Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8150 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8137, the worst wrote:There's a power of detonation coming up tmrw which can be used during the day and kills both the user and the target. I'm suggesting tomorrow's leader gives it to the townier half of the lynchpool (everyone outside the townblock :P) and they use it on the lower half to nuke the fuck out of the entire lynchpool!

that way BAM we instantly know how many deepwolved have infiltrated the townblock. Worst case scenario I think it comes down to 9v3 or 7v3 or something which is still easily winnable.

pedit: correct
Problem?
So, you’re suggesting tomorrow’s leader pick the least scummier or more likely to be townier half of the lynchpool rather than the townblock? How do you know that this doesn’t contain 1 or more of the scumteam? The correct role of leader is to choose people for superheroes that they, in their best estimation, think are highly likely to be town.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8151 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:19 am

Post by the worst »

Hebi I love you omg

also yeah same I skip like 10 pages at a time every time I wake up and I'm 99% sure I'm missing nothing :lol:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8152 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:20 am

Post by the worst »

In post 8150, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So, you’re suggesting tomorrow’s leader pick the least scummier or more likely to be townier half of the lynchpool rather than the townblock? How do you know that this doesn’t contain 1 or more of the scumteam? The correct role of leader is to choose people for superheroes that they, in their best estimation, think are highly likely to be town.
In a short sighted fashion I agree (I'm the antihero of this game--need an antihero name--I'll think about it).

Tell me in detail what you think the worst case scenario is if the leader goes full derp with reads and picks:
- 1 scum and 2 town
- 2 scum and 1 town
- all 3 scum
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8153 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8138, the worst wrote:agreed Sakura but if even one scumfuck takes petrify instead of detonate, you still have enough lynches to blast them to pieces.
How would you determine who took what? Why can’t said “scumfuck” say take petrify and not use it on that particular night? Have you thought of that?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #8154 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:22 am

Post by hebichan »

FYI creature, I don't think everyone who scumreads me votes me is scum. Just you and the recently deceased Titus.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #8155 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 8139, stungun0404 wrote:@tw, @gamma where are all of your town stances right now?

because for as much as you guys are complaining about my town stances, i have taken 9 as of this day phase and last that apply right now:
locktown: fa
near locktown: sando, sakura hana, mathblade
heavy duty town: toranaga
heavy townlean: drixx, nancydrew39
likely town: nosferatu, theta alpine —> both of these derived from a quick vca lookover.

so if you think i’m not taking enough stances, then help me out here sorting the other players!
Not sure rn and don't care to configure it rn, remind me tomorrow
but I don't really have a problem with the townblock
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8156 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:24 am

Post by the worst »

In post 8153, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 8138, the worst wrote:agreed Sakura but if even one scumfuck takes petrify instead of detonate, you still have enough lynches to blast them to pieces.
How would you determine who took what? Why can’t said “scumfuck” say take petrify and not use it on that particular night? Have you thought of that?
yes
we lynch them
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8157 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:26 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8152, the worst wrote:
In post 8150, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So, you’re suggesting tomorrow’s leader pick the least scummier or more likely to be townier half of the lynchpool rather than the townblock? How do you know that this doesn’t contain 1 or more of the scumteam? The correct role of leader is to choose people for superheroes that they, in their best estimation, think are highly likely to be town.
In a short sighted fashion I agree (I'm the antihero of this game--need an antihero name--I'll think about it).

Tell me in detail what you think the worst case scenario is if the leader goes full derp with reads and picks:
- 1 scum and 2 town
- 2 scum and 1 town
- all 3 scum
Yes, I guess the odds of the leader hitting scum with your plan are way more likely than if they stick to consensus-read obvtown.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8158 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:27 am

Post by the worst »

also @hebi sorry for the grits SEO shout out by name, I kinda get what you did but it was one of the more surprising and funny moments of the game so it's stuck with me :lol:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8159 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:27 am

Post by the worst »

In post 8157, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

- 1 scum and 2 town
- 2 scum and 1 town
- all 3 scum
Yes, I guess the odds of the leader hitting scum with your plan are way more likely than if they stick to consensus-read obvtown.
why do you think this is a problem? :(
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8160 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Ok, im starting to get it.
Plan is if scum gets power they either get suicide bomb and use it (and die) or dont (and get lynched), and if scum didnt get power nor is in the lynchpool we accelerate 3 game days of 6 questionable ppl dying (hopefully 1-3 scum dying amongst them) instead of 1 questionable player and 1 obvtown.

Did i get that right?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8161 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:30 am

Post by stungun0404 »

the one thing that concerns me @tw, about your gameplay is it does not seem like you are focused on scumhunting on your own terms :p

you have sheeped a lot of reads, but you have not taken many groundbreaking stances yourself on players being scum to my memory. so that’s probably what’s giving me a slimy feeling

my gut wants to say gamma emerald is town... i’m not getting that same feeling with tw
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8162 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8160, Sakura Hana wrote:Ok, im starting to get it.
Plan is if scum gets power they either get suicide bomb and use it (and die) or dont (and get lynched), and if scum didnt get power nor is in the lynchpool we accelerate 3 game days of 6 questionable ppl dying (hopefully 1-3 scum dying amongst them) instead of 1 questionable player and 1 obvtown.

Did i get that right?
That’s the idea but instead of giving it to scum who are asking we give it to obvTown still in the lynchpool like Sando and Creature and they hit the scummiest thus minimizing risk of Petrification
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8163 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8156, the worst wrote:
In post 8153, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
yes
we lynch them
So anyone who doesn’t not only chooses detonate but also doesn’t use it/ Anyone not in the town block who doesn’t self-detonate gets lynched?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8164 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:32 am

Post by the worst »

yeah nailed it. :)

the worst case scenario realistically? is that we target 1-2 scum and they petrify a couple of obvtown players. we then use two lynches to get rid of them which puts us down to like 7v1 or something like that. every scum in the lynchpool is 33.3% of the scumteam's manpower so let's find out how solid the townblock is. :D

pedit: Math is also right yup
pesit2: absolutely right, nd39
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8165 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

We just compile a list and force the more Townie players to denotate on the target we assign them. No deviation allowed.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8166 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8159, the worst wrote:
In post 8157, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

- 1 scum and 2 town
- 2 scum and 1 town
- all 3 scum
why do you think this is a problem? :(
Well for one thing, you can only have one lynch per day. Why couldn’t scum drag this out into a victory?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8167 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:34 am

Post by the worst »

how could they do that? we're in like 15v3 we have way more than 3 lynche
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8168 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:35 am

Post by the worst »

even if say 3 scum get picked for powers and stall and let's say the rest of the plan ends up nuking 6 townies

we're in 9v3 and lynch to victory!
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8169 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 8168, the worst wrote:even if say 3 scum get picked for powers and stall and let's say the rest of the plan ends up nuking 6 townies

we're in 9v3 and lynch to victory!
bad math though, you are off 1

we currently have 17 players = 14 vs. 3; so it would be 8 vs. 3 and this is discounting any scum flips before then.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8170 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:38 am

Post by stungun0404 »

but i’m kinda pro the suicide bomb plan. if nothing else, i think it will make the game very interesting very fast
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8171 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:39 am

Post by the worst »

@stung I think it's been well established I'm the ideas antihero here, my attention span has long since been used up :P but yes you're right, I was one number off. point still stands!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8172 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:40 am

Post by the worst »

In post 8170, stungun0404 wrote:it will make the game very interesting very fast
ngl killing the stagnantness is half of the agenda here :3
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8173 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

We still need to wait until tomorrow since we dont know how the gamestate will be by then.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8174 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8170, stungun0404 wrote:but i’m kinda pro the suicide bomb plan. if nothing else,
i think it will make the game very interesting very fast
Understatement.of.the.Century.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”