Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 126, GuiltyLion wrote:disagree - I liked their scumread on you, their 93, and also the WIFOM self-defense in 83 feels to me like a town thought process, scum are usually afraid to jump straight into circular reasoning like that
I'm still townreading the DT slot for these reasons

and I agree with A50 that Mime!DT would never request replace out there, which makes overall probability of town!DT increase

can the three voters restate the case on him because I really don't think he's done anything scummy and I'd like a fresh take on why he's the best place for your vote

I do feel a little yucky sharing a wagon with FA_Q2
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 267, Sesq wrote:id rather someone just Smurfing respond to my read on guiltylion. nobody has. not even him
Generally it helps when you ask some*one* to do something.
Group asking, or not asking and then being annoyed at lack of response to either situation is strangely common.

I stand by my previous commentary - I find him null. I don't see much meat in your case, and frankly considering how I could flip your name into his name and have the case make just as much sense I'm worried that you do find meat in it.
In post 272, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 271, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 254, Thor665 wrote:I would lay dollars to doughnuts that at least two scum are in the bottom third least active posters.
sold
wait but also why
Even taking out the people who I think are lurking for legit reasons this game's pace is glacial.
There is a strategy at play here, and it's called lurk.
I am also of the opinion in two player scum teams generally there is a active/active enough teammate and one who opts to lurk. Expand that with two teams and you've got a solid explanation for why this game is extra slow soup.
The only bother is the number of town helping to occlude it.
In post 275, GuiltyLion wrote:can the three voters restate the case on him because I really don't think he's done anything scummy and I'd like a fresh take on why he's the best place for your vote
:neutral:
viewtopic.php?p=10406398#p10406398
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 276, Thor665 wrote:Even taking out the people who I think are lurking for legit reasons this game's pace is glacial.
There is a strategy at play here, and it's called lurk.
I am also of the opinion in two player scum teams generally there is a active/active enough teammate and one who opts to lurk. Expand that with two teams and you've got a solid explanation for why this game is extra slow soup.
The only bother is the number of town helping to occlude it.
can you state your scumreads based on that reasoning? sounds like you're ruling out quite some teams with that
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:09 pm

In post 276, Thor665 wrote:I stand by my previous commentary - I find him null. I don't see much meat in your case, and frankly considering how I could flip your name into his name and have the case make just as much sense
I'm worried that you do find meat in it.
okay he addressed this self-case thing I think but whats your read on sesq, given the bolded that you said?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:09 pm

In post 275, GuiltyLion wrote:can the three voters restate the case on him because I really don't think he's done anything scummy and I'd like a fresh take on why he's the best place for your vote
i don't find the DT case appealing either.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:11 pm

does anyone have sesq meta? does sesq seem the type to scumflail and hard push another wagon as either alignment when wagoned
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by Fink »

Sorry, I still kind of want to reread everything and haven't, but my vote is based on those first posts. I know it's not a lot to go on, but that's why it's there.

Basically, I think that Mimes are the key thing about this game. Honestly, who didn't want to be a Mime? No way Mimeteam comes in and does something that immediately screams Mime, but those first silly posts seem like a bit of a "please lynch me" Jester thing, and I think that's more likely to come from Mafia than Town or Mime. Mime opens their PM and comes up with complicated ways to get lynched, Mafia opens up their PM with Mimes on the brain, the idea occurs "what if I do something really Jestery at the start of Day 1?" Odds of actually getting lynched aren't that high, but I think it throws a bunch of "But what if they're a MIME??!?!" wifom in there that scum might hope to use to get out of a lynch.

The merits of this strategy are beside the point, my thought is that it's a thought process Mafia are more likely to have.

I disagree with Almost50s mimeread and AGGRESSIVE NOOB ASSUMPTIONS, obviously. Still torn on my read there by the way, I was thinking Mime but if Thor thinks that's normal tone then that's really a nothing read.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:17 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 268, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 267, Sesq wrote:id rather someone just fucking respond to my read on guiltylion. nobody has. not even him
what is your case on GL even? fluffposting? Lion is hard null for me
that.... and Then some

its kind of amazing how absolutely little content they have produced
In post 274, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 252, Sesq wrote:speaking of "being aggressive", i've already stated my case and nobody has really responded to it or taken it seriously. GL completely dodged all of my reasoning, maybe the post in reference to no effort was an attempt to address it but it's REALLY weak. so yeah, vote him. i dont have much more to say but you (all of you except gl of course) have some voting to do
you didn't give any reasoning at all other than "every post is a fluffpost", which like
a) I disagree with (obviously) and
b) I did indirectly address in my conversation with FA_Q2

what else in your case did you want me to respond to? there's no substance there
where and what have you actually provided beyond chasing tails
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:26 am

Post by Eragon »

So you agree your case is pretty much just look fluffposting?

What about everyone else prodding and fluffposting(myself included)?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:48 am

Post by Sesq »

nobody else is remotely as bad
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie
Location: The Planet Transsexual, in the Galaxy of Transylvania

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:49 am

Post by RockyHorror »

Really? Don't see much from Fink, who has spent most of the game doing setup spec and has kept his vote on a slot that has been out of the game for almost a week based on a first page mime claim. Lane has been completely MIA since the sesq wagon started up (RL circumstances withstanding, but even then his content wasn't great while he was here). And then there's you as well.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Fink »

Sesq: I just read GL's ISO, it doesn't look like it's all fluff to me. post 126 jumps out at me as not being fluff and that was before your case.

Also, what did you mean by this?
In post 240, Sesq wrote:please vote for guiltylion too, as i think it would help us all to see the results of that.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK, I have yet another "one of those bright ideas" (seems I never run out of them). How about we NO LYNCH? We go into the night with a Vig and a Mafia factional kill and both sides should be shooting for the Mimes. Once a Mime has been shot the other is removed too and it becomes a normal game of Mafia.

The downside is if Mafia decide to hunt for TPRs instead, but that can be dealt with by assigning the kills, and if Mafia do not shoot the proposed target then I'd be alright siding by the Mimes over them (it's like "I came to you first and you refused to cooperate, so it was your choice").

OK, maybe that won't appeal to many of you, but it's a thought that crossed my mind and I had to voice it out just in case.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count

Sesq - 5 - RockyHorror, lane0168, innocentvillager, GuiltyLion, FA_Q2
DoubtingThomas - 3 - Fink, Thor665, Almost50
Almost50 - 1 - Eragon
GuiltyLion- 1 - Sesq

Not Voting - DoubtingThomas, Lady Angel, UnrealSeal

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

UnrealSeal will be replaced unless he returns before a replacement is found.

Deadline is suspended. A new deadline will be announced when both replacements that are currently needed are found.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:45 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 287, Almost50 wrote:OK, I have yet another "one of those bright ideas" (seems I never run out of them). How about we NO LYNCH? We go into the night with a Vig and a Mafia factional kill and both sides should be shooting for the Mimes. Once a Mime has been shot the other is removed too and it becomes a normal game of Mafia.

The downside is if Mafia decide to hunt for TPRs instead, but that can be dealt with by assigning the kills, and if Mafia do not shoot the proposed target then I'd be alright siding by the Mimes over them (it's like "I came to you first and you refused to cooperate, so it was your choice").

OK, maybe that won't appeal to many of you, but it's a thought that crossed my mind and I had to voice it out just in case.
NGL I absolutely hated this idea when I first read this post.

viewtopic.php?p=3362184#p3362184

This was the last time this setup was run according to the Wiki, this is where they started the NL discussion. The only time town won, they no-lynched the first day to give the mimes a better chance of dying N1. With both of them alive, only one of them needs to be hit by one of the vig/mafia kills for the entire team to be taken from the game. From there they were able to have the vig claim (no fear of being roleblocked with mimes gone) and watcher target them to give town a clear.

I'm willing to entertain the idea at least.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Nero Cain replaces Doubting Thomas
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 290, Kmd4390 wrote:
Nero Cain replaces Doubting Thomas
:lol: Welcome old friend. At least that takes care of the lurking problem.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by RockyHorror »

A REPLACEMENT THANK YOU JESUS.

Only 2 more to go now...
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm town. Whose shit we wreckin?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Aristophanes replaces Lady Angel
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by Sesq »

all smiles with these replacements

as for finks point: one post from him doesnt really change anything for me. ill admit it had a read in it, but like ??? who cares when the rest is so shit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 295, Sesq wrote:all smiles with these replacements
just wait till I want to lynch you and Ari have 5 posts on day 3.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 20, Eragon wrote:And it’s worth posting becuase cats are the only true gods, and dogs are evil
vote: Eragon

policy lynch this plox

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 214, Fink wrote:To people who have played with Almost50 before, especially Thor,
Are posts like this, particularly the tone of them pretty standard coming from him? Or is this more confrontational than you'd expect?
In post 118, Almost50 wrote:@Fink: Mimes aim to get LYNCHED. If they could accomplish that on D1 they don't need to worry about the Vig. "Act scummy --> Get lynched" is what a noob Mime would think. I do not expect a NOOB to go about the consequences beyond that point. Planning for multiple moves hardly makes someone a NOOB.

Mafia do NOT want to get lynched. A noob Mafioso would NOT try to act scummy in the first place. If they do (in order to avoid being lynched) then they are NOT a noob either. NOOB NOOB NOOB. A Newbie who has not yet developed the sense to plan ahead for multiple steps and will only go for the next move is what I'm talking about.
Seems p standard but I don't think there's any huge difference in his scum and town game.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 55, Almost50 wrote:
In post 53, Thor665 wrote:why do you oppose the Mime wincon exactly?
Hmmm... this actually made me reread the role PMs on the wiki, and it does seem that the game does
not
end upon the Mines achieving their wincon. Better safe that sorry though, so..

@MOD: Does the game end or not if both Mimes get
lynched
?

Per the setup review thread, only one faction can win. Once a win condition is met, all other factions have lost and the game is over.
Why does this matter to you, why ask?
In post 57, Almost50 wrote:Believe me.. I've seen worse things happen on and off his site. Someone may not see your entire post, but only see that line quoted in another post. Some scum may even purposefully "misquote" you on D2 or D3 and exclaim why you were still alive after you claimed, this calling for your lynch. Just do not assume anything and try to refine your jokes is all I'm saying. Plus, my case on you did get the game going anyway, so that's something even if you still think it was fabricated BS.
So you no longer think he's a mime?
In post 98, lane0168 wrote:Sometimes I feel myself

On p6 I think a50 is being LAMIST and I disn't really like his OMGUS vote on ICV.
In post 202, Almost50 wrote:Well, you said "scum" this time and ,ost players (including yourself in #167) use that to describe MAFIA and not 3P (Mimes are basically Jesters as you yourself had pointed out), so I had to ask.
scum is a catch-all term :/ I'm p sure you knew that.

Return to “Completed Open Games”