micro 816-II: pokemon go (open game) (gambe over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:10 am

Post by Shoshin »

Profii's early analysis from a recent scum game:
In post 355, profii wrote:right probably spreading myself a bit thin across multiple games, apologies. Here we go though.

Archwing: please post more - side note, archwing answers the initial query over multiball, i think ill note this as i have an idea...

Beefster: vla

egg: I like the initial reads and picking up that TiaM reacted badly, i agree here. Following my multiball idea, it appears Inferno picks up the multiball idea, I want to find the root of this discussion...

Firebringer: i always find the short sentence style players hard to read. noting 273 for scum teams reference. Oh the cop claim - pushing Flavour, LUV or NSG. 2 members of the hood, why not Gamma or Inferno?

Flavour Leaf: I just simply dont trust this slot until it's PR'd in some way. I played a game with FL once and a couple of players just sheep'd his day 1 reads in twilight based on rep - no offence but I can't believe anyone can be such a mafia genius so I'll give you some time. Unless you are mechanically proved town, i wouldnt take this slot to lylo however.

Flubber: not done a great deal so far. Would have to look again if Gamma dropped dead right now but other than that... i await content (not a criticism, I know I'm not doing great on that front)

Gamma: I got bored of clicking the links but some of the ISO seemed ok with me. I would suggest maybe some kind of brief title, followed by link, followed by thoughts E.g My scum read on player X look at the stuff in the post it's so obvious - etc etc- in this era of clickbait i want to know what I'm getting before i get there, the comments need to be more succinct before you earn a click from me. Sorry.

Inferno - right this seems to be the start of the multiball theory. I know the mod has non-confirmed it. I wonder if this is a scum player who thinks their scum team is underpowered. I also think from my experience of him in a newbie game recently (1851 positivity on my wiki) says to me Inferno is switched on enough to not give the game away after that day vig gambit. Also - he was town in that game and got triggered at a lot of what I'd call fairly routine scum hunting, doesn't seem to be the case here, I'm thinking this slot rolled scum...
Also the random PR reveal concerns me. He knew in the newbie game to keep quiet with his PR and one of the above ISOs said no scum day chat in the rules, so this might have been for his scum mates
Less substance this his analysis here, but the overall direction of his thinking is similar - lots of nothingness, non-committal about most things, and mostly speculation about who the scum are, very little attempt to townhunt.

And here's his early analysis as town:
In post 77, profii wrote: Ruby town
SIV scum
In post 102, profii wrote:I think this is the worsts town game

And Kokis

So I am thinking Una or Siv will be the scum

Una made some weird posts for Una to be fair but I don’t like SIV either
In post 133, profii wrote:Usually I can town hunt pretty easily but there is a lack of players towning it up in this game
In other words, he townhunts as town but not as scum. And then there's this:
In post 142, profii wrote:I’m pretty sure I’ve been criticised in my earliest games for being seen to town hunt more than scum hunt so I find it weird that someone would expect to find a history of me doing it - I kinda assumed site meta is scum hunt or die
In other words, Profii probably thinks that an easy way to push a mislynch when scum is to attack someone for townhunting, and he thinks a way to survive as scum is to focus on scumhunting over townhunting.

What's Profii doing here? He's attacking me because I threw out some townreads. Meanwhile, he's exclusively looking for scum while making no real attempt to find any of the town.

Thoughts?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 248, profii wrote:I also have Kokis PM explaination in my mind that he got the reject PM which could be a scum sign
Question. What's a reject PM?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:12 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 252, stungun0404 wrote:and that was with 7 votes needed to lynch me
Also NSG not posting is starting to concern me, ngl
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:32 am

Post by profii »

In post 276, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 248, profii wrote:I also have Kokis PM explaination in my mind that he got the reject PM which could be a scum sign
Question. What's a reject PM?
Your partner managed to get first choice, therefore the PM you ended up with was rejected by them
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:37 am

Post by profii »

I actually like that page topping post from Shoshin there - It’s easy for scum to just throw out whatever narrative they want to try and get people to believe but you’ve gone meta diving to go and find the “right” narrative irrespective of what you find

Have the biggest town badge so far
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:40 am

Post by profii »

NSG last post Monday AM (GMT) this game was in its very early stages at that point.

We haven’t really formed a lynchpool or anything like that so it’s hard to say inactive!scum!nsg is letting us mislynch on our own accord or if it’s genuine IRL stuff or whatever

Would be good to know if a prod goes out
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:46 am

Post by Aronis »

okay i'm pretty sure shoshin is conftown at this point and one of the best players on this site
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:46 am

Post by Aronis »

i might just sheep shoshin for the rest of the game tbh
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:51 am

Post by profii »

In post 265, Shoshin wrote:
In post 248, profii wrote:Stungun seems to be struggling to scum hunt but trying in their own unconventional way

Aronis declaring themselves not scum hunting is a big alarm bell

My gut feeling is Shoshin is politically moving the vote around for buddying to try and split the pack as it were

GIF seems ok but I can’t read RC well so I’m not the authority on that

Whilst inactivity is annoying - if it is scum, I guess it indicates we are not putting scum under pressure thus, but I’ll hear NSG out

I also have Kokis PM explaination in my mind that he got the reject PM which could be a scum sign
So basically everyone could be scum and you don't have any thoughts about who it is?
Well the point of that post was

stun - prob not scum
Aronis - scum read
Shoshin - scum lean (though i later retract that)
Gif - no idea right now but if you held a gun to my head I’ll go town
NSG - whilst lurking is bad, I’ll aboid reading a slot on 2 posts
Koki - scum lean

So 8 players excluding myself, I’ve offered 3 potential scum slots
I’m leaning most strongly towards Aronis

So basically everyone actually is less than half

There are other times where I would call this shade and say you are scummy for it but your meta diving is swaying me towards saying you are someone who has confidence in their convictions and when you believe in something you will lead your wagon rather than sheep someone else’s

If some other players come in with “yes this fits your meta” uncontested I’ll basically lock town you tbh despite me thinking there are flaws in your case - the intentions seem pure
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:52 am

Post by profii »

VOTE: aronis
L-2
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:54 am

Post by Aronis »

wow you can tell profii just got caught
gotta go back and modify that readslist real quick before anyone else realizes she/he is scum
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:56 am

Post by profii »

How is that readlist modified at all
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Aronis »

you got called out for being vague- something you do as scum, so you just made the most direct and to the point readslist possible and then your conclusion is oh, let's put someone else at L2 to try to get as much attention off of me as possible
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:04 am

Post by profii »

Feel free to interrogate as much as you can to understand the rationale for any of my reads if you want to send attention my way

I felt my first list was mis repped because I don’t feel like I’m scum reading “basically everyone” by any stretch so I thought clarity would help

But you do seem to be directing heat in my direction ironically
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:04 am

Post by profii »

Directing in my direction - that’s horrendous but oh well
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 288, profii wrote:Feel free to interrogate as much as you can to understand the rationale for any of my reads if you want to send attention my way

I felt my first list was mis repped because I don’t feel like I’m scum reading “basically everyone” by any stretch so I thought clarity would help

I count one very weak town endorsement on stungun from that list
everybody else you ignore, don't commit, or call scum. Scum reading "basically everyone" seems like a fairly accurate description. You definitely didn't give any real town reads out.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:12 am

Post by profii »

Hang on

Shoshin

Those quotes were from Large Scientifc Mafia right

Tell me what else you noticed in that game?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:14 am

Post by profii »

In post 290, Aronis wrote:
In post 288, profii wrote:Feel free to interrogate as much as you can to understand the rationale for any of my reads if you want to send attention my way

I count one very weak town endorsement on stungun from that list
everybody else you ignore, don't commit, or call scum. Scum reading "basically everyone" seems like a fairly accurate description. You definitely didn't give any real town reads out.
You can probably argue I made a town lean on GIF which wasn’t originally there and you’d be right

I’d highlight that I have stated I struggle to read GIF and that town lean was if you held a gun to my head so really it’s very close to nul

I just want to see how Shoshin answers that last post before I go any further - I think I’ve spotted something
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Creature »

In post 242, stungun0404 wrote:VOTE: nsg

broken record, but the lurkier she is the scummier she is
Leave her for later.

I'd rather not wagonpark all day.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Creature »

In post 270, GirlInFreezer wrote:but generally i find that scum overmention their partners as opposed to undermention
I don't think scum overmention their lurking partners though.
Sigh
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:27 am

Post by profii »

In post 291, profii wrote:Hang on

Shoshin

Those quotes were from Large Scientifc Mafia right

Tell me what else you noticed in that game?
actually I will just post what I noticed-

I was going to say I’m sure I remember playing a game where NSG said she was “trying” something on day 1 but I couldn’t remeber which it was

I looked at scientific mafia on my wiki at which point I realised that’s the game Shoshin was metadiving me with those quotes

I skimmed NSGs iso looking for the quote to show as town she “tries things” which, if you look carefully, may be happening in this game...

But I did notice town!NSG made exactly 3 posts, last being #40, then reappeared on post #375 a few calendar days later

Yet - what I want to know is why, if Shoshin had the oppurtunity to look in my previous games and found one with 2 players in this game, shoshin didn’t notice exactly that and just focussed on me
GirlInFreezer
GirlInFreezer
Goon
GirlInFreezer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:52 am

Post by GirlInFreezer »

Digging Profiis recent content
GirlInFreezer
GirlInFreezer
Goon
GirlInFreezer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:53 am

Post by GirlInFreezer »

VOTE: creature
GirlInFreezer
GirlInFreezer
Goon
GirlInFreezer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:58 am

Post by GirlInFreezer »

I have mental questions about shoshins again but I'll let her prove her alignment by results

Profii I think is town now
Kokichi still townread
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 279, profii wrote:It’s easy for scum to just throw out whatever narrative they want to try and get people to believe but you’ve gone meta diving to go and find the “right” narrative irrespective of what you find
I don't understand this. Can you clarify?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”