projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:39 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2374, Brian Skies wrote: Really? Because his posts read as him whining that people are scumreading him. Not to mention he even at one point said he should be read as obvtown, and I don't think there's anything in his iso that should indicate this.
the vast majority of my posts are articulating my thought process, my reads, or questioning other people in the game. ive rightfully pointed out a couple of times that people are voting me because they're lazy and it's the easiest move for them, and the best way you can think to summarize my play is that im whining?

do better.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2373, projectmatt wrote:we're clearly not reading his tone the same way at all. i don't think #307 was committal. it left open the possibility that he could switch to spiffeh/mylo/maria at any time. he's also not trying to directly engage nosferatu, moreso just saying "this was scummy and here's why". that contrasts his post in minuet, in which he directly called out kaede in a harsh way.
Really? Because all his posts and actions speak otherwise.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2375, projectmatt wrote:
In post 2374, Brian Skies wrote: Really? Because his posts read as him whining that people are scumreading him. Not to mention he even at one point said he should be read as obvtown, and I don't think there's anything in his iso that should indicate this.
the vast majority of my posts are articulating my thought process, my reads, or questioning other people in the game. ive rightfully pointed out a couple of times that people are voting me because they're lazy and it's the easiest move for them, and the best way you can think to summarize my play is that im whining?

do better.
You are whining.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:42 am

Post by projectmatt »

it's a lazy discredit to call my posts whining. by framing my posts that way, you're making people more likely to disregard what im saying. you're also ignoring the valid points im making and disregarding them as "whining" so that you don't have to rub 2 brain cells together and critically think about them.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1978, projectmatt wrote:being straight up, this type of situation tends to give me whiplash because i get legitimately kind of pissed off when people vote me as town. it seems so obvious from my perspective that im not scum and that this is a lazy wagon, but it means that i need to fight the misled town into not voting me, which makes me feel like i can't lay back and just develop my own reads, which is essential for my play.

im trying to do a catch-up post with reads and thoughts but every time i do i end up getting overwhelmed by the amount of effort required and say "fuck it, ill do it tomorrow."
In post 1980, projectmatt wrote:like, purr just posted a case on me that i truthfully think is absolute garbage. it doesn't make sense. it's full of false assumptions. I could use my energy to analyze it line by line and counter every point, but what does that accomplish? nobody's really going to read it in-depth and I feel like I'm just wasting time until I inevitably get voted.

It's legitimately frustrating.
In post 2338, projectmatt wrote:honestly i still think im just killing time until i get mislynched because y'all are too afraid to lynch within people that you already know and i also dont think a lot of you are genuinely interested in reading me

i am salty, though
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2376, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2373, projectmatt wrote:we're clearly not reading his tone the same way at all. i don't think #307 was committal. it left open the possibility that he could switch to spiffeh/mylo/maria at any time. he's also not trying to directly engage nosferatu, moreso just saying "this was scummy and here's why". that contrasts his post in minuet, in which he directly called out kaede in a harsh way.
To elaborate on this, and all of you are free to iso Moment if you're really that interested, but Moment does actually engage and pressure his scumreads, as well as
actually
voting them. Sure, he doesn't really engage Nos or Mylo that much, but he
still
asks people their opinions on them and engages other people on their opinions of said slots.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:48 am

Post by projectmatt »

congratulations on quoting 3 out of my 60 posts in order to prove a useless point

being honest about where my head is at with my wagon isn't the same thing as whining. it's also not nearly the only content ive posted. this debate is dumb.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I don't actually really care about establishing that as a valid point against you. Just that you've been whining today and that your Moment push is bad and/or misguided.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:50 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2380, Brian Skies wrote:
To elaborate on this, and all of you are free to iso Moment if you're really that interested, but Moment does actually engage and pressure his scumreads, as well as
actually
voting them. Sure, he doesn't really engage Nos or Mylo that much, but he
still
asks people their opinions on them and engages other people on their opinions of said slots.
i think a cursory glance of his iso shows that he has a tendency this game to jump on already established bandwagons and to remain somewhat wishy-washy about his own reads.

im not saying he's never engaged or pressured people, but my point is that there's an immediate difference in his tone and in his approach to this game simply by comparing his first post here with his first post in minuet.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:51 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2382, Brian Skies wrote:I don't actually really care about establishing that as a valid point against you. Just that you've been whining today and that your Moment push is bad and/or misguided.
whatever dude
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:52 am

Post by Moment »

In post 2320, Sakura Hana wrote:This game is just become a meme at this rate.

I mean fun and everything is fine, but all the memeing is making it hard for me to sort the stances from the noise.

"I'm scum" "No i'm scum"

All these is making my job harder.
Sorry but if this is how it's gonna be i rather not play.
In post 2321, Sakura Hana wrote:The fact that everyone just seems to go along with these memes is making me think im the one in the wrong for even daring to go "No fun allowed" so...
Wow, you have no idea how much I can relate, especially with the second quote.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:52 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2383, projectmatt wrote:i think a cursory glance of his iso shows that he has a tendency this game to jump on already established bandwagons and to remain somewhat wishy-washy about his own reads.

im not saying he's never engaged or pressured people, but my point is that there's an immediate difference in his tone and in his approach to this game simply by comparing his first post here with his first post in minuet.
What reads has he been wishy washy on? How do these reads of his indicate scum for you?

Why are you treating his first post between two games as some sort of smoking gun?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Ankamius »

/out
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:54 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I think Matt is very likely wrong but his push reads sincere to me.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Purrcocet »

In post 2374, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2370, Purrcocet wrote:
i don't think matt is trying to pander to us so he can live

i think he believes some of the things he says that i think are crazy
i believe his actions re:nancy slot more than I do muffins
i also can see him scumreading moment cause i totally misread them last game
Really? Because his posts read as him whining that people are scumreading him. Not to mention he even at one point said he should be read as obvtown, and I don't think there's anything in his iso that should indicate this.
doesn't seem very survivalistic or trying to appease the people trying to kill him
In post 2374, Brian Skies wrote: What crazy things do you think he seriously believes and why?
Moment read, nancy read
He's pushing Nancy like

it seems like he actually tried to sort her in their interactions,
He sounds more like someone who can't see she's obvtown

UNVOTE:
In post 2374, Brian Skies wrote:
Why do you believe his actions regarding Nancy more than Muffins? Serious question since I may have missed these (or just ignored them), and I don't know why you don't think Muffin could have these interactions regarding Muffin.
I think muffin is just a grade a purrfessional bullshitter and it's amazing
Ankamius wrote:
/out
:( :( :( bye
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:58 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2386, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2383, projectmatt wrote:i think a cursory glance of his iso shows that he has a tendency this game to jump on already established bandwagons and to remain somewhat wishy-washy about his own reads.

What reads has he been wishy washy on? How do these reads of his indicate scum for you?

Why are you treating his first post between two games as some sort of smoking gun?
he's mainly remained committed to three primary scumreads (that he barely challenged/engaged with) while also hinting that me, spiffeh, (and probably someone else i forget) could also be scum. i felt like his jump on my wagon was insincere and came out of nowhere, and i think he's been content to sit back today and let the town implode. it feels like he's giving himself a lot of wriggle room by barely pushing on the reads he does have.

im not treating it as a smoking gun. nancy told me to iso moment in minuet and see if i still felt the same way. i explained how the first post of each game is a good example of how moment's play feels off this game. youre making it a big deal by nitpicking the reasoning.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:00 am

Post by projectmatt »

purr, i think that nancy is town and ive stated it a bunch of times this game, FTR.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:02 am

Post by Moment »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: MariaR
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:03 am

Post by Purrcocet »

In post 2374, Brian Skies wrote: Why do you believe his actions regarding Nancy more than Muffins? Serious question since I may have missed these (or just ignored them), and I don't know why you don't think Muffin could have these interactions regarding Muffin.

When muffin interacts with nancy he's just like "let me ask you all these questions then tell you why you're scummy for it after you answer" lol
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:03 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

ISNT THAT HOW SCUMHUNTING WORKS?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2337, projectmatt wrote:
In post 2334, Spiffeh wrote:What changed your mind?
i came to the realization that a lot of the reasons i scumread sakura seem to boil down to playstyle/site meta that im not familiar with, as opposed to legitimate scumtells. her play improved considerably after my original catch-up post. their tone reads a lot more sincere and i think they're approaching the game in a way that scum almost definitely wouldn't. stuff like this:
In post 2094, Sakura Hana wrote:Actually I have a gut feeling that purrcocet is scum, but i dont care enough right now.

or
In post 1104, Sakura Hana wrote:
Tbh, i do think muffin's scum, but i feel kinda nervous/anxious about lynching him coz i'd feel bad if he's actually town here and im wrong.
doesn't look scum-motivated to me at all. it is fence-sitting like i pointed out previously, but the difference is that sakura is being brutally honest about their indifference/apathy toward getting their reads lynched, and that makes a lot more sense coming from a town perspective than a scum one.
It was this post that convinced me more than anything else. It’s certainly a helluva a lot more believable than Muffin’s “explanations.”

This reads like a town progression to me.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2394, zMuffinMan wrote:ISNT THAT HOW SCUMHUNTING WORKS?
No, you just make soft sideline comments about how someone is scummy but never vote them and take credit when they flip red anyway.
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Purrcocet »

In post 2392, Moment wrote:UNVOTE:
it was at this moment that i died inside.
zMuffinMan wrote:ISNT THAT HOW SCUMHUNTING WORKS?
ur the goat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:08 am

Post by Moment »

In post 2397, Purrcocet wrote:
In post 2392, Moment wrote:UNVOTE:
it was at this moment that i died inside.
Sorry to do that to you. I think I've got a lot to say but I'm not really looking forward to writing it all. I guess the summary of it would be that I think matt's recent content has been town enough for me to want to look elsewhere, and having reflected on my own reading for townreading MariaR I think I was overthinking things.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:08 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

ISAAC

WHO WOULD YOU THINK IS SCUM IF MATT WAS TOWN?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”