Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #10075 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10051, Toranaga wrote:and yes, I think sakura's strong townread on nero is a very good sign and I have the same feelings of just trusting sakura's assessment and go with that.
+1
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10076 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Ugh, guys, i do have a strong townread on Nero, i gave u links so you can judge for yourselves, coz i'd feel bad if i am blindly trusted on it and then im wrong, i'd be the one cause of a town loss and then my already low self steem would take an even bigger hit. I dont have self confidence enough to shove down a read through people's throats, but i do give my reasoning so people can judge on their own.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10077 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10068, Theta Alpine wrote:well i was hoping power echo on a self det would cause the person who used power echo to also die
but that is not the case

however out of the abilities that scum could have picked
i kind of doubt power echo would be one of them
Did the mod actually tell you that?

And have you forgotten about Petrification?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10078 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10070, Theta Alpine wrote:having two people use the bomb during the day may work best
staggering the shots also so we can use the first two flips to get info for the next shot
The only 2 people could do this safely are the leader and whicheve superhero who is Doc protected.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10079 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10063, the worst wrote:Everyone's just repeating themselves and talking in super general terms this game tho so whatever. Give me an actual example of something bad that could actually happen.
here is something horrible that can happen, and has been on my mind for some time now:

first look at this: viewtopic.php?p=10389434#p10389434

but don't just skim it; study it.

a bad scenario here, for instance, is mathblade being scum who lied about picking stungun on n4 (yes he said he picked stungun as his 5th and stungun died at night). if mathblade is scum, he 100% lied about stungun too. so we had n4 where 2 out of 3 scum players got abilities.

what abilities would scum pick?

considering we were already talking about the bomb idea, and math knew all the powers beforehand, math and his scumbuddy can both have picked echo, or his scumbuddy can have picked impenetrable skin, and math could have taken FFG. in the case of math and scumbuddy both taking protectives, only one scum could be killed with the sui bombing plan and that scum would be mathblade, who isn't even a bomb target. if both math and his scumbuddy picked echo, they can duplicate the suicide bombing kills on other players and any combination of these will make it look like A suicide bombed B and died with it instead of scum just manipulating the kills.

if we don't know who is doing the suicide bombing or who they're bombing with them, then we can't know anything about the night actions if sakura died at night. and sakura can die at night 100%. power negation will go through impenetrable skin and any other ability that targets the player. we'll be shooting blind while scum takes advantage of all the dead town and all the wifom that creates.

if my words can't convince you, just take the time to think about the scenarios here. it's really not hard to figure out why this is bad.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10080 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10067, the worst wrote:we kill scum = we win

this is a dayplay heavy setup y'all are getting way too snobby about the power bullshit
there's 100% scum agreeing with the bombing plan btw

how haven't you picked up on it? all of these lurking slimy slots coming out of the woodwork to say how much they like our bombing plan. you should be second guessing yourself now. why aren't you?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10081 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Who, theta? TW? me? Like if we just pretend that scum can't fuck with the bomb plan then its gold on its merit. It either kills scum or takes about all their mislynch targets. You are right that there is risk involved though so...eh.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10082 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 10076, Sakura Hana wrote:and then im wrong
but you aren't wrong so don't worry. The only two people to call me scum (Hebi and Math, though Math walked his back) have been too scared to confront me.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10083 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10081, Nero Cain wrote:Who, theta? TW? me? Like if we just pretend that scum can't fuck with the bomb plan then its gold on its merit. It either kills scum or takes about all their mislynch targets. You are right that there is risk involved though so...eh.
a protected town player who picks sui can use it as a day action with no risk of being echoed. that's the best use of this ability and there's already a plan in motion for sando to do it. we won't nuke half the game, but we'll essentially have a dayvig that doesn't waste town numbers like the other plan.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10084 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10083, Toranaga wrote:
In post 10081, Nero Cain wrote:Who, theta? TW? me? Like if we just pretend that scum can't fuck with the bomb plan then its gold on its merit. It either kills scum or takes about all their mislynch targets. You are right that there is risk involved though so...eh.
a protected town player who picks sui can use it as a day action with no risk of being echoed. that's the best use of this ability and there's already a plan in motion for sando to do it. we won't nuke half the game, but we'll essentially have a dayvig that doesn't waste town numbers like the other plan.
In post 10083, Toranaga wrote:
Yes, that’s what I meant, a
protected town player

In post 9854, The Dream Weaver wrote:
Votecount 5.3
Leader: Sakura Hana

Kokichi Oma (3):
Kokichi Oma, the worst, hebichan

MathBlade(1):
Toranaga
Nosferatu (1):
Creature

Creature (0):

Drixx (0):

Frozen Angel (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

hebichan (0):

Nancy Drew 39 (0):

Nero Cain (0):

Sando (0):

Theta Alpine(0):

the worst (0):

Toranaga (0):

Not Voting (10):
Drixx, Frozen Angel, Gamma Emerald, MathBlade, Nancy Drew 39, Nero Cain, Nosferatu, Sakura Hana, Sando, Theta Alpine

With
players, it takes
to lynch.
The day ends in (expired on 2018-08-20 11:00:00).

Frozen Angel has asked for replacement.

Abilities Available for Acquisition

Goo Generation:
Until the next Night Phase, anyone that successfully targets you will be covered in goo of a single color of your choice.
Petrification:
Target another player. That player loses their ability to post, vote, and submit actions and no longer counts for parity.
Power Absorption:
You acquire any Superpowers that successfully target you.
Power Echo:
Target another player. Any targeting Superpowers this player uses this Night Phase will be used on another player of your choice in addition to their original target.
**Self-Detonation:
Target another player. Both you and that player will die.
Superhuman Tracking:
Target another player. You will know who that player targets this Night Phase.

**May be used during the Day but still counts against the following Night's Superpower usage. If used during the Day, resolves immediately. If used during the Night, resolves normally.
If there is no bp and Drixx Docs Nero, then how is Sando protected?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10085 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Catching up now.

Is there anything that is immediate?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10086 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10085, MathBlade wrote:Catching up now.

Is there anything that is immediate?
what ability did you pick last night?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10087 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Toranaga »

7. The presiding Leader cannot die except in LYLO/MYLO or if a no lynch is achieved.

we have a new plan
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10088 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10087, Toranaga wrote:7. The presiding Leader cannot die except in LYLO/MYLO or if a no lynch is achieved.

we have a new plan
So obviously, we have to have a lynch. Am I missing something?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10089 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9760, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9722, Frozen Angel wrote:Math I will literally kill you irl if you petrify anyone unless if only one scum is remaining. Hopefully there is also a healer around to revert the effect then for a safe victory
What a joy to come back to this.

FA this post is way over a line. I get that you and I disagree on setup. You have officially killed my will to care about anything in this game. I understand you are a passionate player. I know you as a person and I don’t think you would actually do this. However the mere fact you would threaten my in body persona of a game in order to win it is downright disgusting.

Especially to someone who you believe is on your own team. You made your points earlier and I said I was fine with bombing Creature if no Petrification. I took SS in order to try to trick scum into wasting a negate on me because I figured Sakura and you were higher priority targets.

However if I am going to be treated like the person behind the keyboard is not worth breaking simply for a different mechanical stance then even though I think Sakura’s plan is the best I withdraw my support for it. Right now I am trying to convince myself to care about this game as a whole.

If the townblock is going to threaten any voice that disagrees with bodily harm or other things that cross site rules I would rather have fun than continue to discuss the point. It won’t change my belief.

However that being said if we aren’t doing 3 doing none is the safer option after three. Two still doesn’t alleviate the townblock problem (neither does any but zero is still a little bit more risky than three)

Risk ordering: three zero one two

And for those of you who wish to know I am town I have literally nothing to offer you. I have not played this game to townfirm myself only to try to help us win. I broke down all of the math and the numbers and asked several times for input from people who I knew mechanics knowledge are sound and they did not provide a flaw other than what is in the town block.

I just really don’t care right now.

If anyone has any questions let me know. Otherwise I am checking out of this thread before I become a pile of mush.
I took SS.

Now UFO I have a serious question for you. Are you gonna blow up on me tonight? Because I think having a suicide bomb go off in the town core is exactly what scum want. I figure I'd like a chance to make a last will of sorts if you are and I have a work project and RL I have to focus on in the next few days. I'm going to catch up here see where things are at and if there's anything I need to address, but I'd like to know if these are likely a bit of last words so to speak or if you're not. I think that if we use the bombs at all we need to use them in a smart way. And I would like to know if you're blowing me up so I know how to plan my RL schedule accordingly.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10090 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10088, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10087, Toranaga wrote:7. The presiding Leader cannot die except in LYLO/MYLO or if a no lynch is achieved.

we have a new plan
the leader should pick suicide bombing and use it as a day action as the leader cannot die except in lylo or if no lynch is achieved
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #10091 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 10077, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10068, Theta Alpine wrote:well i was hoping power echo on a self det would cause the person who used power echo to also die
but that is not the case

yes

and probably because i fail to see what you mean by that

regardless please either give me a bomb
kill me with a bomb
or lynch me now because i am fairly certain scum will try to save me as a mislynch this game
as for petri and me
if i get petrified on the superhero list and no one claims it then assume i self-petrified for whatever reason
unless anyone appears white on the vote count
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10092 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10090, Toranaga wrote:

we have a new plan
the leader should pick suicide bombing and use it as a day action as the leader cannot die except in lylo or if no lynch is achieved
That’s precisely what I was suggesting about Sakura but then I realized, it’s
tomorrow’s
leader who gets dayvig. D’oh. :oops:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10093 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by Toranaga »

wait math, you said you took SS?

did you use precog last night? if so, what are tomorrow's powers?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10094 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10092, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

we have a new plan
tomorrow’s
yes dear

me and nero pick sui

whoever is alive bombs someone tomorrow

easy game
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10095 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9941, Toranaga wrote:let me explain to you very succintly why this sucks

1 - scum was elected leader on n1 and we don't know how many wolves got powers that day. we don't know what their powers are. we don't know who titus gave power to instead of ankamius.
2 - if scum slipped into the towncore as well, then they have a lot of powers by now and can absolutely fuck our "bombing plan" up in many ways.
3 - scum can negate, redirect, amplify or BP themselves against the suicides
4 - flipping everyone in a POE and then determine that whoever we don't flip is scum does not fucking work cause there will be situations where scum just WIFOMs the fuck out of it
5 - we are playing a horribly townsided setup where we elect a leader and we know the majority of players who got powers and which powers are those. we have informative, protective and other types of abilities that will always lead to a town win as long as we don't fuck this up. we benefit from playing slowly because we gain a ton of information every gameday. we control the abilities. we bulletproof our towniest people. nuking an entire POE that's actually way too big and could be wrong is the fucking worst plan ever.

so please the worst, you just stop this mate. I know you're bored with the game and want to nuke everyone. that's not the proper way to play this though, and I'm not gonna stand by it.

I'm especially not gonna stand by it when that was also FA's opinion and unfortunately she had to not be in this game anymore cause mathblade's AtE. which honestly is pretty disgusting if you're scum, math. I hope you're not. I think you might be.
Hang on a second here.

My AtE was not disgusting. First of all, you don't know me. And you don't know the IRL shit I have been through. Online and IRL I have been the victim of several IRL attacks. That post was after calming down a bit. FA was freaking out over being reported. There are site rules for a reason. Independent of my alignment (hint it's town) I am well within my rights to not just take threats to my life idly by for how I am playing a fucking game. There are disagreements. There will always be disagreements as this is mafia. I should NOT have to come online to see posting that makes me want to curl in a corner and hide. Even if I was scum (hint I'm not) I absolutely make the posting I have done with no regrets. FA IMHO completely understood that crossed a line and apologized. That may be cool where she is, but it is not cool on MS. I come here to play with friends. Not try to figure out whether a death threat is legitimate. I can take being called stupid, dumb, my plans idiotic. That's fine. That's why I opened them up to examination.

It's why I freaking suggested the town block that I helped suggest to Sakura in the goddamn first place take BP and SS so that way nothing short of a miracle could get through. Because I have faith in this town. Now as scum (which I'm not) why the ever lovingfuck would I make an army of confirmed town that I can't kill? I specifically devised that plan in mind so that scum would have to out that specific night and you could even fucking validate that I use precog that night. Like I understand paranoia, but calling me disgusting for that?

I have yet to see a case here or anything of the sort to interact with here at all. The reason we are in this state is because I am bending over backwards to make sure to try to be cooperative yet at the same time argue for what I think is best.

For me to be scum I would have to have a death wish:

A) Inextricably link myself to Titus despite "bussing" her ("bussing" is in quotes as it's literally impossible for me to bus as I am town)
B) Make sure everyone who knows my scum meta is unkillable so at any time they could “out” me if I ever repeat it.
C) Argue for a plan well beyond it’s “agreeable” point thus highlighting my slot
D) Willingly share powers the day before instead of saying "No! I need to be BP." or "Help me be protected".
E) Not anticipate all power avenues and sort them out accordingly. That's something I always do as scum.
F) Advocate for this specific block when asked about it multiple times by Sakura

Like I don't understand your case on me, I don't understand why you're suspicious about the bombs, and I don't understand anything you're saying and quite frankly each time I read it I feel like my brain is in a blender.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10096 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10091, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 10077, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
but that is not the case

yes

and probably because i fail to see what you mean by that

regardless please either give me a bomb
kill me with a bomb
or lynch me now because i am fairly certain scum will try to save me as a mislynch this game
as for petri and me
if i get petrified on the superhero list and no one claims it then assume i self-petrified for whatever reason
unless anyone appears white on the vote count
Did you ask the mod, if self-Petrification was a thing? I thought you could only use that on others? I’m assuming my HT power is the same? Iow, I can’t unpetrify myself.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10097 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10093, Toranaga wrote:wait math, you said you took SS?

I couldn't use any powers last night.

I used Precog during the day which will register as being used during the last day night cycle.

I have not used it yet today.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10098 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10094, Toranaga wrote:
In post 10092, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

we have a new plan
tomorrow’s
yes dear

me and nero pick sui

whoever is alive bombs someone tomorrow

easy game
+1
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10099 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10097, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10093, Toranaga wrote:wait math, you said you took SS?

I couldn't use any powers last night.

I used Precog during the day which will register as being used during the last day night cycle.

I have not used it yet today.
you're caught.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”