Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7375 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7369, Sakura Hana wrote:Well we can negate power negation now.
I asked the mod Super Strength bypasses Power Negation.
Well we can negate Power Negation if FA is town. As she most likely is I think we can but cannot 100% remove it.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7376 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7375, MathBlade wrote:
In post 7369, Sakura Hana wrote:Well we can negate power negation now.
I asked the mod Super Strength bypasses Power Negation.
Well we can negate Power Negation if FA is town. As she most likely is I think we can but cannot 100% remove it.
And Nancy too assuming she didn’t take it
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7377 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:45 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 7246, Toranaga wrote:I'm fairly certain I can't read mathblade and I hope I didn't accidentally posted anything that looks like I'm townreading them. you guys are so I'm rolling with it.
To be fair, aside from titus assocations and the amount of content he has produced as a replace in i cannot fairly say there is that aha moment that makes me think "mathblade" is definitely town, and yet he's forced his way into my townblock based off the ank read and his play in reaction to when i sr him plus wagon resistance to titus, so if he were scum this game i'll probably be upset postgame for not sticking with my initial gut -- which would be all the props to him.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7378 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7374, Sakura Hana wrote:Btw, since im trying to finish LM2, I may dissapear for half of this day phase more or less, considering the rate at which new pages are added, i woke up and had a bunch of stuff to read that i didnt finish and went off to play LM2, instead, and just now finished catching up.
I have a work project picking up steam so I might end up with radically less time to post as a heads up.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7379 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:46 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

So my thinking is, scum should definitely have a way to bypass the impenetrable skin ability.
At this point, if everyone who is town and alive and has impenetrable skin (at least 4) gets super strength, scum cannot win, coz they cant kill them aside well... from lynching them.
Super Strength may strongman a factional kill tho.

P-Edit: What i mean is that if you use super strength at the same time as a superpower not even power negate on you (or your target) can prevent you from succesfully activating the ability.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7380 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:47 am

Post by stungun0404 »

I find toranaga to be likelier to be town on the focus of his content than mathblade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #7381 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 7353, The Dream Weaver wrote:*Super Strength: Any actions you take this Night Phase cannot be blocked or manipulated.
This is actually saying "any actions" so its a strongman for scum itself if a scum gets this they won't need power negation in first place

@Math we can't be sure titus gave power to town so the misterious scum who was in place of ank the night they killed ank could do it too
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #7382 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

No one else read that post trog just posted or what?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7383 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7379, Sakura Hana wrote:So my thinking is, scum should definitely have a way to bypass the impenetrable skin ability.
At this point, if everyone who is town and alive and has impenetrable skin (at least 4) gets super strength, scum cannot win, coz they cant kill them aside well... from lynching them.
Super Strength may strongman a factional kill tho.

P-Edit: What i mean is that if you use super strength at the same time as a superpower not even power negate on you (or your target) can prevent you from succesfully activating the ability.
Oh god this could end up Comic-Con esque what happens when a super strength power negate or super strength strongman meets a super strength BP?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7384 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

Immovable force meets an immovable object which one wins.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7385 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

The Blade that can cut through any shield.
The Shield that can withstand any weapon.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #7386 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:51 am

Post by hebichan »

Holy crap there's been like 10 pages since I went to sleep. Calm down people. This game is way too active for day 4.

I am totally lost on reads again because most of the last several pages seems to be mostly mechanics talk.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7387 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:52 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 7381, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 7353, The Dream Weaver wrote:*Super Strength: Any actions you take this Night Phase cannot be blocked or manipulated.
This is actually saying "any actions" so its a strongman for scum itself if a scum gets this they won't need power negation in first place

@Math we can't be sure titus gave power to town so the misterious scum who was in place of ank the night they killed ank could do it too
Super strength, if there is scum pr, could be super powerful.

But let us focus on hunting scum first and foremost please, and not getting distracted by the prs that exist
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7388 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7385, Sakura Hana wrote:The Blade that can cut through any shield.
The Shield that can withstand any weapon.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit ... =undefined
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #7389 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 7387, stungun0404 wrote:

Super strength, if there is scum pr, could be super powerful.

But let us focus on hunting scum first and foremost please, and not getting distracted by the prs that exist
yeah

VOTE: Trog

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7390 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

But nah explanation is simple
Power Negate is not actually negated just ignored/bypassed, so it still fires and cannot be modified in any way because it's super strengthened.
But the Super Strength BP ignores it and fires off anyway as well.

Power negate isnt blocked, actions targeting YOUR target will still fail, but your target's action will not coz they super strengthened.

As for the strongman nightkill with Super Strength, well same theory applies, your BP fires up anyway, but the super strength ignores it, if another source would kill you it still is blocked even tho you die from the original source anyway.

That's my assumption of how it would work.

Super Strength prevents ur action from being modified or blocked, but Super Strength technically doesnt block or modify power negate it just ignores it.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #7391 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 5137, Frozen Angel wrote:Toogeloo and Katsuki are in different levels of slight scum imo first for the way they were derping earlier which just felt fake and excessive there and because of molla and second because of hard active-lurking
In post 6086, Frozen Angel wrote:oh toog slot doing it with titus.

toog claims its because 1-9 and titus relationship could not be bus and he posted stuff. It's a legit thinking process, I just think it could be distancing and that titus is capable of pulling that too. I have some high level concerns for molla-toog slot and his short iso doesn't feeel right cause its mostly empty reads and defending titus than solving. I think toog is a kind of player that will hide his evaluations and won't post his thought process regardless of alignment but it just feels naked.

His first readlist is too elaborated to be just from 1-9 iso and the way he chose nos also makes no sense
Since you were one of my eod attentions that crap coming from you is some elaborated bullshit.

stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7392 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:58 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 7263, Toranaga wrote:anyone trusting me enough to go me/fa as leader votes today?
yes i am cool with this

i would like some superpower at some point in this game because staying vanilla when you are trying your hardest as town is kind of frustrating when there is so many powers available

Ugh. Like i can prove that i would never put the kind of effort i have put into this game into a scum game. I have nearly 400 posts i think. The most i have ever had in a scum game is 100 something. The most i have had in a town game is over 600. And i have 4 scum games to date
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7393 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7390, Sakura Hana wrote:But nah explanation is simple
Power Negate is not actually negated just ignored/bypassed, so it still fires and cannot be modified in any way because it's super strengthened.
But the Super Strength BP ignores it and fires off anyway as well.

Power negate isnt blocked, actions targeting YOUR target will still fail, but your target's action will not coz they super strengthened.

As for the strongman nightkill with Super Strength, well same theory applies, your BP fires up anyway, but the super strength ignores it, if another source would kill you it still is blocked even tho you die from the original source anyway.

That's my assumption of how it would work.

Super Strength prevents ur action from being modified or blocked, but Super Strength technically doesnt block or modify power negate it just ignores it.
I don’t like assumptions I am asking the mod.

Pretty sure the setup wouldn’t allow for infinite town blocks like this. There has to be something missing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #7394 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

VOTE: Toogeloo

I meant this not toranaga

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7395 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7392, stungun0404 wrote:
In post 7263, Toranaga wrote:anyone trusting me enough to go me/fa as leader votes today?
yes i am cool with this

i would like some superpower at some point in this game because staying vanilla when you are trying your hardest as town is kind of frustrating when there is so many powers available

Ugh. Like i can prove that i would never put the kind of effort i have put into this game into a scum game. I have nearly 400 posts i think. The most i have ever had in a scum game is 100 something. The most i have had in a town game is over 600. And i have 4 scum games to date
Effort != Alignment
GTKAS -- MathBlade
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7396 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:00 am

Post by stungun0404 »

I am lurkier as scum in general, so for me it does.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7397 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:00 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7396, stungun0404 wrote:I am lurkier as scum in general, so for me it does.
Then as scum you’d have to fix it or you’d have to try to fix it or you’d have a trust tell. So I don’t pay attention to self meta.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #7398 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Putting "I want to pointy gun at fa" accusing me of sidelining for not voting when I was leader, saying that I was not taking any stances and then claiming he didn't read the game.

I want an elaborated explanation or I won't ever change my vote

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #7399 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

But would a super strength on the kill target counter the scum kill super strength :shifty:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”