Micro 814: Geriatric Trio (Mafia Victory!!!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:47 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 243, ceejayvinoya wrote:You seem to have thought that me saying that means I suddenly have an amazing understanding of what's going on around here. Sorry to disappoint you, but nah.
What do you mean "amazing understanding?" I didn't criticize the
quality
of your catchup, I criticized the
utter lack of a single word of catchup
, because reading enough to say the game had a lot of content would presume that you had at least one thought on at one least one part of that content. I mean the whole problem is this post:
In post 162, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 157, Oath wrote:I mean I'm obviously reading the thread and if something was more than 70% likely to be scum I'd speak up, but in 7 pages we have a whole lot of nothing. Excuse me for not railing another possible townie on weak reasoning. It's not my style. I jump in when it's worth it.
Lols. I don't know what you're talking about. There's actually a lot of content here. I grossly underestimated this game when I joined and went like "oh 7 pages. This would be a breeze."
Trying to throw gasoline on the Oath wagon by saying that you can't understanding saying "there's a whole lot of nothing" rings tremendously insincere when you then pulled exactly the same thing. It looks an awful lot like you were using the "lot of content" as your reason to not post D1 and let Oath wagon sail through, and then D2 (when you can't get away from posting) you just decided to just switch to a relatively lazier way to catchup, forgetting your statement that you were doing a linear read.

---
In post 249, nonny wrote:Is it bad that the game pace is making me want to just hammer? N_M does appear scummy and like he’s hiding behind meta but we are also crawling along slower than a snails pace.
If we have two scum alive in a field of 7 and nearly everyone is okay with the game limping, what does that tell you about the status quo?

Like look at KMD. He thinks not_mafia is a bad lynch today, and that invisibility is likely scum. Invisibility is voting for not_mafia, which should make not_mafia an even less appealing lynch from his point of view. But despite all that, it sure doesn't look like KMD is actually concerned about stopping the not_mafia lynch in favor of his invisibility lynch. Shouldn't he be?

Or hey, look at me. I seem to be held in pretty high town esteem. Does that mean people are engaging with my ceejay case? Well huh, not really. In fact, the only other player to actually give a
read
on Ceejay this whole damn day is you saying you're "not happy" with him. Oh, and KMD saying that he'd take you if it was you vs ceejay (but not why). Is it right or wrong? Who knows, my reads ain't perfect, but what does it mean that folks are complaining about lack of content and then not engaging with me at all?

It sure seems like people want to affect a casual stance on not_mafia, but are simultaneously super unwilling to consider other options. So uhh, yeah, I do think it's bad to want to just hammer based on the game pace, because the answer is to demand more engagement from folks instead of capitulating to it.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 241, Not_Mafia wrote:Lynch nonny
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Music Box
Music Box
Goon
Music Box
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Music Box »

@ hito: My scumread on cj is based on Komala's posts. Cj has at least explained his thoughts a bit which is why he's dropped behind NM and nonny in my reads.

NM is being exasperating but I think there is more than that to his refusal to communicate. I think it's camouflage.

KMD does seem to be pushing Invis some but I don't get a scum feeling from Invis myself, or from KMD.

The reason why hardly anyone is looking at you is that you are coming across strongly as town. The only thing I have against you really is a couple of doubts MoI raised about you before he was nk'd, but I don't know what they were based on, or whether they were just teasers, so I'm loth to act on them.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:00 am

Post by nonny »

Hito: I did ask for more from people, I may just suck at engaging others but am totally exasperated at this point. I’m not engaging you because so fat I agree with your reads and your push on ceejay.
*insert bad joke here*
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 2.5
Not_Mafia
(3): ceejayvinoya , Invisibility , Music Box
nonny
(1): Not_Mafia
ceejayvinoya
(1): hitogiroshi
Invisibility
(1): Kmd4390

Not Voting
(1): nonny

Posts reset in (expired on 2018-08-12 22:00:00).
D2 will end when a majority is reached or on August 16/18 at 10:00pm EST in (expired on 2018-08-16 22:00:00).
With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Mod Notes:

No votes changed and no prods are due???

Well then.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 249, nonny wrote:Is it bad that the game pace is making me want to just hammer? N_M does appear scummy and like he’s hiding behind meta but we are also crawling along slower than a snails pace.
Yes, that would be bad. He hasn't claimed.
Hito wrote: Like look at KMD. He thinks not_mafia is a bad lynch today, and that invisibility is likely scum. Invisibility is voting for not_mafia, which should make not_mafia an even less appealing lynch from his point of view. But despite all that, it sure doesn't look like KMD is actually concerned about stopping the not_mafia lynch in favor of his invisibility lynch. Shouldn't he be?
Not_Mafia isn't the worst Lynch ever. He's pretty much a null read for me. The only thing that would make me lean town is that no one is standing in the way of his lynch, but bussing is a possibility. Just, I dont see anything to specifically say he is scum.
Hito wrote: Oh, and KMD saying that he'd take you if it was you vs ceejay (but not why).
I don't blame you for forgetting I'm scumreading nonny I guess. I haven't mentioned it as much as I thought I had.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Unvote, Vote nonny
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 2.5
Not_Mafia
nonny
(2): Not_Mafia , Kmd4390
ceejayvinoya

Not Voting

Posts reset in (expired on 2018-08-12 22:00:00).
D2 will end when a majority is reached or on August 16/18 at 10:00pm EST in (expired on 2018-08-16 22:00:00).

Mod Notes:

I need to get people more active...
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Invisibility »

hello
can somebody direct me to a case on nonny
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Am I seeing this correctly? A wagon Invisibility isn't blindly jumping on?

Hmmmmmmmmmm
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Invisibility »

oh dang thassa a good post welp guys you me right in the headlights im the godfather gg town
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Thanks to Ari having hyperlinks to the votes in the VC I can confirm that Music Box and Invisibility are the only players to actually give justifications for their votes while making them (and they were both one sentence "He's using his reputation to avoid explaining himself. and "n_m not doing anything is kinda scummy" respectively.)

Like okay here's a quick Mafia 101 lesson. If the prevailing winds are pointing at town (and they are more often than not, since most people are townies), scum don't need to "do" anything except let inertia do it's thing and be seen voting. So the town culture of just everyone voting their favorite scumread without justification and then we all flop around and randomly settle on it is exactly what scum want. The whole point of wanting vigorous in-thread debate and compromise is that, as a townie, I have different and malleable thoughts on each player, whereas the scum have binary and static views on players.

So in a game with real mafia players, you can take a listless day like this one and say, hmm, let's look at the indifferent players - the ones who are ON a wagon, but don't seem to care if it's being pushed or not. That's a pretty good scum tell, because town players should always have a lynch they want best, but (since, like we said, the prevailing winds hit town more often than not) they often don't actually care whether they're on the lynch wagon, and in fact would rather be off it in case the next day some insufferable dumbass says there's no way the wagon was all town and starts coloring names or whatever.

But clearly I can't use it in this game, because that's basically everybody here. I guess not_mafia voters get a sort of pass, because if you're voting not_mafia, a one-sentence case
is
responding to 100% of his posts. But even so, we really need everyone voting and everyone trying to
sell others
on their vote, because this horseshit is what the scum dream of doing and the rest of you are giving them cover to do it.

So sell me on your votes in your next posts. Like I said, not_mafia voters have a bit of a special time with this, so instead you can have the alternative assignment of making the case that this broader wagonflow still makes sense with not_mafia scum. Take this seriously because the red names are sitting and really hoping you don't.

Here's my greatest hits on ceejay:
In post 208, hitogoroshi wrote: BUT when things are this stalled out I think I want to just listen to my heart and my heart is saying ceejay. (Which sucks, because that would mean I was wrong on komala.) Like I intimated last post, ceejay apparently reading enough to complain about how dense the game is but ALSO not saying a single damn thing about the linear read is gross. And the fact that he responded to my question not with an answer but with an L-1 vote on my wagon - an unannounced L-1 at that - is pretty danger klaxons.
In post 250, hitogoroshi wrote:Trying to throw gasoline on the Oath wagon by saying that you can't understanding saying "there's a whole lot of nothing" rings tremendously insincere when you then pulled exactly the same thing. It looks an awful lot like you were using the "lot of content" as your reason to not post D1 and let Oath wagon sail through, and then D2 (when you can't get away from posting) you just decided to just switch to a relatively lazier way to catchup, forgetting your statement that you were doing a linear read.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

also separate from my rant:
In post 260, Invisibility wrote:oh dang thassa a good post welp guys you me right in the headlights im the godfather gg town
What do you think KMDs alignment is? This feels like the kind of post you make on someone you're crossvoting with.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:08 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I was pretty salty last night, on a sober re-read I retract roughly 30% of my anger

that's it though
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:29 am

Post by nonny »

In post 263, hitogoroshi wrote:I was pretty salty last night, on a sober re-read I retract roughly 30% of my anger

that's it though

I feel you should have just done a “mic drop” instead.
*insert bad joke here*
Music Box
Music Box
Goon
Music Box
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Music Box »

In post 261, hitogoroshi wrote:So sell me on your votes in your next posts. Like I said, not_mafia voters have a bit of a special time with this, so instead you can have the alternative assignment of making the case that this broader wagonflow still makes sense with not_mafia scum. Take this seriously because the red names are sitting and really hoping you don't.
That's the problem. It doesn't make sense unless there's bussing going on, either mutual or one way. Without bussing nonny has more possible partners, so do Cj and Invis. But they would've known the heat was going to be on NM in Day 2 and planned accordingly, so we can't rule anything out.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 2.6
Not_Mafia
nonny
(2): Not_Mafia , Kmd4390
ceejayvinoya

Not Voting

Posts reset in (expired on 2018-08-14 22:00:00).

Mod Notes:

Prodding ceejayvinoya and Not_Mafia
- Jingle
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 265, Music Box wrote:
In post 261, hitogoroshi wrote:So sell me on your votes in your next posts. Like I said, not_mafia voters have a bit of a special time with this, so instead you can have the alternative assignment of making the case that this broader wagonflow still makes sense with not_mafia scum. Take this seriously because the red names are sitting and really hoping you don't.
That's the problem. It doesn't make sense unless there's bussing going on, either mutual or one way. Without bussing nonny has more possible partners, so do Cj and Invis. But they would've known the heat was going to be on NM in Day 2 and planned accordingly, so we can't rule anything out.
Can you explain what you mean more, please? Not sure I'm fully getting what you're trying to say.
*insert bad joke here*
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

please lynch nonny thanks
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 262, hitogoroshi wrote:also separate from my rant:
In post 260, Invisibility wrote:oh dang thassa a good post welp guys you me right in the headlights im the godfather gg town
What do you think KMDs alignment is? This feels like the kind of post you make on someone you're crossvoting with.
your stuff about associatives with N_M took a dent to his towniness
he rests at lightly townie

btw n_m is still scum
Music Box
Music Box
Goon
Music Box
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by Music Box »

In post 267, nonny wrote:Can you explain what you mean more, please? Not sure I'm fully getting what you're trying to say.
I think I was half asleep when I wrote that. The "they" in the last sentence referred to the mafia. The gist of the whole thing is that mafia may have decided to sacrifice one of them to get the other read as town.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

So, I don't want to prod and replace, and I am out atm luckily so I have an excuse XD

If I have to replace I guess deadline will pause at 2 days.
*sigh*
- Jingle
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 264, nonny wrote: I feel you should have just done a “mic drop” instead.
this is a sassy post from someone who has neither voted nor done the n_m alternate homework assignment

who is scum
In post 269, Invisibility wrote: your stuff about associatives with N_M took a dent to his towniness
he rests at lightly townie

btw n_m is still scum
I think KMD scum would probably mean n_m town, though. If my stuff about associatives moved the needle for on you KMD, wouldn't that also make you think n_m-scum is less likely?

also y'all it's ceejay and we can save ari the work of replacing
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by Invisibility »

oh im confused about something then
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 272, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 264, nonny wrote: I feel you should have just done a “mic drop” instead.
this is a sassy post from someone who has neither voted nor done the n_m alternate homework assignment

who is scum
Because I don't have any convincing points on n_m scum aside from what's already been pointed out, which stems from lack of any content and from being basically anti-town. RC was more scum lean than komala was so I'd lean towards n_m over ceejay from that too. I don't like grasping at straws and overall feel frustrated that that seems to be all there is right now. Feel like we need more information which seems more likely to come from a lynch then from actual posting given how the last several (real time) days have gone. I'm not voting because the only person I see worth voting right now is still at L-1 but I'm not quite sure enough to hammer.
*insert bad joke here*

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”