In post 4471, Oath wrote:Scum
MathBlade

Creature
Titus

Nos

Possibly one of Brian/You (ankamius)
why are these two in the same list

you think math vs rc was scum theatre

Anyone who thinks I condoned what RC did is just what?
You can have a scumbuddy you disagree with in PT and in game and they go off the rails. It happens.
I could if I was scum but I never would allow it.
Like you’re seriously suggesting that I said “hey RC fake two guilties” is silly. Mind numbingly silly

Sort of like your Creature is scum with me suggestion it’s just so horrible and scummy
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4526 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

You’re trying to tie people to me versus actually reading me.

It needs to stop if you’re town.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4527 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Oath »

In post 4525, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4524, Oath wrote:
In post 4522, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4518, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 4471, Oath wrote:Scum
MathBlade

Creature
Titus

Nos

Possibly one of Brian/You (ankamius)
why are these two in the same list

you think math vs rc was scum theatre

Anyone who thinks I condoned what RC did is just what?
You can have a scumbuddy you disagree with in PT and in game and they go off the rails. It happens.
I could if I was scum but I never would allow it.
Like you’re seriously suggesting that I said “hey RC fake two guilties” is silly. Mind numbingly silly

Sort of like your Creature is scum with me suggestion it’s just so horrible and scummy
I'm not suggesting that you said anything. You keep misrepping me. I said it's possible you're scum buddies. How RC went off the rails isn't really my concern.

I don't care if you told them to (unlikely) or they just did it because they felt like it was something worth doing. I've played with reckless scum before. It happens. THAT is what I'm saying.

Stop trying to infer things I haven't said. It's one of the reasons I keep coming back to you as scum. You're so desperate to pin things on people that they haven't actually done or said WHILE asserting yourself as town with the same type of weak reasoning.
In post 4526, MathBlade wrote:You’re trying to tie people to me versus actually reading me.

It needs to stop if you’re town.
Except I scum read you FIRST. It's not because of other people. Stop misrepping me, if you're town.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4528 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Ankamius »

Okay here's an Oath town case

1. No sane scum wants to derail a gamestate that has multiple town competing for the chopping block, which is exactly what Oath would've had to do for the claim to be scum.
2. Scum don't, on top of that, try to derail multiple town wagons onto a scum, themselves
3. After failing to get themselves lynched, scum don't completely stop trying to get themselves lynched while also claiming an action that is going to get heavily scrutinized
4. Upon that action failing, scum would claim a target that is protown for them to target instead of claiming the most suspicious slot to target.

This is such a dumb scum play on so many levels. Now what happens if you look at it from a protown perspective?

1. Town 3p replaced in and saw that their role was going to cause confusion to the town while it was alive, so they tried to get it lynched in order to keep the role from becoming a distraction and potentially confscummed falsely later.
2. Town are less afraid to claim commonly thought of as dumb targets because they are less concerned with looking town than scum are.
3. There are actually strong protown reasons to suggest that the drain on hebichan isn't a bad idea (it saves the action usage if the slot dies for one)

Which makes more sense
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4529 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 4492, HeWhoSwims wrote:Why are we lynching Brian when there's muffin and Titus and OATH WHO ISNT TOWN AND TRIED TO DRAIN HEBI

For real

Thoughts on having a rolestopper claim because if there isn't one I want Oath even deader
Like this case is nonsense

The action failed

why claim the action on hebi if it failed
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4530 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4529, Ankamius wrote:
In post 4492, HeWhoSwims wrote:Why are we lynching Brian when there's muffin and Titus and OATH WHO ISNT TOWN AND TRIED TO DRAIN HEBI

For real

Thoughts on having a rolestopper claim because if there isn't one I want Oath even deader
Like this case is nonsense

The action failed

why claim the action on hebi if it failed
To try to find the PR that did it and gauge reactions and for the exact question you’re asking
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4531 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

If it failed, it was 99% a scum action that caused it
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4532 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:51 am

Post by Ankamius »

(plus its almost always better to not get into that situation in the first place rather than rely on arguments like that)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4533 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4532, Ankamius wrote:(plus its almost always better to not get into that situation in the first place rather than rely on arguments like that)
???
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4534 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:20 am

Post by Ankamius »

Not doing a scummy thing is generally better than going for 'too scummy to be scum'

And the role fishing thing is nonsense
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4535 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by mastina »

Alright, will see if I can do mod stuff shortly.
Flavor?Flavor will be placed here if mastina has the capacity to give it. No promises!

Votecount 3-10 (76) Simple
Lady Angel - 3 (Ankamius, MathBlade, Nosferatu)

Titus - 3 (Vecna, zMuffinMan, hebichan)

zMuffinMan - 2 (Gamma Emerald, Titus)
Creature - 1 (Lady Angel)
Oath - 1 (HeWhoSwims)
MathBlade - 1 (Oath)

Not Voting - 2 (Toranaga, Creature)

Mod Notes
  • mastina, the moderator, is V/LA over weekends.
  • Brian Skies has requested replacement. Lady Angel replaces Brian Skies.
  • mastina will generate a more advanced votecount if she has the capacity to give it. No promises!
Last edited by mastina on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4536 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by Toranaga »

hey there, I didn't really read anything

sucks to suck
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4537 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by Ankamius »

here you go tora
In post 4528, Ankamius wrote:Okay here's an Oath town case

1. No sane scum wants to derail a gamestate that has multiple town competing for the chopping block, which is exactly what Oath would've had to do for the claim to be scum.
2. Scum don't, on top of that, try to derail multiple town wagons onto a scum, themselves
3. After failing to get themselves lynched, scum don't completely stop trying to get themselves lynched while also claiming an action that is going to get heavily scrutinized
4. Upon that action failing, scum would claim a target that is protown for them to target instead of claiming the most suspicious slot to target.

This is such a dumb scum play on so many levels. Now what happens if you look at it from a protown perspective?

1. Town 3p replaced in and saw that their role was going to cause confusion to the town while it was alive, so they tried to get it lynched in order to keep the role from becoming a distraction and potentially confscummed falsely later.
2. Town are less afraid to claim commonly thought of as dumb targets because they are less concerned with looking town than scum are.
3. There are actually strong protown reasons to suggest that the drain on hebichan isn't a bad idea (it saves the action usage if the slot dies for one)

Which makes more sense
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4538 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by Vecna »

Im gonna sit here and note how there has been pretty much no interaction vs the Titus & Creature slot and the Titus & nosferatu slot

I might be wrong in this though since its just based on my memory
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4539 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 4473, Toranaga wrote:
In post 4468, Ankamius wrote:Tor hi

This gamestate is a train wreck
why are you voting brian and what's your lynchpool?
In post 4477, Toranaga wrote:
In post 4475, zMuffinMan wrote:someone tell me how town-titus can go from "let's lynch muffin and oath because mathblade's buddies don't wanna lynch him" (when both oath and i were the only ones voting mathblade) to "hey mathblade (who i apparently forgot i think is scum), wanna lynch some other guy?"
hey muffin

what do you think of RC's posting d1? I've been reading it around the time luna stopped posting and a lot of it feels genuine town!RC thoughts. there's a couple of alarming moments, especially when he votes theta on a horrible associative read with luna that doesn't work, but I'm not sure he'd do that as scum or talk about the benefits of mislynching theta/luna the way he did.

how good are you at reading titus? I know I probably can't really do that on MS but she has a very reliable meta for those who do.
In post 4536, Toranaga wrote:hey there, I didn't really read anything

sucks to suck
Also these succession of posts is extremely weird, and potentially very scummy for the selection of people the slot does talk about
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4540 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by Oath »

Yeah... it is weird, almost like trying too hard to seem like they're not trying hard to not be scummy
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4541 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by Oath »

But we gotta lynch MathBlade so don't stress
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4542 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:35 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I tried to read what lead to the d1 lynch and then talked to people who were expressing a titus scumread cause I felt RC was pretty much town!RC all the way

the vampire was around talking about his claim so I ISO'd him to catch what his claim was and talked about that

what's weird about any of it?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4543 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:35 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 4540, Oath wrote:Yeah... it is weird, almost like trying too hard to seem like they're not trying hard to not be scummy
say what now? lol
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4544 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Post by Toranaga »

why are we lynching mathblade?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4545 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Post by Ankamius »

idfk

why do we do anything this game
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4546 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:48 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 4542, Toranaga wrote:I tried to read what lead to the d1 lynch and then talked to people who were expressing a titus scumread cause I felt RC was pretty much town!RC all the way

the vampire was around talking about his claim so I ISO'd him to catch what his claim was and talked about that

what's weird about any of it?
How do you distinguish between a town RC and a scum RC?

Please do tell, im intrigued
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4547 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by Vecna »

Ankamius, switch to happy-ankamius mode. Please? I have a cookie with your name on it if you do
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4548 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:53 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I feel like I'm strapped onto train tracks and I see a train in the distance coming to run me over

Except it is a mile away and it's moving at like one foot an hour
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4549 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Post by Vecna »

Also, what are your thoughts on the type of roles that couldve resulted in Oath getting a failed result?

Option A: Scum roleblocker, targetted Oath. Likelyhood? Low, because we already have a 3rd party roleblocker/rolestealer and a dead town Jailkeeper. Also, if one does exist, why the fuck target Oath?

Option B: Hebichan is some scum role that is immune to skills that target her, such as a commuter or some other passive ability that stops everything. Likelyhood? Idfk

Option C: Some weird town role that protects the target, stopping all actions from targeting it. Likelyhood? also seems pretty weird to have in a setup with a jailkeeper, but possible, I guess, if we do believe Oath

Option D: Something im overlooking?

Option E: Oath is lying scum

These are pretty much the possibilities I can come up with

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”