Theta Alpine(0):

the worst (0):

Toranaga (0):

Not Voting (6):
Drixx, Gamma Emerald, Nancy Drew 39, Sakura Hana, Sando, Theta Alpine

With
players, it takes
to lynch.
The day ends in (expired on 2018-08-20 11:00:00).

Toranaga has asked for replacement.

Abilities Available for Acquisition

Goo Generation:
Until the next Night Phase, anyone that successfully targets you will be covered in goo of a single color of your choice.
Petrification:
Target another player. That player loses their ability to post, vote, and submit actions and no longer counts for parity.
Power Absorption:
You acquire any Superpowers that successfully target you.
Power Echo:
Target another player. Any targeting Superpowers this player uses this Night Phase will be used on another player of your choice in addition to their original target.
**Self-Detonation:
Target another player. Both you and that player will die.
Superhuman Tracking:
Target another player. You will know who that player targets this Night Phase.

**May be used during the Day but still counts against the following Night's Superpower usage. If used during the Day, resolves immediately. If used during the Night, resolves normally.
Last edited by The Dream Weaver on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The moderator account for Brian Skies.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10501 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:46 am

Post by Toranaga »

if you don't wanna do it that's fine but you could totally do it

@nancy

@kokichi: I never said this was your scum game. I never saw your scum game. I'm saying you're scum because this is "a" scum game. it's awful posting throughout. it's not even lazy, it's just wolf.

nos is wolf too so you can both die.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10502 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Toranaga »

ok I'm gone

gl to my replacement
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10503 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Gl m8
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #10504 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10496, Toranaga wrote:your power usage, when you activate BP, will not follow to the next day

tomorrow you will have not used any powers and can explode

you can do both I promise you
No, I know you’re wrong. The only way I’m fucking using bomb is if leader or doced. However, I think my using echo on either Math or Drixx makes way more sense. I think your plan is reckless. I may either use my bp tonight or protect someone. We’ll see. :wink:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10505 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10497, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 10423, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10415, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 10376, Toranaga wrote:I just think kokichi is very obviously mafia.
Lynch this tomorrow btw. Hes seen my scum game before
Talk with me about your Toranaga read here. He has been pinging me all game.

Something is setting off alarm bells that this is wrong.
I haven't read much but him saying this is my scum game is a lie from him.
I agrree with Ausuka because there’s a lot that doesn’t really make sense if you’re scum.

I think scum is probably in Nos, Creature, and possibly hebi? but I’m less certain about that slot. Outside chance of Gamma but less likely, I think. I think Sakura or Nero bombs Creature or Nos/hebi - whichever one of the 3, we don’t lynch, w/o SS and either catches one of them with negate or not. One of those slots should hopefully be resolvable tonight. If it does turn out to be Creature/hebi, then it makes more sense to try to lynch his or her likely partner, I think.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10506 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

VOTE: Nos

I’ll change it to what the majority wants but it makes the most sense to vote Nos and let Creature/hebi be resolved tonight.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10507 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:16 am

Post by Toranaga »

you don't need to take sui if you don't want to

the only people that need to take sui are today's leader, tomorrow's leader, and tomorrow's backup leader, because those can't die regardless

mechanically speaking I am right that you could take sui, use BP, and use sui tomorrow while BP is activated, thus killing a target and keeping you alive. if that's not something you want, fine; we'll just have 4 vigs instead of 5 vigs.

but if you have SS'd BP and you're taking echoing, just rand between BPing yourself or echoing drixx onto math

math needs to use precog and it makes no sense to give him even more abilities. he already has SS, precog and petrification, and we need precog to coordinate other gamedays anyway.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10508 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:16 am

Post by Toranaga »

VOTE: nosferatu

always flipping scum
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10509 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Toranaga »

btw you have... siren's call? why?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10510 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Toranaga »

btw self detonate is not a one-time action

it will stay with whoever picks that, meaning all the people getting self detonate are having a permanent vigilante ability whenever they are protected from dying

this game is over
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10511 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10501, Toranaga wrote:if you don't wanna do it that's fine but you could totally do it

@nancy

@kokichi: I never said this was your scum game. I never saw your scum game. I'm saying you're scum because this is "a" scum game. it's awful posting throughout. it's not even lazy, it's just wolf.

nos is wolf too so you can both die.
I disagree, also I think my taking echo and maybe using it (or not) will accomplish the most good for town.

Why don’t we lynch Nos then? I’m alot more comfortable with him being scum over Kokichil. Ausuka’s argument was pretty convincing.

Even if your theory that Kokichi is correct, her supposed rolling over is oddly timed. I don’t really think this is Kokichi’s scum meta we’re seeing here. Not saying I feel confident he couldn’t be scum here but I think this slot is probably more likely to flip green.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10512 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10507, Toranaga wrote:you don't need to take sui if you don't want to

the only people that need to take sui are today's leader, tomorrow's leader, and tomorrow's backup leader, because those can't die regardless

mechanically speaking I am right that you could take sui, use BP, and use sui tomorrow while BP is activated, thus killing a target and keeping you alive. if that's not something you want, fine; we'll just have 4 vigs instead of 5 vigs.

but if you have SS'd BP and you're taking echoing, just rand between BPing yourself or echoing drixx onto math

math needs to use precog and it makes no sense to give him even more abilities. he already has SS, precog and petrification, and we need precog to coordinate other gamedays anyway.
+1

I honestly think that’s wise - at least until we can conclusively determine if the hidden scum has negate or not.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10513 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

What happens if someone using the Spiritual Mediumship Superpower is redirected to a living slot?
Spiritual Mediumship fails on living players.
Neighbourhoods actually could exist in this game. Cool.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10514 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Toranaga »

I have a different idea for nero cain

drixx doc's nero and nero takes and uses power absortion, giving him a permanent doc to use on other players

lemme figure out how everything else is gonna fit with this
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10515 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10509, Toranaga wrote:btw you have... siren's call? why?
I didn’t really understand it at the time. I guess had I used it on Cerh instezd of Muffin, I would have died in his place.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10516 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Toranaga »

sakura takes and uses sui on whoever target

drixx uses doc on nero

nero takes and uses power absortion

nancy takes power echo and either uses BP on herself or uses power echo on one of math/drixx (if she can target drixx with his own power that is)

ausuka (tomorrow's leader) uses phasing and takes BP

toranaga (tomorrow's backup) uses mimickry on someone (no need to be on drixx anymore cause now nero checks drixx) and takes sui

sando or whoever we pick as 6th takes power echo from drixx and redirects to me

that will protect most of the towncore and give us 2 or 3 kills.

it's definitely very safe, maybe too safe, but I don't see anything wrong with it

thoughts?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10517 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:50 am

Post by Drixx »

So I'm trying to figure out why there seems to be so much mechanical confusion:

1.) Game started with a leader who has protection both during the day and the night. -- From this we can conclude that there will be day kill abilities.

2.) Leader cannot die except via very specific criteria which the mod laid out. To be precise: "The presiding Leader cannot die except in LYLO/MYLO or if a no lynch is achieved."

3.) There's no a bomb ability that is usually an "I give myself up to take out this person I think is scummy. Town wins 1v1 trades; scum loses on 1v1 trades" which would
normally
be a gamble on the strength of that person's reads or a townblock decision; HOWEVER, the explicit rule about the only two ways a leader can die prevents them from dying by using the suicide bomb power.

QED - Leaders can dayvig with impunity. Furthermore: tonight is probably the riskiest night we've had. If scum make it into the block tonight and pick up petrify, then we had better clean up really fast.

The only question is whether a doc save prevents the suicide bomb from killing the user. So far as I can tell, nobody has reported getting an answer from the mod on this question.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10518 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 10516, Toranaga wrote:sakura takes and uses sui on whoever target

drixx uses doc on nero

nancy takes power echo and either uses BP on herself or uses power echo on one of math/drixx (if she can target drixx with his own power that is)

toranaga (tomorrow's backup) uses mimickry on someone (no need to be on drixx anymore cause now nero checks drixx) and takes sui

it's definitely very safe, maybe too safe, but I don't see anything wrong with it

thoughts?
Rescind your replace out request. Someone has to be the adult right?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10519 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Toranaga »

The only question is whether a doc save prevents the suicide bomb from killing the user. So far as I can tell, nobody has reported getting an answer from the mod on this question.

@drixx: it does. self explosion is a single ability that does "one" kill on two targets. if you're protected from "one" kill, anyway that is, you will not die but your target, if unprotected, will.

here:

If someone uses Self-Detonation and is protected by Force Field Generation, will they live?
Self-Detonation acts as a single killing action against both the user and their target. Therefore, it is possible for a user of Self-Detonation to be protected from their own ability.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10520 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Toranaga »

I did. I woke up in a mood and math pissed me off.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10521 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10514, Toranaga wrote:I have a different idea for nero cain

drixx doc's nero and nero takes and uses power absortion, giving him a permanent doc to use on other players

lemme figure out how everything else is gonna fit with this
Yeah, that is much better. This way we at least have some kind of safeguard for us having Doc. Ideally maybe 2 people taking it is even better? but definitely at least 1.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10522 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 10515, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10509, Toranaga wrote:btw you have... siren's call? why?
I didn’t really understand it at the time. I guess had I used it on Cerh instezd of Muffin, I would have died in his place.
In post 1058, The Dream Weaver wrote:
Siren's Call:
Target another player. That player's actions will be redirected to target you instead of their original target until the next Night Phase.
I dont understand what's so confusing about this you act as lightning rod towards your target's actions.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10523 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Oh boy you've been talking as if SC saves your target from dying, no, it forcers your target to tartget YOU.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #10524 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 10516, Toranaga wrote:sakura takes and uses sui on whoever target

drixx uses doc on nero

nancy takes power echo and either
uses BP on herself
or uses power echo on one of math/drixx (if she can target drixx with his own power that is)

thoughts?
You can actually use echo on yourself? :o
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”