lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:02 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 331, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 329, lane0168 wrote:I PROMISE I will say something that I think is useful tomorrow. Or at least say smelling that I hope will be useful.

Pedit. Hi Ari. Long time no see
Does it really take you that long t think of something?
Yes
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

vote: FA_Q2
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:10 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 344, Thor665 wrote:
In post 338, GuiltyLion wrote:yeah it's feeling more and more like Sesq is more likely a mime with scum!FA_Q2 voting it

honestly I'm still fine with lynching the slot, if it's a Mime flip that's not the end of the world
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here; how do Sesq's Mime status and FA_Q2's scum status connect in your mind?

@A50 - Sure.

@Lane - I'm amazed that there is difficulty getting a wagon on you.
But honestly you can't be that amazed considering the quality of game being produced so far by most.

I just read through. This is a very "careful" game. I'm noticing that every other page has a "there's not much to talk about so far" post. Which leads me to believe there may just not be much to talk about. Or every single one of them is scum. Doubt that. It's essentially a whole bunch of gut reads and "shit posting" reads.

I can't proceed until I find something that I think is concrete evidence of scum thinking. That is when I get aggressive, but I don't see it. I just don't see it. Why?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count

Sesq - 5 - RockyHorror, lane0168, innocentvillager, GuiltyLion, FA_Q2
Nero Cain - 4 - Fink, Thor665, Almost50, sesq
Almost50 - 1 - Eragon
FA_Q2 - 1 - Nero Cain

Not Voting - UnrealSeal, Aristophanes

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

UnrealSeal is being replaced.

Deadline is suspended. A new deadline will be announced when the replacement that is currently needed is found.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 344, Thor665 wrote:Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here; how do Sesq's Mime status and FA_Q2's scum status connect in your mind?
They're both not showing me any evidence of being town

Sesq is aggressively playing scummy whereas FA_Q2 looks a lot more like he's trying to avoid the spotlight while sheeping onto the convenient wagon

It's not a connection between the two necessarily, it's just how I feel about assessing their slots and a possible explanation for the gamestate
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 352, lane0168 wrote:But honestly you can't be that amazed considering the quality of game being produced so far by most.
Considering the relative willingness most other wagons have felt for reasons that basically describe what you're doing - yeah, I'm a bit amazed.
Are you *not* noticing that? Like, you're amazed that Sesq has a wagon on him and is pushing a wagon on Guilty both of which can be described as 'meh, low content posting' while you sit there openly admitting you're low content posting with me being the only one bothered by your play?
Honestly? :neutral:
In post 352, lane0168 wrote:I can't proceed until I find something that I think is concrete evidence of scum thinking. That is when I get aggressive, but I don't see it. I just don't see it. Why?
Considering that, if you're town, that there are two Mafia as well as two slots that should be actively trying to get you to scumread them...well, that just goes back to my reason for wanting to lynch you ;)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 354, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 344, Thor665 wrote:Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here; how do Sesq's Mime status and FA_Q2's scum status connect in your mind?
They're both not showing me any evidence of being town

Sesq is aggressively playing scummy whereas FA_Q2 looks a lot more like he's trying to avoid the spotlight while sheeping onto the convenient wagon

It's not a connection between the two necessarily, it's just how I feel about assessing their slots and a possible explanation for the gamestate
What makes FA_Q2 stand out from the other lazy voters on the lazy wagon?
I mean, basically half the game is lazy votes, so why him over, say, Fink doubling down on an RVS position, or IV voting Sesq because Sesq gets reads when voted, or me sticking to cases I last described eight pages ago?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:06 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 355, Thor665 wrote:
In post 352, lane0168 wrote:But honestly you can't be that amazed considering the quality of game being produced so far by most.
Considering the relative willingness most other wagons have felt for reasons that basically describe what you're doing - yeah, I'm a bit amazed.
Are you *not* noticing that? Like, you're amazed that Sesq has a wagon on him and is pushing a wagon on Guilty both of which can be described as 'meh, low content posting' while you sit there openly admitting you're low content posting with me being the only one bothered by your play?
Honestly? :neutral:
In post 352, lane0168 wrote:I can't proceed until I find something that I think is concrete evidence of scum thinking. That is when I get aggressive, but I don't see it. I just don't see it. Why?
Considering that, if you're town, that there are two Mafia as well as two slots that should be actively trying to get you to scumread them...well, that just goes back to my reason for wanting to lynch you ;)
I most certainly am noticing that. But what's not amazing to me, is people not jumping from a leading wagon to a non wagon for essentially the same case.

There isn't a solid case to be found... There hasn't been a shocker moment (Aside from a50 telling us all someone claimed scum, which if I had that same feeling is be extremely aggressive towards that spot) for me. A moment of confidence that what was just said came from scum.

I believe what I said about eragons post though. But it's got no legs to stand on in itself
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 357, lane0168 wrote:I most certainly am noticing that. But what's not amazing to me, is people not jumping from a leading wagon to a non wagon for essentially the same case.
Yeah, but that they chose Sesq over you is a thing.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 358, Thor665 wrote:
In post 357, lane0168 wrote:I most certainly am noticing that. But what's not amazing to me, is people not jumping from a leading wagon to a non wagon for essentially the same case.
Yeah, but that they chose Sesq over you is a thing.
Is is strange that ppl want to lynch scum over Lane? Also, you seem content sitting on a not scum wagon so your whine that we aren't lynching Lane seems odd.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Jingle replaces UnrealSeal.

Deadline will be Sunday September 2 at 10pm EST, approximately 48 hours from now.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Thank god for true hero's like jingle
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

:igmeou:

Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Fink »

Lynch Mime -> chance to vig/NK other Mime = 18%
Lynch Town/Mafia -> chance to vig/NK other Mime = 33%

It’s worth trying to avoid lynching Mimes.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Fink »

In post 337, Aristophanes wrote:Umm...Vig shoots a Mime claim. Always.

Lynching a Mime claim is idiotic XD
You're missing my whole argument, please keep reading
In post 339, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 281, Fink wrote:
No way Mimeteam comes in and does something that immediately screams Mime,

but those first silly posts seem like a bit of a "please lynch me" Jester thing, and I think that's more likely to come from Mafia than Town or Mime.

Mime opens their PM and comes up with complicated ways to get lynched, Mafia opens up their PM with Mimes on the brain, the idea occurs "what if I do something really Jestery at the start of Day 1?" Odds of actually getting lynched aren't that high
I just don't think those posts were all that "please lynch me", like it's literally just RVS song lyric posting. this feels like a reach and you haven't done anything beyond this vote
This, on the other hand, feels like deliberately missing the point, especially given that GL and I already had an exchange about this, he asked me to repeat my reasoning, and here is complaining that I'm not talking about other things. And as I try to get into the game and things pick up, GL pushes harder on this "Fink hasn't done anything" narrative, in a significantly harder way than Thor has, without placing a vote.

VOTE: GuiltyLion

And Thor, it was never an RVS vote.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 348, lane0168 wrote:
In post 262, Eragon wrote:@thor your asking what my vote does?

Shows who I think is scum
I get the impression that eragon had this long elaborate response typed up, then got concerned about how it would look, deleted it, and came up with this.
Disregard this
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by Fink »

In post 365, lane0168 wrote:

I get the impression that eragon had this long elaborate response typed up, then got concerned about how it would look, deleted it, and came up with this.
Disregard this
What were you thinking when you said it and why aren't you thinking it anymore?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 360, Kmd4390 wrote:
Jingle replaces UnrealSeal.
Hmmm.. this player list id getting stronger by the minute. Here's for hoping this is a Town slot though (otherwise, we're in deep deep trouble).

@Nero: (Aside from me bc that's a given) who do you thing are MAFIA here?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Oh, you're voting FA_Q2. My bad.

Do you have any other suspect, just in case you are wrong about either of us?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 368, Almost50 wrote:Do you have any other suspect, just in case you are wrong about either of us?
your sole scumread is town so I think you should care more about your reads than mine.

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Jingle »

VOTE: a50

Aggressively serious vote, am caught up, can discuss when not mobile.
This is a Parachute.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:56 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Oh yay!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 366, Fink wrote:
In post 365, lane0168 wrote:

Disregard this
What were you thinking when you said it and why aren't you thinking it anymore?
I was thinking what I said when I said it, but doing an iso and seeing the whole picture, I really don't think eragon is scum
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 369, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 368, Almost50 wrote:Do you have any other suspect, just in case you are wrong about either of us?
your sole scumread is town so I think you should care more about your reads than mine.
Well, let's put it this way: I am more familiar with your play and I am considering my read on your slot based on your play. However, I am not sold on FA_Q being scum, so I am reaching for you to try and find mutual ground. Do you have any suggestions?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 370, Jingle wrote:VOTE: a50

Aggressively serious vote, am caught up, can discuss when not mobile.
Good vote! I also suspect this guy, but I've been a victim of conf!bias before so I'm reluctant to vote there myself. :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”