micro 816-II: pokemon go (open game) (gambe over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:46 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler: the search bar is pretty robust; u can search the name of a type to show everything with that, or do "evolve" to list your pokemon that can evolve with the candy you currently have

Vote count 1.4

northsidegal (2):
Aronis, GirlInFreezer
Aronis (2):
Shoshin, profii
Kokichi Oma (1):
northsidegal
profii (1):
stungun0404

not voting (3):
NicoRobin, Kokichi Oma, Creature

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. day 1 ends august 13 at 02:00 central US time; in (expired on 2018-08-13 02:00:00)

mod notes
  • please see the rules in the main thread if you haven't already.
  • deadline for the decision to swap is in (expired on 2018-08-02 02:00:00)
  • dam i gotta go do a raid but i got paint all over me
[/area]
Last edited by schadd_ on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 25, Kokichi Oma wrote:But didn't realize this was a separate game. I thought me and gamma would basically be like masons or something lol.
Let's assume you both got town PMs. What'd you imagine happened to the folks who got a scum PM and a town PM? How could they be in the same game?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:48 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 347, Shoshin wrote:Hmm, NSG could be scum.
what makes you say that?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:52 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 352, northsidegal wrote:
In post 347, Shoshin wrote:Hmm, NSG could be scum.
what makes you say that?
Nothing that townish about your posting. Saying that Profii is town for something you do as scum doesn't make much sense. Saying I'm overconfident to stoke GiF's paranoia isn't helpful, especially when you're wrong that overconfidence was a problem in that game.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:58 am

Post by northsidegal »

????

i didn't say profii was town at all, especially not
because
of something that i once did as scum... i wondered and put it out there if it was wrong to townread him for having those theories and as a counterargument to my own thinking reflected on how i got townread for the same thing in one of my own scum games.

when you say that i "said that you're overconfident to stoke gif's paranoia", why are you coming from the position of me already being scum? within what i said itself i really don't think there's a reason to interpret it that way - it only makes sense if you already think that i'm scum and so you look at that action from a scum perspective. so where is that perspective coming from in the first place? that is, on its own what i said is decidedly
not
just stoking paranoia - it's just me commenting on something that stood out to me while reading that i agreed with having remembered something from mini normal 2012. (and, this really isn't a useful discussion to get into, but yes, overconfidence was a problem in that game, or at least a contributing factor to a town loss - that's not meant to be a personal attack on you or anything of that nature, it's just me remembering what went wrong during that game).

things fall apart
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Shoshin »

It's actually a weird interpretation of that game since I kept saying I had no clue who the scum were... and town kept changing their minds about things... and then they lost mostly because of lurking, faulty results, and a really bad play from our jailkeeper... like, how you get "overconfidence" from any of that is hard to really understand... so yeah it looks like you're misremembering the game and stoking GiF's paranoia...
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:01 am

Post by Shoshin »

Mumble (the jailkeeper) was overconfident in a way that lost us the game, but that's a differnet player, so I don't know how you group him with me.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:02 am

Post by profii »

Does anyone dispute that the only reason anyone is pushing NSG at the moment is meta
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 354, northsidegal wrote:i didn't say profii was town at all, especially not because of something that i once did as scum... i wondered and put it out there if it was wrong to townread him for having those theories and as a counterargument to my own thinking reflected on how i got townread for the same thing in one of my own scum games.
So your logic is:

"I can't read Profii but for the moment he feels town for doing something I did as scum."

Wtf? Just a very strange way to talk about someone who is coming under a lot of pressure at the moment.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:09 am

Post by northsidegal »

you're still misinterpreting what i'm saying. never once have i said that he feels town
FOR
doing something that i once did as scum. i said on a gut level i want to townread him for that theory thing,
BUT
i was once townread as scum for doing that.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:12 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 355, Shoshin wrote:It's actually a weird interpretation of that game since I kept saying I had no clue who the scum were... and town kept changing their minds about things... and then they lost mostly because of lurking, faulty results, and a really bad play from our jailkeeper... like, how you get "overconfidence" from any of that is hard to really understand... so yeah it looks like you're misremembering the game and stoking GiF's paranoia...
-shrug-

it's possible that i'm confusing you with something else. i don't think so, but it's possible. i really don't want to have to turn this into me trying to prove to you that you were overconfident in reads in another game because that really doesn't sound pleasant for either of us.

even if my interpretation of that game is wrong, why do you instantly go to me stroking paranoia instead of me simply misremembering? i'm still not sure where the assumption of malice comes in.

things fall apart
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:13 am

Post by profii »

NSG is town

At least one scum in

{Shoshin / Stungun / Aronis }

Probably Aronis

Hard stance there for you.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:17 am

Post by stungun0404 »

good profii, i like that you took a stance! but why do you feel shoshin and i are in that PoE scumpool? and you haven’t attacked any townreads on shoshin? you did on me early on.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 359, northsidegal wrote:you're still misinterpreting what i'm saying. never once have i said that he feels town
FOR
doing something that i once did as scum. i said on a gut level i want to townread him for that theory thing,
BUT
i was once townread as scum for doing that.
What's the difference between saying someone "feels town" and saying "my gut wants to townread him"?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:18 am

Post by northsidegal »

that's not the difference that i'm trying to highlight.

things fall apart
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 360, northsidegal wrote:even if my interpretation of that game is wrong, why do you instantly go to me stroking paranoia instead of me simply misremembering? i'm still not sure where the assumption of malice comes in.
I said you "could" be scum, not that you are. The point is that I'm not townreading your play because it's consistent with what I think you'd do as scum.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:20 am

Post by northsidegal »

meh, actually i can understand where you're coming from. making those two statements next to each other, i can see how someone would interpret that as me saying that i'm townreading him for something that i once did as scum. putting it that way misrepresents the way that i'm thinking, however. i'm townreading him for something that i think might be a towntell, it's just that i'm not sure of the reliability of that towntell. that's all.

things fall apart
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 364, northsidegal wrote:that's not the difference that i'm trying to highlight.
Yeah, I get it. You're saying you want to townread him for doing something. I'm wondering why you'd want to townread him for doing that thing when you know scum do it.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 366, northsidegal wrote:i'm townreading him for something that i think might be a towntell, it's just that i'm not sure of the reliability of that towntell.
Why would it be a towntell if you know scum do it? Like, that's what I don't get.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:22 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 365, Shoshin wrote:
In post 360, northsidegal wrote:even if my interpretation of that game is wrong, why do you instantly go to me stroking paranoia instead of me simply misremembering? i'm still not sure where the assumption of malice comes in.
I said you "could" be scum, not that you are. The point is that I'm not townreading your play because it's consistent with what I think you'd do as scum.
-shrug-

i don't think that really gets to the heart of my question but i don't think it's actually all that important to continue the discussion.
In post 368, Shoshin wrote:
In post 366, northsidegal wrote:i'm townreading him for something that i think might be a towntell, it's just that i'm not sure of the reliability of that towntell.
Why would it be a towntell if you know scum do it? Like, that's what I don't get.
there's no such thing as a 100% towntell. every towntell that you can think of has been done by scum before - it's just a matter of probabilistic reasoning (if mathdino were here, he'd probably say bayesian reasoning).

things fall apart
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:25 am

Post by stungun0404 »

i will cut in to say nsg is right about probability > possibility being the optimal way to go, that’s why you hear occam’s razor referred to so often.

there probably isn’t a 100% towntell, but there are certain things that i’d argue are SO unlikely to come from scum that they are almost universally town. i’m not going to say what those are, just because i don’t want scum getting an idea of what i would universally townread.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:26 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 369, northsidegal wrote:there's no such thing as a 100% towntell. every towntell that you can think of has been done by scum before - it's just a matter of probabilistic reasoning (if mathdino were here, he'd probably say bayesian reasoning).
That's fine. Why is it a towntell?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:27 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 371, Shoshin wrote:
In post 369, northsidegal wrote:there's no such thing as a 100% towntell. every towntell that you can think of has been done by scum before - it's just a matter of probabilistic reasoning (if mathdino were here, he'd probably say bayesian reasoning).
That's fine. Why is it a towntell?
it just felt that way - coming up with a theory like that struck me as something that comes from town genuinely thinking about the game.

things fall apart
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:28 am

Post by profii »

In post 362, stungun0404 wrote:good profii, i like that you took a stance! but why do you feel shoshin and i are in that PoE scumpool? and you haven’t attacked any townreads on shoshin? you did on me early on.
_at least_ one of you will be pushing me for nefarious reasons given momentum is on me and it’s a mislynch - but obviously no one can trust that statement except me.

The main point of the post is to make it clear to the town people who are smart enough to review the thread should I get flipped - that if one of you 3 are a common denominator on any town flip wagons or counter wagons etc then we will find the scum quick enough I would hope.

My gut feeling is the scum partner is in the shadows right now because we are not putting much pressure on scum
The main pushes seem to be me and NSG and I’m fairly confident in my NSG read now

I think the scum have 2 Directions of travel here - if the scum in {lynchpool} keep pushing town over the next game-day(s), you’ll get caught , so scum partner could just bus for cred if they think they can get to end game - quite ballsy, but to be fair one of my scum victories on my wiki was Koki carrying the game for miiiiiles so I’m not ruling it out.

Ooooor - should we move a wagon in the right place and pressure scum, I think the 2nd scum player might take over trying to influencing the game away from a scum lynch. The reason for that is so scum2 takes the spotlight away from whoever it is in {lynchpool} so they don’t get caught too quickly

So yeah I think we have a scum in the pool and a relatively low content scum
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:29 am

Post by Shoshin »

Profii, why is NSG town?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”