Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #10300 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10296, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10283, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 10276, Sando wrote:
In post 10273, MathBlade wrote:It’s mainly if Drixx gets negated then neither protection goes through if I understand it correct. Echo wouldn’t fire as there would be no power to hit.

Also if Drixx is scum (again low chance) Nancy could end up copying mod knows what factional ability into those two.
Yeah exactly, but we're apparently suggesting two people without BP? So Drixx protecting one and getting negated = no protection, and Drixx protecting both with echo+doc and getting negated = no protection. Same result is my point.

You do make a good point about Drixx-scum doubling up a power on them. It's only powers though yeah? Petrification seems like the only dangerous one to get doubled up, maybe freezing but meh.
You do realize that if scum has power negate they can still pierce through the protection regardless? Power negate does prevent powers from being used on your target too you know.
The only ppl that have so far claimed to have a protection AND SS are me and ausuka (as per FA) as far as im aware.
And me. I also have SS bp.
Reposting this, in case scum thinks I’m some fucking idiot!
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10301 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10300, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10273, MathBlade wrote:It’s mainly if Drixx gets negated then neither protection goes through if I understand it correct. Echo wouldn’t fire as there would be no power to hit.

Also if Drixx is scum (again low chance) Nancy could end up copying mod knows what factional ability into those two.
Yeah exactly, but we're apparently suggesting two people without BP? So Drixx protecting one and getting negated = no protection, and Drixx protecting both with echo+doc and getting negated = no protection. Same result is my point.

You do make a good point about Drixx-scum doubling up a power on them. It's only powers though yeah? Petrification seems like the only dangerous one to get doubled up, maybe freezing but meh.
You do realize that if scum has power negate they can still pierce through the protection regardless? Power negate does prevent powers from being used on your target too you know.
The only ppl that have so far claimed to have a protection AND SS are me and ausuka (as per FA) as far as im aware.
in this case:

elect ausuka with me/nero as backup

tonight: you actually take sui bombing and use SS bp

ausuka uses phasing and takes sui bombing

sakura takes and uses sui bombing

drixx doc's nero

nero takes power echoing and uses it on sakura, targeting a scumread with it

I take sui bombing and use power mimickry on drixx

6th player takes power echoing and uses it on drixx, targeting me

we get two kills tonight, all of them protected

we'll have three kills tomorrow, all of them protected

thoughts?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10302 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Toranaga »

if it isn't clear we'd have sakura and nero getting kills tonight, and then me/nancy/ausuka getting kills tomorrow
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10303 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10301, Toranaga wrote:

in this case:

drixx doc's nero

thoughts?
I think it needs a slight tweak:

The 6th person whoever it is, heals Drixx not you.
Drixx's healing is vital for the safety of everyone. And if we don't heal him Drixx if town has a huge target on his back and I would want him some protection.
The entire plan could fall apart if scum have PN and then just kill Drixx and laugh as the townblock mass suicides.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10304 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Toranaga »

we would actually know drixx was PN'ed for two reasons:

1 - nero would flip at night
2 - I wouldn't get drixx's power since I'm power mimickring drixx

so instead of mass suiciding, we'd have one killed town player because drixx was PN'ed, that's all.

I'd simply holster my own sui and use it whenever I'm protected to use it.

if scum has PN there is absolutely nothing we can do to protect drixx. you do understand that yes?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10305 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Toranaga »

sakura, nancy and ausuka are not using drixx' power to protect themselves and are completely unaffected by PNing drixxx

the only person that dies if drixx is PN'ed, in my plan, is nero.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10306 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Mainly I'd rather have the protection on Drixx so we can repeat this on future nights. Right now without protection, I don't see a reason scum don't kill Drixx here.

I'd rather have the protection on Drixx so scum have to use negate to kill him and one less bomb. Especially since we're actually ending up with more kills and that was the original concern.

I'd rather sacrifice the additional kill and make sure our one doc is safe. But if the group overrules me and I'm the sixth I will protect you.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10307 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by Toranaga »

this has the potential for more kills, with the difference that it's a protected towncore shooting at the POE, and not the POE getting invited to pick our abilities.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10308 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Drixx is too useless for scum to kill if he's not scum himself.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10309 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I think drixx being killed at night is fine as well, as we're likely to get more protectives in the next gamedays anyway

what are tomorrow's abilities? I think it's time we move on to that discussion.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10310 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I agree with 90% of the plan, just not that Drixx is unprotected because then if Drixx is killed we only get one shot at this and don't have a fail safe if things go sideways. I'd rather give up one kill from the plan to make sure we have Drixx around tomorrow.

Pedit: If I'm supposed to power echo I can't precog yet. That needs to be straightened out.

Also we need to have two pools for Sakura and Nero to shoot at can even be half the player list each. Just wanna ensure no overlap so no waste there either.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10311 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Toranaga »

no, we need you using precog, math.

we can't agree on everything but I suggest sando takes the 6th then. he'll be unprotected as well.

if you take precog we'll know what we'll have next gameday and thus can plan on wether drixx needs defending or not. if there's more doc abilities available we actually don't need drixx enough to protect him.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10312 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I have to go to D&D but these are the outstanding questions
1) Do we risk Drixx dying at night in order to gain an extra kill? Toranaga says yes, Nero says yes, I say no.
2) Am I going to be the 6th person in that plan? Therefore I have to not use precog today.
3) Preventing Sakura/Nero overlap. How do we and are we fine if overlap happens?

I have D&D tonight but I think these are the main concerns.

I'm okay with Sando being the sixth and me doing precog. But it's one or the other.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10313 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 10214, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Drixx has started to grow on me a bit recently. I think he derps way too much to be scum.
You know, fake derp is actually a scum strategy or he could just be you know bad and him being bad isn't AI.
In post 10235, MathBlade wrote:Nero is not universally townread.
I'm town read by anyone that's worthwhile. The only person that really scumreads me is Hebi and she can't/won't back this up with any reasoning. Your sole reason for "scum" reading me is that I didn't join the hive mind and I think your goldenboys posts aren't looking pro-town. though you do kinda call me town later. Similar to Tor who's also talking out of bothsides of his mouth and using this "but Kat!" to kinda shade me and keep me as a viable ML target for if/when we kill all the POE list and game isn't over so I kinda agree that he's a little sketchy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10314 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Oh and also Nero dying doesn't confirm/deny whether Drixx was negated.

If Nero suicides and scum submit a kill on Nero Nero still dies.

Pedit gotta go
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10315 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 10312, MathBlade wrote:Nero says yes
Maybe you should stop putting words into my mouth? I need to read the plan in depth and think about it.

My
In post 10308, Nero Cain wrote:Drixx is too useless for scum to kill if he's not scum himself.
isn't really a yes or no.

Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10316 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by Toranaga »

my plan relies on turning every protected slot into a vigilante kill by having them use suicide bombing while protected.

I don't think drixx is any more or less important than the other players in the towncore, but if we're going to protect drixx, he needs to use sui.

and actually I have a solution for this: drixx uses doc on nero cain and takes sui

I don't get any abilities and use mimickry on dixx

6th player power echoes drixx on drixx (not sure if we can but that's the only way to protect drixx unless we elect it leader)

and I think that'd solve it. I should also not run for leader at all if I'm not getting any protectives and not taking sui.

we can go many ways with it. I don't think it's important to save drixx though.

math needs to just use precog and I don't see any reason why he should get any other abilities tonight.

precog is very important.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10317 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10314, MathBlade wrote:Oh and also Nero dying doesn't confirm/deny whether Drixx was negated.

If Nero suicides and scum submit a kill on Nero Nero still dies.

Pedit gotta go
yeah but then since I was using mimickry on drixx I would just tell the thread what happened at night that nero died anyway.

if I get nothing that points to drixx being PN'ed or not submitting, yes?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10318 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I just broke the game in town's favour and I have to read nero cain shading me
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10319 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

said the guy shading me!

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10320 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10301, Toranaga wrote:

in this case:

drixx doc's nero

thoughts?

What if they both target the same person?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10321 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by Toranaga »

@nero: yes but are you reading my plan? I'm not saying I was the only one that did it, but alongside sakura and nancy we went from having a shitty as fuck sui bombing plan to one where half the towncore gets a vig. you can remove me from the people getting abilities and shoot me in the head and we still probably always win this tomorrow because I'm awesome.

@nancy: I thought this through and I don't think them targeting the same player will happen a relevant enough % to be a problem, BUT, as mathblade said, we can just divide the entire POE into two and have each pick a side to shoot from. it's no big deal.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10322 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10305, Toranaga wrote:sakura, nancy and ausuka are not using drixx' power to protect themselves and are completely unaffected by PNing drixxx

No cuz you couldn’t mimick if he was negated, I think. Because a negate would be like he never used his power and power has to be used, to be either mimicked or echoed.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10323 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10322, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10305, Toranaga wrote:sakura, nancy and ausuka are not using drixx' power to protect themselves and are completely unaffected by PNing drixxx

No cuz you couldn’t mimick if he was negated, I think. Because a negate would be like he never used his power and power has to be used, to be either mimicked or echoed.
but if I mimick drixx and get nothing, I don't blow myself up you see? I'd just holster and use it when protected.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10324 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10309, Toranaga wrote:I think drixx being killed at night is fine as well, as we're likely to get more protectives in the next gamedays anyway

what are tomorrow's abilities? I think it's time we move on to that discussion.
If some of us echo him, then we all get docs right?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”