if I'm lynched seriously consider looking at him more in depth especially late game if he doesn't die
Scum generally dislike it when I call for their head and don’t let them dissuade me. Sorry bout your luck there buddy.

--
In post 2857, Inferno390 wrote:I’m going to also come back to this in my ISO, but that attack on me from MoI earlier...
I was thinking about it, and I realized that I haven’t actually been “irrationally tunneling” anyone this game, nor have I had a “complete lack of logic.” However, that sounds suspiciously like some of my early games.

So in other words, that post is a very unnecessary attack on me that doesn’t actually address what I said combined with an apparent meta dive that came out of nowhere.
This is exactly why I said what I did. Ever since I’ve called you out on bad / poor posts you’ve been in “MoI is scum because he’s mean to me mode”. And you’ve been bending over backwards to call me scum for any reason you think can stick, despite multiple other players telling you that you are being bad. That’s irrational tunneling to a tee. Frankly I don’t bother addressing your posts because … it isn’t worth my time. I need to help lynch scum not argue with randomlikelyTowniewhoisplayingderpandgetshisfeelingshurt.com that they are being bad.

You almost got another Dunce.gif for somehow thinking I would bother to meta-dive you with my limited time and knowing that I don’t scum read you. But I opted to try to be a bit more pleasant.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2879 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2878, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Oh so you thought the Mafia have both a Jailkeeper and another blocking role?
I don't see the problem there when the scum JK was a
Prime Numbered Nights
limited. After all, we do -presumably Town- have TWO
Fruit Vendors
AND a
Visitor
, and nobody's being skeptical about those.
In post 2878, MagnaofIllusion wrote:You implicitly trust the outed Serial Killer to help you scum hunt by day knowing that each dead Mafia member brings him closer to PoE death?
That's you sayin'. To me the duck is the
Town Vig
, and I don't even see him claiming that shot if he was the SK. I'll give it a 5% chance he managed to fool me here, but the other 95% say he doesn't claim if he was scum and especially so if he is working alone.
In post 2878, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So you are saying that you’ve adopted an artificial playstyle this game just like Geriatric White Flag?
Listen, if you're so sure I'm scum ho ahead and vote me. See if I care.

The explanation was for those who might care to learn to read me (and believe it or not there are people who have developed some way of reading me). As for you, you just won't get that
I play differently in every game
, and that I am fully aware of what I did in the previous game I was with you, so it's nigh impossible for me to use the same trick in your presence.

Just lynch me to verify the above-mentioned fact, and let's see if you can win the game on your own (because believe it or not, I am one of your best assets in this game still .. if you are Town that is.)

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2880 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by Pine »

Inferno390 is being replaced through no fault of his own. This may extend the deadline even further.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2881 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 2879, Almost50 wrote:I don't see the problem there when the scum JK was a Prime Numbered Nights limited. After all, we do -presumably Town- have TWO Fruit Vendors AND a Visitor, and nobody's being skeptical about those.
This is a rather curious assessment of the situation. I clearly think Aus is likely scum and haven’t been shy about saying so. Many others have expressed degrees of concern about this. And the Visitor role is not really tangential at all to the Vendor roles given it can only prove to a Tracker / Watcher Inferno’s slot didn’t make the NK.

How much of the game have you read? How much of Day 2?
In post 2879, Almost50 wrote:That's you sayin'. To me the duck is the Town Vig, and I don't even see him claiming that shot if he was the SK. I'll give it a 5% chance he managed to fool me here, but the other 95% say he doesn't claim if he was scum and especially so if he is working alone.
So you don’t see him as SK claiming the shot even when HitAlt basically guiltied him? Hmmm ….

Smells like scum who doesn’t want to cast shade at the likely SK to avoid being shot.
In post 2879, Almost50 wrote:Listen, if you're so sure I'm scum ho ahead and vote me. See if I care.

The explanation was for those who might care to learn to read me (and believe it or not there are people who have developed some way of reading me). As for you, you just won't get that I play differently in every game, and that I am fully aware of what I did in the previous game I was with you, so it's nigh impossible for me to use the same trick in your presence.

Just lynch me to verify the above-mentioned fact, and let's see if you can win the game on your own (because believe it or not, I am one of your best assets in this game still .. if you are Town that is.)
Ok

VOTE: Almost50

Because this whole response stinks. Especially the part where you side-swipe at me pretending I’m “trying to do it all myself” when I clearly wanted Andy here to tag team the scum into oblivion and have been trying to cultivate a relationship with Taly.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2882 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2881, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So you don’t see him as SK claiming the shot even when HitAlt basically guiltied him?
Where is that?

Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2883 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 2879, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2878, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Oh so you thought the Mafia have both a Jailkeeper and another blocking role?
Prime Numbered Nights
limited.
nights 2,3,5 don't seem that underpowered to me
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2884 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2883, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 2879, Almost50 wrote:
Prime Numbered Nights
limited.
nights 2,3,5 don't seem that underpowered to me
Agreed! It's close to being Odd Night. Still there's a gap there where a Non-Prime-Numbered "something" could be fitted. Again, if we have 2 VFs and a Visitors scum has to have something to counter that or we would have 2 confirmed townies each night (or a guilty instead of one). EVEN assuming the FVs are the only alignment investigatives we've got that's already overpowered. Now add a Follower and you'd see scum are defenseless if all they had was Dram's role in that department.

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #2885 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 2875, Almost50 wrote:Scum are playing a splendid game by day I guess. There is NO ONE that I'm
confident
they'd flip red.

@Taly: Seriously now.. why am I in your suspects/lynch pool still? And how would my flip help you reconsider your reads? (Hint: To save yourself some effort, just assume I am today's lynch and I flipped GREEN. So what next?)
1)
Half of your votes and reads this dayphase have been based off "sheeping" someone or something. You haven't voiced much of any independent thought beyond you assessing how people WOULD read you. , ,

2)
You also use the term "sheeping" a bit too much... In , you directly ignored the posts I've made to back-up my thoughts in this game and painted me as though I'm trying to get people to sheep me versus actually working with me.

3)
With that said, I didn't like your early assessment of my posts, and your response to my scumread on
you/HWS
being terrible and you flippantly replying to me is unhelpful.

4)
You believe I'm confbiased but you don't change that, you essentially have the mentality that I should just leave you alone and have you take the NK when you've ALREADY claimed VT in a multiple-PR game.

The only major points I have to townread you on what I COULD HYPOTHETICALLY infer based off what limited info. I have on your gameplay, and you having the
"Go ahead and vote me"
next to the
"I'm pushing against my lynch but not pushing another person"
mentality ALONGSIDE
profii
practically giving himself up to rope is anti-town.

Bottom Line:
There's nothing in your ISO that specifically points to you for being town from what I've seen of you, and your posts have not helped me resolve my other reads this dayphase just like several other players, nor have they helped me resolve my thoughts on you.

I can see rationale for you being town, but just like
Profii
and just like
xyzzy
, and maybe even
Sky

But your play right now, pinges me hard.

And if you flipped town, I don't quite know what my reads would be. They'd change my thoughts on the rest of the lynchpool, and maybe even outside of that.

Tell me who you think should be the lynch.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2886 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 2878, MagnaofIllusion wrote:@Taly – Please don’t start some pseudo-vote project this close to deadline. It is only going to sidetrack the Town in general when we need to get a lynch complete. Pick your candidate and push them. Even if it isn’t Sky you need to narrow your focus at this stage.
Yeah, I don't think what I proposed earlier was a great idea

But I'm very close to closing my eyes, and picking a name out of a cup on who I'm sticking on for lynching today.

It's gotten that bad.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2887 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 2880, Pine wrote:
Inferno390 is being replaced through no fault of his own. This may extend the deadline even further.
I'd prefer an extended nightphase if it comes down to that.

I'm completely with
Chickadee
in the sentiment that this day just needs to end.

profii
is selling himself to the rope, and I could just lynch that because it's a shitshow of WIFOM.
xyzzy
isn't around when he should be, but he's been unhelpful.
I just forgot
HWS
was in this game, so why not lynch that since scum would supposedly be demotivated and he could be scum anyway?
A50
is ?????? - reasons to think they're town and scum
Sky
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2888 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 2887, Taly wrote:
In post 2880, Pine wrote:
I'd prefer an extended nightphase if it comes down to that.

I'm completely with
Chickadee
in the sentiment that this day just needs to end.

profii
is selling himself to the rope, and I could just lynch that because it's a shitshow of WIFOM.
xyzzy
isn't around when
they
should be, but
their
been unhelpful.
I just forgot
HWS
was in this game, so why not lynch that since scum would supposedly be demotivated and he could be scum anyway?
A50
Sky
Fuck X_X Sorry again

I'm not thinking about my posts right now, because I'm not thinking very clearly.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2889 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2885, Taly wrote:Tell me who you think should be the lynch.
I simply don't know and I already said I have no confident SRs as of yet

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2890 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by brassherald »

Do you have any confident TRs?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2891 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2890, brassherald wrote:Do you have any confident TRs?
I do! 3 of them. I just didn't want them killed off, but seeing as they're outside the claimed PRs I don't mind saying tw, brass & Gamma are my strongest TRs

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2892 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm a prostitute
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2893 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by the worst »

PR***
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2894 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2892, the worst wrote:I'm a prostitute
In post 2893, the worst wrote:PR***

Nope. Not touching that one. At least, not without some gloves and a lot of disinfectant.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2895 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by the worst »

I wish I could promise to stop phoneposting or at least promise to pay more attention to what I post but like...... I don't want to..........
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2896 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Pine »

Jingle replaces Inferno390!

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2897 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by the worst »

JINGLE WHAT'S GOOD
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2898 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Jingle »

Good is a subjective descriptor of a moral or qualitative state perceived to desirable. It is a lesser qualitative degree than best and opposite to bad.

Who should I lynch?
This is a Parachute.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2899 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by the worst »

so that's it. I keep hearing about this abstract concept and getting so confused... but it's so simple.

eeehhhhh were kinda compromising on xyzzy

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”