Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2335, projectmatt wrote:anyway for clarity, i scumread moment largely for tone issues (i articulated it in the post above.)
I will never subscribe to a read based on 'tone'.

1) I don't think a lot of players are actually very good at doing this, and most of the time it's mostly because they're just bad at explaining reads.
2) I don't read players on tone anyway.
3) Scum can easily try to substantiate a 'scumread' based on just 'tone' and I've seen them do this.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:13 am

Post by projectmatt »

too bad. i think he's mafia. based on his tone.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Ankamius »

What are your scumreads atm
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2350, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2335, projectmatt wrote:anyway for clarity, i scumread moment largely for tone issues (i articulated it in the post above.)
I will never subscribe to a read based on 'tone'.

1) I don't think a lot of players are actually very good at doing this, and most of the time it's mostly because they're just bad at explaining reads.
2) I don't read players on tone anyway.
3) Scum can easily try to substantiate a 'scumread' based on just 'tone' and I've seen them do this.
yay playstyle clashes

It reminds me of the time I got mislynched by a conftown because I can't make huge walls on demand
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2000, projectmatt wrote:i do try to feel my way into scumreads, and why is that a bad thing? the thing about reading games based on tone is that you subconsciously pick up on stuff that you may not be able to put into words. i think it's completely valid to assert that a post feels "off", and i don't see the need to make up some fake logic about why i found it bad as opposed to being honest and saying that i think his tone is scummy.
again, i'm not about to make up reasons and grasp at straws just so i can justify why moment is mafia. i think he feels off. i think his tone feels manipulative.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2132, projectmatt wrote:as for my actual top choice, i'd probably want to vote muffin or
moment
. i'll elaborate on those when it's not 4 am.
You would think that the
elaboration
would be more than just 'tone.' But that's just me.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

Btw

I had the same opinion, especially on 306
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2337, projectmatt wrote:
In post 2334, Spiffeh wrote:What changed your mind?
i came to the realization that a lot of the reasons i scumread sakura seem to boil down to playstyle/site meta that im not familiar with, as opposed to legitimate scumtells. her play improved considerably after my original catch-up post. their tone reads a lot more sincere and i think they're approaching the game in a way that scum almost definitely wouldn't. stuff like this:
In post 2094, Sakura Hana wrote:Actually I have a gut feeling that purrcocet is scum, but i dont care enough right now.

or
In post 1104, Sakura Hana wrote:
Tbh, i do think muffin's scum, but i feel kinda nervous/anxious about lynching him coz i'd feel bad if he's actually town here and im wrong.
doesn't look scum-motivated to me at all. it is fence-sitting like i pointed out previously, but the difference is that sakura is being brutally honest about their indifference/apathy toward getting their reads lynched, and that makes a lot more sense coming from a town perspective than a scum one.

i scumread muffin because his reads feel weirdly non-commital and stuff like this pings the hell out of me:
In post 2118, zMuffinMan wrote:my evil conscience is like "STOP OVERTHINKING SHIT, IT'S NANCY TBG" but my good conscience doesn't fully trust my evil conscience and is like "but nancy could just be bad. maybe maria tbg?" and both consciences are too busy doing other things to really give a shit about who's right tbh
i dont get the impression from his posts that he's trying to gamesolve or sincerely find the mafia, but it does look to me like he's posturing between a bunch of different scumreads and relying on his erratic playstyle to justify not articulating himself.
UNVOTE: Matt
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:17 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2355, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2132, projectmatt wrote:as for my actual top choice, i'd probably want to vote muffin or
moment
. i'll elaborate on those when it's not 4 am.
You would think that the
elaboration
would be more than just 'tone.' But that's just me.
i elaborated on muffin and i re-explained why i think moment is mafia based on his tone. i guess maybe saying "ill elaborate later" was misleading, but i stand by my read.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Ankamius »

306 was a huge post of a bunch of soft stances and wording it in a way that is both incredibly useless and yet can be used as a way to ensure that taking certain hard stances later will feel more natural while also not feeling all that bad if you need to go the opposite way because of how weak the read is.

It's literally a read of 'looking busy and providing outs'
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Ankamius »

+ commas
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Purrcocet »

In post 2341, projectmatt wrote:maybe one day when i manage to perfectly adhere to mafiascum.net site meta and become a household personality i'll stop getting mislynched in games

granted 3-4 of the people on your wagon haven't even said anything but "site meta" is hardly why you're being lynched

i'm probably willing to switch

Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2336, Purrcocet wrote:Cause she towntold?
Where did this happen?
Her and Dunn is tvt and I don't think either of them are fake sorting the other

A lot of her posting and stances that's been pointed out as "scummy" probably indicates the opposite to that effect

I'm pretty sure scum Maria doesn't just fold when pushed
She had minimal pressure on her and Ate'd or something
I was scumreading her hard too
Brian Skies wrote:
How would you know if all his Srs are town?
He's either pushing obvtown or trying to act like Tbg slot is scmmier than it is
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:22 am

Post by projectmatt »

i'm not trying to be that guy who says "the only reason im being lynched is because im not part of the site meta"

but i do think it is a factor
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2339, Purrcocet wrote:Brian townreading muffin makes this weirder for me
I'd probably be willing to vote muffin if Nancy Wisdom Moment join the fun
I feel better about Muffin being scum than Matt.

I liked his progression on Sakura and I find Muffin’s pushing me, TBG, Maria and still scumreading me at this point hard to believe. I don’t really think this is town!Muffin here.

I think he pushed me because Matt is an easier mislynch, maybe?

VOTE: Muffin
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:24 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2359, Ankamius wrote:306 was a huge post of a bunch of soft stances and wording it in a way that is both incredibly useless and yet can be used as a way to ensure that taking certain hard stances later will feel more natural while also not feeling all that bad if you need to go the opposite way because of how weak the read is.

It's literally a read of 'looking busy and providing outs'
i completely agree with this btw
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:24 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2354, projectmatt wrote:
In post 2000, projectmatt wrote:i do try to feel my way into scumreads, and why is that a bad thing? the thing about reading games based on tone is that you subconsciously pick up on stuff that you may not be able to put into words. i think it's completely valid to assert that a post feels "off", and i don't see the need to make up some fake logic about why i found it bad as opposed to being honest and saying that i think his tone is scummy.
again, i'm not about to make up reasons and grasp at straws just so i can justify why moment is mafia. i think he feels off. i think his tone feels manipulative.
ISO him in Minuet and see if your conclusions change.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2361, Purrcocet wrote:granted 3-4 of the people on your wagon haven't even said anything but "site meta" is hardly why you're being lynched

i'm probably willing to switch
Why would you switch? What about anything Matt's said makes you think he's town here?
In post 2361, Purrcocet wrote:Her and Dunn is tvt and I don't think either of them are fake sorting the other

A lot of her posting and stances that's been pointed out as "scummy" probably indicates the opposite to that effect

I'm pretty sure scum Maria doesn't just fold when pushed
She had minimal pressure on her and Ate'd or something
I was scumreading her hard too
So which of these was a 'towntell'?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:29 am

Post by projectmatt »

i can immediately see a difference in moment's tone in that game vs this game.

his first content post was this:
In post 113, Moment wrote:Not all that much to do before we can vote. I've got light townreads for one (likely poor) reason or another on Kokichi, HS, hebichan and Dunnstral.

If I could vote, it'd likely be on Kaede for this post:
In post 82, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:
In post 79, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 77, mastina wrote:BTW investigatives should stay off me; they'd be wasting their action.
I'm a D3 Innocent Child.
If you are wondering, no, not automatic; I have to manually trigger it.
Nice fakeclaim

Reveal
What makes you think it's a fake claim?
I have a hard time believing that anyone could actually have this sort of thought process and ask that question.
it's speculative and insecure but it also outs definite reads and puts pressure on another player.

meanwhile, moment's first content post in this game:
In post 306, Moment wrote:
In post 303, projectmatt wrote:do you have reads?
Oh, I guess I wasn't really clear in my wording; I didn't mean that I had past-tense "gotten" a chance to look through things, I meant that my chance started right then (and is now completed).

No strong reads as of yet, but I've got some leans going either way. Kokichi, you (matt), Dunnstral, Nancy and
perhaps
Sakura (pending taking a look back at the last game for comparison on something) all seem town enough to me for now. I agree with others on Ankamius' posting just in general not being the best so far, but that's not really a strong scumread at all.

I haven't liked some of what Spiffeh has been saying; specifically, it was these two lines that really stuck out to me:
In post 157, Spiffeh wrote:Nancy, you admit yourself that your early game is inconsistent but when you're wagoned you say that they shouldn't be scum reading you here because of how you acted in the beginning of Necromancer.
In post 202, Spiffeh wrote:Some would argue that there won’t be any meaningful contribution before votes actually count.
The first line from 157 is logically correct, but it's the kind of logically correct thing that someone could point out regardless of alignment, and I feel like a scum Spiffeh would be more apt to take that opportunity to point it out than a town Spiffeh. When it comes to Nancy Drew, that kind of logical inconsistency really doesn't seem particularly alignment relevant - at least, that's how it seems to me - and so pointing it out would be more of an attempt to look like you're doing something than actually doing something.

The second quote really just stuck out to me for the wording. He wasn't making that argument, he was just saying that "some would argue" that. It's weasel wording which, in all honesty, is probably not scum indicative, especially for such a tangentially alignment-related issue as the starting of the day. Even still, it stuck out to me upon reading through and I felt it worth mentioning.
it reads to me like moment is scared to commit to any reads or even to interrogate another player. it feels like his express purpose is keeping his options open while still setting up to vote people later in the game. this is different from his first post in minuet, in which he takes hard stances and asserts himself.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Moment's not scum and he's not getting lynched today.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:31 am

Post by projectmatt »

thanks for the input.
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Purrcocet »

i don't think matt is trying to pander to us so he can live
i think he believes some of the things he says that i think are crazy
i believe his actions re:nancy slot more than I do muffins
i also can see him scumreading moment cause i totally misread them last game
Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2361, Purrcocet wrote:Her and Dunn is tvt and I don't think either of them are fake sorting the other

So which of these was a 'towntell'?
first one if you want

moment does a better job of explaining the other part hold on
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Purrcocet »

In post 1599, Moment wrote:Oh, I kind of skipped over the Maria discussion. Having read back through the game during the night, I didn't think that scum Maria would talk about the Mylo wagon the way she did. I'd imagine that scum, seeing their partner go down, would almost always choose to try to gain some kind of credit from it rather than make a defense that would certainly be futile. Some of these quotes should show what I'm referring to:

Spoiler:
In post 495, MariaR wrote:
In post 491, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 482, MariaR wrote:Sakura I still have as a scumlean but not as hard as before because I feel like she's voting anything that walks.
yeah that's what i'm doing, kinda.
Dunno why that lowers your scumlean tho.
I don't remember you being as reckless as scum.

Also the mylongninja wagon is bad it's a 3 person lurker that will give no info regardless of the flip.
In post 1118, MariaR wrote:Will vote Mylo if it reaches 16 hours or less and then when that flips town Brain Muffin and Dunn all go in the grinder
In post 1127, MariaR wrote:If you explain yours I'll happily do the same. Even though I've done that about twice already (besides muffin)
Pedit: Mylo is the easy lurker lynch that scum are going to grab onto for a free mislynch. Nothing Mylo has done looks that towny or scummy to me but the way votes are happening it's telling all in itself.
In post 1132, MariaR wrote:Like I kid you not i'd bet money scum prob in there head be like "oh shit partner getting wagoned let's wagon mylo" I don't see Mylo flipping scum although it is a great info lynch to see where everyone makes an excuse to scumread next so I don't mind them dying per say
Pedit: I already explain mine kind of to friend!
Pedit2: Never said that
In post 1137, MariaR wrote:The fact wagons have tried to get started and then lead back to Mylo is telling in itself that we were wagoning scum most likely at one point and then it just went back to Mylo but hey go nuts and wagon town I'll hear all your excuses D2

In contrast to scum betraying their knowledge of everyone's alignment, I feel like comments such as these betray a
lack
of informedness.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:34 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2367, projectmatt wrote:
In post 306, Moment wrote:
In post 303, projectmatt wrote:do you have reads?
Oh, I guess I wasn't really clear in my wording; I didn't mean that I had past-tense "gotten" a chance to look through things, I meant that my chance started right then (and is now completed).

No strong reads as of yet, but I've got some leans going either way. Kokichi, you (matt), Dunnstral, Nancy and
perhaps
Sakura (pending taking a look back at the last game for comparison on something) all seem town enough to me for now. I agree with others on Ankamius' posting just in general not being the best so far, but that's not really a strong scumread at all.

I haven't liked some of what Spiffeh has been saying; specifically, it was these two lines that really stuck out to me:
In post 157, Spiffeh wrote:Nancy, you admit yourself that your early game is inconsistent but when you're wagoned you say that they shouldn't be scum reading you here because of how you acted in the beginning of Necromancer.
In post 202, Spiffeh wrote:Some would argue that there won’t be any meaningful contribution before votes actually count.
The first line from 157 is logically correct, but it's the kind of logically correct thing that someone could point out regardless of alignment, and I feel like a scum Spiffeh would be more apt to take that opportunity to point it out than a town Spiffeh. When it comes to Nancy Drew, that kind of logical inconsistency really doesn't seem particularly alignment relevant - at least, that's how it seems to me - and so pointing it out would be more of an attempt to look like you're doing something than actually doing something.

The second quote really just stuck out to me for the wording. He wasn't making that argument, he was just saying that "some would argue" that. It's weasel wording which, in all honesty, is probably not scum indicative, especially for such a tangentially alignment-related issue as the starting of the day. Even still, it stuck out to me upon reading through and I felt it worth mentioning.
it reads to me like moment is scared to commit to any reads or even to interrogate another player. it feels like his express purpose is keeping his options open while still setting up to vote people later in the game. this is different from his first post in minuet, in which he takes hard stances and asserts himself.
In post 307, Moment wrote:And despite all those words spent on Spiffeh, I think the best place for my vote is actually on Nosferatu. His series of posts starting at strikes me as forced, and I feel more confident in that actually being scum indicative than any of the other thoughts I've mentioned so far.

I'll also be keeping my eye on Mylo and MariaR.

VOTE: Nosferatu
I don't think anything he's posted here is insecure or noncommittal (that would actually more aptly describe your play, not his). And his immediately following post segues nicely into where he does actually end up moving his vote. Nos' posts up to that point did feel incredibly forced at the time, and it was a read I agreed with him on.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:37 am

Post by projectmatt »

we're clearly not reading his tone the same way at all. i don't think #307 was committal. it left open the possibility that he could switch to spiffeh/mylo/maria at any time. he's also not trying to directly engage nosferatu, moreso just saying "this was scummy and here's why". that contrasts his post in minuet, in which he directly called out kaede in a harsh way.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2370, Purrcocet wrote:
i don't think matt is trying to pander to us so he can live

i think he believes some of the things he says that i think are crazy
i believe his actions re:nancy slot more than I do muffins
i also can see him scumreading moment cause i totally misread them last game
Really? Because his posts read as him whining that people are scumreading him. Not to mention he even at one point said he should be read as obvtown, and I don't think there's anything in his iso that should indicate this.

What crazy things do you think he seriously believes and why?

Why do you believe his actions regarding Nancy more than Muffins? Serious question since I may have missed these (or just ignored them), and I don't know why you don't think Muffin could have these interactions regarding Muffin.

I didn't understand why anyone scumread Moment last game and still don't.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”