He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9425 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9422, Drixx wrote:
In post 9412, the worst wrote:
In post 9410, Drixx wrote:3.) I still think the suicide bombing plan is bad because giving scum what amounts to free mislynches is never a good idea and I don't think the game state warrants the risk.
This is actually either scum tmi or blatantly the worst posting I've ever seen. You're literally assuming all 3 scum are in the townblock, lol.
People actually have expressed a belief that I'm scum. That dramatically raises my paranoia about the townblock being infiltrated. At this point, I am reassessing as much as is possible in a game of this length.
Except that has no bearing on reality.
We have leashed scum. A scum that doesn’t want its leash will push.

It is a natural reaction. It would have been telling if people were worried day three or four.
We’re on day five. The only person to express a suspicion of scum in the townblock is Nero and he gets a pass because replacement and imho he doesn’t understand the mechanics. However if he is still pushing the same damn thing with no reasonable case then it is cause for worry. I am all for reinvestigating town blocks that is healthy. But not at the expense of moving the game forward or discussing reads.

Yesterday and today I have posed mechanics questions that you have not answered. I have presented the numbers as to why they are superior. Do you have a problem with my premises other than “what if scum infiltrated the town block?” Because your fears are imho unwarranted.

Today we as a collective unit have to make a choice to trust or distrust the townblock. The mechanics dictate it. So please explain your paranoia or provide something to the table that can be analyzed and weighed against the evidence the block is all town. If you cannot then we go forward with the town block.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9426 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9423, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 9421, Drixx wrote:
In post 9413, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 9410, Drixx wrote:1.) I took the doctor like ability last night and targeted our current leader with it. Figured it couldn't hurt and might save a kill. I didn't see any watch report so posting what I did in case someone was waiting to see what I would say.
im glad you actually tried to prevent a kill on me, but a power negate would've nullified it, did you miss my posts where i said i would 100% SS a BP?
There's too much unknown in the game to be certain. I wanted to be certain.
Ok i get that.
But i mean, it's only useful if you thought i was gambiting and wasnt going to SS a BP.
If scum had strongman or SS they would pierce both your and my protection.
If math was scum and didnt give me power, then scum would power negate me which would also prevent your protection.
So it kinda overlapped, Im still wondering about the why of that.
I wanna know what your thought process was about it.
Or is that it?
In post 9419, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 9349, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9346, Nero Cain wrote:but real talk Math: don't use Petrification: on Creature. I mean, I guess you could but it seems useless and we want him dead. Save it. Self Petrification would be nice but not gonna happen...
Yes we do want him dead.

However forcing scum to kill me or negate me reveals a lot about the setup.

If Creature lives until tomorrow then Creature is confirmed scum and scum are confirmed to have negate.

If Creature is petrified then it confirms that scum thought he was a goner and held it (unlikely) or they don’t have it.

We have tons of obvTown forcing scum to kill me or negate me is a huge win.

We then blow up any potential scum and then give obvTown like FA and Nancy the goo and force them to use it since people were terrified of negates

This cages scum.

Give me a bit to think on this. But I think this is a lot better strategy.
why not bombing or lynching him? petrified players won't flip
For a few reasons
1) No players townread Creature to my understanding. Therefore if he is scum it’s a waste of a townlife to bomb him. It’s also a waste of a day to lynch him. With the Toog lynch decided everything just sort of sat to a crawl.
Petrification is the best of both worlds plus the added bonus of figuring out if scum have useful powers and forcing them to try to use them to save Creature.

2) This allows us to spread the bombs over a wider range of could be scums rather than having to devote one to Creature. This is the same idea as a claimed vig. They shoot scum and if they die they take out scum.

3) That being said I think the best move is to petrify Creature. However should the town disagree bombing him imho should be the next priority as to get a useful lynch out of today.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9427 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9417, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 9334, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9332, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 9329, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9327, Sakura Hana wrote:Now the question is, considering how OP a public self-watcher is do we really wanna go with the bombing plan? or should i just choose townies so if they die we know who targeted them.
And if we do i think we should probably announce colors beforehand.
How’d you get self watcher from that?
I thought it said another player?
Everyone that targets you would be publicly known by their color in the votecount.
So basically everyone knows who targeted you.
So basically a public self-watcher
I think that is backwards?

People give away goo. So all goo givers would have to hit the same target?

Then that target would be a rainbow?

Unless I am missing something.

Let me re-examine after work
what sakura said is true. I posted it in thread too
And I realized my derp a few posts after.

I still think mixing the bombs is best. It’s been blatantly clear scum are not killing the group with BP powers.

Therefore distributing a ton of self watchers to people in the townblock is a waste.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9428 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9410, Drixx wrote:A few thoughts ... some of which are left over from last day phase because thread locked while I was putting together a post.

1.) I took the doctor like ability last night and targeted our current leader with it. Figured it couldn't hurt and might save a kill. I didn't see any watch report so posting what I did in case someone was waiting to see what I would say.

2.) There's some serious intellectual dishonesty in the late part of yesterday. At least twice (and perhaps more often), I made it clear that my brain wasn't braining properly when I voted on day 2. I did NOT vote the person I felt was crossing the line with Titus. That doesn't change the fact that Titus was being wound up intentionally. Anyone who knows Titus and goes and reads even a small part of day 2 will know that. I am thus a little bit concerned that a couple people are pretending like I'm insisting that the particular vote I made was tied to my reasoning. I wasn't even the least bit obtuse in admitting that my memory was incorrect and I voted the wrong person.

2a.) Just as a side note: That gave Titus a really good reason to go way lower activity in day 2 than her usual self.

3.) I still think the suicide bombing plan is bad because giving scum what amounts to free mislynches is never a good idea and I don't think the game state warrants the risk.

4.) Someone yesterday implied that when I said I had dropped a town tell earlier in the game that I was referring to a
TRUST TELL
. They're not the same thing. A trust tell is something a person only does as one alignment or the other and then having established that meta they
refer to it in an attempt to take advantage of it
. That's not really at all what I mean. If you haven't played with me enough, then you didn't catch it, and that's fine. Some in this list have played with me often enough they would find it in my ISO.
3) Did you see my post arguing about what happens if we don’t suicide bomb? @Drixx I would love if you would answer all withstanding @Drixx questions before making blanket “risk is too great”. I have brought an in-depth plan with analysis and what happens if we did in the rare case have scum in the block. So now in a traditional point counterpoint sense it is your turn.

Anyone thinking the self-watcher plan is better than the bombing plan has to address the same concerns brought up earlier. Either way today you are trusting the townblock. No matter who gets powers they could get petrify. Therefore the bombing plan is the safest because of the leash it represents and we get to petrify obvScum to boot

4) That was me. Meh I disagree on definitions but imho if you’re trying to say you’re town because meta that’s trying to invoke a trust tell. Whether it’s something you drop or not is irrelevant. However the board does not share my views so it’s best for all of this is dropped.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9429 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8966, MathBlade wrote:
In post 8950, Drixx wrote:@Nero - Dude. Snark and rhetoric are
NOT
the same thing as abuse. Everyone who knows Titus (and Mathblade for that matter) knows how to wind them up personally. That's abuse. Me being tongue in cheek is NOT abuse.

Every single "point" in your case against me as a bunch of NAI shit. Obviously if I were scum, I did and would do those things. I didn't even try to say otherwise.

So if you have a bunch of stuff that is literally (by your own definition) WiFoM, then you look at the overall picture. In what world do I even at all go along with doing anything to try and help Titus after day one if I'm scum with her? You know (or should know) how ruthlessly I will cut bait on a scum partner who screws up and is an inevitable lynch. You've just spent an inordinate amount of time pointing out that I did none of the things I would normally do as scum with a doomed teammate. Like ... 1+1 is not hard man.

Drop the tunnel goggles if you're town. You're wasting a lot of effort to no good end. If you are as good as you think, I dropped a pretty strong town tell quite awhile back. I'm certain at least two people caught it. If I count Math who was already sure before I did it, then that would be three ... but I'm not sure Math was actually bothering to look at that point.

@math: you're missing a huge problem in terms of being able to determine if any scum make it into the team. You're assuming that you can isolate them in a way that you can't. I really don't want to say more and I shouldn't have even said this I don't think. -- You did catch the math problem though which is good. I'm pretty sure that we lose a little EV with the suicide vest plan, with the upside obviously being a faster win.

So ... do we want to play mafia and leverage a strong position to maintain a near 100% EWR or do we want to gamble a significant amount of that to try and win sooner? I mean ... I've not had to work as hard this game to get to this state. You and a couple others have done the heavy lifting. What I
can
tell you from past experience where Cerb and I solve the game and we tell the game exactly what's going on and we have it set up for a win and then people do dumb shit and we lose ... that is crazy frustrating and has gotten super old. I highly do NOT recommend it.

All it would take is for one of the scums to have played a strong game so far and be in a super trusted spot and using 2-3 suicide vest takes out 4-6 townies. That takes away 2-3 cycles where they have to keep playing a really strong game. In this case I really feel like time is an ally. It's really hard to be scum but keep up a realistic narrative that you are town for real time months on end. Believe me because I have done it before a few times and it takes a toll. (Smite and SU2 are the games that come immediately to mind where I played alone as last scum for months in real time; I enjoyed both games but needed to recharge mentally after each one).

You know me well enough to know that I have very strong reasons behind what I'm saying. If there were some way for us to freaking neighborize I would really love to do an unfiltered thought dump right about now.
@Drixx
First I really wasn’t looking for any sort of tells. If I happen to find them (like in regards to Nancy and what power she took) then I note it and move on. I have been focusing on now having town self implode. Between that and work and everything else this has been an insane game. Secondly dropping a town/trust tell (e.g. something you only do reliably as town and not as scum) intentionally and then not replicating it (or trying) in scum games is either illegal or angle shooting so I don’t want to discuss the “tells” angle.

Secondly yes I can be wound up. However calling it ABUSE is a bit of a stretch. I have gotten a lot thicker skin since taking some mediciation to help bring my hormones in equilibrium. I know people who are actual abuse victims and I hate the characterization. I understand your point and would say “low blow” or something similar.

In regards to your maintain a near 100% winrate comment, that is simply wine. Let me explain how.
Assume that we don’t do the suicide plan and you FA and Sakura are scum. (Again I do not believe this)
Then all three of you pick up petrify and track people without powers. Then after one/two/three mislynches whatever the required townies is mass petrification happens and you hit me and some other townie with powers.

At that similar point there is no way we then go for the townblock before that point.
What suicide bomber does is gives us control over the clock.

We have to make a decision whether we trust the town block. We are at 14 town 3 scum. If Toog is town and NK successful (which in 3 townblock would be) we are at 12. The next day. Mislynch is 11. If there are three scum in the town block we are already fucked if we play traditionally based on the numbers.

The suicide bomb is only risky if we hit three scum exactly with the bombs but in that case they are outed.

Playing conservative or traditionally we are going to have to take it on faith that the town block is town.

However that leap of faith is not really a big leap. If FA or myself or Sakura were scum it would have been advantageous to actually kill with power negate and be outed as then due to the gamestate Nancy and you get lynched. When I was scum in Shadowrun I used this specific idea in Shadowrun when I was forced to kill the traitor and then had just barely enough to get the resurrection at the end of the game.

Furthermore we know that assuming Titus gave powers to someone that night and killed Ank for that reason then this necessarily means she taught scum how to play the long game and therefore would not attract attention to the buddies. All three would have to be alive. Therefore Kokichi and Creature are likely not scum. Furthermore there have been seemingly no negate kills in the townblock. This also seems to be stealth scum.

Do you see where I am going with this?
I struck out the irrelevant sections and quoted the post for you @Drixx.

I know you read it because you commented on the tells portion of it.

Is there a reason why you dodged it?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #9430 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 9422, Drixx wrote:
In post 9412, the worst wrote:
In post 9410, Drixx wrote:3.) I still think the suicide bombing plan is bad because giving scum what amounts to free mislynches is never a good idea and I don't think the game state warrants the risk.
This is actually either scum tmi or blatantly the worst posting I've ever seen. You're literally assuming all 3 scum are in the townblock, lol.
People actually have expressed a belief that I'm scum. That dramatically raises my paranoia about the townblock being infiltrated. At this point, I am reassessing as much as is possible in a game of this length.
ok but tell me you're cognisant of the fact that the lynchpool has to die before the townblock

that's like how those things work
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9431 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9393, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9389, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9384, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9362, MathBlade wrote:Throw on top of that I petrify Creature because FA and Nancy (even though I am pretty sure she doesn’t have PN mainly for FA paranoia) will have to self watch then boom. We find out if scum indeed have negate
I don’t know what FA has to do with it? I either have EH or bp. Not saying which. I have no intention of making things easier for scum.
FA has claimed PN.

I am 99.9999% sure she is not scum but self watcher proves scum have negate.
I don’t want her to try to hero save me
What we gain from petrifying Creature is too great
Goo Generation: Until the next Night Phase, anyone that successfully targets you will be covered in goo of a single color of your choice.
Petrification: Target another player. That player loses their ability to post, vote, and submit actions and no longer counts for parity.
Power Absorption: You acquire any Superpowers that successfully target you.
Power Echo: Target another player. Any targeting Superpowers this player uses this Night Phase will be used on another player of your choice in addition to their original target.
**Self-Detonation: Target another player. Both you and that player will die.
Superhuman Tracking: Target another player. You will know who that player targets this Night Phase.

**May be used during the Day but still counts against the following Night's Superpower usage. If used during the Day, resolves immediately. If used during the Night, resolves normally.
Is Power Absorbtion, self-watcher?

But I still don’t understand your FA comment. I didn’t know what powers she had until D3 and she didn’t even claim PN until D4 iirc? So, my pick was unrelated to that. *confused*
It’s more FA pressured you.
I am confirmed not to have power negate having used precog multiple times now.
Pretty sure it’s just you and FA not “confirmed”

If we confirm you by giving you and FA self watchers and everything goes fine best of all possible worlds.

Which is why I want Drixx’s feedback on my plan. The fact he is dodging my risk assessment and analysis of the risk and then saying it is too risky is pissing me off.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9432 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9272, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9260, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9218, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9217, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9164, MathBlade wrote:To be clear Creature has to die before the start of the next day.

I just want us to plan out how.
Where is this 180 coming from anyway? Weren’t you hard defending him last day phase. What changed?
I did as I said I read Titus’s meta. I had not seen that game. Therefore my logic I used to townread Creature was flawed. Titus could indeed be that stupid which I feel bad for her scumbuddies. It’s pretty much as close to throwing as one can get. It’s why outed scum lolcats.
I will address this late tonight. Can’t do it while working.
Numbers/Titus/Creature? = scum dreamteam. :P. Well considering it’s now D5 and there are 3 scum still left in the game - 2, if you don’t include Creature. What are the odds of RNG being this bad for scum? If your theory is correct, then they’re is at least one really deep wolf - if not two left in the game. Can you think of anyone left in the game - in or outside of the townblock, who might be capable of pulling that off?
Inside the townblock, Drixx or FA maybe. Sakura and you I don’t know enough about.

Outside the townblock UFO maybe? I don’t know a lot of scum metas outside it and those I know don’t really do mechanics that much.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9433 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Post by Drixx »

I'm not sure what you want me to answer there Math. I already told you there's a flaw and gave you a hint. I don't think it's prudent at all to tell scum how to maximize utility in the current gamestate.

I mean ... I skimmed a shit load of pages from yesterday so if there's other outstanding things ... let me know but I think I already told you why I think the bomb plan is bad. You asked for a sanity check. I gave it. It's up to you whether you trust me or don't.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9434 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Who is scum Drixx?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9435 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9363, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well, I was initially suspicious because
I didn’t see why you were scumreading me on the Drixx
thing
In post 8682, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I wasn’t entirely convinced about your Drixx argument and asked you some questions to understand your case on him better.
I can totally understand why in your mind, that makes me lockscum
just found that pretty funny.
In post 9364, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9323, Nero Cain wrote:my suggestion for the day would be Math bombs ppl tonight but I don't trust him to be mature enough to self-detonate.
Why would you want Math to self-detonate? :?
In post 9366, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Most likely town!Nero not being a fan but if he was serious.

However tbf, I can understand why he thinks you’re being annoying.
:up:

In post 9372, Sakura Hana wrote:Nero, if you were given a power from those availaible today which would you choose and why?
I need to think about this. I think all the powers sans detonate and petrification offer pretty equal equity and I'd have to read what all the goo colors do. So let me get back to you but for now, I lean on the track I suppose.
In post 9375, hebichan wrote:Oh sorry, I meant nero should put himself on it, not you.

I just don't see gamma and titus as scum together.
Is there a reason why you are not giving any reasons for your Nero scum read?

Why can't Gamma and Titus be a thing?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9436 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9433, Drixx wrote:I'm not sure what you want me to answer there Math. I already told you there's a flaw and gave you a hint. I don't think it's prudent at all to tell scum how to maximize utility in the current gamestate.

I mean ... I skimmed a shit load of pages from yesterday so if there's other outstanding things ... let me know but I think I already told you why I think the bomb plan is bad. You asked for a sanity check. I gave it. It's up to you whether you trust me or don't.
1) You said there is a flaw.
2) I sat down studied and analyzed and found said flaw.
3) You acknowledged I found said flaw.
4) I have been studying the plan backwards and forwards and do not see any issues with it. I have proposed this plan to everyone else with the idea that if it is bad, it will be torn down and therefore not used.
5) Therefore if you believe the plan to be flawed, you need to out the flaw as given.

As I write this to my knowledge your only concern is what if scum exists in the townblock?
A) This was countered with in that case if there is scum exclusively in the townblock then we almost certainly mislynch. Those scum would then get powers. That scum then wins. It is literally the exact same flaw as with the bomb plan mentioned earlier. I wrote out in detail why we have to decide if we trust the townblock. Whether we do or not do the bombing plan that same risk element is there.

B) If there is some other mystical flaw that you know of, it is your obligation and duty to bring it forward. We’ve already talked petrify and you were okay with mentioning the pyramid number of kills? So what could be so damning as that? And
if
such a damning thing has been overlooked by everyone isn’t it your duty to share?

So you need to take stances on mechanical things other than “risky”.
I have explained how it is not risky.
You need to interact with what I am saying.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9437 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

This is quite literally the same problem from the day petrification was offered the first time.
Like I do not understand your answer.
A sanity check includes WHY and the rational points of interaction.
Mafia is inherently a game of risk.
There is nothing we can be certain over but I feel the plan I suggested minimizes that risk.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9438 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 9388, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Agree, UFO already cleared Gamma of using any powers.

Agree, with taking Gamma off that list, I mean - (in case that wasn’t already clear).

hebi, did you check out the Nero links Sakura posted D4?
Why is Gamma being powerless an inno?

She did but she's scum and as to ignore it.

In post 9402, Sando wrote:Personally if it were confirmed Titus didn't give Ank powers I'd be looking pretty damn hard at Drixx right now. I don't see Shiro kill as a protection of "hidden" but protection of Drixx, it makes a lot more sense logically.
Why does this point to Drixx?
In post 9412, the worst wrote:This is actually either scum tmi or blatantly the worst posting I've ever seen. You're literally assuming all 3 scum are in the townblock, lol.
TBF, there's only 3 scum left so even if we
DID
hit all 3 scum in our bombing run we'd still kill town if we did more than 3. Though I'm in agreement with you that Drixx's reservations don't make much sense from a town POV.
In post 9425, MathBlade wrote:The only person to express a suspicion of scum in the townblock is Nero
I'm not exactly the only person that's suspicious of Drixx though. And I honestly have no clue why you think this is good town play coming from him. I mean, its plenty possible that he's not scum but he's prob the the first slot I'd look at after we flip the group of lurksacks and useless.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9439 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

if the game isn't over by then, of course.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9440 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, the inherent risk of the bomb plan is that if we give denominators to scum. What I'd like to kinda do is give bombs to

Nosferatu
Theta Alpine
the worst

and have them blow up

Creature
hebichan
Gamma Emerald/Kokichi Oma

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9441 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Meaning we'd go into day 6 (if the bombs don't end it) with some combination of

Drixx
Frozen Angel
MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nero Cain
Sakura Hana
Sando
Toranaga

also may no lynch today if we are doing the bombs?

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #9442 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 9440, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, the inherent risk of the bomb plan is that if we give denominators to scum. What I'd like to kinda do is give bombs to

Nosferatu
Theta Alpine
the worst

and have them blow up

Creature
hebichan
Gamma Emerald/Kokichi Oma
at this point I'd prolly rather Hebi over Theta but I can't totally work out why
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #9443 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9415, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 9393, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:But I still don’t understand your FA comment. I didn’t know what powers she had until D3 and she didn’t even claim PN until D4 iirc? So, my pick was unrelated to that. *confused*
I think I claimed day 3? or was it day 4
I think you claimed Phasing day 3 and Power Negate, day 4?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9444 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:40 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 9438, Nero Cain wrote:In post 9402, Sando wrote:
Personally if it were confirmed Titus didn't give Ank powers I'd be looking pretty damn hard at Drixx right now. I don't see Shiro kill as a protection of "hidden" but protection of Drixx, it makes a lot more sense logically.

Because Drixx was #6 who "didn't" get powers.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9445 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:46 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9431, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9393, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9389, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9384, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9362, MathBlade wrote:Throw on top of that I petrify Creature because FA and Nancy (even though I am pretty sure she doesn’t have PN mainly for FA paranoia) will have to self watch then boom. We find out if scum indeed have negate
I don’t know what FA has to do with it? I either have EH or bp. Not saying which. I have no intention of making things easier for scum.
FA has claimed PN.

I am 99.9999% sure she is not scum but self watcher proves scum have negate.
I don’t want her to try to hero save me
What we gain from petrifying Creature is too great
Goo Generation: Until the next Night Phase, anyone that successfully targets you will be covered in goo of a single color of your choice.
Petrification: Target another player. That player loses their ability to post, vote, and submit actions and no longer counts for parity.
Power Absorption: You acquire any Superpowers that successfully target you.
Power Echo: Target another player. Any targeting Superpowers this player uses this Night Phase will be used on another player of your choice in addition to their original target.
**Self-Detonation: Target another player. Both you and that player will die.
Superhuman Tracking: Target another player. You will know who that player targets this Night Phase.

**May be used during the Day but still counts against the following Night's Superpower usage. If used during the Day, resolves immediately. If used during the Night, resolves normally.
Is Power Absorbtion, self-watcher?

But I still don’t understand your FA comment. I didn’t know what powers she had until D3 and she didn’t even claim PN until D4 iirc? So, my pick was unrelated to that. *confused*
But that was on Day 4, wasn’t it? I picked my N2 power (not PN) on that night, so FA had jack to do with it. Do I need a Math translator or something? :?

It’s more FA pressured you.
I am confirmed not to have power negate having used precog multiple times now.
Pretty sure it’s just you and FA not “confirmed”

If we confirm you by giving you and FA self watchers and everything goes fine best of all possible worlds.

Which is why I want Drixx’s feedback on my plan. The fact he is dodging my risk assessment and analysis of the risk and then saying it is too risky is pissing me off.
But that wasn’t until Day 4. I picked by N2 Power (not PN obviously) on N2. Do I need a Math traslator or something? :?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9446 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:50 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9432, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9272, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9260, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9218, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9217, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9164, MathBlade wrote:To be clear Creature has to die before the start of the next day.

I just want us to plan out how.
Where is this 180 coming from anyway? Weren’t you hard defending him last day phase. What changed?
I did as I said I read Titus’s meta. I had not seen that game. Therefore my logic I used to townread Creature was flawed. Titus could indeed be that stupid which I feel bad for her scumbuddies. It’s pretty much as close to throwing as one can get. It’s why outed scum lolcats.
I will address this late tonight. Can’t do it while working.
Numbers/Titus/Creature? = scum dreamteam. :P. Well considering it’s now D5 and there are 3 scum still left in the game - 2, if you don’t include Creature. What are the odds of RNG being this bad for scum? If your theory is correct, then they’re is at least one really deep wolf - if not two left in the game. Can you think of anyone left in the game - in or outside of the townblock, who might be capable of pulling that off?
Inside the townblock, Drixx or FA maybe. Sakura and you I don’t know enough about.

Outside the townblock UFO maybe? I don’t know a lot of scum metas outside it and those I know don’t really do mechanics that much.
Well, as I already said to Stun, I’ve never actually been scum, not just on MS but ANYWHERE. Lol.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9447 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9435, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 9363, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well, I was initially suspicious because
I didn’t see why you were scumreading me on the Drixx
thing
In post 8682, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I wasn’t entirely convinced about your Drixx argument and asked you some questions to understand your case on him better.
I can totally understand why in your mind, that makes me lockscum
just found that pretty funny.
In post 9364, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9323, Nero Cain wrote:my suggestion for the day would be Math bombs ppl tonight but I don't trust him to be mature enough to self-detonate.
Why would you want Math to self-detonate? :?
In post 9366, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Most likely town!Nero not being a fan but if he was serious.

However tbf, I can understand why he thinks you’re being annoying.
:up:

In post 9372, Sakura Hana wrote:Nero, if you were given a power from those availaible today which would you choose and why?
I need to think about this. I think all the powers sans detonate and petrification offer pretty equal equity and I'd have to read what all the goo colors do. So let me get back to you but for now, I lean on the track I suppose.
In post 9375, hebichan wrote:Oh sorry, I meant nero should put himself on it, not you.

I just don't see gamma and titus as scum together.
Is there a reason why you are not giving any reasons for your Nero scum read?

Why can't Gamma and Titus be a thing?
Lololol. That second quote of mine was intended to be facetious.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9448 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

uh huh...

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9449 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:01 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9438, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 9388, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Agree, UFO already cleared Gamma of using any powers.

Agree, with taking Gamma off that list, I mean - (in case that wasn’t already clear).

hebi, did you check out the Nero links Sakura posted D4?
Why is Gamma being powerless an inno?

She did but she's scum and as to ignore it.

In post 9402, Sando wrote:Personally if it were confirmed Titus didn't give Ank powers I'd be looking pretty damn hard at Drixx right now. I don't see Shiro kill as a protection of "hidden" but protection of Drixx, it makes a lot more sense logically.
In post 9412, the worst wrote:This is actually either scum tmi or blatantly the worst posting I've ever seen. You're literally assuming all 3 scum are in the townblock, lol.
TBF, there's only 3 scum left so even if we
DID
hit all 3 scum in our bombing run we'd still kill town if we did more than 3. Though I'm in agreement with you that Drixx's reservations don't make much sense from a town POV.
In post 9425, MathBlade wrote:The only person to express a suspicion of scum in the townblock is Nero
I'm not exactly the only person that's suspicious of Drixx though. And I honestly have no clue why you think this is good town play coming from him. I mean, its plenty possible that he's not scum but he's prob the the first slot I'd look at after we flip the group of lurksacks and useless.
It’s not, only that UFO determined that he didn’t use a power that night, so it’s of course still conceivable that he could have had one and holstered it but unless he had reason to anticipate UFO checking him, why wouldn’t he have used a power if he had one? or he could have also have conceivably forgotten to submit an action but the point is, this finding isn’t indicative of Gamma being the hidden scum.

Fwiw, I’ve come close on given up trying to understand either Math or Drixxspeak. My brain hurts a lot less that way. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”