Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9450 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

or you know...Gamma doesn't have a power.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9451 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like sure, Gamma didn't use a power so we know he was not given one or didn't use one and you're right, that's not evidence of him being scum but its also not evidence of him being town. Check is null to me.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #9452 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9450, Nero Cain wrote:or you know...Gamma doesn't have a power.
Yes, that’s what it’s currently looking like, is my point. So, therefore he shouldn’t be in the getting bombed category based on that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9453 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

and I disagree. Just b/c he's not the "hidden scum" doesn't mean we should not be NOT flipping him. Unless you think he's like totally town which I'd like to hear why.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9454 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:16 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9451, Nero Cain wrote:like sure, Gamma didn't use a power so we know he was not given one or didn't use one and you're right, that's not evidence of him being scum but its also not evidence of him being town. Check is null to me.
Agree and if UFO confirms someone tonight outside of the townblock of having a power -
someone whom Titus didn’t claim to pick for a Superhero
- we know that, they’re almost certainly confiscum.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #9455 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 9453, Nero Cain wrote:and I disagree. Just b/c he's not the "hidden scum" doesn't mean we should not be NOT flipping him. Unless you think he's like totally town which I'd like to hear why.
That’s a fair point, there could be more than one hidden scum but only one who got a power instead of Ank. So, being confirmed as not having used a power on the night UFO checks them doesn’t clear anyone of not being scum, only does not implicate them of using a hidden power on that particular night.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9456 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:13 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 9455, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 9453, Nero Cain wrote:and I disagree. Just b/c he's not the "hidden scum" doesn't mean we should not be NOT flipping him. Unless you think he's like totally town which I'd like to hear why.
That’s a fair point, there could be more than one hidden scum but only one who got a power instead of Ank. So, being confirmed as not having used a power on the night UFO checks them doesn’t clear anyone of not being scum, only does not implicate them of using a hidden power on that particular night.
it doesn't, yeah. I actually have an extremely weak power.

I feel uneasy with drixx btw. I think the worst said they were scummy, and while I don't exactly feel the same way, I also don't feel he was ever really towny and I'm not sure I believe he honestly believes killing our entire POE is a bad thing. that suicide bombing will absolutely trash mafia, because even if they're all outside of the POE, we're gonna nuke all of their possible mislynches while not giving mafia any night kills. IDK exactly how the bombing works but it can NEVER be a bad thing, unless we give the ability to mafia.

I volunteer to do it too btw. if people are scared of giving it to POE'd down players and they end up nuking half the town, just give it to me cause you know I'm town, right? RIGHT?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9457 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 am

Post by Toranaga »

how are we multiplying the use of self detonation? it seems like it can only trigger on one player

also that's something we'd only use tomorrow right?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9458 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:46 am

Post by Toranaga »

I'm gonna be ISOing for the next two hours gl me
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9459 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:55 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 3262, Creature wrote:
In post 3218, hebichan wrote:TBFH I'm just worry we're going to no lynch because math TvTs me because I vote mylo and you TvT me for voting muffin and I'm sitting here having no good read on either.

It's a really annoying position to be in because I really, really just want to lynch titus.

Also- I'm voting for FA tonight.
Oh, Math TvTing again lol
am I the only one who strong scumreads this post?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9460 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:01 am

Post by Toranaga »

@FA ISO hebichan
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9461 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:21 am

Post by Toranaga »

random thought I had: we have two flipped town players who voted for titus on n1 (bbmolla and cerberus). that's evidence pointing towards no actual coordination from the wolves to make titus leader, because we now know the wolves did not need to coordinate votes on titus to make her leader. I'll also note that titus mainly only used her leadership to try and slide into the towncore, and the way she spoke about being elected by town points to knowing she had to be voted by town in order to be leader. do we remember who casted the 3rd vote on her? that might actually be a 3rd town player doing so.

I'm starting my ISOs with hebichan cause it's a name that's been thrown around a lot and I never had any grasp of how he was playing... which is interesting cause it means nothing hebi wrote in real time was impactful enough for me to lean either way. considering we're day 5 already, that's kind of an alarming sign.
In post 338, hebichan wrote:I will renominate kokichi for leader tomorrow.

Other than that, I don't really need any power, but it would be nice to have one since I am town and I know my own alignment.
I think hebi started really awkward in his first 4 posts. he talks about voting kokichi as leader, or about kokichi in every single one of them. the one I quoted has bad phrasing throughout: saying he'll renominate the same player next day when d1 just started points to a disinterest in solving people's alignments and casting leader votes on likely town. the whole thing about asking for powers while saying he doesn't need them is very awkward phrased. there's this insistence in talking about the mechanical aspect of the game early on that I dislike. I don't think town fixates on that aspect of the game, and you'll remember the other person who was fixated in leader votes was scum!titus.

reading up the rest.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9462 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:27 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I wouldnt advocate neither Nero nor Tora being the suicide bombers, if anything i'd think they should be in the townbloc. I only had my doubts of Tora coz he dissapeared, but it was justified according to FA and i like his content since he came back too.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9463 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9457, Toranaga wrote:how are we multiplying the use of self detonation? it seems like it can only trigger on one player

Player A gets bomb explodes on B
Player C gets bomb explodes on D
Player E gets bomb explodes on F

Powers chosen tonight can be used tonight

So this is something we would use tonight.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9464 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:28 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

That reminds me I need to pick candidates for leadership for tomorrow dont I.
I have been thinking about it but i cant make up my mind.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9465 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9464, Sakura Hana wrote:That reminds me I need to pick candidates for leadership for tomorrow dont I.
I would say to nominate myself and Nancy.

The reason being is the townblock likely is all town and I am using powers that mean I can’t use protection or self watch so maybe Drixx doctors me tonight and Nancy as the backup would remove the doubling up on leaders that Sando has worried about.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9466 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:35 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 9465, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9464, Sakura Hana wrote:That reminds me I need to pick candidates for leadership for tomorrow dont I.

The reason being is the townblock likely is all town and I am using powers that mean I can’t use protection or self watch so maybe Drixx doctors me tonight and Nancy as the backup would remove the doubling up on leaders that Sando has worried about.
You 2 arent the only ones in the townbloc, I'm not 100% sure it's a bad thing to get FA yet again leader.
But in any case, there's something I just realized. Tora has an ability that gives him information on what people are doing, yet has no protection, why pray tell, is he not dead yet, specially over Sando if Tora's seen as super townie too. My theory is that probably scum dont see his ability as a threat.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9467 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:39 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 9466, Sakura Hana wrote:specially over Sando
*over stungun

Damn those names sounds similar and I got confused xD
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9468 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9466, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 9465, MathBlade wrote:

You 2 arent the only ones in the townbloc, I'm not 100% sure it's a bad thing to get FA yet again leader.
But in any case, there's something I just realized. Tora has an ability that gives him information on what people are doing, yet has no protection, why pray tell, is he not dead yet, specially over Sando if Tora's seen as super townie too. My theory is that probably scum dont see his ability as a threat.
Agreed there on Toranaga’s powers.

His “check” yesterday to be frank if town didn’t confirm anything. Not that he isn’t scum only if scum he didn’t use a power. So his “check” didn’t prove anyone red or green. This further validates the townblock is town

And regarding leaders I see your point about FA being leader again. It’s more I was giving weight to Sando’s thoughts and balancing that. Myself and FA would still be good choices.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9469 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9451, Nero Cain wrote:like sure, Gamma didn't use a power so we know he was not given one or didn't use one and you're right, that's not evidence of him being scum but its also not evidence of him being town. Check is null to me.
This.

Omg I agree with Nero
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9470 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:44 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I was only thinking of doing something different, not saying that FA SHOULD be leader again, i just dont see the issue with her being leader again.

My theory proposal is Nero and Tora. They cant defend themselves but i can give them power so they can go self watcher, plus scum cant kill both (petrify doesnt remove a player from becoming leader).

Literally anyone else in the townbloc have a way of defending themselves, but if Nero or Tora is too much of a problem then FA can go for leadership too.

This isnt an exact proposal, but I wanna know opinions.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9471 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:50 am

Post by Toranaga »

all hebi's posts are talking about mechanics until this:
In post 413, hebichan wrote:VOTE: alisae
Being serious here, uhh I townread Sando so far, and FA, I think.

1-9 seems fine. As does Cerb.

I need more kokichi content to determine his alignment.
when hebi says he is "being serious here", I wonder if this is because he realises voting alisae is goofy and a potential derpclear? because the only reason someone has to vote alisae is if they don't understand alisae isn't actually a player that can get voted off, and if that's the case, he has no reason to say he is "being serious here".

there's some minor stuff with the phrasing otherwise that reads as disingenuous. needing more from kokichi "to determine his alignment" is actually... too deterministic. you can hardly tell if you're going to determine someone's alignment just because they're posting more content. it points to wolf mindset of knowing alignments but wanting people to work on the game so he can townread them.

#427 is empty. those are reads a wolf makes.
In post 1012, hebichan wrote:There are way too many voices for me to really sort properly. But I think Ank is my biggest town read atm. So I'm gonna sheep it till I feel like I have a better feel here.

VOTE: nancy drew
he "thinks" someone is his biggest town read? and is just sheeping on nancy instead of determining nancy. also look at the excuses not to make reads here.

#1014 is another empty attempt at making reads. "Sando is town, but way too concerned about certain things..." is drudgesiren.gif worthy. "concerned about certain things" isn't a read on sando's alignment and is only there to make the post look thoughtful.

#1046 has a good vote on gamma for good reasons, and he follows with a list of possible lynches that contained both titus and 1-9, other than gamma. considering I do scumread gamma, that is a good sign but I've seen no reasonable progression from hebichan that he is now conveniently scumreading 1-9 here. he was townreading 1-9 and suddenly that's added to his lynch pool. it could be for peer pressure because of people scumreading the slot anyway.
In post 1264, hebichan wrote:I didn't like some of nancy's earlier post, specially floating titus as a leader candidate.

Gamma I already explained. I feel like Gamma is more forced than normal, he always has a bit of a weird perspective but he doesn't usually type redundant statements.

The post I quoted before is a clear sign of someone trying to force content.
first good hebichan post. I agree with his thoughts on gamma at any rate. #1269, however, has a strong scumread on nancy and desire to get her lynched that's surprising to me given how very little he wrote about nancy this game. his nancy vote started with sheeping ankamius about it, which grew into what feels like an associative read that nancy was scum with titus, but not pushing titus, and then all of a sudden that's his preferred lynch. considering titus and 1-9 were both getting massive amounts of heat, pointing at a different direction here when there was very little in his ISO that supported it is a sign of scum motivated posting by trying to get town lynched while not associating himself with the wagoned scum.
In post 1544, hebichan wrote:
In post 767, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Sando puts more effort into their posts than anyone else in the game - probably town

I like how UFO is pushing people hard.

Brass is definitely different here than he was in Necro - a lot more content. I like his thought processes.

FA seems to have good tone.

I’m really liking Titus - plenty of nuanced reads, good interactions, plus is adorable.

Human seems okay so far, I will need to see more from him

Gamma seems okay, some posts seem to be a bit contradictory but tone seems villagery.

Random needs to start posting more. Seems like disinterested villa

Need more on Katsuki, Kokichi and Chick

Numbers - troll lol. Are they scum or just obvious mislynchbait?
This one, I dunno.

There's just a lot there with not much substance, and she knocks off numbes as a "troll".

A lot of talk about "tone".
this resonates with me, though. there's a lot in that nancy post that does not look great, especially the part about numbers now that we know numbers was mafia.

I'd really like hebichan to have explained his thought processes more and better. there seems to be a lot of awkward stances but I like the weight of his pushes on nancy and gamma. I need to read his D2 etc but it's a long ISO so I'll take my time and move to something else.

gun to head: no idea.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9472 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:51 am

Post by Creature »

Yo, I'm bored.

Can someone entertain me?
Sigh
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9473 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:51 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

btw Tora, hebi's a she
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9474 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:52 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 9463, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9457, Toranaga wrote:how are we multiplying the use of self detonation? it seems like it can only trigger on one player

Player A gets bomb explodes on B
Player C gets bomb explodes on D
Player E gets bomb explodes on F

Powers chosen tonight can be used tonight

So this is something we would use tonight.
so... we're giving powers to a bunch of POE'd down players today? that seems unwise.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”