Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8750 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 8744, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 8738, stungun0404 wrote:no nd, 8-8 split last day phase means sakura was not necessarily supposed to beat math
That’s probably because not all the promised Sakura voters voted. I think splitting the votes just makes it easier for scum to mess with the voting, since Sakura arms herself with SS bp tonight.
So put the most conscientious townies we can find on the Sakura vote-list.

Not accounting for Sakura dying is just stupid of us. We only need ~9 voters to basically guarantee that Sakura as presumptive leader can't be fucked with, we should use the rest of our votes to protect ourselves from death, not to put more eggs in the basket.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #8751 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

we get a lot of information on what happened with the buffer though
it would require 4 people supposed to be on sakura to be voting the contingency in order to make it a tie
and if they vote anyone other then the contingency it takes that many more misvotes to have any chance of swaying the leader pick
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8752 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

nope, i wrote she by accident. whoops.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8753 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 8748, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 8739, Nero Cain wrote:I guess my paranoia is that Nancy is scum and wants Hana as sole leader b/c they DO have someway to kill her or something.
No, I want Sakura to be the leader. I’m not entirely confident in anyone else but please find some tinfoil reasons to scumread me for that.
buddy her moar.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8754 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 6978, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 6972, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 6924, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 6801, Sakura Hana wrote:
Sakura (9): Math, Nancy, Nos, Creature, hebichan, the worst (right?), toogeloo (?), Kokichi (?), Toranaga
Mathblade (9): Sakura, Gamma, FA, stungun, Sando, Drixx (?), Katsuki (?), Shiro (?), zmuffinman’s slot if not modkilled (?)
I feel like I need to quote this every page now >.<
Can i squeeze this in before thread lock?
vote assortment last day phase; please note that i started these suggestions although sakura made one switch from my initial proposal

sakura (9): math, nancy, nos ( primary lynchpool),creature (primary lynchpool), hebichan (primary lynchpool), the worst (primary lynchpool),toogeloo (primary lynchpool), kokichi (primary lynchpool), toranaga

math (9): sakura, gamma (primary lynchpool), fa, stungun, sando, drixx (primary lynchpool?), nero cain’s slot (primary lynchpool), shiro, theta alpine’s slot (primary lynchpool?)

you tell me which pool of voters is sketchier: 6 vs. 4 primary lynchpool on sakura likely means scum on sakura’s vote wagon

between nosferatu, creature, hebichan, the worst, toogeloo and kokichi

i think it’s toog, creature, tw, or kokichi....
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8755 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8753, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 8748, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 8739, Nero Cain wrote:I guess my paranoia is that Nancy is scum and wants Hana as sole leader b/c they DO have someway to kill her or something.
No, I want Sakura to be the leader. I’m not entirely confident in anyone else but please find some tinfoil reasons to scumread me for that.
buddy her moar.
Do you even understand what that means? :roll:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8756 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Ok so for easier understanding for you Nero, here's how it works.

Whoever living player at the end of the night who receives the most votes becomes leader.
If there's a tie, then there's a bunch of tiebreaker rules in the setup section, which are pretty easy to track around.

So let's assume the scenario of 10v6 which is the safest scenario where scum cant reach 10 too and hope for a tiebreak.
If i die and all 3 remaining scum are on the 6, they can pile 3 votes on their preferred leader (or 2 votes in a scum leader) and could win a tiebreak.
If all 3 remaining scum are on my wagon, then they can shift the wagon towards the 6 vote player (10-3 = 7, 6+3 = 9).

It mostly depends if u have a backup that you can trust.

Now as i said already, the only way i die tonight is if Math doesnt give me power, or scum gets power tonight. Which also gives information to look into tonight's team for scum (math included).

As for a difference in reads... If you think Math is townreading a scum that im scumreading i think Drixx would be the closest to that. As I have stated yesterday i was literally only TRing Drixx because of Cerb who is supposedly very familiar with Drixx, said Drixx was 99% town.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8757 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

oh i have something to add then
my slot was unable to submit a vote last night due to being replaced
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8758 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 8751, Theta Alpine wrote:it would require 4 people supposed to be on sakura to be voting the contingency in order to make it a tie
Yep, and assuming we mislynch today we've still only got 3 scum alive. Hence why Toor's "lol not going along with the plan" is so anti-town.

Build a 4 person buffer between Sakura and person A, scum can't pick person A over Sakura without giving us huge information (minimum 2 were in the vote-list).

Build a 4 person block on Person A and scum can't kill Sakura and vote a third person in without giving us the same huge information.

We would need a 6+ vote buffer to absolutely guarantee it and we don't have that many, but we can certainly make it hugely risky for scum to mess with it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8759 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by the worst »

yeah from the POV of like an ~holistic solve~ I think we should be working under the assumption drixx is town
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8760 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 8757, Theta Alpine wrote:oh i have something to add then
my slot was unable to submit a vote last night due to being replaced
So Math won with a max of 8 votes?

Interesting, anyone else on Math want to fess up on not voting?

Anyone on Sak want to pre-empt this with a fess-up to not voting?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8761 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I've been thinking on that. It makes a fuck ton of sense for a Drixxscum to kill Cerb who was misreading him as town. Of course, it's just WIFOM but yeah....

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8762 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8756, Sakura Hana wrote:Ok so for easier understanding for you Nero, here's how it works.

Whoever living player at the end of the night who receives the most votes becomes leader.
If there's a tie, then there's a bunch of tiebreaker rules in the setup section, which are pretty easy to track around.

So let's assume the scenario of 10v6 which is the safest scenario where scum cant reach 10 too and hope for a tiebreak.
If i die and all 3 remaining scum are on the 6, they can pile 3 votes on their preferred leader (or 2 votes in a scum leader) and could win a tiebreak.
If all 3 remaining scum are on my wagon, then they can shift the wagon towards the 6 vote player (10-3 = 7, 6+3 = 9).

It mostly depends if u have a backup that you can trust.

Now as i said already, the only way i die tonight is if Math doesnt give me power, or scum gets power tonight. Which also gives information to look into tonight's team for scum (math included).

As for a difference in reads... If you think Math is townreading a scum that im scumreading i think Drixx would be the closest to that. As I have stated yesterday i was literally only TRing Drixx because of Cerb who is supposedly very familiar with Drixx, said Drixx was 99% town.
Please just this.

I feel like people are trying to compete for who can Tinfoil mechanic the most.

Just Sakura and Drixx and a smaller amount on Drixx done
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8763 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

why would you do that though
if sakura dies and the contingency does not become leader in my plan
then at least two of the people who were supposed to vote the contingency are scum
alter of rautherdir
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8764 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8763, Theta Alpine wrote:why would you do that though
then at least two of the people who were supposed to vote the contingency are scum
That =?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8765 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

and then oh look 2+ scum in a group of 3 or 4
alter of rautherdir
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8766 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 8759, the worst wrote:yeah from the POV of like an ~holistic solve~ I think we should be working under the assumption drixx is town
y is Drixx so town?

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8767 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8759, the worst wrote:yeah from the POV of like an ~holistic solve~ I think we should be working under the assumption drixx is town
Why?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8768 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 8763, Theta Alpine wrote:why would you do that though
Are you talking to me? Because I think we're in violent agreement here.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8769 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

maybe
not actually sure anymore
alter of rautherdir
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8770 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 8767, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Why?
would it make you feel comfortable if we chose 10 relatively townread players and placed them on sakura’s voting wagon,

and the other 6 potential lynch options on either drixx or i —> except sakura ofc

and split it that way for compromise? that would make it hard for scum to fuck with
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8771 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by the worst »

GOOd fucking god I can't wait to die

Anyone killed Cerb n1. not killing cerb n1 would be tantamount to scum gametheowing. don't gimme that "cerb nka = drixx scum" shit you all should know not to follow such a confbiasy statement

Cerb who has a better history of reading Drixx than anyone else on the player list hard townread him. a lot of us are townreading him. a few of us are scumreading him for pretty basic reasons. he has a tilting playstyle.

occam's razor says he's town here, reevaluate lategame if you need to whatever but we still have too many people alive to be focused on such a shitty read
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8772 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

i think the only things left to decide are who the contingency is
which 3 will definitely vote the contingency
and who will vote the contingency if toog flips town
alter of rautherdir
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #8773 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 8770, stungun0404 wrote:
In post 8767, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Why?
would it make you feel comfortable if we chose 10 relatively townread players and placed them on sakura’s voting wagon,

and the other 6 potential lynch options on either drixx or i —> except sakura ofc

and split it that way for compromise? that would make it hard for scum to fuck with
Sure, my main convern is Sakura voters not voting, so the most trusted and reliable of players should be on her list, so I guess we are in sync then.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8774 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 8772, Theta Alpine wrote:contingency
why 3? there is a very very very slim chance that the 3 are all scum together, or someone in there is scum

unless we make them very strong townreads, like sakura, mathblade, and frozen angel for example

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”