OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by ofrhz »

I’m ok with you just claiming. I’m getting bored
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by ofrhz »

PAGETOP
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

neighborizer

it's really fun to steal duckling's pagetops :)
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by ofrhz »

QUACK AMIRITE
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:11 pm

Post by the worst »

urge to modkill everyone...... rising...........
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1397, ofrhz wrote:^ that would mean that Vulcan and skitter can both be town
Why? I mean yeah they could be (obviously one is at least), but what does Invis picking JK (not a bad guess) impact on them at all?

The know quantity is that scum wouldn't pick the same power as each other, it's unverifiable for us so they can't even create wifom with it.

Invis being Vanilla means he picked something someone else before him did, that's JK/Neighbour/Venge or their associated doubles. If Vulcan is scum then we know Invis and Vulcan didn't pick the same power, leaving Invis still as one of those three. If Vulcan is town, he's telling the truth about being VT, leaving Invis still as one of those three.

Invis 100% picked on of the three, or didn't put in an option, or one of those three is lying scum (2 are dead so unlikely).

That means our scums picked:
JK/Neighbour/Venge and,
PGO

Our third scum did not pick PGO and did not pick the one of the three that Invis did. Either they picked one of the three that Invis didn't pick or they picked up a power like RB that they're now pretending they don't have. Given the relative powers of the powers, I find it unlikely that they were desperate to take PGO over something like Roleblocker or even cop/redirector to deny town. That tells me that mechanically the most likely scenario is that they ended up as a group of three in the list, because at that point it doesn't matter what powers they choose within that block, they can't block themselves from powers accidentally.

Invis and AP were 5 and 6, so 4 and 7 should be our highest targets, that's Vulcan and Skitter.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1379, skitter30 wrote:why do you think he busses there? he was in a pool of people where we know that there was a scum pgo/vig and like, we wouldn't have stopped looking at that pool until the pgo/vig flipped - all that bussing does is buy him a couple of days but he'd still be fucked mechanically because we'd still be looking for him once his partner flipped not-pgo

i don't really know what he gains out of bussing there besides buying a few days. and like his vote on vulcan felt more like a 'here's a hip new counterwagon that i'm going to join to try to save myself' kinda vote than a bussing vote
Because if he doesn't it ties him to Vulcan irreversibly. I don't think AP was really planning to survive tbh.
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1388, Sando wrote:
In post 1386, Skygazer wrote:If someone attempted to nab doctor though and didn't... We can lynch from VTs down
Yeah that's true, just don't see the need to wait until that happens to start the claims, if it happens, great, if not, we can still get on with it.

I'm off to gym, I'll post my pick in a few hours.
In post 1389, Sando wrote:I tried to pick Vengeful.
Uhhh. Why did you wait to claim here wtf???? It literally takes seconds to claim your pick. It must have taken longer to write the bottom line than to actually claim.

And why did you choose Vengeful????
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1407, Ausuka wrote:Uhhh. Why did you wait to claim here wtf???? It literally takes seconds to claim your pick. It must have taken longer to write the bottom line than to actually claim.

In case someone wanted to pre-empt me with a better plan or point out any flaws I hadn't seen.

I was low, I suck at using PRs, figured the top townies would pick town powers, not...what they did pick.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by Ausuka »

But why vengeful over n3 vig??? Can you link me to a town game where you got lynched?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1409, Ausuka wrote:But why vengeful over n3 vig??? Can you link me to a town game where you got lynched?
I suck at PR, you want me to take a killing role?!

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=76232

Skitter literally lynched me in a TvT in this one.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1410, Sando wrote:
In post 1409, Ausuka wrote:But why vengeful over n3 vig??? Can you link me to a town game where you got lynched?
I suck at PR, you want me to take a killing role?!

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=76232

Skitter literally lynched me in a TvT in this one.
It's vig... Can't you just kill the player seen as the most scummy by everyone and move on with your day?

And like is that the only example? When I've played with you before you seemed difficult to mislynch and it seems like Vengeful isn't a role you're so likely to choose as town. Although I think Invis went for vengeful so maybe I'm overthinking this? idk
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1411, Ausuka wrote:It's vig... Can't you just kill the player seen as the most scummy by everyone and move on with your day?

And like is that the only example? When I've played with you before you seemed difficult to mislynch and it seems like Vengeful isn't a role you're so likely to choose as town. Although I think Invis went for vengeful so maybe I'm overthinking this? idk
It's far easier to see into motivation on getting mislynched than to correctly read scum at an exact point in time. Not to mention, it's powerful end-game to control lylo/mylo, and it's VERY useful to know if someone has taken it.

Yep, only example since my extra long hiatus. I regularly get pushed to the brink, and Skitter had literally just mislynched me, and Oka has shown that he can't really read me and will happily follow any train on me that exists (my last scumgame), I'm not really one to trust town not to lynch me.
Music
Music
Townie
Music
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:26 pm

Post by Music »

Bujaber went for Night 3 Vigilante.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:34 pm

Post by Enigma »

I think trying to scum hunt through draft and setup is gunna be difficult. I mean scum can easily claim VT and choose a safe failed pick. Can we just find the last scum through their scummy play/intentions instead?

I still feel CJ as potential last scum due to interactions on the vulcan cw yesterday - and feel there is likely to be scum on my wagon D1, with CJ being the logical choice from PoE.
In post 1170, Sando wrote:
In post 1169, OkaPoka wrote:cj is town
100%
Can someone help me understand this part?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Skygazer »

VOTE: Vulcan
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 1390, Cardi B wrote:
In post 1382, Enigma wrote:
In post 1352, Cardi B wrote:If I'm lyin and I'm secretly a cop or sommn I have an inno on Vulcan.
And wtf is this?
Im sayin if im lyin about bein VT, an Im actually a cop or a universal backup or summn, I know that vulcans town.
Cardi, if you are the JK through universal backup, pls confirm (it is not such a bad idea trust me pls).
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 1395, Sando wrote:
ruru - Jailkeeper (so no tracker)
Sky - Neighbourizer (so no fruit vendor)
Oka - Vengeful (so no N3 vig)
Vulcan - VT (attempted ???)
Invis - VT (attempted ???)
AP - PGO (so no 1-shot vig)
skitter - VT (attempted Neighbour)
Ausuka - VT (attempted 1-shot vig)
Cardi - VT
Enigma - cop/1-shot watcher?
music - VT (attempted N3 vig)
Sando - VT (attempted vengeful)
CJ - VT (attempted vengeful)
ofrhz - VT (attempted 1-shot vig)
Updated
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1406, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1379, skitter30 wrote:why do you think he busses there? he was in a pool of people where we know that there was a scum pgo/vig and like, we wouldn't have stopped looking at that pool until the pgo/vig flipped - all that bussing does is buy him a couple of days but he'd still be fucked mechanically because we'd still be looking for him once his partner flipped not-pgo

i don't really know what he gains out of bussing there besides buying a few days. and like his vote on vulcan felt more like a 'here's a hip new counterwagon that i'm going to join to try to save myself' kinda vote than a bussing vote
Because if he doesn't it ties him to Vulcan irreversibly. I don't think AP was really planning to survive tbh.
idk, ap bussing his non-pgo partner while he himself is the scum!pgo in a pool of people that is known to contain the scum!pgo that we were basically going to just lynch through seems like an incredibly stupid game-plan to me

also i'm kinda perplexed by what cardi's doing - if she actually has an inno there i don't want to lynch him but i can't really tell if that's a thing or not

==
In post 1407, Ausuka wrote:Uhhh. Why did you wait to claim here wtf???? It literally takes seconds to claim your pick. It must have taken longer to write the bottom line than to actually claim.

i think he was just waiting to see if someone else had a better plan for which order we should claim in

imo vengeful is a pretty anti-town role and i don't really think it's the optimal role for town to pick ... but we have proof that town might pick vengeful in the flipped town vengeful so i don't think that someone picking vengeful should be inherently viewed as scummy

i literally just mislynched sando (oops) - i wouldn't call town!sando an easy mislynch; it basically took me being tunneled and having a 1v1 walling thing for like a week coupled with bad town not reading the game and misrepping him coupled with nm lolhammering to mislynch him

i don't know how hard he is to lynch as scum

i think that kinda makes sense for him to pick as town tbh, given that he has experience with people in this pl mislynching him or being willing to sheep cases on him - if he does get mislynched he can turn that into a positive and kill people who behaved sketchily around the wagon

==

@sando: you wanna talk about ur cj read a bit?

==

(
@ducklling:
can you please update the OP so that the 'dead people' section lists all the dead people? thanks :) )
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Cardi B »

In post 1396, ofrhz wrote:Hmm... I kinda think it’s very possible that vizzy picked jk? It’s a really strong role for scum
That seem likely to me, yea. In fac it feel unlikely to me that anyone picks n3/venge when they partner pick vig/pgo in a lower slot since the vig/pgo usually harder to get. Which to me mean vulcan probly town since he n invisibility would have picked at least one n3/venge between them.
In post 1404, the worst wrote:urge to modkill everyone...... rising...........
Woul that be a town win or scum win.......
In post 1416, Enigma wrote:
In post 1390, Cardi B wrote:
In post 1382, Enigma wrote:
In post 1352, Cardi B wrote:If I'm lyin and I'm secretly a cop or sommn I have an inno on Vulcan.
And wtf is this?
Im sayin if im lyin about bein VT, an Im actually a cop or a universal backup or summn, I know that vulcans town.
Cardi, if you are the JK through universal backup, pls confirm (it is not such a bad idea trust me pls).
Im not UB, no tricks.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:20 am

Post by Cardi B »

Brass picked n3 vig if Im not cop. If Im cop he took cop.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 1420, Cardi B wrote:Brass picked n3 vig if Im not cop. If Im cop he took cop.
If you are cop can you give your second hypo-inno?
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Cardi B »

Claimed it yday. Oka.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 1085, Cardi B wrote:
Ya Girl's Toughts From Befo D2

• Invizzibility votes listed from most probly not partner to least probly: skitterskitter, engingma, AP, ofhrz, okapoka, C J Vinny. For bookeepin reasons Id put ruru at the front a that. CJVinnys the only one there I wouldnt say I thinka them more town after vizzy flip. Okapoka sticks out 2 me as the only one that seemed to be wafflin around the wagon a bit, a lotta other people on wagon were like "I think invis scummy les wagon yaak yaak yaak" whereas oka had some different minds about it around that time. I still thinks his vote comes from town a lil bit more offen, basiclly means "lets all go head and lynch vizzy now" and it still wasnt a given at that point. CJs vote jus seems like a hop on to me especially seeins as I cant imagine him doin anything to fight the wagon. He seem like someone easy 2 meta read tho and I think people were talking abou that 2day but I forget.
  • Brassheral had that shmoneymoneymoney vote that I took off when I walk in eoowww.
  • soundz like AP is town to me.
  • feelz like his full townreads woul all be town. Ausukas the only one Id be worried about but wit the neighborizer stuff 2day I seen thats less of concerned.
In post 1210, Cardi B wrote:VOTE: vulcan dude is my preffence right now.
During D2 you vote vulcan, and you also put Oka on your scum read list ... come on
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Enigma »

woof

Return to “Completed Open Games”