Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

A50, verify that the alt I'm referencing is or is not outed.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 321, Almost50 wrote:
In post 300, skitter30 wrote:italics - idk who this is referring to
I was talking about Vex. I said he was a TR of mine, yet I appear to be teasing him. If I'm scum I can either be trying to pocket him (with the TR) or alienate him (with the intimidation) but not both. If I wanted to pocket him then I wouldn't try to bug him, and if my purpose was to bug him then why the TR?
what if ur trying to confuse everyone?
also u trying to pocket and alienate me isnt working
In post 321, Almost50 wrote:Also, you do realize I'm now the prime target for a Vig shot? In fact, here's a list of all possible TPRs in this setup:
again, why try to make yourself a target for the vig?
regardless of ur alignment, that's a throw
In post 321, Almost50 wrote:- Goon Cop: Probably gonna check me, but maybe scum!me picked a modifier
no godfather mod for scum to take
In post 321, Almost50 wrote:- Roleblocker: Probably will consider targeting me, bit maybe I don't do the NK tonight

Hint: If scum picked no modifier it's one or the other, and if it's a Goon Cop I'm doomed. If they did pick at least one modifier then both could be applicable and I've just wasted my N1 action

- Tracker: Similar to RB (i.e. I won't be the one carrying the NK tonight)
- Bodyguard: I sure as hell am not going to be protected by them anyway. Not with an IC in play.
- Vigilante: Check the start of this post. Anyone who might not be sure what I'm doing will probably just "do it"

Now think about me being the Traitor: Vig shooting me and me not dying is a red herring. They may assume they were RB'd on N1 so that saves me from the lynch, but then they're sure to try again on N2, and if I don't die I'm going to be lynched on D3 regardless.

Now, reread and recalculate.. does SCUM!ALMOST50 know all this, and still do what he is doing?? Why would scum!me be
baiting the Vig shot
at all????
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:45 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 306, Antihero wrote:the south end of vex's reads list is good

ruru seems town to me too. skitter is competent and makes not-awful posts and i hope she's town but i still haven't gotten a good thing to get a grip on to really TOWNREAD her

enigma's posting is acceptable but i'm not really townreading him at all...?
enigma was kinda *present* during a lot of the discussions and his posting there feels kinda natural and game-solving-y if that makes sense

like his posts just sort of feel like coming from a town mindset; like it's possible that they're faked but idk they just kinda feel townie and kinda what i'd expect town to be thinking in those places. like it's no one thing i can point to just like overall tone + timing of posts

i'm actually beginning ot become concerned about ruru - i don't really feel like she feels like town!her right now
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 311, Vex Vience wrote:i dont like this at all
i really dont
it just feels off to me
idl the whole vfr thing, (vote for roles, it comes from town of salem where everyone votes up someone just to get them to claim).
a50 trying to vfr (or at least suggesting we should) feels very off to me
i didn't really read that as an attempt to institute vfr; i thought he was interested in wagonomics and wanted to see who would join and/or leave the wagon
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 328, skitter30 wrote:
i really dont
it just feels off to me
idl the whole vfr thing, (vote for roles, it comes from town of salem where everyone votes up someone just to get them to claim).
i didn't really read that as an attempt to institute vfr; i thought he was interested in wagonomics and wanted to see who would join and/or leave the wagon
i can see that, but i kinda see it as an attempt at vfr as well
the two wagons part is where i get the wagonomics thing, but not really the solo wagon
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 311, Vex Vience wrote:u claim to have explained ruru's tr, yet i dont see it anywhere
The "lynch me first and when I flip town lynch skitter" debacle.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 311, Vex Vience wrote:idl the whole vfr thing, (vote for roles, it comes from town of salem where everyone votes up someone just to get them to claim).
I never played on ToS

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 319, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 317, Gamma Emerald wrote: DO YOU GET IT?
also, this frustration feels faked
i think gamma feels kinda scummy and/or affected as town

i've only played one game with him and he got mislycnhed for it

tbf i dont' know what he sounds like as scum
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 331, Almost50 wrote:
In post 311, Vex Vience wrote:idl the whole vfr thing, (vote for roles, it comes from town of salem where everyone votes up someone just to get them to claim).
I never played on ToS
it was a thing in ranked games for a bit thats been mostly phased out by now
it helps scum more than town because then they know who to kill

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Vex Vience »

which is why im exactly against it

#CultsArentBastard
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 311, Vex Vience wrote:a50 trying to vfr (or at least suggesting we should) feels very off to me
You're misunderstanding. You even bolded what I said. I said L-2, and nobody claims @L-2. The competing wagons though show who votes whom and why. Later on we can reference that and look for clues. Check the last game on my wiki. We had a guilty on D2, and instead if lynching Toranaga (the guilty) I suggested we lynch their p, purely based on a voting pattern. I also Town cased Egg for voting a wagon on D1 and refusing to vote the other. Fortunately I earned the support and trust of the town and we did just that.. lynched the "other" Mafioso, and then the guiltied surrendered overnight. I do take VCA into consideration, and it helps me lots (I guess now it won't in this game because I said so explicitly, but I have other means if scum hunting, so no biggie)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 314, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 293, Almost50 wrote:
In post 290, skitter30 wrote:i'm not entirely sure why you won't source this ...
Because the game is slowing down and I don't want to fall into apathy so I decided to pick a fight. Do you want to fight with me? :P
why not fight with me
because I want the fight to go a certain route and my forecast of your responses won't serve said goal. :P :lol:

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 326, Vex Vience wrote:no godfather mod for scum to take
goon cop only gets guilties on mafia goons
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 320, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don't think that one is? He can tell me whether it is, he should know which game I'm talking about. I'm going to drop a name from the game, he should be able to locate it with that.
I know the game but I;m not sure I want to check back, Anyway, I am "AP" and I am "Judge Joseph Dredd" (I believe the latter is the one in question?)

P.S. I used "latter" correctly! :D

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:06 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 321, Almost50 wrote:
In post 300, skitter30 wrote:italics - idk who this is referring to
I was talking about Vex. I said he was a TR of mine, yet I appear to be teasing him. If I'm scum I can either be trying to pocket him (with the TR) or alienate him (with the intimidation) but not both. If I wanted to pocket him then I wouldn't try to bug him, and if my purpose was to bug him then why the TR?

Also, you do realize I'm now the prime target for a Vig shot? In fact, here's a list of all possible TPRs in this setup:

- Goon Cop: Probably gonna check me, but maybe scum!me picked a modifier
- Roleblocker: Probably will consider targeting me, bit maybe I don't do the NK tonight

Hint: If scum picked no modifier it's one or the other, and if it's a Goon Cop I'm doomed.
If they did pick at least one modifier then both could be applicable and I've just wasted my N1 action

- Bodyguard: I sure as hell am not going to be protected by them anyway. Not with an IC in play.
- Vigilante: Check the start of this post. Anyone who might not be sure what I'm doing will probably just "do it"

Now think about me being the Traitor: Vig shooting me and me not dying is a red herring. They may assume they were RB'd on N1 so that saves me from the lynch, but then they're sure to try again on N2, and if I don't die I'm going to be lynched on D3 regardless.

Now, reread and recalculate.. does SCUM!ALMOST50 know all this, and still do what he is doing?? Why would scum!me be
baiting the Vig shot
at all????
i'm finding this post confusing; it's written from like scum!you's perspective (i know that's what you're trying to show but it took me a few tries reading through it to figure out what you were trying to say)

i don't understand the bolded

i agree that scum!you would try pretty hard not to be a vig target unless you were bulletproof, in which case you explicitly would be imo

however, i also don't really think you're *baiting* the vig shot, so much as your actions may have inadvertantly made you a emi-decent vig target (we can also debate if you're a good vig target or not but eh); like i don't know if this is something you kinda planned so much as realized after the fact, if that makes sense
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 338, Almost50 wrote:
In post 320, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don't think that one is? He can tell me whether it is, he should know which game I'm talking about. I'm going to drop a name from the game, he should be able to locate it with that.
I know the game but I;m not sure I want to check back, Anyway, I am "AP" and
I am "Judge Joseph Dredd" (I believe the latter is the one in question?)

wait this is you ???
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 322, Vex Vience wrote:Because you took BP.
GOOD EXPLANATION! BP indeed is unaffected by all TPRs except the Tracker. Well done!

So, with the knowledge that I'm indeed the BP Mafioso, how about you reread my ISO and find my teammates. I gave you a big head start and you should be thanking me for it. :P

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

if a goon has any sort of mod (like bulletproof or joat or anything) they're no longer a goon and return 'not goon' to the goon cop

unrecruited traitor also returns 'not goon' iirc
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:09 am

Post by ruru »

In post 321, Almost50 wrote:Also, you do realize I'm now the prime target for a Vig shot? In fact, here's a list of all possible TPRs in this setup:

- Goon Cop: Probably gonna check me, but maybe scum!me picked a modifier
- Roleblocker: Probably will consider targeting me, bit maybe I don't do the NK tonight

Hint: If scum picked no modifier it's one or the other, and if it's a Goon Cop I'm doomed. If they did pick at least one modifier then both could be applicable and I've just wasted my N1 action

baiting the Vig shot
at all????
I'm confused

I don't feel like you should be copped or vigged tonight and definitely not both? Like the characteristics that make someone a good vig shot are opposite or orthogonal to the characteristics that make someone a good peek

Also we should be voting on the vig shot and like you could reasonably predict that I'm going to yell at everyone at some point today until it happens

I'm not sure why you think bugging vex is so likely to get you vigged either way
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:09 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 329, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 328, skitter30 wrote:
i really dont
it just feels off to me
i can see that, but i kinda see it as an attempt at vfr as well
the two wagons part is where i get the wagonomics thing, but not really the solo wagon
the solo-wagon part immediately followed by the two-wagons part made me think it was about wagonomics
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:13 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 340, skitter30 wrote:
I know the game but I;m not sure I want to check back, Anyway, I am "AP" and
I am "Judge Joseph Dredd" (I believe the latter is the one in question?)

wait this is you ???
ok i retract being perfect at reading a50 because i played with him as jjd in a game and he was kinda moonlogic-y ate-y and i townread him for it but ultimately lynched him anyways because it was about to be a deadline and there wasn't a possibility of another lynch happening; he flipped scum

idk how i would have read him if i knew it was a50
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 324, Vex Vience wrote:why is town!you trying to bait vig shot as well?
I think I'll take the 5th on this one.

Somebody get this guy a copy of the Bill of Rights :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

:facepalm: skitterl it's a GOON COP. It only returns a guilty on GOONS (Vanilla Mafia). A Mafioso with ANY modifier would return an innocent to the GOON Cop.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I know the game but I;m not sure I want to check back, Anyway, I am "AP" and I am "Judge Joseph Dredd" (I believe the latter is the one in question?)

Yes
And to make things 100% clear at this point, the game is Open 717
<Embrace The Void>

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 347, Almost50 wrote:
:facepalm: skitterl it's a GOON COP. It only returns a guilty on GOONS (Vanilla Mafia). A Mafioso with ANY modifier would return an innocent to the GOON Cop.
i didn't write that quote ...

in fact i corrected him like ten posts above this one

Return to “Completed Open Games”