Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

The push to claim came long before there was any actual intent to get hammered. BS.
If I have to bite the D1 lynch because of this crap, fine. But I am not going to have a claim forced out of me. It’s quite honestly stupid.
And the fact that I’m getting lynched while a myriad of people are either on V/LA or just now replacing is setting off major alarm bells in my head. The reason the game is quiet is because no one’s been talking, not because there is nothing to talk about or the game is dead. The game is basically being lurked out, partly because of this crap. And my death is not going to solve that because with me dead, there will be less to go on than when you started.
So if I have to literally die to get the game moving like you claim (which is a ridiculous idea anyways), fine. Lynch me. But let me finish my ISO list first, so that when I flip and you all look like stupid idiots, they can be read and some real shit can get done around here.
Because perhaps town will listen to me when I’m dead rather than alive.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Okay, here’s what I have so far. I’m doing this alphabetically, so I’m hardly done, but I’m starting to get the feeling I need to get stuff out quick, som

Spoiler: A50 to Eragon
A50: Post 45 is wushu washy and fake. Even even admits I sound town and then comes back and says that it’s scum in the same breath. Also gets way hung up on technicalities early where he is most definitely wrong. Looks like a straw man from this angle, though if anyone else has an opinion on this...? 107 also pings me: Anyone who is going to ignore people over a technicality and is going to scumread them anyways definitely deserves a hard look. 122 for some reason makes me think that A50 is getting a partner’s attention. Probably the bolding. Also, why was I scumread early on by A50, but don’t appear anywhere on his scum reads in 159? The same sort of question for 181; early on, he says that Burger and I are the most likely scum team; in 181, he comes back and says that it has been completely ruled out. Where is the progression for this? I honestly cannot find any.

BuJ: I like his posting. 77 especially is strong and reads like a genuine thought process as an early example, but this trend continues throughout the day. Is obviously analyzing the game from a town stand point. Would locktown this for the day.

Egg: there is not much from Egg actually. He doesn’t actually take a hard stance on anything, which does feel like scum trying to avoid attention. Want to see more from that slot.

Eragon:
Okay
So most of his posts are posturing.
There’s a lot of pointing out what’s scummy and not any looking at what isn’t. It reads a lot like throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. Also not actually giving reads. And this push on me is weaksauce as frick. It’s a lot of posturing followed by a “oh, he’s not claiming like ‘everyone else’ thinks he should! Let’s lynch him!” Also don’t like the fact that it’s not okay to have a lynch at 12 days, but it’s perfectly fine at 8 days. A lot of his logic is convulted or contradictory too, but I’m gonna need a computer to parse that fully, and it looks like that’s not gonna happen, so...

I’ll get to a few more in a min, but I need a break. It’s exhausting writing all of that from a phone.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 226, Inferno390 wrote:so that when I flip and you all look like stupid idiots
THIS is the issue now. You're being stubborn AND condescending. You think everyone else is wrong and your way is the correct way to play. And NO, I don't know how you play. As far as I can remember I only played you as a head of a hydra. It's not like we've been playing lots together.

Frankly, I am starting to lose my motive to
win
the game. Left to my own devices I'd much rather penalize you for the way you play (and especially so for refusing to claim @L-1 with intent stated).

That being said, I don't want to be an ass to everybody else who are not you, so I'll take a deep breath and keep on reading.

P.S. Everybody's lurking because
there is nothing much for anyone to discuss anymore
. If you think otherwise, then please do speak of the subject(s) we've been missing. So NOT ask anyone else to talk about x, y and z. Speak about them yourself. Otherwise, we all agree there's nothing "we" have to say anymore.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 227, Inferno390 wrote:Even even admits I sound town and then comes back and says that it’s scum in the same breath.
That's a misrep at best. I clearly said "
could've
sounded Townie to me, except.. " which is NOT the same as "sounds townie". "Could have" means it's NOT the case.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 227, Inferno390 wrote:Also gets way hung up on technicalities early where he is most definitely wrong.
2 things:

1- If I/we drop the technicalities, what's left there for us to play by on D1?
2- Who says I'm "most definitely wrong"? I hope you're not -again- referring to yourself as the ultimate judge on the matter. My previous post shows clearly that you don't even speak English well enough, my friend. (I take it that English is not your primary language?)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 227, Inferno390 wrote:107 also pings me: Anyone who is going to ignore people over a technicality and is going to scumread them anyways definitely deserves a hard look.
So, I'm sus bc I SR you, and sus bc I tried to overlook the issue and tried to pressure someone else??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 227, Inferno390 wrote:122 for some reason makes me think that A50 is getting a partner’s attention.
You probably mean 112, don't you? 122 was a response to Fromage exclaiming about 112.

I'll try to simplify the logic for you: If you're scum and you claim the PR you're NOT immune to you might get a CC and get lynched. But then your p will only know the PR who he is immune to anyway, so he doesn't gain much from it.

So, you claim the PR that you are immune to and hope they CC so that your sacrifice turns the game into am all VT one.

How's THAT getting my partner's attention? Unless you're implying I'm either scum with YOU or Manatee (whom you refuse to bloody vote still).

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I don’t think everyone else is wrong. Have you seen me say as such or act as such to any other person in the game?
I do think that you’re going to look pretty dumb when I flip town and the only reason you lynched me is I refused to do whatever you told me to.

Honestly, I am very frustrated with the fact that I have been run up to a hammer point twice now this phase despite the fact that I have not actually done anything that I feel is worthy of it. And I’m sorry, refusing to give into my some of my top scumreads over a claim is not a reason to lynch me, despite whatever else you may think.

And the there is plenty to discuss in this game so far. You jus have to dig a little bit and work a little harder. For example, you really think that absolutely no one will have a thing to say about my ISO reads above?
But instead of just acting like no one’s talking, you could actually, you know, do something about it. Look back at the thread so far. Ask questions. Read ISOs. Be the person who generates discussion instead of just waiting on everyone else to do it for you. No one’s stopping you. And the fact that you’re going to just lynch me on a bunch of weaksauce rather than do that is both super lazy and super scummy imo.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 227, Inferno390 wrote:why was I scumread early on by A50, but don’t appear anywhere on his scum reads in 159? The same sort of question for 181; early on, he says that Burger and I are the most likely scum team; in 181, he comes back and says that it has been completely ruled out. Where is the progression for this? I honestly cannot find any.
First; I was
still voting you
by the time I posted 159/ How you think you're "not on my scum reads" at that point is inexplicable to me.

Then 181 clearly has you as a SR, so "the same sort of question for" isn't the term, but maybe "a different sort of question" is.

I ruled out you with Burger because of his attitude towards you. He did put you @L-1, wants you to claim, and is still voting you as far as I know. You don't see the progression? You're simply neither reading the thread nor playing the game!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 233, Inferno390 wrote:I don’t think everyone else is wrong. Have you seen me say as such or act as such to any other person in the game?
I did and I quoted it. You specifically said "you
all
look like stupid idiots"

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

And considering ot takes 5 of the other 8 to lynch you, that's you calling 5 different slots idiots upon your flip.

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by Eragon »

fits perfectly

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 229, Almost50 wrote:
In post 227, Inferno390 wrote:Even even admits I sound town and then comes back and says that it’s scum in the same breath.
That's a misrep at best. I clearly said "
could've
sounded Townie to me, except.. " which is NOT the same as "sounds townie". "Could have" means it's NOT the case.
So , in other words, “This would be Town except for this other reason that makes it scum.”
Not a misrep. It’s called digging out the meaning of the words.
Almost50 wrote:
In post 227, Inferno390 wrote:Also gets way hung up on technicalities early where he is most definitely wrong.
2 things:

1- If I/we drop the technicalities, what's left there for us to play by on D1?
2- Who says I'm "most definitely wrong"? I hope you're not -again- referring to yourself as the ultimate judge on the matter. My previous post shows clearly that you don't even speak English well enough, my friend. (I take it that English is not your primary language?)
English is my primary language, and I probably know more words in it than you do. The fact that you’re going to just straight up assume this when you literally were JUST is a game with me is incredibly insulting. I might replace out for this.
And if ISOs are any indication, most of the thread agrees with your parsing on this is wrong. So back off.
Almost50 wrote:
In post 227, Inferno390 wrote:107 also pings me: Anyone who is going to ignore people over a technicality and is going to scumread them anyways definitely deserves a hard look.
So, I'm sus bc I SR you, and sus bc I tried to overlook the issue and tried to pressure someone else??
No, because you outright said you were ignoring me. Obviously you thought I had nothing good left to say. That is incredibly anti-Town imo.
Almost50 wrote:
In post 227, Inferno390 wrote:122 for some reason makes me think that A50 is getting a partner’s attention.
You probably mean 112, don't you? 122 was a response to Fromage exclaiming about 112.

I'll try to simplify the logic for you: If you're scum and you claim the PR you're NOT immune to you might get a CC and get lynched. But then your p will only know the PR who he is immune to anyway, so he doesn't gain much from it.

So, you claim the PR that you are immune to and hope they CC so that your sacrifice turns the game into am all VT one.

How's THAT getting my partner's attention? Unless you're implying I'm either scum with YOU or Manatee (whom you refuse to bloody vote still).
This is a really awful misrep of my point and anyone who actually cares about my posting will understand that.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 235, Almost50 wrote:
In post 233, Inferno390 wrote:I don’t think everyone else is wrong. Have you seen me say as such or act as such to any other person in the game?
I did and I quoted it. You specifically said "you
all
look like stupid idiots"
In post 236, Almost50 wrote:And considering ot takes 5 of the other 8 to lynch you, that's you calling 5 different slots idiots upon your flip.
FUCK
YOU KNOW WHAT I GODDAMN MEANT A50
DO NOT PLAY GAMES WITH MY PHRASING

Inferno390 GTKAS

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 239, Inferno390 wrote:FUCK
YOU KNOW WHAT I GODDAMN MEANT A50
DO NOT PLAY GAMES WITH MY PHRASING
So, you do concede there is indeed a problem with your phrasing!
Good
. I rest my case.

Now if you would be so kind as to vote Manatee and have Eragon put him @L-1 (so he could follow your example and refuse to claim) I would be much obliged.

Thanks in advance.

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Eragon »

one problem.

manatee and his slot isnt here.
so they can't claim...
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Eragon »

/unvote

tbh.

im scared here.

I have hated the Inferno slot and think its Scummy AF, but the AtE and a couple posts on this page seem towny.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 241, Eragon wrote:one problem.

manatee and his slot isnt here.
so they can't claim...
Which means we lynch them if they're not here in 24 hours, as I know Tor hates to play scum.

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Egg »

Game wrote:Someone sell me on the case of manatee being a safer bet than inferno for lynch
Define safer in this context. We should be lynching who we think is scum. In my opinion, that's manatee. I've already said why. What were you hoping to get out of that?
Fromage wrote:Careful. I didn't say Eragon's fluff outweighs his content. I said I don't like his fluff. I'm not even sure if I scumread him.
Hmm. Ok. Why the vote then?
Eragon wrote:I like the idea behind the post, "It looks like town, who sees bad logic and calls it out, but could be towncred grab."
seems a little bit fencesitty but in a situation like that not much you can do.
Nah, not fencesitty. I town read him. I just accept that I don't get perfect reads in games so there is a world where I'm wrong.

Can't finish at the moment. Sorry
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by GameNBurger »

I’ve mentioned this in a previous game but god I really hate “Lynch me” strategy

I feel like it’s boredeline against town win condition which makes it borderline rule bending if you’re town or bad scum play if you’re scum

While you haven’t committed all the way to a “lunch me” strat and opted for saying it sarcastically at best it’s useless fluff and at worst it’s giving up
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by GameNBurger »

Sorry that last post was sitting in the tray at the end of the last page let me actually read what’s happened
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 242, Eragon wrote:
/unvote

tbh.

im scared here.

I have hated the Inferno slot and think its Scummy AF, but the AtE and a couple posts on this page seem towny.
Interesting reaction.
The AtE is scummier than all his other posts.

I don't see how you could scumread the early stuff but townread this.
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by GameNBurger »

So still phoneposting sorry

@egg welcome back
I was hoping for reasons why we should lynch what was a completely inactive slot who really performed 1 action the whole game
Of course a lot has happened because unless there’s some wild strategy or meta I’m not aware of there is a pitifully small amount of game to lynch

Atleast personally if it’s a certain kind of cut and dry inactivity rather than purposeful lurk I prefer to urge to replace and see how the response goes

I don’t mean to say you should play this way or should feel this way Espescially now that we’re in the future but the way I see it I think Poseidon is more guilty of lurkscum than manatee is

Particularly I’m a bit more interested to hear manatee’s replacement slot

MOD CAN WE KNOW IF/WHEN MANATEES REPLACEMNT CONFIRMS ROLE
I’d really like to know if we’re playing with the slot right now

I’d actually prefer to wait for manatee to have to say stuff on the game and catch up before hammer
Poseidon
Poseidon
Townie
Poseidon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by Poseidon »

In post 215, Eragon wrote: Do you mind reading manatee? I know they replaced out, but it might be good.
Yeah I'll check up.
In post 221, Almost50 wrote:
intent to hammer
in 24 hrs
In post 224, Inferno390 wrote:I honestly don’t understand why everyone’s so worked up over the fact that I’m refusing to claim because my three strongest scumread are literally trying to force it out of me.
Maybe if you’d all back off a fricking second, some reason would come to light.
The entire reason, imo, is this absurdly long day phase. Plus, your refusal to reveal just paints you as sus

Return to “Completed Open Games”