skitter30 (0):

Vex Vience (1):
Enigma

Not Voting (2):
Creature, Skygazer

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2018-09-10 09:40:00)

Other
:
- skitter30 V/LA Fridays and Saturdays
- Antihero V/LA weekends
- Creature still needs to respond to his prod
- teefuckinghee
Last edited by ofrhz on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its only

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

also @a50, when u claim mafia bp, it kinda makes people wanna focus on u, js
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by ruru »

VOTE: Frank
HURT: hws
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by ruru »

I guess it's time for the post now
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 424, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 387, Almost50 wrote:
In post 358, Vex Vience wrote:couple that with the fact that he's refusing to answer my questions
Hello, Eragon. Is that you? "It's his fault anyway, because I'm never wrong!" :lol:

And when did I become the center of your universe? Do you realize your one and only obsession has become A50? Are you not looking for 3 scums? Are you not interested in sorting anyone else???
also im not eragon
i would tell u if u got it right or not... after the game

still dont like a50, especially after saying they were mafia bp
will reply to the rest of the things sunday

VOTE: frank
thats for the skitter sr
like skitter is almost certainly town to me
That's the thing he isn't certainly town for me.

How is he so town?
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 427, ruru wrote:VOTE: Frank
HURT: hws
but why
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

Vex for what it's worth these reads are pretty rushed, and I gave a disclaimer with the vex read. But i would like to see why you're convinced he's town
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

can u literally give me a minute to reply to the rest of the thread or no?
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

time for a wall guys even though i should be doing schoolwork

Spoiler: a50 scummy posts
In post 336, Almost50 wrote:
In post 314, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 293, Almost50 wrote:
In post 290, skitter30 wrote:i'm not entirely sure why you won't source this ...
Because the game is slowing down and I don't want to fall into apathy so I decided to pick a fight. Do you want to fight with me? :P
why not fight with me
because I want the fight to go a certain route and my forecast of your responses won't serve said goal. :P :lol:
see, this is the type of thing that i find really scummy
ur saying that you have a certain goal in mind of this fight, y would town have that?

then, a50 makes a bunch of posts regarding him being goon, which i absolutely despise
In post 356, Almost50 wrote:
In post 339, skitter30 wrote:i don't understand the bolded
Town starts with only 2 TPRs and gain one for each modifier the Mafia picks. If Mafia picked no modifiers we have only 2 TPRs and one is the IC, so we can only have a Goon Cop OR a Roleblocker (or neither) but not both.

So, assuming no modifiers then I'm a GOON, so the Goon Cop can guilty me if they check me.

On the other hand I may have opted to pick a modifier to avoid that, but then the RB will stop me from doing whatever the modifier is supposed to do (except the BP as Vex pointed out). I was thinking of Role Cop and/or JOAT tbh. An active ability in other words. Recruiting the Traitor and/or activating Daytalk doesn't really change my status as a goon. I just missed the BP part (which iirc is a very good pick for scum if they decide to pick just one modifier, so keep that in mind for when we -hopefully- roll scum together in this setup sometime in the future). :lol:
In post 371, Almost50 wrote:
In post 343, ruru wrote:I'm confused
So am I! I don't know why anyone would think of shooting me tbh. I probably am just paranoid and overreacting iirc.

So, who should the Vig be targeting tonight in your view?
u literally claimed to have been scum y do u not think a vig would try killing you?
In post 373, Almost50 wrote:
In post 351, Vex Vience wrote:coupling this with the case im making on him, i'm 99.9% sure a50 is scum
Don't put all your eggs in one basket, my friend. Make that 90% for your own sake. 80% would make it look even better, while 50% makes you look confused (in a justified way), gets the job done and saves you the headache of the aftermath.

You know what looks even more scummy? THIS:

VOTE: A50

And YES, I have self-voted before as BOTH alignments, and I have even hammered myself as Town on D1 to make a point. We WON that game too!! (I don't remember is it was under AP or JJD though).
selfvoting
In post 381, Almost50 wrote:
In post 358, Vex Vience wrote:why would town!a50 try to bait vigi shot into him in the first place?
Why do you think I'm baiting the Vig shot at all? What gave you the impression that I am?? HOW DO YOU KNOW there is a Vig in the first place?
In post 382, Almost50 wrote:Like, I simply mentioned POSSIBILITIES, and everybody seems to have just "accepted" there is a Vig in play. How about the RB? What about the Goon Cop? Why not the Tracker????
r u fucking kidding me on this post?
gee, idfk, maybe the
FACT U FUCKING CLAIMED FUCKING MAFIA BP??

In post 401, Almost50 wrote:
In post 396, skitter30 wrote:i don't really think you've towntold tbh
skitter, put your head together in the game if you intend to win it. ruru is as town as you and I are. Sky is very very very likely town too. I dunno about Creature, but ofrhz says he's Town so I will sheep her. He's not active enough for my liking though, and Town!Creature could prove the difference between a Town win and a town loss.
\

"as town as you and I are"
thats saying a lot considering u claimed mafia bp

In post 383, ruru wrote:Getting yourself lynched d1 is hardly optimal traitor play, especially not if you're a50 and have a strong scumgame

We should also just agree to never vig or gc jestery players (sky, a50) and use the lynch on them instead if they're widely scumread
gc can make sure theyre not goon, vig can make sure theyre not bp/traitor
In post 429, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 424, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 387, Almost50 wrote:
In post 358, Vex Vience wrote:couple that with the fact that he's refusing to answer my questions
Hello, Eragon. Is that you? "It's his fault anyway, because I'm never wrong!" :lol:

And when did I become the center of your universe? Do you realize your one and only obsession has become A50? Are you not looking for 3 scums? Are you not interested in sorting anyone else???
also im not eragon
i would tell u if u got it right or not... after the game

still dont like a50, especially after saying they were mafia bp
will reply to the rest of the things sunday

VOTE: frank
thats for the skitter sr
like skitter is almost certainly town to me
That's the thing he isn't certainly town for me.

How is he so town?
i like her posting so far overall, i'll be working on another wall-reads bc a50 literally claimed mafia bp earlier
so
also i find u scummier atm bc of the reads
the fact that u rushed them kinda feels a bit odd
and another thing: im the top poster, yet u said that a50 had a lot of posts to sift through??

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

i have 102 posts (as of this one) v a50s 68 and skitters 64
something on those lines doesnt add up
also when it comes to reads when ur being asked for it, u should take ur time and think about it

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

im personally fine with leaving whatever the fuck a50 is alive for now and hanging frank
wall readpost is being worked on as well

#CultsArentBastard
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 423, FrankJaeger wrote:What standards are those so we can get a little more specific
I dunno. You're NOT using any.

Also,
IF SOMEONE CLAIMS A PR TODAY
DO NOT CC

Spoiler: Here's why:
Generally speaking, doomed scum will fake a claim to out the most dangerous PR (if exists) according to the modifications (or lack thereof) they picked. If that PR isn't in the game then there will be no CC anyway. Now let me not go into too much details and go straight to the point:

- Claiming Vigilante when a Town Vig does exist = Just shoot the claimer. If they're BP we'll deal with it on D2, but there is always a chance the Vig will kill the scum w.o. the need to out themselves.

- Claiming Bodyguard: Chances are he BG will flip sometime during the game anyway, so we will know it was a fake claim. (Actually this one "may claim if they want to", since they're dying anyway, and most probably protecting the IC, so I'll leave it to your best judgement)

- Claiming Tracker: Obviously we want results from the Tracker, and the longer they live the more reliable their results will be, so no need to eat a bullet on N1 in exchange of lynching a scumster on D1. I hope you know what to do in this case though.

- Claiming Roleblocker: Also more valuable towards the game end. Best play is to block the fake claimer thus forcing scum to use someone else to do the kill AND making them lose their modification if they have one.

- Claiming Goon Cop: This role is intended to find us at least one scum if it could. If the fake claimer is a goon (and the only one) then you should claim, but how do we know that? Best play is to try and find others (if any) and if you get shot we will know whom to lynch anyway, but if you do get a guilty on someone else then that's when you claim and you give us TWO scums instead of just one.

If you disagree with any of this, feel free to do what you will, but
please
don't discuss alternative strategies. Discussing certain details may still give your role away w.o. even the need for scum to fake claim anything.

Thanks for your attention.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 436, Almost50 wrote:
In post 423, FrankJaeger wrote:What standards are those so we can get a little more specific
I dunno. You're NOT using any.

Also,
IF SOMEONE CLAIMS A PR TODAY
DO NOT CC

Spoiler: Here's why:
Generally speaking, doomed scum will fake a claim to out the most dangerous PR (if exists) according to the modifications (or lack thereof) they picked. If that PR isn't in the game then there will be no CC anyway. Now let me not go into too much details and go straight to the point:

- Claiming Vigilante when a Town Vig does exist = Just shoot the claimer. If they're BP we'll deal with it on D2, but there is always a chance the Vig will kill the scum w.o. the need to out themselves.

- Claiming Bodyguard: Chances are he BG will flip sometime during the game anyway, so we will know it was a fake claim. (Actually this one "may claim if they want to", since they're dying anyway, and most probably protecting the IC, so I'll leave it to your best judgement)

- Claiming Tracker: Obviously we want results from the Tracker, and the longer they live the more reliable their results will be, so no need to eat a bullet on N1 in exchange of lynching a scumster on D1. I hope you know what to do in this case though.

- Claiming Roleblocker: Also more valuable towards the game end. Best play is to block the fake claimer thus forcing scum to use someone else to do the kill AND making them lose their modification if they have one.

- Claiming Goon Cop: This role is intended to find us at least one scum if it could. If the fake claimer is a goon (and the only one) then you should claim, but how do we know that? Best play is to try and find others (if any) and if you get shot we will know whom to lynch anyway, but if you do get a guilty on someone else then that's when you claim and you give us TWO scums instead of just one.

If you disagree with any of this, feel free to do what you will, but
please
don't discuss alternative strategies. Discussing certain details may still give your role away w.o. even the need for scum to fake claim anything.

Thanks for your attention.
ok but plz explain y tf u claimed mafia bp

#CultsArentBastard
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by ruru »

Thing A

We're voting on vig shots

This is a good thing because:
  • PRs can claim so they don't get shot (note: if you are a PR lined up to be vigged and either you're vig or feel there is a low chance of vig existing, you can and possibly should claim vt)
  • Individuals are biased and have varying levels of competence and therefore tend to have worse reads than the majority on average
  • More associative reads
Thing B

1. Please read this if you haven't

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... (by-Yates)

2. We're doing it starting tomorrow

And I'm policy lynching you if you don't, even if you're a cute baby monkey!

3. We're doing it right

How to pick cop/hypocop targets:
  • Unlikely lynch
  • Unlikely nightkill
  • Useful if town
  • Dangerous if scum
  • Hard to read
DO NOT TRY TO LYNCH YOUR HYPO-INNO

GC can give false negatives but if you think someone is lockscum such that you will read them as scum PR or traitor despite a GC inno, you probably shouldn't be copping them which means you probably shouldn't be hypocopping them

Occasionally hypoclaiming "either I was roleblocked or I investigated a dead player" is also worthwhile as it could happen to the real GC (and scum don't know who was roleblocked anyway)
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by ruru »

Now skitter can tr me haha xd
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 435, Vex Vience wrote:im personally fine with leaving whatever the fuck a50 is alive for now and hanging frank
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

oh hypoing gc results?
im down with that
thats fine

pedit: i mean, if im right ruru, frank + a50 is the team with someone else being traitor
if we have rber, they leash a50 and we can just traitorhunt for the rest of the game

#CultsArentBastard
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 437, Vex Vience wrote:ok but plz explain y tf u claimed mafia bp
You brought it up in a response to my post (which was mainly directed at skitter, but that's no problem) and your response was PERFECT. It was something I hadn't thought of, so I responded in my usual tongue-in-cheek manner.

As for why I play this way (in general) it's to liven up the thread, keep certain parties interested (and generating content) as well ... GET READS (through the reactions). You were more focussed on what I said (not blaming you), but you should have also paid attention to what others said (and what some didn't). Scum will
always
have a different reaction to a scum claim not coming from their team. I dunno how to explain it, but it usually gives one of them away (which is why the majority of them prefer not to engage on the issue and pretend it didn't exist).

So, the tldr is I do my scum hunting and reaction tests in the most unconventional ways. I also tend to crumb or hint my role (if I choose to) in some unconventional fashion as well. It is perfectly natural for someone who plays me for the first time to find me scummy for "being me" (unless -of course- when I do roll scum) :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 438, ruru wrote:And I'm policy lynching you if you don't, even if you're a cute baby monkey!
Hmmm.. I've got a sinking feeling someone's somewhere is talking about me. :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 438, ruru wrote:
DO NOT TRY TO LYNCH YOUR HYPO-INNO
For emphasis!

ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 442, Almost50 wrote:keep certain parties interested
Oh you know I'm interested! :oops:
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 441, Vex Vience wrote:if we have rber, they leash a50 and we can just traitorhunt for the rest of the game
What if I'm strongman?? :P

See? You're practically baiting me to respond this way! :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 445, ruru wrote:
In post 442, Almost50 wrote:keep certain parties interested
Oh you know I'm interested! :oops:
Oh, I know you and skitter are fans. I was hoping for Sky and HWS to be following too. Turns out Vex is a better fan than they are.

ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 68, Almost50 wrote:@ruru: Scum can't claim a TPR bc I rolled ALL TPRs (with the exception of Creature's IC). :P
What if a50 is actually all the scum prs at once
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 448, ruru wrote:
In post 68, Almost50 wrote:@ruru: Scum can't claim a TPR bc I rolled ALL TPRs (with the exception of Creature's IC). :P
What if a50 is actually all the scum prs at once
What if indeed! My ideal role would be NK-immune unlynchable Investigation-immune ... wait! I think I can do with the first two. :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”