In post 548, Enigma wrote:
In post 546, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 541, Enigma wrote:
1. Don't CC any fake claims
2. Vote for who you want to (hypo) vig with hurt tags
3. Hypo cop results tomorrow

UNVOTE:
Waiting a bit
whoa, you're just running with ruru's plan?
Yeh? It benefits town?
well no one has responded to my reservations yet.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:33 am

Post by Creature »

What we going go gonna do?
Sigh
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:36 am

Post by Enigma »

Your reservation about there not being a cop in the game? Well if there is no cop, then there is little benefit but if there is a cop it is helpful. Plus it forces scum to put something on the table and potential discussions about choice of targets, so thats is a benefit regardless of cop/no cop. I mean do you have any reservations about downsides?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Creature »

Have we gained anything from Frank?
Sigh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 552, Enigma wrote:Your reservation about there not being a cop in the game? Well if there is no cop, then there is little benefit but if there is a cop it is helpful. Plus it forces scum to put something on the table and potential discussions about choice of targets, so thats is a benefit regardless of cop/no cop. I mean do you have any reservations about downsides?
Well if there is no cop, scum could deduce that from hypo results and determine that it's a safe fakeclaim. Plus homesite meta generally makes me uneasy about hypocop except when it's proven effective (like in cop 13Ps on MU)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:43 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 554, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 552, Enigma wrote:Your reservation about there not being a cop in the game? Well if there is no cop, then there is little benefit but if there is a cop it is helpful. Plus it forces scum to put something on the table and potential discussions about choice of targets, so thats is a benefit regardless of cop/no cop. I mean do you have any reservations about downsides?
Well if there is no cop, scum could deduce that from hypo results and determine that it's a safe fakeclaim. Plus homesite meta generally makes me uneasy about hypocop except when it's proven effective (like in cop 13Ps on MU)
Well I think its quite difficult for scum to deduce the existence of a cop from hypo-claims because they have to POE all the town slots which could potentially have it and that is something they can't do very easily early game, and by late game we have already got most the benefits if a real cop exists.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 555, Enigma wrote:
Well I think its quite difficult for scum to deduce the existence of a cop from hypo-claims because they have to POE all the town slots which could potentially have it and that is something they can't do very easily early game, and by late game we have already got most the benefits if a real cop exists.
I think you might have a point given the role isn't like a regular cop
gfdi where's Mathdino when you need him
<Embrace The Void>

ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:03 am

Post by ruru »

In post 549, Enigma wrote:
In post 545, ruru wrote: was pure sarcasm because the hypocop post is 100% nai and skitter was scumreading me for not making it a couple days earlier which is really silly

also hi ceejay!
Yeh ok haha. NAI.
Do you still TR skitter btw?
No

My reaction test was probably silly but

I'm conflicted between her probably not wanting to pick a 1v1 with me as scum and the fact that she should've townread me like 10 pages ago and her saying "oh ruru is kinda town now" and sheeping my lynchpool doesn't really make me feel better about her?

I don't like her mwnn vote either

I don't like the weird burden on me to make a post about mechanics by a certain time. If anything I think town.her would be more likely to just not comment it and then scumread me at eod if I still hadn't done it, shading me for not having made the post yet is just weird

And if we're talking about me reading her reactively it's because her posting style is naturally townish as either alignment (source) and I give bop a fairly strong weight when reading her especially when it comes to reading me which she's historically good at
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 502, skitter30 wrote:a50 - what do you think of the whole vig-thing debacle?
I think it's silly and was taken way out of proportion, as I clearly was talking about all possibilities and not just the Vig.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 505, skitter30 wrote:
In post 429, FrankJaeger wrote:That's the thing he isn't certainly town for me.

How is he so town?
(i'm a she btw)
PROVE IT!

Ahem... SORRY! AP moment. :P

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 525, ruru wrote:Because in the universe where you think exactly the same way as me it would make you.me townread me.me except that's not actually how logic works so whatever
uh, ok i guess? that isn't something i'd townread you for really

i do think the moonlogic is more likely to come from town!you i think; scum!you is a lot more ... planned i think
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 529, ofrhz wrote:
ManWithNoName has not responded to his prod.

ceejayvinoya replaces ManWithNoName. Welcome! :)
hello!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 540, Creature wrote:like here.
(i hated that game and actively try to scrub it from my memory

i forgot you were in it )
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

Well if there is no cop, scum could deduce that from hypo results and determine that it's a safe fakeclaim.
Plus homesite meta generally makes me uneasy about hypocop except when it's proven effective (like in cop 13Ps on MU)
i'm not entirely sure how they'd be able to figure that out tbh

they'd need like *all* townies to hypo-inno traitor and/or modified groupscum or something for that to happen
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 556, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think you might have a point given the role isn't like a regular cop
That's why I said this skitter
because of the way it works, hypoing is a little different
<Embrace The Void>

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 557, ruru wrote:
In post 549, Enigma wrote:
In post 545, ruru wrote: was pure sarcasm because the hypocop post is 100% nai and skitter was scumreading me for not making it a couple days earlier which is really silly

also hi ceejay!
Yeh ok haha. NAI.
Do you still TR skitter btw?
No

My reaction test was probably silly but

I'm conflicted between her probably not wanting to pick a 1v1 with me as scum and the fact that she should've townread me like 10 pages ago and her saying "oh ruru is kinda town now" and sheeping my lynchpool doesn't really make me feel better about her?

I don't like her mwnn vote either

I don't like the weird burden on me to make a post about mechanics by a certain time. If anything I think town.her would be more likely to just not comment it and then scumread me at eod if I still hadn't done it, shading me for not having made the post yet is just weird

And if we're talking about me reading her reactively it's because her posting style is naturally townish as either alignment (source) and I give bop a fairly strong weight when reading her especially when it comes to reading me which she's historically good at
i think i would have just called you obvtown, pocketed you, and shot you at some convenient time as scum tbh

i don't think i bother going this route as scum like this, especially since you said you thought i get pl'd the next day if i'm wrong

idk i don't strongly townread you; i'm stating exactly what i think and right now i don't see it really - you're more townie than before but not like hilariously beyond obvtown or anything and you haven't been townie enough to remove/negate my hesitations here

i think empty slots are basically exactly what vig shots are for

i hadn't commented on the mechanics thing till you brought it up; i kinda forgot about it then i realized i'm used to you getting into it earlier

ye i agree that i kinda post in a generically townie way; that itself isn't what i should be read by necessarily (have you read like every single scum PT i've ever had or something ...?)

i don't know if my reads are good enough in a general sense to bop me tho; i have tendency to get hard-tunneled, which can last several dayphases and i'm not very good at breaking out of it by myself; i usually need someone like math to talk me out of it

i'm kinda aware that i might be tunneled here which is partially why i'm not going full-force on this, especially since both vex and a50 think you're town. also i think my reads get better the later on in the game i am; like i'm aware that my mid-day1 reads aren't always great so i kinda take them with a grain of salt
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 558, Almost50 wrote:
In post 502, skitter30 wrote:a50 - what do you think of the whole vig-thing debacle?
I think it's silly and was taken way out of proportion, as I clearly was talking about all possibilities and not just the Vig.
oh sorry that was meant to indicate that it was in the section about you in frank's wall o' reads, not that i meant for you to answer it; it was a question directed at frank
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Almost50 »

UNVOTE:
Waiting a bit
It's actually best this way. If there a vig they could still do their own thing at their own risk though. :wink:

HURT: Antihero

P.S. I'm assuming Frank is today's lynch though. If not then HURT: Frank

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 563, skitter30 wrote:they'd need like *all* townies to hypo-inno traitor and/or modified groupscum or something for that to happen
That's like .. the exact opposite. The Goon Cop
will
get an inno on the Traitor and/or modified groupscum. Goon Cops only get guilties on GOONS (Vanilla Mafia).

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 567, Almost50 wrote:

UNVOTE:
Waiting a bit
It's actually best this way. If there a vig they could still do their own thing at their own risk though. :wink:

HURT: Antihero

P.S. I'm assuming Frank is today's lynch though. If not then HURT: Frank
I'd love to get Mathdino's opinion on this but A50 is a good option too
not sure who I'd want vigged rn
<Embrace The Void>

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

It;s like the VT Cop (VT, not just Vanilla) in a role madness. The VT Cop will only be able to identify the one VT in the game. If there are "named townies" (like, if there's a Miller with no alignment Cop in play or a Nurse with no Doctor in play, or a Macho Citizen.. etc. they will give a "not a VT" result still). If that was a VANILLA Cop though then only true Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons will give them a positive result.

P-edit: A50 is NEVER a good "Vig" hit. A50 is a good NK for scum and a good Investigation target for Town unless he obv!Towns in which case the Mafia are sure to take care of him on N1. In short, you don't need to worry about me before D3 (and chances I won't even be alive by then)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I meant your opinion on the strategy, did you not read the second line
<Embrace The Void>

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:30 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 568, Almost50 wrote:
In post 563, skitter30 wrote:they'd need like *all* townies to hypo-inno traitor and/or modified groupscum or something for that to happen
That's like .. the exact opposite. The Goon Cop
will
get an inno on the Traitor and/or modified groupscum. Goon Cops only get guilties on GOONS (Vanilla Mafia).

yes, i know

so i'm saying that unless someone gives an inno on on a goon (ie and scum thus know that this wasn't a real check by the real gooncop on scum), and all townies do this, thus allowing scum to poe the real gooncop, i don't know how hypo-innos will out the real-gooncop
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 570, Almost50 wrote:It;s like the VT Cop (VT, not just Vanilla) in a role madness. The VT Cop will only be able to identify the one VT in the game. If there are "named townies" (like, if there's a Miller with no alignment Cop in play or a Nurse with no Doctor in play, or a Macho Citizen.. etc. they will give a "not a VT" result still). If that was a VANILLA Cop though then only true Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons will give them a positive result.

P-edit: A50 is NEVER a good "Vig" hit. A50 is a good NK for scum and a good Investigation target for Town unless he obv!Towns in which case the Mafia are sure to take care of him on N1. In short, you don't need to worry about me before D3 (and chances I won't even be alive by then)
The thing is stuff like this (the p-edit) is so WIFOMy considering it is a goon cop and it is not a hard clear. It's like don't vig me, the goon cop can clear me (even though it is not a hard clear) and scum can NK me otherwise - but omits the case if he is scum PR ... but anyways AP for me is a future problem, and at least get his worth for the first few days if he is town ...
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:50 am

Post by Creature »

Mathdino's playing?
Sigh

Return to “Completed Open Games”