RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie
Location: The Planet Transsexual, in the Galaxy of Transylvania

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:56 am

Post by RockyHorror »

3 players are either up for replacement or about to be and there are 3 others that were MIA over the weekend. Obviously town hasn't used its time well.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:06 am

Post by RockyHorror »

I really don't want to lol lynch a slot that has 0 AI content like Lady/Unreal, and the DT slot is being replaced. I'm still okay with my sesq vote.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 242, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 240, Sesq wrote:every guiltylion post is a fluffpost and
i don't know why i didnt see it earlier.
this is a common thing that scum say when they're making up a new read btw - the reason is because you're not actually trying to sort people or read the game
pretty sure i openly admitted that i was not putting in any effort to sort people before so im not sure why you feel the need to declare this

it's like restatement without context in order to make me look scummier

not necessarily a town move or a scum move
In post 243, GuiltyLion wrote:and for another reply to FA_Q2, if you think scum!me is incapable of faking nuanced thoughts or far more content, I can provide many counter examples from completed games

I'm not efforting in this game yet because there hasn't been a lot of noteworthy content and because I haven't felt I've really needed to
my reasoning exactly except i was aware that was my fault for not looking deep enough

what are you doing?

speaking of "being aggressive", i've already stated my case and nobody has really responded to it or taken it seriously. GL completely dodged all of my reasoning, maybe the post in reference to no effort was an attempt to address it but it's REALLY weak. so yeah, vote him. i dont have much more to say but you (all of you except gl of course) have some voting to do
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Sesq »

also, why havent people unvoted dt? i want people voting dt to answer this individually.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 250, RockyHorror wrote:3 players are either up for replacement or about to be and there are 3 others that were MIA over the weekend. Obviously town hasn't used its time well.
Agreed, so the annoyance at me pointing out the issue and acting like I'm trying to take some sort of weird leadership role is what exactly?
In post 251, RockyHorror wrote:I really don't want to lol lynch a slot that has 0 AI content like Lady/Unreal, and the DT slot is being replaced. I'm still okay with my sesq vote.
Why not?
I would lay dollars to doughnuts that at least two scum are in the bottom third least active posters.
In post 253, Sesq wrote:also, why havent people unvoted dt? i want people voting dt to answer this individually.
Well, for starters - there hasn't exactly been any argument to suggest he should be unvoted.
Second up, the only place I'd move off him at this exact moment is to vote you, and I expressed my reasoning there already.
Am I missing something?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Sesq »

i guess that makes enough sense. personally i would have unvoted at this stage but i see the appeal of entering someone with 3 votes and seeing what happens
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

You would unvote with 2 days left and the only other wagon of note being yourself?
If you're town, you're playing iffy.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Sesq »

i wasn't really pacing that out with the current gamestate in mind, just as a matter of general principle. sorry if that was unclear
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count

Sesq - 5 - RockyHorror, lane0168, innocentvillager, GuiltyLion, FA_Q2
DoubtingThomas - 3 - Fink, Thor665, Almost50
Almost50 - 1 - Eragon
GuiltyLion- 1 - Sesq

Not Voting - DoubtingThomas, Lady Angel, UnrealSeal

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

UnrealSeal is being prodded.

Deadline is suspended. A new deadline will be announced when both replacements that are currently needed are found.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:24 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Awesome. I'll probably be phone posting most of today but can get back on a computer tonight or tomorrow.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:31 am

Post by lane0168 »

My cat has been in the hospital... I'm sorry about this. I'm not leaving, just why I think I'm probably on the verge of a prod
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Fink »

Hey, I've had a really crazy week, had a ton of time up until around when the game started then got super busy. I'm not getting replaced, I will get to this tonight.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Eragon »

@thor your asking what my vote does?

Shows who I think is scum
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 262, Eragon wrote:@thor your asking what my vote does?

Shows who I think is scum
Do you think all the other wagons with more votes are on town?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

Also, if you think he's scum - what are you planning to do to get him lynched?
Because unless you do something - he won't be lynched.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 258, Kmd4390 wrote:

Deadline is suspended. A new deadline will be announced when both replacements that are currently needed are found.
Good! Now I really would appreciate people voting on either DT/Sesq to state why they think their choice is better than the other.

I'll start: I explained before that the Sesq wagon is almost unopposed, i.e. there is no real resistance to it, and that includes Sesq herself (who opted to vote someone new than join the opposing wagon to survive). This -to me- indicates willingness to get lynched, i.e. she could very well be a Mime.

OTOH; while DT's replace out might be NAI, it could also be because he felt like he was caught for the wrong reasons. Many a player would get upset being pushed for reasons they don't as proper grounds to be pushed over, and when these players are indeed scum the frustration leads to them replacing out.

At any rate, even if DT replaced out for RL reasons (i.e. the replacement itself is NAI) I don't see him doing that as a Mime being wagoned. If I was Mime and was being wagoned I would NOT replace out even if I didn't have time to play. I'd just be happy to be wagoned and will get out of the game soon with a chance to win.

The tlder is I see a greater-than-random chance for Sesq to be a Mime, and a much less-than-random chance for DT to be a Mime, and I simply do NOT want to lynch a Mime today.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:35 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 254, Thor665 wrote:
In post 251, RockyHorror wrote:I really don't want to lol lynch a slot that has 0 AI content like Lady/Unreal, and the DT slot is being replaced. I'm still okay with my sesq vote.
Why not?
I would lay dollars to doughnuts that at least two scum are in the bottom third least active posters.
That's a fair assessment to make for lurkers, sure. But I disagree that we can in any way sort those slots based on their combined 4 posts. In my opinion there are actually scummy slots in the game that deserve more attention.

Sesq's GL case looks like deflection right now, but neither slot looks great considering they're both basically saying "Well I just haven't tried until now".

More people need to be trying. There are 9 town roles in this game and we have about 5 people posting with any sort of regularity.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 265, Almost50 wrote:
In post 258, Kmd4390 wrote:

Good! Now I really would appreciate people voting on either DT/Sesq to state why they think their choice is better than the other.

I'll start: I explained before that the Sesq wagon is almost unopposed, i.e. there is no real resistance to it, and that includes Sesq herself (who opted to vote someone new than join the opposing wagon to survive). This -to me- indicates willingness to get lynched, i.e. she could very well be a Mime.

OTOH; while DT's replace out might be NAI, it could also be because he felt like he was caught for the wrong reasons. Many a player would get upset being pushed for reasons they don't as proper grounds to be pushed over, and when these players are indeed scum the frustration leads to them replacing out.

At any rate, even if DT replaced out for RL reasons (i.e. the replacement itself is NAI) I don't see him doing that as a Mime being wagoned. If I was Mime and was being wagoned I would NOT replace out even if I didn't have time to play. I'd just be happy to be wagoned and will get out of the game soon with a chance to win.

The tlder is I see a greater-than-random chance for Sesq to be a Mime, and a much less-than-random chance for DT to be a Mime, and I simply do NOT want to lynch a Mime today.
no it means i think he's on scum!

no mime would be as honest as i am. maybe thats a really weak gambit but its true

im not voting dt because i dont want to throw town under the bus just so i can live. thats not very cool

id rather someone just fucking respond to my read on guiltylion. nobody has. not even him
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:43 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 267, Sesq wrote:id rather someone just fucking respond to my read on guiltylion. nobody has. not even him
what is your case on GL even? fluffposting? Lion is hard null for me
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:46 am

In post 242, GuiltyLion wrote:this is a common thing that scum say when they're making up a new read btw - the reason is because you're not actually trying to sort people or read the game
i disagree with this i think this plausibly happens with either alignment due to confirmation bias
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:47 am

sesq kinda scumflailed i think but the wording is interesting, but more likely that it's personality, I think im happy with my vote
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:48 am

In post 254, Thor665 wrote:I would lay dollars to doughnuts that at least two scum are in the bottom third least active posters.
sold
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:51 am

In post 271, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 254, Thor665 wrote:I would lay dollars to doughnuts that at least two scum are in the bottom third least active posters.
sold
wait but also why
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:15 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 266, RockyHorror wrote:Sesq's GL case looks like deflection right now, but neither slot looks great considering they're both basically saying "Well I just haven't tried until now".
I responded to your case, just not how you wanted.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 252, Sesq wrote:speaking of "being aggressive", i've already stated my case and nobody has really responded to it or taken it seriously. GL completely dodged all of my reasoning, maybe the post in reference to no effort was an attempt to address it but it's REALLY weak. so yeah, vote him. i dont have much more to say but you (all of you except gl of course) have some voting to do
you didn't give any reasoning at all other than "every post is a fluffpost", which like
a) I disagree with (obviously) and
b) I did indirectly address in my conversation with FA_Q2

what else in your case did you want me to respond to? there's no substance there
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Return to “Completed Open Games”