Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8600 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 8520, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 8443, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 8403, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:He fakeclaimed a gulity on Sando soon after he replaced into Chicadee slot.
It was actually like a whole 2 game days after I replaced in but more importantly you can't prove its a fake claim until I flip!
Don’t you mean, when Sando flips?
nope!
i couldve been redirected this whole time
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #8601 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

i'm so sorry for lacking activity in this day phase. I'm just really busy irl and things are messy

and I've been using my free time for something else that was in time rush

I can't iso drixx as promised today. I'll do it tomorrow morning when I'm up and my eyes are not red very likely
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8602 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8598, Sakura Hana wrote:My only worry is that scum somehow manages to kill me by either of those 3 things and we get a scum leader again.
I think if scum has a factional means of overriding all superpowers, then it would make this game unfairly scumsided.

Before we found out about SS, I did wonder about a factional strongman but it would seem unlikely.

I don’t know what would happen if two players used SS on each other, probably their rival actions would fail? I should ask the mod about that but that would be my guess.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8603 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 8588, Gamma Emerald wrote:which is Math/titus of opposite alignments will get into a fight.
they'll fight if they're both town so its more like math will always call titus scum unless they are scum together

titus calls math scum every other game, but will discredit every time.
last.fm
gtkas
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #8604 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 8602, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 8598, Sakura Hana wrote:My only worry is that scum somehow manages to kill me by either of those 3 things and we get a scum leader again.
I think if scum has a factional means of overriding all superpowers, then it would make this game unfairly scumsided.

Before we found out about SS, I did wonder about a factional strongman but it would seem unlikely.

I don’t know what would happen if two players used SS on each other, probably their rival actions would fail? I should ask the mod about that but that would be my guess.
the first few posts should address this, I went and read them while bored and saw a lot of questions were answered there
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8605 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:20 am

Post by Nosferatu »

@nero: to ur knowledge has cerb ever misread drixx
last.fm
gtkas
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8606 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 8602, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I don’t know what would happen if two players used SS on each other, probably their rival actions would fail? I should ask the mod about that but that would be my guess.
No it's fairly simple.
SS ignores modifications and blocks.

The keyword here is "ignores" it doesnt block or modify another player's action.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8607 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8599, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 8419, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 8418, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 8407, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Have you played with Drixx before and how familiar are you with his meta? Do you read his play as being specifically wolfy here or does he come accross as a wolfy player in general?
You are trying really hard to discredit my case huh?
No, why would I do that? Since when is asking questions, considered to be “discrediting”?
I don't feel like either of those questions are very relevant and they seem pretty pointed. Like does my experience with Drixx and/or knowing his meta really matter? I can't identify scum play unless I have the necessary experience or knowledge of meta? Your other question about whether or not I always find Drixx scummy doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than "Yes, I always find Drixx scummy." "Ok well, this is just conf bias then." But like, we've already kinda talked about this...like in our whole tw games where we were both town I scum read him for being a lurksack and then in the other game I hard scumread the House head. You'd know this if you read. Like really, the links to this exact argument are there. You seem to be sniping from the sidelines and not really dealing with the specifics of the case and it smells like inside information.

Drixx's early stink eyes @ everyone that was pushing for Titus and Toogs defending Titus don't seem all that dissimilar to me. If Toog is scum for defending Titus why isn't Drixx scum for chainsaw attacking all Titus' early enemies?

Like town playing poorly is a thing and its more than possible that that's whats happening here but I feel like my reasoning to suspect him are pretty valid.
So, I’m assuming you’re fine with voting Sakura for leader then? I honestly don’t see how with her arming herself with SS bp - as long as everyone votes her - I don’t see how scum can possibly mess this up.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8608 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

no but I don't think I've ever played with a cerb-drixx town
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8609 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 8607, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 8407, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Have you played with Drixx before and how familiar are you with his meta? Do you read his play as being specifically wolfy here or does he come accross as a wolfy player in general?
No, why would I do that? Since when is asking questions, considered to be “discrediting”?
I don't feel like either of those questions are very relevant and they seem pretty pointed. Like does my experience with Drixx and/or knowing his meta really matter? I can't identify scum play unless I have the necessary experience or knowledge of meta? Your other question about whether or not I always find Drixx scummy doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than "Yes, I always find Drixx scummy." "Ok well, this is just conf bias then." But like, we've already kinda talked about this...like in our whole tw games where we were both town I scum read him for being a lurksack and then in the other game I hard scumread the House head. You'd know this if you read. Like really, the links to this exact argument are there. You seem to be sniping from the sidelines and not really dealing with the specifics of the case and it smells like inside information.

Drixx's early stink eyes @ everyone that was pushing for Titus and Toogs defending Titus don't seem all that dissimilar to me. If Toog is scum for defending Titus why isn't Drixx scum for chainsaw attacking all Titus' early enemies?

Like town playing poorly is a thing and its more than possible that that's whats happening here but I feel like my reasoning to suspect him are pretty valid.
So, I’m assuming you’re fine with voting Sakura for leader then? I honestly don’t see how with her arming herself with SS bp - as long as everyone votes her - I don’t see how scum can possibly mess this up.
how is talking about Hana an acceptable response to my criticism of your criticism of my Drixx suspicion?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8610 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8600, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 8403, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:He fakeclaimed a gulity on Sando soon after he replaced into Chicadee slot.
It was actually like a whole 2 game days after I replaced in but more importantly you can't prove its a fake claim until I flip!
nope!
The setup states that we all start off as vanillas and the only PRs are those who were either elected leader or picked as superheroes. To the best of my recollection, you have been neither.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8611 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8604, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 8602, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

the first few posts should address this, I went and read them while bored and saw a lot of questions were answered there
Okay thanks, I’ll check that out.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8612 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 8610, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
nope!
The setup states that we all start off as vanillas and the only PRs are those who were either elected leader or picked as superheroes. To the best of my recollection, you have been neither.
thats to ur knowledge innit
last.fm
gtkas
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8613 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

If my action is SS'd it cannot be negated/redirected in any way, shape or form because it ignores it, so a power negate even if SS'd wouldnt prevent me from activating Impenetrable Skin, it would however still prevent people from targeting me with super powers.
A kill is also an action, and Impenetrable Skin is the one that blocks it (impenetrable skin is a block for kills, so is the new ability that is a doc), so an SS'd kill with go through Impenetrable Skin.
Impenetrable Skin doesnt target, it's kind of a self-doc, so redirections dont work on it by default, but if they did SS also prevents such.

It can be a bit convoluted to understand, but that's also how basic NAR works in any case.

If an action modifies another player's action, the player's action is modified unless it's own action could prevent it from being modified (for example, commuter, nexus, hider), in which case, the one with the highest priority on NAR occurs, to avoid paradoxes.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8614 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Anyway hope that's easier to understand, if not, well the first 2 lines explain the interaction well enough i guess
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8615 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 8608, Nero Cain wrote:no but I don't think I've ever played with a cerb-drixx town
i ask because ive been scumreading drixx for a lot of the same reasons you have since i replaced in d1 but cerb had a strong townread on him

but as of late ive been deferring to cerb's read on the count of their deep personal relationship and confidence in reading each other.

so ive you've got any evidence to the contrary id be happy to hop back onto drixx, but until then i think most cases that you make will be dismissed.
last.fm
gtkas
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8616 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8609, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 8607, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

how is talking about Hana an acceptable response to my criticism of your criticism of my Drixx suspicion?
I didn’t “criticize” anything, what I did do is say that I wasn’t yet convinced and asked you further questions. I don’t for the life of me understand why you’re “criticizing” me in the first place. FA promised to ISO Drixx tomorrow. I’ll wait for that.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8617 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8612, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 8610, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
nope!
thats to ur knowledge innit
It’s expressly stated in the setup.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8618 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What does FA's opinion have anything to do with this?

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #8619 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:39 am

Post by Creature »

Did the worst post anything after my vote?
Sigh
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8620 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8613, Sakura Hana wrote:If my action is SS'd it cannot be negated/redirected in any way, shape or form because it ignores it, so a power negate even if SS'd wouldnt prevent me from activating Impenetrable Skin, it would however still prevent people from targeting me with super powers.
A kill is also an action, and Impenetrable Skin is the one that blocks it (impenetrable skin is a block for kills, so is the new ability that is a doc), so an SS'd kill with go through Impenetrable Skin.
Impenetrable Skin doesnt target, it's kind of a self-doc, so redirections dont work on it by default, but if they did SS also prevents such.

It can be a bit convoluted to understand, but that's also how basic NAR works in any case.

If an action modifies another player's action, the player's action is modified unless it's own action could prevent it from being modified (for example, commuter, nexus, hider), in which case, the one with the highest priority on NAR occurs, to avoid paradoxes.
That’s good to know. I also don’t see Math reneging on picking you. That would be anti-town af if he did that.

I think the only think that possibly prevents you being leader if not enough people vote for you. which is why I don’t want to risk you not getting it by splitting votes.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #8621 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Creature »

I'm on computer now, but I fear having to give my mouse.
Sigh
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8622 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8618, Nero Cain wrote:What does FA's opinion have anything to do with this?
Not her opinion but she promised to ISO Drixx.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8623 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

@Sakura , if you think the leader issue has been resolved to your satisfaction, I can hammer at any time.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8624 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Reminder

EVERYONE VOTE SAKURA!!!!

NO SPLITTING UP Of The WAGONS.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”