Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (isolation #200) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Nauci »

I still have a hard time seeing why Gus over Skitter. I thought Skitter or Shoshin would have been the most likely targets.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2381 (isolation #201) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2377, Irrelephant11 wrote:I thought Bernie's turn on Gamma could only come from town, it was too dangerously attention-grabbing to come from scum (re:bernie bro)

He asked us who are less-experienced to trust him. idk, this setup could include information I don't have that he does. I townread him, I only marginally want the worst dead over mom, and he asked us to BoP him if it doesn't work out. I'm not like giving my vote to Bernie, I'm just not voting the worst this game day because I somewhat trust Bernie.
I think that in the light of recent events (read: claim) and Math-Worst evaluation, I am
extremely
interested in prodding TW to explain what he meant by the NK target comment and potentially claiming if so. I think that it's a major update from when Bernie made the plea.

That, and I'm not seeing a hard scum read on Mom like everyone else seems to. Scummy? Sure. Circumstantially/game state scummy? Also yes. Super ultra gross scum posting? Eh. Seems more like depression apathy (how well I know thee...) + tunneling. I think that after my catch up, even with as much "TW is kind of always like this" anti-bias as I can muster, I just think it's an outright scummier slot.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2382 (isolation #202) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:30 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2380, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2361, Nauci wrote:@Shoshin I think that *everything* Scumrelephant did was calculated, and his votes especially. He was opportunistic, but never blatantly so, and will try to run a wagon up on a player he considers threatening to scum if given the opportunity, as well as fall in line with a popular wagon without the greatest of reasons if necessary, including flip flopping. So don't let Irrelephant sheep without providing perspective, ever. I don't think Scumrrelephant would dare to start any wagons, but I'm not sure if Townrrelephant would either and will need to go read his town game. I do think Scumrrelephant is fairly reluctant to succumb to momentous town reads on formerly easy mislynches though, once he has declared a scum read on someone, unless it's his partner.
Opportunistic, yes. He's jumped around to a lot of popular wagons. But is that calculated? I'm not sure. I could be wrong but I feel like scum don't flop their reads around this much. But you and BV might be right, I'm not that confident in my read by any means. Sort of null for me at this point.
If you want to know why I think he's extremely calculating about literally everything he posts, just skim our scum thread:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=75864

In that game, he managed to come up with reasons for flip flopping on a number of people and always kept track of keeping certain players viable as lynches for both game state and his POV, and went through quite a number of candidates on Day 3.

Just trust me that regardless of alignment, Irrelephant is tryhard AF, whether out loud in game thread or <elsewhere>. (That's as a compliment, Irrelephant!)

I would have expected Townrrelephant to have drowned us in a small deluge of analysis on your claim and the possible connotations by now.

...but maybe he did it in the scum PT, if there is day chat.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2418 (isolation #203) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2383, Irrelephant11 wrote:lol PR speculation was teacher's MO, not mine. I guess my initial feeling is that PR speculation helps scum more than town? But maybe post-full-reveal it would be more helpful to think about...
In the thread, sure

But in our thread, I'm pretty sure you looked through every possibility of fake claiming and other evaluations

I'm not sure why you wouldn't do that as town here because I'm damn sure your mind thought through the possibilities!
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2419 (isolation #204) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2385, Irrelephant11 wrote:But @nauci I'm just busy this week, I barely have time to keep up with the thread. I'd love to be much more tryhard. I could copy/paste all the wagon analysis I did on my own at the start of D2 if you want proof that I continue to be tryhardrelephant (lol the elephant portmanteaus are my fav), but like you say my effort is NAI. I'm trying my hardest, promise
Effort is AI if it provides insight to your thought process

The asking everyone questions and arbitrary statements are not
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2420 (isolation #205) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2389, BlackVoid wrote:It might actually be a good idea for TheWorst/Momrangal to claim. If we're going to wait all the way until intent is given, we're probably going to scramble towards deadline and it seems pretty obvious that those are our likely options.
In post 2394, Shoshin wrote:Nothing wrong with getting two claims imo.
If Shoshin isn't the nk
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2526 (isolation #206) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Nauci »

Haven't read Day 3 posts yet but here's my analysis after Night 2:
  • Skitter is town. Skitter is soooooooooo town.
  • Day 2 Momrangal basically gave up, so it's very likely that scum bussed her and are on wagon (at least 1, if not both). Especially busworthy if Scum PT was inactive.
  • IMO, this would be slightly alignment indicative for sorting the rest of the game. People who are on wagon and would like daychat look better, and people who are off wagon and would love daychat look worse (only applicable to people I think would have a clear opinion on the matter, e.g. I'm fairly certain that Irrelephant would
    hate
    to give up Daychat and been less eager to bus when TW was a viable target unless Irrelephant/TW were the other two scum. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure N_M couldn't give fewer fucks?)
  • The Worst played within his scum meta, and not terribly like his town meta. Don't have time to link stuff about his town meta at the moment though; hella behind in class because of illness.
  • I went and skimmed some BV games. Didn't really manage to glean alignment indicators. Was leaning town due to post content but 0 votes on Day 2 pings me badly.
  • Read Irrelephant's town replace-in game. Feeling better about him (in addition to above note).
  • Bernie's end of day 1 is much more questionable now.
  • I'm not sure why Momrangal would tunnel Bernie the way she did if they were scum together. Would that be likely to make him look town, or make him look more suspicious? Not sure how to feel about that.
  • I guess that's a very, very high chance that Gustavo is town, unless scumGus pulled a night 1 No Kill in hopes there was a JK or Doctor to confuse?
  • Errant needs to post a lot more. I haven't seen much of anything AI.
Current Reads:

• Shoshin - Odd Night Town Doctor

• Gamma Emerald - Vanilla Town

• Nauci

• Skitter

• Gustavo

• Irrelephant11

• Keyser Soze

• Bernie Sanders

• ErrantParabola

• BlackVoid

• Not_Mafia