Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #11475 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:15 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 11457, Toranaga wrote:you don't understand how math being leader incriminates you? that's rather incredible.
No, I protected him because that was Sakura’s plan. I would have rather echoed Drixx, instead.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11476 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

Tor why did you break the plan you yourself created?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11477 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Drixx »

If Gamma Emerald voted for Nero, then the only possible conclusions are:

1.) {Sakura, Tora, Nancy} are the remaining scum and they were able to make Math leader by outvoting {Ausuka, Gamma} as Math would not have won a tie.

2.) Scum have a factional ability to force their choice of leader.

That is pretty much the entire possibility space.

As far as finding out if today is MYLO ... the only realistic way to do that is to try and lynch Math ... but with GE having claimed to vote Nero, it seems impossible for Math to be scum here. We know there's 3 scum left. You can't vote for yourself. Math needed 3 votes to become leader. That's pretty much a clear.

So what explanation best fits what we see?

It seems unreasonable for scum to get even a 1-shot leader override because the whole point of the leader slot is the person has to be townread by a plurality. That subverts the mechanic. It's inelegant (but not, of course, impossible).

If we discard a scum factional ability to install leader of choice, then we're left with {Tora, Sakura, Nancy} -- Using Petrify on one of your own team is a pretty ballsy gambit but it could absolutely be what we're seeing and if it is, it might even work. Nancy is clawing tooth and nail to be left alive to heal Sakura (which obviously scum if they use petrify on one of their own they're going to want to undo it once the person has the desired "Town" tag attached to them for being petrified). And then we have both Tora and Nancy spewing and going after one another, which is classic scum theatre.

So umm ... {Tora, Sakura, Nancy} is the answer I think.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #11478 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 11475, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 11457, Toranaga wrote:you don't understand how math being leader incriminates you? that's rather incredible.
No, I protected him because that was Sakura’s plan. I would have rather echoed Drixx, instead.
P.edit. What part of my voting no lynch to not giving him and his scumpals protection and bombing and redirecting powers are you also not getting?

I voted Ausuka last night, because I thought she was taking bomb and as leader would be safe.

What are Math’s powers again? How was scum able to kill someone with SS phasing and petrify the reigning leader?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11479 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

sheep me Drixx
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11480 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 11474, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 11456, Toranaga wrote:
In post 11454, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 11427, Toranaga wrote:
In post 11414, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 11292, Sando wrote:
In post 11288, the worst wrote:ughhh in Tora's memory I feel we should just lynch Theta Nancy and Math and win but ye it works
If Tora his scum!Theta here I don't see how we possibly lose. It confirms Nancy+Math as scum.

I think we want Tora to bomb Theta either way today, but I'd like to work out the mylo bit first.
No, it fucking doesn’t. Please explain why I begged the person who was NK - whom I fucking used HT on - to use bp that night? Oh and yeah, let’s just allow the 2 hidden scum to kill every night with 0 accountability. If town is seriously this brain dead, then scum deserves to win this. What’s really depressing. is we don’t have to let this happen but no one wants to listen to me, so we’re clearly fucked. Good work, guys. \o/

Except obviously Nero, who seems to be seeing things clearly. At least if I get stupidly mislynched, hopefully he might be able to hopefully turn things around?

I know that UFO and Sando seem to be content to allow the 2 hidden scum to coast. lol
why are you talking shit about me? you got powers every day and you caught 0 scum. stop blaming other people for your losses.
You are advocating for my mislynch, for I don’t even understand for what possible reasons. So, yeah, I think I’ve fucking earned that right now, don’t you think? :roll:
no you don't. who is scum, then? give us solutions.
Yes I have totally fucking have!

Other then obviously Math? I don’t know. I really thought Nos was scum but then why wouldn’t he have killed me? I am a bit suspicious of the worst, who should be able to read me correctly, for parking that vote on me. I dunno, I obviously was wrong about leashing Math. However, what I am feeling extremely confident about is that we have 2 hidden scum left in this game. I 100% believe that both Titus and Math lied about giving Ank/Stun powers. We figure out who they are, we win.
If Gamma Emerald is telling the truth about voting for Nero, Math literally cannot be scum here unless scum were given a factional ability to force leader choice.

Given that the premise of this game was that we all started as "aspiring" and had no powers, then it follows that scum
should
only have a factional kill power and otherwise needed to be townread and included in the teams to get other powers.

It's possible there are other factional abilities. I don't see it as very plausible though. It would require either a very poor game design choice or a hidden mechanic which allows scum to pick up non public abilities. Those things just seem like a big reach when we already have a logical answer to what we see.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11481 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 11478, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 11475, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
P.edit. What part of my voting no lynch to not giving him and his scumpals protection and bombing and redirecting powers are you also not getting?

I voted Ausuka last night
, because I thought she was taking bomb and as leader would be safe.

What are Math’s powers again? How was scum able to kill someone with SS phasing and petrify the reigning leader?
Thanks for the scum claim. A town you would have said the very first thing the day started with unexpected leader that you didn't stick to the plan. I refuse to believe you thought Ausuka would be protected last night by leader status.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #11482 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:26 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 11477, Drixx wrote:If Gamma Emerald voted for Nero, then the only possible conclusions are:

1.) {Sakura, Tora, Nancy} are the remaining scum and they were able to make Math leader by outvoting {Ausuka, Gamma} as Math would not have won a tie.

As far as finding out if today is MYLO ... the only realistic way to do that is to try and lynch Math ... but with GE having claimed to vote Nero, it seems impossible for Math to be scum here. We know there's 3 scum left. You can't vote for yourself. Math needed 3 votes to become leader. That's pretty much a clear.

It seems unreasonable for scum to get even a 1-shot leader override because the whole point of the leader slot is the person has to be townread by a plurality. That subverts the mechanic. It's inelegant (but not, of course, impossible).

If we discard a scum factional ability to install leader of choice, then we're left with {Tora, Sakura, Nancy} -- Using Petrify on one of your own team is a pretty ballsy gambit but it could absolutely be what we're seeing and if it is, it might even work. Nancy is clawing tooth and nail to be left alive to heal Sakura (which obviously scum if they use petrify on one of their own they're going to want to undo it once the person has the desired "Town" tag attached to them for being petrified). And then we have both Tora and Nancy spewing and going after one another, which is classic scum theatre.

What? Are you freaking kidding me? You seriously think Sakura is scum here? My God, with these brilliant town minds we’ve got here, how can town possibly lose?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #11483 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 11477, Drixx wrote:If Gamma Emerald voted for Nero, then the only possible conclusions are:

My brain hurts and I wanna read this tonight and examine more in depth. I just feel like Swiss cheese atm or just raw.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11484 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Toranaga »

well nancy, you can't just complain

I'm going out to eat and catch a movie. when I'm back, you find scum and tell me who scum is so I can bomb it, alright? no blaming people for things that aren't their fault. I've done my best and regret nothing I did this game, other than I should have been even louder and more confident about what I felt cause turns out I was right a whole lot.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #11485 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

I think people being loud is the problem not the solution. :/
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11486 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 11479, Nero Cain wrote:sheep me Drixx
I don't need to. We both got to the same conclusion by different routes. The fact that there exists two different reasonable ways to end at "Tora scum" is pretty damning.

And Nancy literally just scum claimed.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11487 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Toranaga »

nancy didn't scumclaim at all, you're just confused.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #11488 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 11486, Drixx wrote:
In post 11479, Nero Cain wrote:sheep me Drixx
I don't need to. We both got to the same conclusion by different routes. The fact that there exists two different reasonable ways to end at "Tora scum" is pretty damning.

And Nancy literally just scum claimed.
Then I have a harebrained idea. I wanna review what you posted first to see if it makes sense

But Tor scum makes sense with how I have scumread him all game and he kept wanting my head yesterday.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #11489 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Creature »

Hi Sando
Sigh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11490 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 11203, Toranaga wrote:but unless there's 4 wolves, nero should have got this
or there's a scum in you or Nancy or one of you didn't follow the plan.
In post 11231, Toranaga wrote:taking a break from mafia

V/LA for 3-4 days
*sees you continue to post*

well, that was short.
In post 11408, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 11281, the worst wrote:VOTE: Nancy
No, I am town and I can prove it, if need be.
how?
In post 11436, Toranaga wrote:what is your theory, genius?
Does it matter? Math's been doing the precog for days right. Why lie last night but not b4?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11491 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why is Gamma voting me at all?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11492 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

If Math needed 3 votes to beat me doesn't this point to not Math scum? Otherwise, we are assuming that a rouge town voted Math.

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11493 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 11487, Toranaga wrote:nancy didn't scumclaim at all, you're just confused.
I'm confused? Nancy didn't vote for Nero as she was supposed to. The moment Nancy saw that Math was leader, a town!Nancy would have immediately said that she deviated from the plan. Instead she waits until she gets POEd by the fact that Math is leader to claim she voted somewhere else?

How is that NOT a scum claim again?

And let's take a moment and assume that Nancy DID vote Ausuka. That still leaves {Gamma, Tora, Sakura, Ausuka} as people who were planned to vote or have claimed to vote for Nero.

So we're still in a position there where there has to be 2-3 scum in that pool, or else Math wouldn't be leader.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11494 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Sando »

We're not in Mylo, it's town+1, math isn't today's lynch.

So the math for no-lynch assuming Tor blows up Math succesfully, we go into tonight with 8(+1)/3.

Kill - 7(+1)/3
Bomb - 6(+1)/2
Petrify - 5(+2)/2
Echo Petrify - 4 (+3)/2

Lynch scum tomorrow:
4 (+3)/1
Kill - 3 (+3) / 1
Petrify - 2 (+3) / 1
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #11495 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 11482, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

So umm ... {Tora, Sakura, Nancy} is the answer I think
What? Are you freaking kidding me? You seriously think Sakura is scum here? My God, with these brilliant town minds we’ve got here, how can town possibly lose?
P.edit. if you are seriously scumreading Sakura then please explain to me, exactly what possible motivation is there in scum petrifing probably the most widely townread townie, left in the entire game.

Hmmm . . . I don’t see Math anywhere on your list. :thinking:

Have you ever heard of LAR? Well Math clearly lied and yet, you are still townreading him?

:igmeou:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11496 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 11492, Nero Cain wrote:If Math needed 3 votes to beat me doesn't this point to not Math scum? Otherwise, we are assuming that a rouge town voted Math.
he is obvscum

the theory is that since math can't self vote, the numbers don't add up unless wolves pack voted town math, you see? that's why drixx is saying it. I thought that was why you were saying it too but I see you haven't got there yet...
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #11497 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Creature »

In post 11477, Drixx wrote:1.) {Sakura, Tora, Nancy} are the remaining scum and they were able to make Math leader by outvoting {Ausuka, Gamma} as Math would not have won a tie.
Yah, that sounds stupid.
Sigh
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11498 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 11492, Nero Cain wrote:If Math needed 3 votes to beat me doesn't this point to not Math scum? Otherwise, we are assuming that a rouge town voted Math.
Pretty sure once everyone has checked in we're going to have nobody claiming to have voted for Math.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11499 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I still don't think Sakura is scum but Tora/Nancy makes sense.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”