Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #12050 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12049, Toranaga wrote:no one should use suicide bombing at night because scum can have power echo, yes? it's definitely not a good idea.
I imho should be using suicide bomber to remove conf scum and testing me.

If scum have and want to use power echo to confirm me as town we still have plenty of breathing room if they do.

We have eliminated one scum today that would have had negate or echo more than likely given when Nancy was given powers.

If you’re asking me not to shoot someone who imho is confirmed scum that requires a fuck ton of explanation
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12051 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:07 am

Post by MathBlade »

Furthermore assuming Tor flips red that is a second. Gamma would necessarily be the third.

If Tor somehow flips town which I find extremely unlikely we need to have that check of me to everyone.

So respectfully no I shouldn’t precog Drixx.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12052 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Sando »

Drixx/Nero I think you're the leader candidates in the case of a townflip, plans for tonight? If you've got goo that's a good one, but then best to tell townies not to protect as well.

Math can 'safely' bomb on a scumflip since we can assume they have petrify so echo is just a swap for that.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12053 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:09 am

Post by Sando »

Also Drixx/Nero you guys happy to do the three-way single vote with me? Scum can't possibly get us all, and scum can't vote themselves to equal us. We'd be the only ones that vote (see my iso for the round-robin).
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12054 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Sando »

In post 12051, MathBlade wrote:If Tor somehow flips town which I find extremely unlikely we need to have that check of me to everyone.
If Tor flips town somehow then I can't see Gamma/Math not having at least one, possibly two scum in it. I'd rather you suicide bomb Gamma tomorrow w/o protection at that point I think.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12055 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Drixx »

Precog is the play Math. Trust me. If you don't precog, you're going to end up eating rope tomorrow and there won't be anything I can do to stop it.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12056 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 12050, MathBlade wrote:
In post 12049, Toranaga wrote:no one should use suicide bombing at night because scum can have power echo, yes? it's definitely not a good idea.
I imho should be using suicide bomber to remove conf scum and testing me.

If scum have and want to use power echo to confirm me as town we still have plenty of breathing room if they do.

We have eliminated one scum today that would have had negate or echo more than likely given when Nancy was given powers.

If you’re asking me not to shoot someone who imho is confirmed scum that requires a fuck ton of explanation
the explanation is as follows:

if I flip scum, there is only one scum left. meaning you will benefit from taking the slower approach anyway, cause there isn't much my scum partner can do individually to mess up with town.

if I flip town, and you use SUI at night, there are two wolves who can mess up with your ability use and block, redirect or duplicate it's effects on town. if we're both town and you use sui, it can have devastating consequences.

if I flip town and you used precog today, you can take sui and then flip both you and gamma, because if I flip town everybody will want you dead.

so considering all possibilities, you should use precog and take sui. cover your basis so that in a scenario where we're both town, we still have a good shot at winning cause you'll resolve both yourself and gamma emerald tomorrow. YOLOing on gamma tonight is ineffective because in the scenario where I'm town, there are two scum with powers to manipulate that action.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12057 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12054, Sando wrote:
In post 12051, MathBlade wrote:If Tor somehow flips town which I find extremely unlikely we need to have that check of me to everyone.
If Tor flips town somehow then I can't see Gamma/Math not having at least one, possibly two scum in it. I'd rather you suicide bomb Gamma tomorrow w/o protection at that point I think.

I agree with Sando here if Tor flips town
And if he flips red I vig Gamma at night.

I have been screaming Tor scum for the longest time.

I am going to kill confirmed scum tonight. Imho it is gamethrowing otherwise.

If I eat rope tomorrow for it so be it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12058 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:15 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 12051, MathBlade wrote:Furthermore assuming Tor flips red that is a second. Gamma would necessarily be the third.

If Tor somehow flips town which I find extremely unlikely we need to have that check of me to everyone.

the check on you is by you voluntarily flipping yourself with gamma tomorrow. that's what sakura did today. that's the townplay.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12059 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:16 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 12054, Sando wrote:
there you go. that's why math should precog.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12060 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:16 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12058, Toranaga wrote:
In post 12051, MathBlade wrote:Furthermore assuming Tor flips red that is a second. Gamma would necessarily be the third.

the check on you is by you voluntarily flipping yourself with gamma tomorrow. that's what sakura did today. that's the townplay.
No it fucking isn’t. I 100% know scum is between you two.

Therefore I kill you ASAP.

I understand you guys don’t know that but I do.

I am not precogging.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12061 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 12060, MathBlade wrote:

I am not precogging.
@drixx you understand this is confscum, right?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12062 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Sando »

If not precogging so can bomb tonight, why not bombing today so we can adjust our lynch to it?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12063 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

@Tor you realize I could have just agreed with Drixx’s stupid plan and made something up and then we lynched you anyway if I was scum right?

Stop saying because I don’t do idiotic things I am scum. It’s just false
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12064 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 10725, MathBlade wrote:Redirector
EH
1-shot during each day vote swapper PM mod
HT
BP
Shapeshifting — Make your powers look like someone else. Doesn’t count toward power usage.

^^ The precog list
Hypnosis: Target another player. Any actions this player uses before the end of the next Day Phase will be redirected to another player of your choice instead.
Mind Control: Target another player. You may move their vote once before the end of the next Day Phase. You may change its position by PM'ing the Mod (me).
**Precognition: Learn the next set of Superpowers available for acquisition before they're revealed.
**Self-Detonation: Target another player. Both you and that player will die.
*Shapeshifting: Target another player. Any actions you take this Night Phase will appear as though that player performed them instead.
Weather Manipulation: Target another player. If that player takes Flight, that player dies.
it's a very small point against math but I should note that not only are half the actions wrong, but they're also not in the right order? and I think on d2 when math was confirming titus they had an order of superpowers that was then confirmed to be such. I'll search this to be sure.

my guess is that scum actually knows what powers are in the game, but doesn't know when they're getting released. math just pointed at powers that weren't used yet as what will be here next gameday and got lucky.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12065 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12062, Sando wrote:If not precogging so can bomb tonight, why not bombing today so we can adjust our lynch to it?
I don’t have a suicide bomb or I would
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12066 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 12063, MathBlade wrote:@Tor you realize I could have just agreed with Drixx’s stupid plan and made something up and then we lynched you anyway if I was scum right?

Stop saying because I don’t do idiotic things I am scum. It’s just false
you're lynching me anyway.

there are now 3 people agreeing you should take precog btw. I know you'll make up anything to get me lynched and the results will be off again, but I want to make it clear you are lying about your results.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12067 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Drixx »

I am not precogging.
If there IS a scum ability to force install a leader, then it's actually quite possible for there to be zero scum in {Math, Tora, Gamma}

So no you cannot proceed as if it's a certainty. It's highly probable but that's not the same thing as certain.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12068 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:26 am

Post by Toranaga »

if scum had the power to change the actions like that, we wouldn't even have precog in the first place.

and why would scum give us suicide bombing and elect town!math to get it? makes no sense, drixx.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12069 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12067, Drixx wrote:

I am not precogging.
If there IS a scum ability to force install a leader, then it's actually quite possible for there to be zero scum in {Math, Tora, Gamma}

So no you cannot proceed as if it's a certainty. It's highly probable but that's not the same thing as certain.
Give me time to think about this because quite frankly if scum have that it’s really fucking stupid. I want time to think through whether that should even impact what I do or we just assume that that can’t be the case.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12070 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12068, Toranaga wrote:if scum had the power to change the actions like that, we wouldn't even have precog in the first place.

and why would scum give us suicide bombing and elect town!math to get it? makes no sense, drixx.
Scum you thinks I am an idiot along with the rest of MS. Take advantage of a mod error then make me leader and watch everyone squirm.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12071 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

I have a work meeting then out with friends. I am NOT making this decision without thinking it through.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12072 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 4122, Titus wrote:@Math, The second power is Freezing.

What is the third?
In post 4162, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4122, Titus wrote:@Math, The second power is Freezing.

What is the third?
I confirm this.

Third is impenetrable skin.

Didn’t expect him to get back to me so fast.

Titus used precog.
and so it follows:

**Healing Touch: Target another player. If that player has not been killed, any debilitating or harmful effects are removed.
Impenetrable Skin: You are protected from one killing action until the next Night Phase.
Petrification: Target another player. That player loses their ability to post, vote, and submit actions and no longer counts for parity.
Power Echo: Target another player. Any targeting Superpowers this player uses this Night Phase will be used on another player of your choice in addition to their original target.
Power Negation: Target another player. That player can neither use Superpowers nor be targeted by them until the next Night Phase.
*Shapeshifting: Target another player. Any actions you take this Night Phase will appear as though that player performed them instead.

2nd and 3rd powers are also the 2nd and 3rd powers from next gameday. meaning not only would the mod have to make a mistake on the list, but also the list would have to be out of order completely, but still have future powers there that town didn't know about in the first place.

this didn't happen. mathblade lied about precog yesterday and only got 2 new powers right because scum probably has a list of all the powers that will be in the game in the first place.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12073 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Sando »

In post 12068, Toranaga wrote:if scum had the power to change the actions like that, we wouldn't even have precog in the first place.

What about the difference in powers between what Math posted and what's available makes it worthwhile for Math to blatantly lie about the powers?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12074 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 12073, Sando wrote:

What about the difference in powers between what Math posted and what's available makes it worthwhile for Math to blatantly lie about the powers?
my theory is that mathblade never took precog last gameday, and wolves just know all the powers that are available in the game, without knowing what gamedays they will be available in. that's why from the 6 powers math said, 3 of them were just not there and 2 of them are brand new powers. he knew what powers were left in the game and just claimed those cause they'd likely be the d6 powers, and then got 1 out of 4 for the other powers.

it's definitely not a mod mistake. it's a lie.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”