Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10250 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:55 am

Post by Sando »

In post 10238, Toranaga wrote:
In post 10234, MathBlade wrote:Dumb question: If we are doing the suicide vig plan why are we talking new leaders at all?
Why not have it shuffle between Sakura and FA’s replacement?
why are you prefacing by saying the question is dumb?

sakura can't be leader twice in a row
Pretty sure he's suggesting "weaving" it between the two, so Sakura bombs tonight while leader-safe, we get new-FA protection and leader tonight and then new-FA bombs tomorrow night with leader-safe.

Ends up with one bomb per day between two players.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10251 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:57 am

Post by Sando »

In post 10249, Toranaga wrote:I don't think titus says sando is "possibly bussing" her when they're actually w/w

it's a scumslip but one she'd probably be smart enough to avoid when they're wolfing together
You want me and Titus to push each other for 3 days, hard. You want Titus to scumslip the "possible bussing", that get MISSED for like 50 pages, and then the person you're accusing of being wolf with her to be the person to bring it up?

Like...urgh.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10252 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10251, Sando wrote:
In post 10249, Toranaga wrote:I don't think titus says sando is "possibly bussing" her when they're actually w/w

it's a scumslip but one she'd probably be smart enough to avoid when they're wolfing together
You want me and Titus to push each other for 3 days, hard. You want Titus to scumslip the "possible bussing", that get MISSED for like 50 pages, and then the person you're accusing of being wolf with her to be the person to bring it up?

Like...urgh.
you understand I'm clearing you for this, right?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10253 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10250, Sando wrote:
In post 10234, MathBlade wrote:Dumb question: If we are doing the suicide vig plan why are we talking new leaders at all?

Pretty sure he's suggesting "weaving" it between the two, so Sakura bombs tonight while leader-safe, we get new-FA protection and leader tonight and then new-FA bombs tomorrow night with leader-safe.

oh sakura can bomb tonight?

@sakura you should do this, yes?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10254 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 10252, Toranaga wrote:you understand I'm clearing you for this, right?
You're not treating those suggesting I'm not clear with enough disdain for my liking :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #10255 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10244, Toranaga wrote:
In post 7515, MathBlade wrote:
In post 7507, stungun0404 wrote:
In post 4777, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 4668, Drixx wrote: Someone asked me for reads. I don't usually do lists as most of you know. It's early day 3. I'm pretty sure scum is in:

{Titus, Sando, Toogeloo, Katsuki, Shiro, Nancy} - There are a couple others who I have light FoS on. Those are the ones where there's enough to at least have them a step further than nullscum.

I'm pressed for time but if anyone is confused about why, feel free to ask and I'll explain.

My strong town reads right now: Cerberus, Ank, Mylo

Seriously I do have some light town reads but I'm not at the point where I feel it's useful for me to just info vomit. Still have a list of things I want to go looking for and people I want to re-read.

FWIW: I have a couple working theories which adequately explain the events and gamestate, and unusual for me this early I've got a potential town block in mind.

Sorry for the shotgun post. I am pressed for time and wanted to communicate a lot of thoughts. I'll try and respond to questions when I can.
your town reads are 2 dead and flipped confirmed town, and mylo?
Umm. Lol. I don't find this response genuine at all. Scum would have every incentive to fake a reply with confusion like this. Town would be aware said player died.

Yeah we are lynching this 100%!
I'm actually thinking that stun might be best for the fifth power slot. I'm warming up to him a lot. What do you guys think?
yeah
math is town
In post 10095, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9941, Toranaga wrote:let me explain to you very succintly why this sucks

1 - scum was elected leader on n1 and we don't know how many wolves got powers that day. we don't know what their powers are. we don't know who titus gave power to instead of ankamius.
2 - if scum slipped into the towncore as well, then they have a lot of powers by now and can absolutely fuck our "bombing plan" up in many ways.
3 - scum can negate, redirect, amplify or BP themselves against the suicides
4 - flipping everyone in a POE and then determine that whoever we don't flip is scum does not fucking work cause there will be situations where scum just WIFOMs the fuck out of it
5 - we are playing a horribly townsided setup where we elect a leader and we know the majority of players who got powers and which powers are those. we have informative, protective and other types of abilities that will always lead to a town win as long as we don't fuck this up. we benefit from playing slowly because we gain a ton of information every gameday. we control the abilities. we bulletproof our towniest people. nuking an entire POE that's actually way too big and could be wrong is the fucking worst plan ever.

so please the worst, you just stop this mate. I know you're bored with the game and want to nuke everyone. that's not the proper way to play this though, and I'm not gonna stand by it.

I'm especially not gonna stand by it when that was also FA's opinion and unfortunately she had to not be in this game anymore cause mathblade's AtE. which honestly is pretty disgusting if you're scum, math. I hope you're not. I think you might be.
Hang on a second here.

My AtE was not disgusting. First of all, you don't know me. And you don't know the IRL shit I have been through. Online and IRL I have been the victim of several IRL attacks. That post was after calming down a bit. FA was freaking out over being reported. There are site rules for a reason. Independent of my alignment (hint it's town) I am well within my rights to not just take threats to my life idly by for how I am playing a fucking game. There are disagreements. There will always be disagreements as this is mafia. I should NOT have to come online to see posting that makes me want to curl in a corner and hide. Even if I was scum (hint I'm not) I absolutely make the posting I have done with no regrets. FA IMHO completely understood that crossed a line and apologized. That may be cool where she is, but it is not cool on MS. I come here to play with friends. Not try to figure out whether a death threat is legitimate. I can take being called stupid, dumb, my plans idiotic. That's fine. That's why I opened them up to examination.

It's why I freaking suggested the town block that I helped suggest to Sakura in the goddamn first place take BP and SS so that way nothing short of a miracle could get through. Because I have faith in this town. Now as scum (which I'm not) why the ever lovingfuck would I make an army of confirmed town that I can't kill? I specifically devised that plan in mind so that scum would have to out that specific night and you could even fucking validate that I use precog that night. Like I understand paranoia, but calling me disgusting for that?

I have yet to see a case here or anything of the sort to interact with here at all. The reason we are in this state is because I am bending over backwards to make sure to try to be cooperative yet at the same time argue for what I think is best.

For me to be scum I would have to have a death wish:

A) Inextricably link myself to Titus despite "bussing" her ("bussing" is in quotes as it's literally impossible for me to bus as I am town)
B) Make sure everyone who knows my scum meta is unkillable so at any time they could “out” me if I ever repeat it.
C) Argue for a plan well beyond it’s “agreeable” point thus highlighting my slot
D) Willingly share powers the day before instead of saying "No! I need to be BP." or "Help me be protected".
E) Not anticipate all power avenues and sort them out accordingly. That's something I always do as scum.
F) Advocate for this specific block when asked about it multiple times by Sakura

Like I don't understand your case on me, I don't understand why you're suspicious about the bombs, and I don't understand anything you're saying and quite frankly each time I read it I feel like my brain is in a blender.
I’d ISO’d him and it seems like it. Fun fact: him, me and FA have the highest post counts. It’s actually shocking how many pages this game has.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10256 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 10253, Toranaga wrote:@sakura you should do this, yes?
Sakura suggested using something else, I can't remember what it was, but it wasn't bomb.

Only issue with plan is I think echo targets the bomber, not the bombee? So Scum can fairly easily echo if they have the power. Narrows down our pool though at least.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10257 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I just realized that i or someone else could also power echo the doctor
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10258 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Then drixx could protect both of Tora and Nero.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10259 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10258, Sakura Hana wrote:Then drixx could protect both of Tora and Nero.
that's actually brilliant
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10260 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10248, Sando wrote:
In post 10178, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10133, Sando wrote:
In post 10121, MathBlade wrote:And what happens if scum power echo the doc'd suicide bomber?
How about I offer to bomb duckling if given power, and Sakura doesn't confirm/deny whether I'm getting one?

If scum want to power-echo me they can risk it going on a Vanilla and wasting it, and
if Drixx has nothing better to do with his powers he can doc me
Wtf???
Drixx only has one Doc and he 100% needs to use it on Nero/UFO . However, UFO has 1-shot bp, so the optimal useage of his Doc power should be used on Nero
, as Sakura has already convincingly argued.

Why would you even suggest such a thing? OMG! :facepalm:

I also not all confident the worst flips scum, anyway. I think you’re stuck in tunnel vision when it comes to him.
What the fuck is this stupidity?

a) The plan is about pushing scum's potential power echo ability around, not primarily about getting a vig.
b) I said
IF DRIXX HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO.
..like what the actual fuck is hard to understand about that?
c) We've been dealing with killable leader options for 5 days, I spent half of D4 arguing with Math about needing to protect ourselves from our top candidate getting killed.

If you can't understand from what I'm saying that I'm trying to set up some confusion in the scumranks rather than garner power...your powers of deduction are seriously questionable.
You were trying to suggest Drixx Doc you, over UFO/Nero! And you’re calling what I’m saying
stupid
? Then, you want to hero suicide someone who probably isn’t even scum because you’re stuck in tunnel vision?

And seriously, dafuq man, you know goddamned well that Drixx is the only freaking Doc we have rn. What planet are you on, to even ask such a ridiculous question? *smdh*
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10261 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by Toranaga »

drixx doc's nero
sakura echoes drixx onto me
me and nero take suicide bombing

we might wanna change leader votes as well

ausuka can protect herself tonight yes?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10262 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10251, Sando wrote:

Like...urgh.
When did I accuse you of being a wolf?

Quote, where in my post I ever say I’m scumreading you.

Pro tip: questioning someone’s godawful judgelent, doesn’t = either one. Maybe in the future, read the entire thread before you fucking jump on me. God! :roll:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10263 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10253, Toranaga wrote:

oh sakura can bomb tonight?

@sakura you should do this, yes?
+1
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10264 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10254, Sando wrote:
In post 10252, Toranaga wrote:you understand I'm clearing you for this, right?
You're not treating those suggesting I'm not clear with enough disdain for my liking :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, I fucking deserve disdain for trying to protect the leader candidates. Okay. I can’t even. . . :facepalm:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10265 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

@Toranaga because I haven’t been able to read the thread while work is a speed demon.

It’s more I don’t like introducing more people into the mix unless necessary: The Sakura/FA + 1 from block has been working out.

I don’t know if I trust a new leader with a majority of mislynch bait is smart?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10266 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10261, Toranaga wrote:drixx doc's nero
sakura echoes drixx onto me
me and nero take suicide bombing

we might wanna change leader votes as well

ausuka can protect herself tonight yes?
Considering all of the tension between Drixx/Nero, I’d feel a lot better if Drixx doc’s you and Sakura echos Drixx.

Why? Because it’s way more likely Drixx protects you over Nero and Sakura protects Nero?

Do you disagree?

And yes, I believe FA claimed to have picked Phasing.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10267 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Toranaga »

see if this works, guys:

today: we vote ausuka for leader with one of me or nero cain as the backup

sakura submits me, nero, nancy, ausuka +1 for powers

tonight: ausuka uses phasing on a SR and takes suicide bombing

sakura takes and uses suicide bombing on a SR

drixx docs nero

nero takes suicide bombing

I take suicide bombing

nancy takes power echo and targets drixx to have his doc also protect me

tomorrow: me and nero use suicide bombing on SR targets

ausuka has suicide bombing as well and can also use on a SR target if she is leader

this gives us 4 kills with none of the townread players having to die for it

thoughts?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10268 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10257, Sakura Hana wrote:I just realized that i or someone else could also power echo the doctor
In post 10258, Sakura Hana wrote:Then drixx could protect both of Tora and Nero.
Yes, I believe you can echo any targetable ability, except maybe Phasing, SC. bp can’t be echoed either, I think?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10269 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10267, Toranaga wrote:see if this works, guys:

today: we vote ausuka for leader with one of me or nero cain as the backup

sakura submits me, nero, nancy, ausuka +1 for powers

tonight: ausuka uses phasing on a SR and takes suicide bombing

sakura takes and uses suicide bombing on a SR

drixx docs nero

nero takes suicide bombing

I take suicide bombing

nancy takes power echo and targets drixx to have his doc also protect me

tomorrow: me and nero use suicide bombing on SR targets

ausuka has suicide bombing as well and can also use on a SR target if she is leader

this gives us 4 kills with none of the townread players having to die for it

thoughts?
I see a couple of troubling things mainly it doesn’t account for scumfuckery like power negate. (Admittedly a low chance) we don’t know until someone suicides who isn’t Sakura. Let me brainstorm and go through things tonight for any potential way this could go sideways.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10270 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 10260, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:You were trying to suggest Drixx Doc you, over UFO/Nero! And you’re calling what I’m saying stupid?
What I actually said:
In post 10133, Sando wrote:
if Drixx has nothing better to do
with his powers he can doc me.
Note the bold part...I very specifically DID NOT say OVER anything, I said the EXACT opposite.

Yes, I'd like to maintain my statement, thanks.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10271 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 10269, MathBlade wrote:I see a couple of troubling things mainly it doesn’t account for scumfuckery like power negate.
Negate has the same effect in the echo'd doc as non-echo'd doc. We can safely ignore the option in terms of leader protection given it's the same result no matter whether we echo it or not.

It should, however, give pause to the idea of using bomb without leader protection, as I think Tora might be suggesting?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10272 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 10268, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:bp can’t be echoed either, I think?
It cannot, it's not targeted so anything referencing "targeted" won't impact BP.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10273 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10271, Sando wrote:
In post 10269, MathBlade wrote:I see a couple of troubling things mainly it doesn’t account for scumfuckery like power negate.
Negate has the same effect in the echo'd doc as non-echo'd doc. We can safely ignore the option in terms of leader protection given it's the same result no matter whether we echo it or not.

It should, however, give pause to the idea of using bomb without leader protection, as I think Tora might be suggesting?
It’s mainly if Drixx gets negated then neither protection goes through if I understand it correct. Echo wouldn’t fire as there would be no power to hit.

Also if Drixx is scum (again low chance) Nancy could end up copying mod knows what factional ability into those two.

I think that being said the risk is small but I need time to try to break it and think in depth when not under time crunch.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10274 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 10197, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10168, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 10165, Toranaga wrote:you're also bringing up lots of good points against nero cain's slot
When was this? The most I've seen is "ur scummy 4 not worshipping Drixx!" If you mean he was making goof points against Kats then he's wrong as fuck (as usual)
My uneasiness is,
would Drixx protect the person scumreading him?

If not, you being a potential leader candidate, makes you practically a sitting duck for scum.

So, while I’m fine with you as leader candidate, I’m not sure if putting you in this vulnerable position
without guaranteed protection
, is the right move for town.
This shouldn't be a concern. Ever. I don't game throw. No matter what you posit as my alignment, I am basically obligated to protect Nero tonight or eat rope tomorrow.

If you want to see what scum me does with powers to emulate being town then go look. Regardless of how frustrated I am with Nero for cherry picking and pretending I'm doing nothing productive ... I'm not going to game throw over it.

Someone being petty and spiteful and wanting to "show" Cerb and me ultimately cost us the win in SU. I learned that lesson
very well

"I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand; He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."

There's probably a Dark Tower game coming to a Large Themed queue near you soon™
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”