Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10100 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by Toranaga »

mathblade is scum.

read SS:

*Super Strength: Any actions you take this Night Phase cannot be blocked or manipulated.

THIS NIGHT PHASE.

he says he picked SS and didn't even use a night action. he strongmanned nothing? that's bullshit. mathblade is lying.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10101 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7604, MathBlade wrote:Colored Fruit Vendor
Petrification
Reflexive Power Mimicry (in other words you get hit with a power you get it)
Power Echo
Self Detonation (available during the day)
Tracker

Still at work people

I used it during the day.
This is literally the list of powers.
It will register as showing up at night. That's in the description of precog. You only validated that I indeed fucking used it.

Which the first post tells you about.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10102 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10100, Toranaga wrote:mathblade is scum.

read SS:

*Super Strength: Any actions you take this Night Phase cannot be blocked or manipulated.

THIS NIGHT PHASE.

he says he picked SS and didn't even use a night action. he strongmanned nothing? that's bullshit. mathblade is lying.
Again, I took it so I could 100% petrify Creature. I took a look at the Sakura meta and I believed it. So I formulated a plan that I thought best to help us win and I argued for it. This is something you would have brought up the first time. I have no regrets over the actions I chose. I did them and I pitched my plan and it was rejected.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10103 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I literally CAN'T have done anything else. Explain how I'm "caught" when I'm outright open and outed as using Precog. Dude.. You're like literally grasping at straws here.

So you're either scum or need to chill the fuck out take your goddamn pick. Because you make no sense right now.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10104 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

If you believe I am scum, which again I am not, I am one of the best scum players deserving of this paranoia for a reason. You need to sit the fuck down and rationally make an argument.
You're going to have to address the points that I have mentioned to you and explain how exactly I am being scum, because these "aha" gotcha posts are not going to do anything. It's in town's best interest to help sort me so we can confirm that I indeed did give stun a power and then can IMHO resolve a majority of what is going on.

So please if you still think I'm scum then go back and make a case. Everyone will be better off for it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10105 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 10029, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 10023, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Also, as long as we don’t no lynch, Sakura is immune from all killing abilities.
Not tomorrow, Drixx concern is that if i give bomb to scum, they can just take me out at the start of the next day phase instead of during the night.
Also im still not sure on the use of the bomb, but if i DO use it, the player that has the superpower will be hidden until tomorrow, so Drixx should still protect Nero, and if scum wants to shoot into the lynchpool to try to hit him then they are helping us thin the lynchpool anyway.
If they take you out with a triggered activation, you cannot confirm to whom you offered powers, which could leave a nifty mess in the morning ... especially since you were at one point talking about non-specific pairing. Sure you can say ahead of time but ... that's just the tip of the iceberg on shenanigans. That's what I felt like I could say because there's an obvious way to prevent it being a huge deal and if scum want to trade out 1-for-1 then that's fine.

There's a whole host of other things.

You taking bomb and setting it off at night while you cannot die seems like a clever usage. I'm wondering why it took quite this long for anyone to get there but whatever. That also means I can doc someone who also takes it and sets it off at night. That person basically becomes the scum kill choice though I would think.

Still ... if we can pull it of that takes the downside out of the suicide bomb. You can't die and I can keep someone else from dying.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10106 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 10034, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10011, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 10005, Drixx wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what kind of inane thought process put you up for primary leader.
Because this is Nero's town meta with 95% certainty. You're free to look it up on your own if you dont believe me.
I’m fine with Nero for leader candidate.
There's two questions which are pertinent to the decision on that:

1.) Are we CERTAIN the person is town?
2.) Will the person be responsible and actually help town with the position?

I'm not convinced on the latter. So far all I've seen Nero do this game is tunnel so far up my ass he could floss for me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10107 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10105, Drixx wrote:
In post 10023, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Also, as long as we don’t no lynch, Sakura is immune from all killing abilities.
Not tomorrow, Drixx concern is that if i give bomb to scum, they can just take me out at the start of the next day phase instead of during the night.
Also im still not sure on the use of the bomb, but if i DO use it, the player that has the superpower will be hidden until tomorrow, so Drixx should still protect Nero, and if scum wants to shoot into the lynchpool to try to hit him then they are helping us thin the lynchpool anyway.
If they take you out with a triggered activation, you cannot confirm to whom you offered powers, which could leave a nifty mess in the morning ... especially since you were at one point talking about non-specific pairing. Sure you can say ahead of time but ... that's just the tip of the iceberg on shenanigans. That's what I felt like I could say because there's an obvious way to prevent it being a huge deal and if scum want to trade out 1-for-1 then that's fine.

You taking bomb and setting it off at night while you cannot die seems like a clever usage. I'm wondering why it took quite this long for anyone to get there but whatever. That also means I can doc someone who also takes it and sets it off at night. That person basically becomes the scum kill choice though I would think.

Still ... if we can pull it of that takes the downside out of the suicide bomb. You can't die and I can keep someone else from dying.
So wait what's the idea? Sorry I'm catching up. I'm having to put in some insane hours at work for a deadline. I'd like a chance to know what's going on and to make sure we're not doing something silly.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10108 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

@Drixx

I can find one slight issue with that.

Most suicide bombs require the user to die.

I would make sure we ask the mod if the effect still fires if the first person lives and that a suicide bomb isn’t voluntarily giving up protection.

If the mod says yes the bomb still fires and Sakura’s immunity is still intact I am all for that.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10109 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Drixx »

read SS:

THIS NIGHT PHASE.

You are misunderstanding the power description.

SS has that effect
whenever you use it
. When you take the power, you do not automatically use it. You acquire a power each time the leader puts you on the team. You may choose one power to use. I have two now, for example. Anyone who took SS will get that benefit
the night phase in which it is in effect BECAUSE THEY USED IT

It's not a "I have this other power so I take SS and it empowers my normal power just this one night" thing.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10110 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 10108, MathBlade wrote:@Drixx

I would make sure we ask the mod if the effect still fires if the first person lives and that a suicide bomb isn’t voluntarily giving up protection.

If the mod says yes the bomb still fires and Sakura’s immunity is still intact I am all for that.
Well yeah obviously. Gotta check and see what the mod says. Specifically it's going to require Sakura to ask because the mod won't answer questions about BP interactions right now (See rules about how long we have to ask about power interactions).
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10111 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

2. I will only answer questions about a Superpower for the first Day and Night Phase after it has been revealed.

This is true.

What I have found to help with this rule is to ask a complicated question that involves one of the new powers.

The immunity itself is off the table as that has been revealed.

However what is not off the table is asking how suicide bomber and immunity interact as suicide bombers as suicide bomber is in the list of powers revealed today.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10112 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10109, Drixx wrote:

read SS:

THIS NIGHT PHASE.

SS has that effect
whenever you use it
. When you take the power, you do not automatically use it. You acquire a power each time the leader puts you on the team. You may choose one power to use. I have two now, for example. Anyone who took SS will get that benefit

It's not a "I have this other power so I take SS and it empowers my normal power just this one night" thing.
ah, right. I did misinterpret it.

math, you can use precog today right?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10113 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10112, Toranaga wrote:
In post 10109, Drixx wrote:

read SS:

THIS NIGHT PHASE.

SS has that effect
whenever you use it

ah, right. I did misinterpret it.

math, you can use precog today right?
Sure can.

I just haven’t yet because we are still planning stuff. I am still reading but I have no problem using it once we are settled.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10114 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by Toranaga »

you don't plan on using petrification anymore, right? until there's 1 scum left
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10115 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Toranaga »

math, do you think titus took precog or faked it?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #10116 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10106, Drixx wrote:
In post 10034, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10011, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 10005, Drixx wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what kind of inane thought process put you up for primary leader.
Because this is Nero's town meta with 95% certainty. You're free to look it up on your own if you dont believe me.
I’m fine with Nero for leader candidate.
There's two questions which are pertinent to the decision on that:

1.) Are we CERTAIN the person is town?
2.) Will the person be responsible and actually help town with the position?

I'm not convinced on the latter. So far all I've seen Nero do this game is tunnel so far up my ass he could floss for me.
Have you clicked on the links Sakura posted about Nero’s meta? His town/scum meta is like night and day.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10117 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10115, Toranaga wrote:math, do you think titus took precog or faked it?
I know someone on her team took it, else what happened day two doesn't happen. Titus hates being blind so it makes sense she would prioritize that. I think it's more likely she faked it and a buddy picked it up based on how she tried to survive EOD.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10118 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10114, Toranaga wrote:you don't plan on using petrification anymore, right? until there's 1 scum left
Plans are one thing. Reality is another matter. I am 99% sure I'll end up triggering precog before end of day today and sharing it. I don't want to cause undo chaos by triggering it now and then someone going "no no OMG " and then spamming the thread planning for tomorrow like yesterday.

Also I noticed you've dodged my bombing question and both Drixx and you have dodged my what's the plan question? I'm working through this while getting ready for bed and I'm still not caught up yet and some help would be appreciated.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10119 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10107, MathBlade wrote:

So wait what's the idea? Sorry I'm catching up. I'm having to put in some insane hours at work for a deadline. I'd like a chance to know what's going on and to make sure we're not doing something silly.
He wants to turn self-detonate into vig by Docing the person using it, basically.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10120 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10110, Drixx wrote:
In post 10108, MathBlade wrote:@Drixx

Well yeah obviously. Gotta check and see what the mod says. Specifically it's going to require Sakura to ask because the mod won't answer questions about BP interactions right now (See rules about how long we have to ask about power interactions).
Anyone can PM the mod at anytime about this.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10121 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10119, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

He wants to turn self-detonate into vig by Docing the person using it, basically.
What happens if scum have PN (again I think this is a small to nil chance)
and what happens if Drixx is scum (again I think this is a small chance)
With the leader if they use it that day/night then they are immune so the risk is only if that overrides it.

And what happens if scum power echo the doc'd suicide bomber?
Mainly the same concerns brought up by the bomb plan.
I'm not seeing how this is any more or less risky than before?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10122 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10121, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10119, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

What happens if scum have PN (again I think this is a small to nil chance)
and what happens if Drixx is scum (again I think this is a small chance)
With the leader if they use it that day/night then they are immune so the risk is only if that overrides it.

And what happens if scum power echo the doc'd suicide bomber?
Mainly the same concerns brought up by the bomb plan.
I'm not seeing how this is any more or less risky than before?
Yes, you’re right. The main reason UFO wants to do the dayvig thing, is to avoid PE, which can only be used at night, as can unfortunately doc, so yeah agreed. This has comparable pitfalls to the bomb plan.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10123 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Drixx »

Bomb plan worst case: tomorrow is LYLO

Use of doc/leader to turn bombs into vig worst case: 2 dead townies (if the targets are town) plus whatever worst case scum acquired powers can do.

I am still letting my brain do it's braining about the latter problem but my first pass instinct is to suggest that these two plans do not at all have the same worst case. Not even close. I also think it's probably not terribly useful if by definition the ability cannot be mitigated by leader/doc protection.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10124 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Or worse yet, what happens if scum kill Drixx?
IMHO this is a chess game with scum and we have to outmaneuver them. The pieces are out there.
However it's more we need to outline what the exact risks are for each plan we come up with
Then see which risks are unique to which plans and which risks overlap.

For example for the traditional bomb plan (which I know is a no go hence using it as an example)
What if scum have power echo
What if scum have PN

For the UFO day vig
What if scum have power echo
What if scum have PN

A lot of these concerns are indeed overlapping.
We know for a fact scum have powers with Titus having been leader.
It seems like we're talking about making new plans and then having similar or the exact same risks.
However those risks have different consequences.

What we need to do is figure out what balls are in the air so to speak for potential plans, make a post outlining the risks and consequences
And then which risks are acceptable risks

To me for example, if a majority/all of the scum are in Asuaka (sorry if I misspelled that), Sakura, Nancy, and Drixx, that to me is an acceptable risk to me as that scum team would have earned it.
We are going to have to take risks. That's the nature of the setup and to be frank Superheroes take risks.

I'm a okay/decent poker player so mainly this is what I feel is going on with an analogy.
You get dealt a hand. Then as more cards get turned up more and more of the game gets exposed.
However, as the game goes you have to put more and more money into the pot.
So each day another card is turned over. We have to either call, raise, or fold.

By clearly stating what it is and the risks we are talking on we can make sure A) everyone knows what is going on and B) the risks we are taking.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”