Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10725 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Redirector
EH
1-shot during each day vote swapper PM mod
HT
BP
Shapeshifting — Make your powers look like someone else. Doesn’t count toward power usage.

^^ The precog list
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10726 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10717, Toranaga wrote:and yes mathblade bussed titus in a very extreme fashion in mod is mafia

it was the kind of thing I always assume that player is basically spewed town if his read is right

turns out it was a bus
Yes. And I also have good scum games where I didn’t bus Titus.

Literally anyone can find any scum game and find something relevant and try to go “aha”.

This is literally the second time you are doing that. I am flattered you find my scum game good but if I get mislynched I want it to be for the right reasons rather than “OMG Math has a good scum game”
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10727 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Math's scum game is better than his town game but that's not saying much. :/
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10728 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10710, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 10705, Toranaga wrote:Y E S

scum needs to BUS THE FUCK OUT of their team mates to win this ridiculously townsided setup
well great now that i think about it

VOTE: mathblade

anyone who wants to should read mod is mafia
math did the same thing in that game to titus [titus was previously in a hydra in that slot]

math also used a mechanical advantage in that game [posting votecounts] in order to become an asset to town
In post 10701, Toranaga wrote:there's also no building a convincing case on math. you either see it or you don't. you either believe his hardpushing for giving 3 POE'd down players abilities so they can sui bomb is town!math, or you see the obvious agenda behind it. you either believe he believes GLOBAL ROLEBLOCKING is an ability scum has and an argument against my first multiple vigs plan, or you don't and he is scum to you.

the amount of things mathblade said and pushed for that are unreasonable stances and look agenda driven is in most of math's posting. if he is wolf or town!math doing these things is up to town to determine. I don't think I can possibly read math with any accuracy, but I can absolutely see math being a wolf here and I'll trust sakura's instincts about it, the same way I'm trusting you and her on your feelings about kokichi.
Again this is false.

I have multiple games in which damn good cases were brought against me and I was lynched for it. I also have a game on here I replaced into and failed so spectacularly hard it was hilarious. I am town but if you can’t build a case then we should practice and use this time to help people be better Mafia players. I won’t deny my scum game is good but that is zero reason to scumread me here.

In my scum games yes I am hella good at obvTowning. However I guarantee you scum me in this game would never take petrify or SS or at least lie and say I picked something else. Speaking of which there is a whole host of other reasons I already wrote out that mean if I am scum I would have a death wish. Like I get it. I deserve the paranoia. That’s why you check me. It’s a simple thing to do.

You don’t waste time on a paranoia hunt. You talk with me make me communicate with you. That is how you do it and read me. So let’s fucking do it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10729 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10699, Toranaga wrote:
In post 10697, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10687, Toranaga wrote:
In post 10684, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 10682, Toranaga wrote:math was leader and has like 3 different powers

if we're all thinking he might be scum let's end him today
That is true, but if we force him to use precog he cant use any powers during the night.
we just can't lose momentum imo

everyone that could lynch math is dead

there's now you and me

when you die I'm done with this. I'm not even trying.
You also wanted momentum on Kokichi lynch as well, didn’t you? Why the rush? What exactly is the problem with actually trying to build a convincing case on him - one way or another?
when I say momentum, is based off the current playerlist. I'm talking about doing it today. when either me or sakura is dead, no one is touching mathblade. believe me if math is scum and I die, he wins.
Once again, this is wrong.

I am town but if I was scum numerous people are here who are still alive and know me and will sort me. Nearly everyone here knows how I play in some scum games and in town games. If y’all are paranoid have everyone bring what they know and we talk and talk about this game.

This is an extended gambler’s fallacy
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10730 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Shit wrong fallacy but logically flawed

Past results (me being scum in games) has no correlation to here because the role PMs were randomized at the start.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10731 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10689, Sakura Hana wrote:Sorry, when im universally townread my paranoia can reach sky high. Because i cant ever tell the difference from scum TRing me than town TRing me.
Don’t apologize for a good thing. Paranoia and reevaluating is good.

I would rather you reevaluate and build a case and be wrong than never reevaluate because that case can be used for reactions elsewhere and right now we are desperately short on reads conversations.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10732 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10688, Toranaga wrote:he will kill stungun because stungun was always unprotected that night and then he'll give a scum slot power instead

that is why you kill stungun

I said this days ago
Iirc BP was available that night however if you’re arguing that I am scum your argument is that I could kill anyone because SS but in that case why no obvTown death? Are you attempting to argue that I asked everyone to be BP took the thing that got around BP and then decided to not use it?

I have games where I have stomped, ask Drixx about Shadowrun, it’s the closest mechanically to this one except well I am town here, and what I did in a clearly protown setup as scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10733 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10683, Toranaga wrote:the game math is playing is infiltrating the towncore so he can pass along powers to scum

it's how you win this game as scum
Except it actually imho isn’t.

In this setup you want town to focus on town the entire time. If I had been scum and in this from the start I woulda swore off powers and just fake hunted. Then I would be perceived as not a threat. It’s why I think all the scum are in the PoE.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10734 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10678, Sakura Hana wrote:I feel like, if Math keeps using precog anyway scum can just sort him for us.
Also town math and me tend to clash on reads a lot.

AH DAMMIT I DONT EVEN KNOW.

I just want someone to tell me if im probably right or just flat out wrong.
I am town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10735 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10677, Toranaga wrote:@sakura: look, the thing is, if I keep shouting about math it doesn't matter at this point and just antagonizes me and him. which, if he is town, really sucks. but if more people are feeling the same thing, then there's a good chance we're right.

look, didn't he just say if kokichi flips town then people shouldn't do my plan? you think kokichi is indeed town, right? and math is doing this v/w associative read with me and kokichi that doesn't even work just because it was the guy I was voting at the time. it's agenda driven bullshit you know?
What you’re doing here is a tactic I use as scum quite often.

It’s something I am actually trying to incorporate into my town games more often.

It’s the idea of planting seeds. You plant a seed that “what about this” gently. Then someone runs with it and then you “sheep”. You’re suggesting that I am scum based on nothing and seeing how people take it.

And that is why you ping me. You’re doing what I would do as scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10736 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10675, Sakura Hana wrote:OTOH if Math is scum here im not sure exactly what kind of game he's playing coz a lot of the mechanical stuff has been kinda anti scum. Math himself hasnt been able to use any powers due to using precog, so why did scum not kill him N3? Why did scum let me live N4 if Math didnt gave power to stun and instead someone else? Was it because of my 100% using SS BP statement?

A lot of these questions are popping into my head.
Because I am not playing a scum game is your answer. Go look at when Tor first suggested that I am scum today. It has a lot of reasons Tor ignored. Explore them. If you find incorrectly I could be scum after that, then you should be able to explain why.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10737 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10095, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9941, Toranaga wrote:let me explain to you very succintly why this sucks

1 - scum was elected leader on n1 and we don't know how many wolves got powers that day. we don't know what their powers are. we don't know who titus gave power to instead of ankamius.
2 - if scum slipped into the towncore as well, then they have a lot of powers by now and can absolutely fuck our "bombing plan" up in many ways.
3 - scum can negate, redirect, amplify or BP themselves against the suicides
4 - flipping everyone in a POE and then determine that whoever we don't flip is scum does not fucking work cause there will be situations where scum just WIFOMs the fuck out of it
5 - we are playing a horribly townsided setup where we elect a leader and we know the majority of players who got powers and which powers are those. we have informative, protective and other types of abilities that will always lead to a town win as long as we don't fuck this up. we benefit from playing slowly because we gain a ton of information every gameday. we control the abilities. we bulletproof our towniest people. nuking an entire POE that's actually way too big and could be wrong is the fucking worst plan ever.

so please the worst, you just stop this mate. I know you're bored with the game and want to nuke everyone. that's not the proper way to play this though, and I'm not gonna stand by it.

I'm especially not gonna stand by it when that was also FA's opinion and unfortunately she had to not be in this game anymore cause mathblade's AtE. which honestly is pretty disgusting if you're scum, math. I hope you're not. I think you might be.
Hang on a second here.

My AtE was not disgusting. First of all, you don't know me. And you don't know the IRL shit I have been through. Online and IRL I have been the victim of several IRL attacks. That post was after calming down a bit. FA was freaking out over being reported. There are site rules for a reason. Independent of my alignment (hint it's town) I am well within my rights to not just take threats to my life idly by for how I am playing a fucking game. There are disagreements. There will always be disagreements as this is mafia. I should NOT have to come online to see posting that makes me want to curl in a corner and hide. Even if I was scum (hint I'm not) I absolutely make the posting I have done with no regrets. FA IMHO completely understood that crossed a line and apologized. That may be cool where she is, but it is not cool on MS. I come here to play with friends. Not try to figure out whether a death threat is legitimate. I can take being called stupid, dumb, my plans idiotic. That's fine. That's why I opened them up to examination.

It's why I freaking suggested the town block that I helped suggest to Sakura in the goddamn first place take BP and SS so that way nothing short of a miracle could get through. Because I have faith in this town. Now as scum (which I'm not) why the ever lovingfuck would I make an army of confirmed town that I can't kill? I specifically devised that plan in mind so that scum would have to out that specific night and you could even fucking validate that I use precog that night. Like I understand paranoia, but calling me disgusting for that?

I have yet to see a case here or anything of the sort to interact with here at all. The reason we are in this state is because I am bending over backwards to make sure to try to be cooperative yet at the same time argue for what I think is best.

For me to be scum I would have to have a death wish:

A) Inextricably link myself to Titus despite "bussing" her ("bussing" is in quotes as it's literally impossible for me to bus as I am town)
B) Make sure everyone who knows my scum meta is unkillable so at any time they could “out” me if I ever repeat it.
C) Argue for a plan well beyond it’s “agreeable” point thus highlighting my slot
D) Willingly share powers the day before instead of saying "No! I need to be BP." or "Help me be protected".
E) Not anticipate all power avenues and sort them out accordingly. That's something I always do as scum.
F) Advocate for this specific block when asked about it multiple times by Sakura

Like I don't understand your case on me, I don't understand why you're suspicious about the bombs, and I don't understand anything you're saying and quite frankly each time I read it I feel like my brain is in a blender.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10738 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I am gonna check in after a brief nap but quite frankly the only valid point I see here is Sakura’s “I sound weird”

I have been putting in 60 hours of work each week nearly every goddamn minute of my free time has been in this game just to keep up
I got into a depressive state and you expect my posts to be “not weird”

Just like .....I don’t get it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10739 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I'm not discussing my read with you. I don't think it helps town.

Redirector
EH
1-shot during each day vote swapper PM mod
HT
BP
Shapeshifting — Make your powers look like someone else. Doesn’t count toward power usage.

shit powers
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10740 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Then don’t.

I am going to discuss reads with everyone else since the plan seems settled.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #10741 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

HT and BP are good for town to have, Redirector is bad for town if scum gets it.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10742 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by Toranaga »

shapeshifting messes up with results too
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10743 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by Toranaga »

it'd be a night to give the entire towncore a BP tbh
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10744 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by The Dream Weaver »

Votecount 5.6
Leader: Sakura Hana

Creature (3):
hebichan, Nosferatu, the worst

Kokichi Oma (2):
Kokichi Oma, MathBlade
MathBlade(2):
Toranaga, Theta Alpine
Nosferatu (2):
Creature, Nancy Drew 39

Gamma Emerald (1):
Nero Cain
hebichan (1):
Ausuka

Ausuka (0):

Drixx (0):

Nancy Drew 39 (0):

Nero Cain (0):

Sando (0):

Theta Alpine(0):

the worst (0):

Toranaga (0):

Not Voting (4):
Drixx, Gamma Emerald, Sakura Hana, Sando

With
players, it takes
to lynch.
The day ends in (expired on 2018-08-20 11:00:00).

Abilities Available for Acquisition

Goo Generation:
Until the next Night Phase, anyone that successfully targets you will be covered in goo of a single color of your choice.
Petrification:
Target another player. That player loses their ability to post, vote, and submit actions and no longer counts for parity.
Power Absorption:
You acquire any Superpowers that successfully target you.
Power Echo:
Target another player. Any targeting Superpowers this player uses this Night Phase will be used on another player of your choice in addition to their original target.
**Self-Detonation:
Target another player. Both you and that player will die.
Superhuman Tracking:
Target another player. You will know who that player targets this Night Phase.

**May be used during the Day but still counts against the following Night's Superpower usage. If used during the Day, resolves immediately. If used during the Night, resolves normally.
The moderator account for Brian Skies.
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10745 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by The Dream Weaver »

hebichan has been prodded.
The moderator account for Brian Skies.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #10746 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 10399, Sakura Hana wrote:You can take one super power and use another one, you already own, SS can be used together with another superpower

Nero: Ausuka, Sakura, Tora, Nancy
Ausuka: Nero, Creature, Drixx, Gamma, hebichan, Kokichi, Math, Nosferatu, Sando, Theta, TW. (Just remove whoever gets lynched)

I kind of want Nero to be main, because that might remove attention towards trying to kill Tora.
Ok i guess time is running low so im reposting this
VOTE: hebichan
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #10747 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Hi so yeah I will follow that plan and vote for nero cain + take the bomber dayvig.

Honestly though I feel like a better usage of our time and energy than making up plans that might backfire is figuring out who we need to use our powers on and lynch i.e who is scum.

I still feel like Kokichi is town and I get a towny feeling from Nosferatu and now Creature too? I'm fine with being overruled on my reads but this is how I feel. Kokichi I've explained, Nos does feel like he's playing to his town meta, and Creature's posting feels genuine like he's really scumhunting? I know he can like inflate his postcount as scum and all now but I think he's town outside of that.

Currently my guess for the scumteam is {Theta/Math} + Gamma Emerald + hebichan. I think Theta's manouvre onto Math is likely not something that comes from scumbuddies? and I think Theta lining up Tor -> Math is also unlikely to come from Theta!scum with Math but I dislike the way Theta voted Tor for like just changing his reads and Math seems like they're more focused on mechanics than finding scum, and Toranga also makes a good point that scum will be making an effort to be townblocced and Math seems more like that than anybody else. Gamma has some towny points in his ISO but overall I think there were a lot of scummy things too + he's scummier than most players in the game. hebichan has a bad ISO and there's nothing towny about her I think.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10748 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Toranaga »

VOTE: hebichan

choo choo

love this post too ausuka
Toranaga