MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1296, Ankamius wrote:I found some interesting stuff

Can everyone here point to around 2-4 posts indicating roughly why your reads are the way they are (or more if it requires it, I'm actually not too picky about that) so I can cross-reference with my own thoughts?

The extent of my 'reads' is just a single strong townread and that's not quite enough for me, as well as not being a confident-type read that I'd be willing to lock.
Will do this tomorrow I have the flu
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1300, Hiraki wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Dunn
Why, Hiraki? I didn’t get around to saying why I had a scumlean towards Dunnstral, and then couldn’t do any posts because of the triple-posting rule. I’m interested to hear your thoughts on why you’re voting for him?

<<< Duplicate post deleted. >>>
Last edited by mastina on Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:24 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Thanks Hiraki

I appreciate the help
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:51 am

Post by Hiraki »

I'm more positive here, your thoughts will never impact my vote unless I completely concur with them
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:31 am

Post by Ankamius »

Cool

Your thoughts will never impact my vote when they're stuck in your head
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:24 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

@madtina, could you delete my duplicate posts please? Thanks. I’m holding off posting so I don’t break the rules
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 966, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 958, Pine wrote:
In post 957, Dunnstral wrote:Pine you need to get on eevee
I don't vote for people I think are Town, and I don't appreciate the implied threat there.
intent
In post 969, Pine wrote:
In post 958, Pine wrote:
I don't vote for people I think are Town, and I don't appreciate the implied threat there.
intent
Sigh

You fuckers

I'm the doctor. Back off
In post 970, Wisdom wrote:not buying it

@Ank I would look here and then MafMen’s (now Trinity’s reaction)

Dunn + Pine doesn’t make sense here. Between the posts that don’t happen with daychat this doesn’t either.

Pine was widely scumread at this point in the game. I don’t see scum going “Hey do intent so we can get the protective out of your lynch”

I was still arguing rather loudly I didn’t think Pine was scum and there was a lot of motion towards other wagons.

There was a lot of wagoning of Eevee (the protective) as well. That helps to influence my read.

Therefore Dunn is a townread. As I said earlier Lycanfire doesn’t throw that hissy fit as scum.

So to me it’s between Trinity and Hiraki and I will respond to the rest of the posts later tonight or tomorrow
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1298, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 1292, MathBlade wrote:1) It might just make a difference Trinity. If you suck at explaining yourself then through trying people can go “Hey wait a minute that doesn’t make sense” and then you either reexplain or realize your point doesn’t make sense.

Saying “hey I suck at town so I won’t try” doesn’t help. And that is what it feels like you’re doing.

2) If you are confused by something point it out.

Say in like post 123456 I was confused when you said blah blah blah

We are more experienced players (judging by the join date) so don’t be intimidated by that. The best way to get better is to try.

And if you’re scum (as I think you are) you get better at trying to fake your reads.

So win win
Thanks for the pep talk :) I will try. Though, throughout the game I have often asked questions, and mostly they haven’t been replied to. For example, why did Jingle self vote?

Nearly all of Lycanfire’s recent posts confused me, I barely understood a sentence in them, and now that he’s gone, I can’t ask him. Why does nobody seem fazed that he suddenly left like that, just for getting a warning? Is that a sign that his slot is the mafia one maybe? I had thought that Lycanfire must be town because surely nobody would put THAT much effort in if they were town, but I could be wrong.

MathBlade, you have looked like scum to me at various points, but I’m still leaning town on you. I might be changing my mind on Hiraki, after doing some ISOs, so that leaves Dunstraal as my scumlean ATM.
People rarely if ever throw fits like that as scum. If he did then I will have to re-evaluate playing with him in the future.

Jingle self voted because it sped up his demise. He was outed wolf. Everything he posted was to put his buddy in a better position.

Effort is also not alignment indicative. Anyone who knows me knows this fact.

And I try to do my best as either alignment and work toward not having meta “tells” as I feel they weaken the game. It’s more I want people to evaluate me as I am now not past me. Do I bring good stuff to the table? The answer is yes.

So what stood out to you in Hiraki’s ISOs?
In general regardless of alignment it is better if you expand on it. You sound really fake without putting in a post or an event that makes you townread Hiraki. It makes me scumread you more.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:21 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1306, TrinityNZ wrote:@madtina, could you delete my duplicate posts please? Thanks. I’m holding off posting so I don’t break the rules
In post 0, mastina wrote:
Infractions
  • Identical posts will be deleted, thus don't count towards post totals. Posts with broken tags will have their tags fixed, so don't repost something broken with a fixed tag; that
    does
    count towards post totals.
<<< So, counts as one of your posts and was not necessary to make. >>>
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Meh, is it just hiraki?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1310, Dunnstral wrote:Meh, is it just hiraki?
Would love it if you put in some effort somewhere.

@Ank Are you caught up? I would love to see your thoughts?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Vote to implement deadline

Can we have some prods if people? Been Thursday since most posted
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1312, MathBlade wrote:
Can we have some prods if people?
<<< You can indeed. Those eligible have been given prods. >>>
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by Ankamius »

uh... I forgot about this game :x
In post 1307, MathBlade wrote:
In post 958, Pine wrote:
intent
In post 969, Pine wrote:
In post 958, Pine wrote:
intent
Sigh

You fuckers

I'm the doctor. Back off

Dunn + Pine doesn’t make sense here. Between the posts that don’t happen with daychat this doesn’t either.

Pine was widely scumread at this point in the game. I don’t see scum going “Hey do intent so we can get the protective out of your lynch”

I was still arguing rather loudly I didn’t think Pine was scum and there was a lot of motion towards other wagons.

There was a lot of wagoning of Eevee (the protective) as well. That helps to influence my read.

Therefore Dunn is a townread. As I said earlier Lycanfire doesn’t throw that hissy fit as scum.

So to me it’s between Trinity and Hiraki and I will respond to the rest of the posts later tonight or tomorrow
this seems sound on the surface but I'll need to confirm it myself, it's not entirely impossible to me that it was a sort of power play in order to solidify scum's position for later on if Pine was that significantly scumread
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:28 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 958, Pine wrote:
intent
In post 969, Pine wrote:
In post 958, Pine wrote:
intent
Sigh

You fuckers

I'm the doctor. Back off

What doesn’t make sense to me, Dunn, is why you told Pine he ‘needed’ to get on Eevee? And then Pine said it was an implied threat. Doesn’t look like a threat to me. It looks like Pine trying to deflect a bad post from Dunn.

I don’t agree with you, Math, I think the exchange is pretty suspicious. Especially, as you noted, Pine was being scumread at that point. It doesn’t follow to me that ‘therefore’ Dunn is a townread. I also don’t think he has done as much as others in the way of scum hunting (not that I can talk, I know, I haven’t been great at it).

I had originally thought Hiraki was the last scum, probably mainly because Wisdom said so, and he was right about Pine. Not a great reason, I know! Hiraki has been scummy previously in being on again/off again on Eevee and Pine, but I’ve liked some of his more recent posts. It’s either Hiraki or Dunn for me at this point.

Hiraki, can you explain why you’re voting Dunn? Sorry if I’ve missed it above, I’m posting on an ipad so it’s tricky quoting or viewing posts.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:29 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1259, Dunnstral wrote:For context I disagree when you say Mathblade looks like the last scum

I was thinking Hiraki with off chance at trinity with you being the question mark
Why do you think Hiraki? I’m open to being convinced.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hmm. That's twice my phone decided not to post. Sorry. I'm here, just not getting my posts in for some reason.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1315, TrinityNZ wrote:Hiraki, can you explain why you’re voting Dunn? Sorry if I’ve missed it above, I’m posting on an ipad so it’s tricky quoting or viewing posts.
In post 1174, Hiraki wrote:
In post 1172, LuckyOtter wrote:@Hiraki, K. Yesterday you said you didn't like some of Dunn's phrasings. Can you clarify that with examples?
They read bad in post-sight. I might've called them good before but there's something I didn't really get about them. That had a lot to do with how Lucky had Eevee and Pine pinned as scum together. I never ever got that feeling and we agreed on reads there. I think Wisdom even called me out on this and I just said I dunno.
When, at the same time:
In post 495, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 494, LuckyOtter wrote:2. Earlier in the game I'd disagree with this, but given the state of the game now, this is correct. Just sticking a single vote on someone when there are 2 or 3 other wagons going, the proponents of which aren't budging very much, is not going to go anywhere and Eevee must know this.
If Eevee actually proposed any kind of case for pushing Pine, I'd feel better about it.
Seems like a scum on scum interaction to me - eevee with pine
In post 542, Dunnstral wrote:I get the feeling that Fuzzy is town, also I don't like seeing pine and sircakez on there
In post 730, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 725, EeveeLution Army wrote:1) cause honestly i dont see why mom got killed at all
Why does that mean it wasn't pine specifically?

Weird that you said this but now can't back it up or even explain your thought process here
It's only after they CC that this theory (obviously) drops but it's weird in hindsight. There's really no reason to push it this hard. Which is something to note when the CC does happen -
In post 986, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 969, Pine wrote:I'm the doctor. Back off
Now stop with the counter wagons and get on eevee
I don't get where this shift comes from.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:16 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1316, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 1259, Dunnstral wrote:For context I disagree when you say Mathblade looks like the last scum

I was thinking Hiraki with off chance at trinity with you being the question mark
Dunnstral are you going to answer?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:55 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1316, TrinityNZ wrote:

Math looks like town, Lycan slot looks like town, I think Hiraki is more likely than you and has bad interactions with the scum
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1315, TrinityNZ wrote:What doesn’t make sense to me, Dunn, is why you told Pine he ‘needed’ to get on Eevee?
Wasn't the gamestate like pine vs eevee wagons at the time?

He needed to be on eevee or he was being lynched instead - I think that's what I meant
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1321, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1315, TrinityNZ wrote:What doesn’t make sense to me, Dunn, is why you told Pine he ‘needed’ to get on Eevee?
Wasn't the gamestate like pine vs eevee wagons at the time?

He needed to be on eevee or he was being lynched instead - I think that's what I meant
Oh OK that makes sense.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Hiraki »

If you buy that, lynch me today and then get him tomorrow
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1314, Ankamius wrote:uh... I forgot about this game :x
In post 958, Pine wrote:
intent
In post 969, Pine wrote:
In post 958, Pine wrote:
intent
Sigh

You fuckers

I'm the doctor. Back off

this seems sound on the surface but I'll need to confirm it myself, it's not entirely impossible to me that it was a sort of power play in order to solidify scum's position for later on if Pine was that significantly scumread
Sooooooooo.....

This is a lot of emptiness

Cmon chica what are you thinking?

Between the horrid exchange between the last three people and you’re not taking a stance on anything I am half way tempted to just throw away everything and start fresh.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”