Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 499, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 487, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 478, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like Vex is definitely town from his efforts, not sure about anyone else
"Effort is alignment indicative, but only for Vex"
Its not the effort itself, but it's directed towards that I townread. He seems dedicated to advancing the game in a pro town way
And I'm not?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 409, ruru wrote:I know that I'm tonereadable and that tone was a large factor in 721 and I think I've generated enough content here where my tone isn't super nervous which it is when I'm scum

But yes, I'm not very interested in the game and have no confident scumreads and while I think the latter is somewhat scum-indicative for me and people in general I also can't control it
the hting is that i don't really townread you quite as much for your content as much as for your tone/engagement/attitude/eagerness to gamesolve/mindmelding/timing of thoughts and votes

like you can fake townie trains of thought and scumhunting and trajectory as scum so that's not really what i use to read you. like yes i agree you have a decent amount of content but like ... i don't think you can't fake anything you've done thus far

and you don't sound super-nervous as scum (i know you're self-conscious as scum but it doesn't super come off in your posts), just more ... stilted is a good word, and town!you is a lot more free-wheeling and i don't see that here

i'm very much reminded of american presidents mafia (which i know you weren't in) where scum!duckling was faking a pr - i didn't believe it because it wasn't the town pr meta i was used to; he agreed with me that he hadn't behaved to the town pr meta that i know but then scumread me for not pr-reading him

like that's kinda what i'm getting here - you agree that your tone is off and you know that's a large part of how i read you but you're scumreading me for not townreading you ????? like i dont' really get what you want from me here when you agree you aren't behaving in the way i'd expect from town!you
In post 409, ruru wrote:I don't frame this as "I believe skitter can read me accurately" and "lynch skitter after I flip if she's confidently scumreading me" as scum

Also I started playing the game
wrt the former - i dont' know whether you would or wouldn't frame it like that as scum

wrt the lantter - i don't really feel like you have been
In post 409, ruru wrote:You have a history of reading me accurately so if you're confidently scumreading me then from a third person perspective lynching me is objectively correct and yes I would argue against it because I know my alignment but mechanically speaking, yes I am conflating those two
i guess i just don't really view this as a you-v-me 1v1 that must be resolved today? like i'm now seeing that you think this is the correct way to approach this but like i don't view this like a guilty like you seem to, more like i have fairly strong reason to read you the way i am
In post 409, ruru wrote:I think nullscumreading me without pushing my lynch is a perfectly viable option for scum.you here because it means I won't necessarily flip and immediately implicate you while still letting you shade my slot and leaving open the option of being off-wagon but not protesting strongly if I end up widely scumread, or of pushing my lynch on later days when it's deemed more worth the risk, or whatever else
i'm calling you nullscum because i don't think you've been really actively scummy, so much as you haven't towntold in ways that i know how to read

i also don't think i need to come to a firm conclusion either way right now because it's still early-mid day1 and you aren't close to getting lynched atm; also i think i'd be able to read you under that sort of pressure and i imagine i'd have a strong opinion either way at that point
In post 409, ruru wrote:But that's like 10% of my issue, 90% of my issue is that I do think my more recent posts have been more town-indicative and your read hasn't quantitatively changed at all or even gained any qualitative nuance which is what I would expect from town.you
i don't feel like your posts really have been tho

like you haven't done anything that strongly indicates town!you to me, and i think it's entirely possible that you're able to fake what you've done thus far
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 416, FrankJaeger wrote:Last part of Iso looks better than the rest I guess.
a50 - what do you think of the whole vig-thing debacle?
In post 416, FrankJaeger wrote:Though I dont agree with all of his reads. (Town lean)
anti - which reads do you disagree with
In post 416, FrankJaeger wrote:110's vote seems odd compared to the hyper logical begining of ISO. I do like the proof of your read, even If I hate using meta. 272 seems like instigating. (Null/*Small* scum read) This is more of a gut scum read so take that with a grain of salt.
me

a) how is instigating?

b) does not sound like you're talking to someone you're scumleaning; it kinda sounds like you're talking to someone you think is town

you have a lot more scumreads than i do; i feel like i have a lot of townreads and not enough scumreads tbh
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

it occurs to me that gamma is an easy mislynch

it also occurs to me that if a50 is town he's made himself very easy to push by scum
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 424, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 387, Almost50 wrote:
In post 358, Vex Vience wrote:couple that with the fact that he's refusing to answer my questions
Hello, Eragon. Is that you? "It's his fault anyway, because I'm never wrong!" :lol:

And when did I become the center of your universe? Do you realize your one and only obsession has become A50? Are you not looking for 3 scums? Are you not interested in sorting anyone else???
also im not eragon
i would tell u if u got it right or not... after the game

still dont like a50, especially after saying they were mafia bp
will reply to the rest of the things sunday

VOTE: frank
thats for the skitter sr
like skitter is almost certainly town to me
claiming scum bp i think was in jest; i don't scumread that

i don't really care that frank is scumreading me; i'm more concerned that he was talking to me like he thought i was town just above giving me a scumread
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 429, FrankJaeger wrote:That's the thing he isn't certainly town for me.

How is he so town?
(i'm a she btw)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 431, FrankJaeger wrote:
Vex for what it's worth these reads are pretty rushed,
and I gave a disclaimer with the vex read. But i would like to see why you're convinced he's town
:igmeou:

this pings me the wrong way

like you're being defensive and don't really have conviction in them
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

[quote="In post 438, ruru"][/quote]

ok

HURT: mwnn

(he hasn't been anywhere on site since thursday it looks like, even on his main)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 439, ruru wrote:Now skitter can tr me haha xd
this i kinda think is town actually
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 452, Skygazer wrote:A50/ruru/Creature/skitter/vex feel town imo
these feel kinda safe, no offense
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 464, FrankJaeger wrote:2/10

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Almost50

You can't yell don't talk spec after this lol.
Your vote stinks too
i don't understand this vote

why are you voting him for this?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 482, Almost50 wrote:(
and I found it strange you voted Gamma over me in the first place)
, so why is your vote on me because of this specific post again?
i was thinking this too actually
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 484, FrankJaeger wrote:Youre expecting waaayyyyy too much from an early D1 reads list.

Why do I need to have such binary reads right now anyway?

Is it that unusual that I have such a big null pile?

Yeah you had a lot of self meta, which is bad. Way more scum motivation than town.
this also feels kinda wrong, also kinda defensive-y sorta? not sure how to explain it right now

like defensive + bravado-y
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:56 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 493, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 480, ruru wrote:
In post 468, FrankJaeger wrote:Still waiting on ru and a50 to talk to me
... and I'm still waiting for you to explain why you're nullreading me when you're calling the majority of my content scummy self-meta and not giving any further analysis
I don't like you tunneling me before I even started posting.

I mean if you really want, I can give a few posts I like from you.maybe it would help you see my null point of view on you
yes please do
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: frank

ruru's feeling a little more townie now

also i like the frank wagon
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 507, skitter30 wrote:ok

HURT: mwnn

(he hasn't been anywhere on site since thursday it looks like, even on his main)
Why do you want to vig him when we can replace him?

Weren't you flaming a50 over "v/la is scummy"

How is voting a siteflaked player productive
In post 501, skitter30 wrote:and you don't sound super-nervous as scum (i know you're self-conscious as scum but it doesn't super come off in your posts)
Semantics aside, you tred me on page 2 or something for not being "nervous-awkward" in 721 and I'm not nervous-awkward here

Also I feel like you in particular should be townreading and it was partially a reaction test

Is there a particular reason you're not townreading ?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 515, ruru wrote:Why do you want to vig him when we can replace him?

Weren't you flaming a50 over "v/la is scummy"

How is voting a siteflaked player productive
if he gets replaced than i'll change that but atm he's the person i feel is the best vig shot

(i feel like vig shots should best be used for players who can't be sorted by posting, either because they aren't posting or because they're inscrutable (like nm))

probably the second-best vig shot is hws or frank?

like i don't really see the point of voting someone who isn't here to give reactions

but i think it's fine to resolve the slot through night actions
In post 515, ruru wrote:Semantics aside, you tred me on page 2 or something for not being "nervous-awkward" in 721 and I'm not nervous-awkward here
in the newbie you felt stilted/awkward/nervous/unconfident

in the open you felt carefree/unreserved

here you feel reserved + stilted, but not really awkward; it reminds me more of the scumgame than the towngame because it's lacking that carefree-ness

like it isn't exactly like the newbie but i think your tone is more similar to the newbie than the open

i don't really know how to explain it much better than that really

uh i don't really have super strong thoughts on ; i think it shows that you're very self-aware of how your posts come across?

i don't know why i'm supposed to townread you for that post tho
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by ruru »

viewtopic.php?p=9424014#p9424014

I directly copied the wording from here which based on your most recent post I assume you didn't think I'd done it intentionally
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 218, ruru wrote:I'm not playing intentionally scummy and I didn't claim to be playing intentionally scummy
are you talking about this line?

i think that kinda matches ' I'm not scum. I have no idea why you think I scumclaimed, or why you think I'm confirmed scum. ' but not really?

otherwise i'm not sure what you're referring to

i don't really remember the exact wording i used in that game; i had to scroll up to figure out what that convo with rc was even about since you linked it in the middle of the page; all i remember is that he rewrote that post for me like three times because he didn't want me to come off as being scummy there

i don't know why i'm supposed to townread you off of that either tho
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:40 pm

Post by ruru »

That was the wording you used before the editing occurred, my wording was copied from the final version ('I'm not scum and I did not "scumclaim".')

I would kinda think rc editing your scumpost to make it super town would leave an impression? Like you would remember the differences both when writing scumposts and when reading other people too
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 500, Almost50 wrote:
In post 499, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 487, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 478, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like Vex is definitely town from his efforts, not sure about anyone else
"Effort is alignment indicative, but only for Vex"
Its not the effort itself, but it's directed towards that I townread. He seems dedicated to advancing the game in a pro town way
And I'm not?
First off when did effort become a thing in how I read you? Secondly you haven't seemed too dedicated to that motive, but I know that won't really help me read you, you have your own way of doing things.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by ruru »

actually this might be moon logic
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 519, ruru wrote:That was the wording you used before the editing occurred, my wording was copied from the final version ('I'm not scum and I did not "scumclaim".')

I would kinda think rc editing your scumpost to make it super town would leave an impression? Like you would remember the differences both when writing scumposts and when reading other people too
the way you worded it and the way rc wrote it do'nt seem super similar to me? like the sentence structure is kinda similar but not sufficiently so that it calls back that post in particular because i use that strucutre a lot (before you ask i don't remember a particular place in a mafia game but i can probably dig some up if i have to; it's a sentence structure i'm fond of; i often use 'i don't think A nor do I think B' and 'i don't A and i also don't B')

like you put the 'claim' in the front of the second clause and rc put it out the end of it which throws off the similarity for me; like the word 'claim' isn't being used in quite the same context in both and it's throwing me off

(i know this is nit-picky but this is just how i process sentences and that makes it sufficiently different to not have the same structure really; even reading it now i don't really think it has the same structure and i couldn't figure out what sentence you meant you were mimicking)

it has a generically similar sentence structure which i use a lot but not quite similar enough that it rang any bells for that post in particular

like i remember this happening but i don't remember the exact text of the post, either the before or after version; especially since we ended up with wording he chose

also i don't think i played particularly well in that game so i don't think i've dwelled on it super much tbh

Subject: Micro 724: Mafia Thread
RadiantCowbells wrote:
2. I'm not scum and I did not "scumclaim".
In post 218, ruru wrote:I'm not playing intentionally scummy and I didn't claim to be playing intentionally scummy
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

either way i don't know what why that's supposed to make me townread you?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

This is going over my head you guys
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Open Games”