skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 297, Almost50 wrote:
In post 294, skitter30 wrote:this is a dumb thing to pick a fight about, no offense

all it does is make me wonder if this is an actual thing or if you made it up
You're not thinking straight and are letting "local events" affect your "global read" on me. That said, I'll try to point you to the right direction: Why would scum!me SR specifically 4 people and TR everyone else?
Does it not "limit" my space to maneuver that I TR as many people? The space you are well aware I need to get both my "mis"lynches and my NKs through??
And why would scum!me be trying to intimidate a TOWN READ on mine? Am I trying to pocket him or alienate him here??
Finally, why would I be voicing my suspicions of MWNN when I know for a fact he can't be lynched on D1 (or at least not at this point of the day), given that the site meta is against lynching lurkers and especially so when they've declared V/LA?? You try to think of a scum motive for me to be doing all this, and then IF you find one you'd be more than welcome to reevaluate your initial read on me. :wink:
bolded - yeah i was kinda thinking that tbh; idk if you limit your lynchpool this way this early as scum

italics - idk who this is referring to

also idk if you go out of your way to pick a fight with me as scum given that i'll just argue with you till i'm blue in the face and do my best to lynch you if i scumread you and given that historically i have a pretty good track record doing so
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:23 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

In post 265, Vex Vience wrote:
HeWhoSwims wrote:Might just be a playstyle difference then but in general that pings my scumdar

Although skitter is saying that I might be making a mistake for thinking similarly of Gemerald
it is a playstyle difference
i find questioning (to an extend) townie before it becomes just pure "all i do is ask questions and nothing else"
That's what I was trying to say too.
In post 272, skitter30 wrote:
In post 261, HeWhoSwims wrote:You said that after my post though.

And you can base reads on what people say apart from your questions, too.
If you're only/mostly asking questions and or discussing the setup it looks like empty busywork to me. If it goes on too long
do you currently think that vex is doing the busy-work sort of questioning?
Currently, no, he's way better, I like the fact that the absence of reads is made up for by that pretty huge post. His questions earlier were what kinda pinged me + the setup discussion which was a dead horse or so I thought.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:29 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 297, Almost50 wrote:
In post 294, skitter30 wrote:this is a dumb thing to pick a fight about, no offense

all it does is make me wonder if this is an actual thing or if you made it up
You're not thinking straight and are letting "local events" affect your "global read" on me. That said, I'll try to point you to the right direction: Why would scum!me SR specifically 4 people and TR everyone else? Does it not "limit" my space to maneuver that I TR as many people? The space you are well aware I need to get both my "mis"lynches and my NKs through?? And why would scum!me be trying to intimidate a TOWN READ on mine? Am I trying to pocket him or alienate him here?? Finally, why would I be voicing my suspicions of MWNN when I know for a fact he can't be lynched on D1 (or at least not at this point of the day), given that the site meta is against lynching lurkers and especially so when they've declared V/LA?? You try to think of a scum motive for me to be doing all this, and then IF you find one you'd be more than welcome to reevaluate your initial read on me. :wink:
ok so, thought about it a bit more:
theres twelve people, with 9 town and 3 mafia. u hang 3 town and nk 3 of them, mafia automatically wins.
u can tr ur scumbuddies, and sr the others, and shoot the people u tr'd.
as for intimidating tr, im not sure who ur talking about nor what ur really meaning
and for mwnn, u could be setting up for a ml later in the game.
however, i do agree this is a far-fetched theory

a50s reaction to skitter feels kinda natural to me
im gonna be re-evaling him soon
HeWhoSwims wrote:
In post 265, Vex Vience wrote:
HeWhoSwims wrote:Might just be a playstyle difference then but in general that pings my scumdar

Although skitter is saying that I might be making a mistake for thinking similarly of Gemerald
it is a playstyle difference
i find questioning (to an extend) townie before it becomes just pure "all i do is ask questions and nothing else"
That's what I was trying to say too.
glad we understand
HeWhoSwims wrote:
In post 272, skitter30 wrote:
In post 261, HeWhoSwims wrote:You said that after my post though.

And you can base reads on what people say apart from your questions, too.
If you're only/mostly asking questions and or discussing the setup it looks like empty busywork to me. If it goes on too long
do you currently think that vex is doing the busy-work sort of questioning?
Currently, no, he's way better, I like the fact that the absence of reads is made up for by that pretty huge post. His questions earlier were what kinda pinged me + the setup discussion which was a dead horse or so I thought.
(im making this remark at the risk of accidentally outting my main (if u guys really are that determined to search everyone's games for a similar reads style))
thats how i do my reads just as a headsup, dont expect many small reads posts apart from a "i like x" or "i think y is scum" with some short reasoning type posts.
i do most of my reads as the giant wall of everyone once or twice a day rather than a bunch of smaller read posts many times per day. personally for me, the giant wall helps me out the most bc i explain everything i think about peoples iso, (and yes, itll cover multiple days, ull see that if i get to late-game), plus i get to organize my thoughts much more cleanly than a google doc or solo-pt of random quotes and ideas.
u also get to see how i got to the conclusion of "x is (town/scum)" and how that idea changed over time.

expect another giant wall post before eod assuming we dont wagon someone while im working on the reads
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:33 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 252, Enigma wrote:I was expecting you to present something on A50 but you haven't ... any thoughts on A50 and his vote on you?
like... i made a post on this man
In post 248, Antihero wrote:
In post 239, skitter30 wrote:what don't you like about a50? i'm pretty sure he's town here tbh
>my gut rxn from his "omg i'm this eccentric and random wizard from the moon, isn't that cute?" shtick is that it's overwrought for the purpose of showmanship given i haven't seen any flashes of it that feel... natural...? idk what the word is
>the whole initial angle on skygazer felt like pointing out things that are antitown (hypoclaim traitor and call to lynch the IC) but don't really even have superficially apparent scum motivation

and add
>he's using "lol POE" and the IC's reads to very conveniently vote park me (so everyone knows his reasons are pure... and he with those reasons he gets to avoid engaging w me BONUS)

your use of "here" makes me think part of this is meta so if ur going to do that, plz link one recent scum and town game tia
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:34 am

Post by Vex Vience »

@mod mwnn and creature need a prod as well
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:42 am

Post by Antihero »

@skitter, i see 268 and accompanying previous games. will get to that later today

and yeah as everyone's already noticed, scumreading the v/la guy for NO CONTENT is bs. townreading the top 5 active posters is also a pretty easy position to take and..... doesn't have an accompanying explanation.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 am

Post by Antihero »

the south end of vex's reads list is good

ruru seems town to me too. skitter is competent and makes not-awful posts and i hope she's town but i still haven't gotten a good thing to get a grip on to really TOWNREAD her

enigma's posting is acceptable but i'm not really townreading him at all...?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:56 am

Post by Antihero »

i also kinda don't know why enigma's vote is parked on vex...? why is that?
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:15 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 307, Antihero wrote:i also kinda don't know why enigma's vote is parked on vex...? why is that?
enigma joke-voted me because i stole a pagetop
they just haven't unvoted yet

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:08 am

Post by Vex Vience »

@sky post ur reads as well plz

#CultsArentBastard
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:45 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 304, Vex Vience wrote:
Creature has been prodded. Since ManWithNoName was V/LA through Wednesday, I'll give him ~12 hours before issuing a prod.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 310, ofrhz wrote:
In post 304, Vex Vience wrote:
Creature has been prodded. Since ManWithNoName was V/LA through Wednesday, I'll give him ~12 hours before issuing a prod.
ok
Antihero wrote:@skitter, i see 268 and accompanying previous games. will get to that later today

and yeah as everyone's already noticed, scumreading the v/la guy for NO CONTENT is bs. townreading the top 5 active posters is also a pretty easy position to take and..... doesn't have an accompanying explanation.
i think a50 said that his tr on me was mostly gut
not sure

@a50, correct me if im wrong:
ur tring me bc i tried speculating the setup, (basically a soulread)
ur tring sky bc of the whole "im watching avatar" followed by her changing her avatar to say "im town"
ur tring hws bc u like his posts
ur tring skitter because u know her
u claim to have explained ruru's tr, yet i dont see it anywhere

also, looking at a50s iso trying ti find where he explained the trs, i found this:
In post 111, Almost50 wrote:Even you don't buy the case.. even if there is no case to begin with..
just wagon someone to L-2 and see what happens.
Hell, if it needs be.. we can run TWO competing wagons at the same time and see who votes which and why.
i dont like this at all
i really dont
it just feels off to me
idl the whole vfr thing, (vote for roles, it comes from town of salem where everyone votes up someone
just
to get them to claim).
a50 trying to vfr (or at least suggesting we should) feels very off to me
Antihero wrote:the south end of vex's reads list is good

ruru seems town to me too. skitter is competent and makes not-awful posts and i hope she's town but i still haven't gotten a good thing to get a grip on to really TOWNREAD her

enigma's posting is acceptable but i'm not really townreading him at all...?
overall i like skitters tone and posting. to me it seems like skitter is trying to gamesolve and scumhunt which i really like
enigma is a weakish town read. i see them as having town motive, not so much under scum motive

#CultsArentBastard
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 274, skitter30 wrote:
In post 270, Vex Vience wrote:im not sure on a50
im currently scumleaning him
i find the scumreading the vla player
the scummiest out of all of them tho
also @a50, only use latter for two people
yeah i think this is kinda scummy too
Well I think he would have a valid point if MWNN weren't VLA
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 281, Vex Vience wrote:i dont like these posts
"ill explain y its wrong"
"haha jk i dont wanna out an alt"
please explain the reasoning and for future reference, if it involving outting an alt, dont say u have reasoning unless the alts been outed already
It makes sense to me
Don't make me have to give the explanation on why this is wrong > I don't want to out your alt
Does that not seem logical?
As for the actual logic I remember a game where someone joked about lynching the IC, A50's alt didn't comment on it as far as I remember, but it definitely was brought to everyone's attention for a little bit and the person who made the joke is someone who I definitely remember being town that game, so it's wrong for A50 to be acting like this here.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 293, Almost50 wrote:
In post 290, skitter30 wrote:i'm not entirely sure why you won't source this ...
Because the game is slowing down and I don't want to fall into apathy so I decided to pick a fight. Do you want to fight with me? :P
why not fight with me
<Embrace The Void>

Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 102, Almost50 wrote:Sky's entrance to the game is alarming. Everything she said so far "could" be interpreted as a mere joke. However -in my experience- joking about lynching the IC always comes from scum. And her last post/joke is even more alarming. I feel like it's been made for the sole purpose of declaring herself as the true traitor. It's as if she took ruru's earlier post about the traitor as an inquiry and is responding to it in fashion.

So,
my case on Sky is she is the Traitor
to counter this post quickly:
this post, this post and this post all come from the same game where people joked about hanging the ic
just read the pregame and look at those posts
both scum and town can joke around and vote the mod-confirmed ic

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 313, Gamma Emerald wrote:
please explain the reasoning and for future reference, if it involving outting an alt, dont say u have reasoning unless the alts been outed already
It makes sense to me
Don't make me have to give the explanation on why this is wrong > I don't want to out your alt
As for the actual logic I remember a game where someone joked about lynching the IC, A50's alt didn't comment on it as far as I remember, but it definitely was brought to everyone's attention for a little bit and the person who made the joke is someone who I definitely remember being town that game, so it's wrong for A50 to be acting like this here.
ur logic doesnt make sense to me, so please, enlighten me

#CultsArentBastard
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 316, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 313, Gamma Emerald wrote:
It makes sense to me
ur logic doesnt make sense to me, so please, enlighten me
Since I didn't want to have to out the alt, I didn't want to have to give the full reasoning.
DO YOU GET IT?
<Embrace The Void>

Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Vex Vience »

now i do, but a50 said that both his alts are outted, so whats stopping you now?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:26 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 317, Gamma Emerald wrote: DO YOU GET IT?
also, this frustration feels faked

#CultsArentBastard
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don't think that one is? He can tell me whether it is, he should know which game I'm talking about. I'm going to drop a name from the game, he should be able to locate it with that.
Frederick A Campbell
PEdit: I gave a fairly clear explanation and you STILL didn't get it. Yeah I got miffed.
<Embrace The Void>

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 300, skitter30 wrote:italics - idk who this is referring to
I was talking about Vex. I said he was a TR of mine, yet I appear to be teasing him. If I'm scum I can either be trying to pocket him (with the TR) or alienate him (with the intimidation) but not both. If I wanted to pocket him then I wouldn't try to bug him, and if my purpose was to bug him then why the TR?

Also, you do realize I'm now the prime target for a Vig shot? In fact, here's a list of all possible TPRs in this setup:

- Goon Cop: Probably gonna check me, but maybe scum!me picked a modifier
- Roleblocker: Probably will consider targeting me, bit maybe I don't do the NK tonight

Hint: If scum picked no modifier it's one or the other, and if it's a Goon Cop I'm doomed. If they did pick at least one modifier then both could be applicable and I've just wasted my N1 action

- Tracker: Similar to RB (i.e. I won't be the one carrying the NK tonight)
- Bodyguard: I sure as hell am not going to be protected by them anyway. Not with an IC in play.
- Vigilante: Check the start of this post. Anyone who might not be sure what I'm doing will probably just "do it"

Now think about me being the Traitor: Vig shooting me and me not dying is a red herring. They may assume they were RB'd on N1 so that saves me from the lynch, but then they're sure to try again on N2, and if I don't die I'm going to be lynched on D3 regardless.

Now, reread and recalculate.. does SCUM!ALMOST50 know all this, and still do what he is doing?? Why would scum!me be
baiting the Vig shot
at all????

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Vex Vience »

Because you took BP.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Vex Vience »

That'd be why.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Vex Vience »

scum!you could take the vig shot, and get away till d3/4
also better question, why is town!you trying to bait vig shot as well?

#CultsArentBastard

Return to “Completed Open Games”