For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Skygazer »

still at work so i cant make an effort post but if you want even more of a mindfuck one of the layers of my avatar is from the show avatar
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:36 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 157, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 141, FrankJaeger wrote:It's also awkward that I've ended those last 2 post's with "for now"... I'm tired, goodnight.
no one cares. Why do you care?
*tries not to cry*
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:40 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 167, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 160, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 156, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 102, Almost50 wrote:Sky's entrance to the game is alarming. Everything she said so far "could" be interpreted as a mere joke. However -in my experience- joking about lynching the IC always comes from scum. And her last post/joke is even more alarming. I feel like it's been made for the sole purpose of declaring herself as the true traitor. It's as if she took ruru's earlier post about the traitor as an inquiry and is responding to it in fashion.

So,
my case on Sky is she is the Traitor
Sir, don't do this to me.
I will not hesitate to tell
the class why I think this is wrong, especially from you.
idt i see it
care to explain?
It's a meta read, but I
prefer not to give
it unless necessary because it involves outing an alt
Which is it?

P.s And meta reads are usually garbage
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:44 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 180, skitter30 wrote:
==

frankjaeger's entrance is kinda meh
I see you've never played with me before
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:20 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 163, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 162, Antihero wrote:gamma's entrance has a stick-up-the-ass feel

i don't like it
gammas null for me rn.
y dont u like his entrance?
i think 153 and 154 are a weirdly clinched way to shut down a legitimate thought train

155 also specifically bugs me bc i answer that in a later post but he doesn't bother to revisit it even though he apparently thought enough of it to ask in the first place

the rest of the posts are these collections of one-liner responses to meh posts that sort of exist just to take up space
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:22 am

Post by ruru »

VOTE: FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:47 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 206, ruru wrote:VOTE: FrankJaeger
I thought we moved beyond rvs
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Creature »

Frank feels town
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Creature »

In post 186, Vex Vience wrote:what about ruru is telling u she's town?
In post 60, ruru wrote:Hey guys I'm traitor no shoot pls

VOTE: Almost50
In post 61, ruru wrote:Also how about we stop talking about how many prs we think scum can claim
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Creature »

If I go crazy:
01. Almost50

02. HeWhoSwims
03. Skygazer
04. ruru

05. Antihero
06. ManWithNoName
07. Enigma
08. FrankJaeger
09. Creature

10. Gamma Emerald
11. skitter30
12. Vex Vience
Sigh
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 210, Creature wrote:If I go crazy:
01. Almost50

02. HeWhoSwims
03. Skygazer
04. ruru

05. Antihero
06. ManWithNoName
07. Enigma
08. FrankJaeger
09. Creature

10. Gamma Emerald
11. skitter30
12. Vex Vience
OK, we agree on 2/3 and you're conf!Town so your reads are a good reference to me.

VOTE: Antihero

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 182, Enigma wrote:
In post 147, ruru wrote:If skitter is still scumreading me at eod, correct play is to lynch me and then lynch her, and scum.her is probably aware of that and therefore probably won't try to mislynch me
I mean that is a bit reachy regarding lynching skitter if she scumreads you (correctly) and you end up being lynched. Why are you suggesting the correct play is to lynch her after you are lynched (regardless of flip) - yes scum can bus, but (town) skitter can and should also be able to scumread you (correctly or incorrectly) without dooming her to being PLd after you are lynched?
@ruru can you respond to this please?

==
In post 184, ruru wrote:You should probably read more of my early d1 meta if this is a serious concern
ok maybe i'll do a more thorough metadive at some point

from the games i have played with you this seems kinda atypical
In post 184, ruru wrote:Historically you read me accurately on d1, so it would be similar to a guilty
idk i wouldn't really call something like this a guilty; more like a fairly-strong meta-based read

==
In post 187, ofrhz wrote:
In post 176, Creature wrote: Me being IC or the font?
Looks like my browsers weren’t rendering the font properly so it looked okay to me. Let me know if it is still hard to read, since I can’t tell the difference.
the curly font is a little bit hard for me to read actually

==
In post 192, ruru wrote:Because it factors into me townreading skitter
wait now i'm confused; i thought it was a factor in how i read you; how does it factor into how you read me?

==
In post 193, Almost50 wrote:After all, it takes someone overly eccentric (like myself) to even try to decipher that post the way I did.
i don't get it - why is that townie of her?

==
In post 203, FrankJaeger wrote:P.s And meta reads are usually garbage
eh, disagree

==
In post 206, ruru wrote:VOTE: FrankJaeger
idk he feels kinda meh but i don't think he feels *scummy* meh

just kinda generally underwhelming but i don't know if that's inherently scummy
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 212, skitter30 wrote:
In post 193, Almost50 wrote:After all, it takes someone overly eccentric (like myself) to even try to decipher that post the way I did.
i don't get it - why is that townie of her?
You think Scum!her (or even Scum!ME) would go that far (speaking in riddles) just to say "I'm Town"?? Come on!

You need to look at the whole thing: I said it was am eccentric move, so I view it from the PoV of myself making that move, and I don't think that >I< would have thought of THAT -as Scum- to say I'm Town. I might have done it as Town though (admittedly never actually did go that far, but I do speak in riddles and crumb my role is strange ways, so that's what I'm seeing and that's how I'm feeling.

And if I'm wrong it still is funny! :lol:

ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 182, Enigma wrote:I mean that is a bit reachy regarding lynching skitter if she scumreads you (correctly) and you end up being lynched. Why are you suggesting the correct play is to lynch her after you are lynched (regardless of flip) - yes scum can bus, but (town) skitter can and should also be able to scumread you (correctly or incorrectly) without dooming her to being PLd after you are lynched?
... because I'm town and I'll flip town? Like seriously this is a stupid question and I'm kinda having a hard time getting into the game because the majority of the playerlist seems to be having trouble understanding where I'm coming from wrt mafia theory when I don't think I'm being particularly unclear or particularly wrong in what I'm saying

I'd much rather answer sorting questions than mafia theory questions

I actually want to policy lynch like everyone right now
In post 184, ruru wrote:Historically you read me accurately on d1, so it would be similar to a guilty
idk i wouldn't really call something like this a guilty; more like a fairly-strong meta-based read
Are you calling your current read on me a fairly-strong meta-based read ("this")?
wait now i'm confused; i thought it was a factor in how i read you; how does it factor into how you read me?
If I thought I'd obvtowned already I would be scumreading you

Unfortunately I don't have strong reads and I don't feel like talking to anyone so basically I haven't done anything and I understand the scumread on me
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 199, Almost50 wrote:
In post 197, Enigma wrote:Welcome to A50 theories ... true madness, this is why I take them with a grain of salt ahaha

A50, re Sky's avatar do you think she changed it just because of this specific game and the wagon on her (considering she is playing in several other games rn)?
Well, I haven't checked her other ongoing games and I dunno if she said she'd be watching avatar in them, so I can't return a reliable answer. However, I do think that post had something to do with that avatar edit in this game, and thus more inclined to buy it. After all, if I lose to her because of THAT move I'd still be laughing hard at how cute of a move it was.
You think that she thought to changed her profile pic, because she said she was watching avatar in a post? Ahaha, gotta hand it - this is far beyond the bounds of my reasoning lol .... brain can not compute .... guess I gotta just leave Sky as is for now.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 213, Almost50 wrote:You think Scum!her (or even Scum!ME) would go that far (speaking in riddles) just to say "I'm Town"?? Come on!
this doesn't mean anything to me tbh; i don't think it's ai at all

it just kinda is

like it's so far from anything that i'd do like ever as either alignment that it just doesn't register as being ai either way to me, more of a curiosity that kinda happened

==
In post 214, ruru wrote:Are you calling your current read on me a fairly-strong meta-based read ("this")?
no atm i'd call it a vaguely-there meta-based-read that i'm still hashing out that i haven't come to a firm conclusion on

i meant in more of a general sense; even if i *was* fairly confident on meta that you were scum i wouldn't call that a guilty

i'd just call it a fairly-strong meta-based read and would probably just argue it until you or me were dead, but i wouldn't put it in the same category as a guilty in a general sense

like a guilty is mod-given info and/or mechanical info that tells me that you aren't town (of course there's varying levels of guilties; tracker-guilties aren't the same thing as cop-guilties)

whereas a fairly-strong meta-based read is just that; it's something i'd feel strongly about but i don't have evidence from the mod informing the read or anything
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 214, ruru wrote:
In post 182, Enigma wrote:I mean that is a bit reachy regarding lynching skitter if she scumreads you (correctly) and you end up being lynched. Why are you suggesting the correct play is to lynch her after you are lynched (regardless of flip) - yes scum can bus, but (town) skitter can and should also be able to scumread you (correctly or incorrectly) without dooming her to being PLd after you are lynched?
... because I'm town and I'll flip town? Like seriously this is a stupid question and I'm kinda having a hard time getting into the game because the majority of the playerlist seems to be having trouble understanding where I'm coming from wrt mafia theory when I don't think I'm being particularly unclear or particularly wrong in what I'm saying

I'd much rather answer sorting questions than mafia theory questions

I actually want to policy lynch like everyone right now
Tbh, you make an assumption that we think you are town for your logic to work, and then at the same time you continue to claim that you are intentionally playing somewhat scummy and can understand why people are scumreading you.... So you can perhaps see why people are "having trouble understanding you"
In post 214, ruru wrote:Unfortunately I don't have strong reads and I don't feel like talking to anyone so basically I haven't done anything and I understand the scumread on me
Can you explain your Jager vote then?
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 217, Enigma wrote:you continue to claim that you are intentionally playing somewhat scummy
I'm not playing intentionally scummy and I didn't claim to be playing intentionally scummy

There's a difference between playing intentionally scummy and not bothering to intentionally craft the towniest-sounding post possible (which I sometimes do as town)

For example, when I voted skygazer, I thought it might look like a scummy vote, but I also thought it had positive utility outside of just "is this going to get me townread or not"
I'm not townreading him
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Like, I want to interfere here yet I don't want to (!!). :lol:

OK, people are not reading what ruru said correct, so the back(s) and forth(es) are justified from "their" PoV, but seem a bit ridiculous to me. Let me go fetch the quote.. here it is:
In post 147, ruru wrote:
If skitter is still scumreading me at eod
, correct play is to lynch me and then lynch her, and
scum.her is probably aware of that and therefore probably won't try to mislynch me
Now let's see.. check the underlined. Is it EOD yet?? I don't think it is, and thus discussing what follows while "ignoring" the condition sounds ridiculous in the first place.

Then, someone said something about "regardless of the flip" which I fail to find here (maybe it's somewhere else, so please be kind to point it out). As it is, what I got here is "if skitter still fails to that ruru is Town
by the end of the day
, then ruru will assume skitter is scum and faking a read on her, thus offers herself to be lynched and
when she flips town
to lynch skitter next, because -in ruru's mind- skitter knows her too well to still be SRing her after "what's to come".

However, the bolded tells me ruru isn't that confident skitter is faking at this point. On contrary, she thinks skitter's read
at this point
might be justified, for ruru herself admits she hasn't yet obv!towned. She thus thinks skitter SRing
now
is a sugn skitter is Town, but if that read is still there
after ruru "does her thing" and obv!town
(which should be sometime betwee now and EoD, THEN you can all assume one of them is scum for sure and proceed with the "lynch ruru and -if town- lynch skitter" plan.

Now, where did I go wrong? What am I missing??

@skitter: As for you not ever doing what Sky did as either alignment; I 100% believe you. I said >I< would, because I'm that eccentric. You are more of an orthodox player, while I'm the exact opposite. (You know how to obv!town for starters, while if I tried that I end up looking far more scummy than if I deliberately tried to act scummy!!) :lol:

So, it's very normal .. very natural to me that you, Enigma and most others would fail to see it my way (regarding what Sky did) for you would have to be me (or someone crazy) to even look at it that way.

Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its only

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

UNVOTE: sky

@mod v/la for 48 hours

apparently i have like 2 essays due in like 3 days
will try to post when i have a minute
quick thought as well: was thinking that sky couldve been using the changing avatar to have "im town" as a method of confirming herself as town but i found that too angleshooty to be true
good play regardless sky

Thanks for the heads up :D -ofrhz
Last edited by ofrhz on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:24 pm

Post by ManWithNoName »

I picked a bad set of days to have to go to court hours away from the home office multiple days in a row, I don't want to read 9 pages, stop being jerks.
In this world, there's two types of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:49 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 219, Almost50 wrote:Like, I want to interfere here yet I don't want to (!!). :lol:

OK, people are not reading what ruru said correct, so the back(s) and forth(es) are justified from "their" PoV, but seem a bit ridiculous to me. Let me go fetch the quote.. here it is:
In post 147, ruru wrote:
If skitter is still scumreading me at eod
, correct play is to lynch me and then lynch her, and
scum.her is probably aware of that and therefore probably won't try to mislynch me
Now let's see.. check the underlined. Is it EOD yet?? I don't think it is, and thus discussing what follows while "ignoring" the condition sounds ridiculous in the first place.

Then, someone said something about "regardless of the flip" which I fail to find here (maybe it's somewhere else, so please be kind to point it out). As it is, what I got here is "if skitter still fails to that ruru is Town
by the end of the day
, then ruru will assume skitter is scum and faking a read on her, thus offers herself to be lynched and
when she flips town
to lynch skitter next, because -in ruru's mind- skitter knows her too well to still be SRing her after "what's to come".

However, the bolded tells me ruru isn't that confident skitter is faking at this point. On contrary, she thinks skitter's read
at this point
might be justified, for ruru herself admits she hasn't yet obv!towned. She thus thinks skitter SRing
now
is a sugn skitter is Town, but if that read is still there
after ruru "does her thing" and obv!town
(which should be sometime betwee now and EoD, THEN you can all assume one of them is scum for sure and proceed with the "lynch ruru and -if town- lynch skitter" plan.

Now, where did I go wrong? What am I missing??

@skitter: As for you not ever doing what Sky did as either alignment; I 100% believe you. I said >I< would, because I'm that eccentric. You are more of an orthodox player, while I'm the exact opposite. (You know how to obv!town for starters, while if I tried that I end up looking far more scummy than if I deliberately tried to act scummy!!) :lol:

So, it's very normal .. very natural to me that you, Enigma and most others would fail to see it my way (regarding what Sky did) for you would have to be me (or someone crazy) to even look at it that way.
Yeh that was me with the quote. Tbh when I first wrote that I was looking at it thinking that ruru could be scum and it set off alarm bells. In my 217 where I kind of revisited the quote from the assumption of a town!ruru chain of thought, it made more sense. However, the logic in ruru's post only works out if you approach it thinking that ruru is town.

A50, you townreading ruru then?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:02 am

Post by Creature »

How are we doing?
Sigh
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its only

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:51 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 218, ruru wrote:
I'm not townreading him
i mean y else would u be voting him past rvs unless u were scumreading him / not townreading him?
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread

Return to “Completed Open Games”