Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its only

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:15 am

Post by Vex Vience »

pageget
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Vex Vience »

im currently sring sky only because of low activity + posts made are mostly fluff
i can see where ur coming from with the whole "im watching avatar" thing, however, one small event doesnt clear the bigger things imo
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 724, Vex Vience wrote:ur tr on sky is still standing after she replied to the prod with "Oh no!" and nothing else?
I don't see "Oh no!" as particularly scummy, but I am open to reconsidering my TR on Sky because of the low activity indeed.

As for your main, I am was not actively looking, but now I have a list of 5 moderators I have played under several times, and if I exclude Skullduggery that's down to 4 possibilities. The question is why would I want to out you if you don't want to? I know I had MUCH fun playing my first game as AP when nobody knew it was really me, so HAVE FUN!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:55 am

Post by Vex Vience »

so am i but... i made this alt ultimately to prove to myself i am a good fm player
nothing more
ill also say: ik ive made one post so far that is a dead giveaway to my main
also, if u call me by my main, ill reply to it

if i really was trying to make sure i wouldnt accidentally out myself, i wouldnt have brought it up, y'know?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Vex Vience »

as for sky, id like to see more activity from her slot, but if we dont before eod, and we have a vigi, shes the best shot imo
i personally found the "Oh no!" prod reply as slightly scummy only because it feels so hollow
it just feels like it was made
just
to get off the prodtimer
i dont like the post in general

#CultsArentBastard
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:45 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 712, BuJaber wrote:Thank you ofrhz

Hello

I will catchup fully probably during the weekend.

Based on first 5 pages: vex, skitter, skygazer and young man A29 are town. Hewhoswims and Enigma are scum.

I don't normally replace people so this is new to me enjoy my tease. More to come.
hello! why town on sky and scum on hws?

==
In post 717, BuJaber wrote:Regarding Enigma:
In those 5 pages the number of pagetops, posts about pagetops, jokes about pagetops, and posts about setup make up an awfully large portion of his total posts.

I really don't like pagetop grabbing.. I know many townies do it but it doesn't help at all and sometimes people compete over them which helps artificially boost post and page counts. It's a bit of a personal bias of mine.
i'm confused - if you agree that townies do it why are you viewing it as scummy here?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 729, Vex Vience wrote:i personally found the "Oh no!" prod reply as slightly scummy only because it feels so hollow
it just feels like it was made just to get off the prodtimer
I see. Well, that wasn't my impression when I first read that post, but now I see your point.
To me it felt more like "Oh no.. not this one too" or "Oh no.. I've got so much to do and things are going out of hand".. y'know.. that kind of thing when feel like you can't keep us with so many tasks (not necessarily just games).

Also I dunno.. Mods I'm sure I played more than one game under are skullduggery (that's definitely not you), Mastina (also not applicable), Varsoon (almost wrote that off but ...), dramonic, KuroiXHF (been a long time since I saw him on MS at all) and Fraggernaut. Did I miss someone I played under more than once? GiF maybe?? You've got be one of those names if I did play in your games more than once.

Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 731, Almost50 wrote:
In post 729, Vex Vience wrote:i personally found the "Oh no!" prod reply as slightly scummy only because it feels so hollow
it just feels like it was made just to get off the prodtimer
I see. Well, that wasn't my impression when I first read that post, but now I see your point.
To me it felt more like "Oh no.. not this one too" or "Oh no.. I've got so much to do and things are going out of hand".. y'know.. that kind of thing when feel like you can't keep us with so many tasks (not necessarily just games).

Also I dunno.. Mods I'm sure I played more than one game under are skullduggery (that's definitely not you), Mastina (also not applicable), Varsoon (almost wrote that off but ...), dramonic, KuroiXHF (been a long time since I saw him on MS at all) and Fraggernaut. Did I miss someone I played under more than once? GiF maybe?? You've got be one of those names if I did play in your games more than once.
yea, i saw skys post not as what you said, but just getting off prodtimer.

also, for main, i looked back through your alts, uve only played in one game of mine, (that was under AP). i thought u had played in another game i had modded unless ur hiding another alt on me. that one is just on me then
i did see that under all ur alts + main, uve played at least 4 games with me between ur main and jjd.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Vex Vience »

also, getting to the point of sky being in too many games, my argument is why wouldnt sky just say that then?
instead of posting something that sounds so hollow and empty ("oh no!") why wouldnt she just say "prodge, ive been busy"?

thats the part that doesnt line up with me
also agree on skitters point of "if townies would mention pagegets, why is buj finding it scummy"
ill reserve further judgement on buj until he posts some more content tho

#CultsArentBastard
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:33 am

Post by ruru »

In post 717, BuJaber wrote:In those 5 pages the number of pagetops, posts about pagetops, jokes about pagetops, and posts about setup make up an awfully large portion of his total posts.

I really don't like pagetop grabbing.. I know many townies do it but it doesn't help at all and sometimes people compete over them which helps artificially boost post and page counts. It's a bit of a personal bias of mine.
I also default scumread this but do you think it's AI for enigma?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:34 am

Post by Creature »

Okay, I'm feeling well

Bring me the challenge
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:34 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: Frank
Sigh
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:36 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 734, ruru wrote:
In post 717, BuJaber wrote:In those 5 pages the number of pagetops, posts about pagetops, jokes about pagetops, and posts about setup make up an awfully large portion of his total posts.

I also default scumread this but do you think it's AI for enigma?
why do you think it would be ai?
i only see enigma doing it in this game as well
In post 735, Creature wrote:Okay, I'm feeling well

Bring me the challenge
of?

#CultsArentBastard
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 732, Vex Vience wrote:also, for main, i looked back through your alts, uve only played in one game of mine, (that was under AP). i thought u had played in another game i had modded unless ur hiding another alt on me. that one is just on me then
I figured it out i think; ive only seen the wall o' reads like that once before but I didnt think it was you given that the town and overall posting style are drastically different; would never have guessed that tbh
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:46 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 738, skitter30 wrote:
In post 732, Vex Vience wrote:also, for main, i looked back through your alts, uve only played in one game of mine, (that was under AP). i thought u had played in another game i had modded unless ur hiding another alt on me. that one is just on me then
I figured it out i think; ive only seen the wall o' reads like that once before but I didnt think it was you given that the town and overall posting style are drastically different; would never have guessed that tbh
:3

im gonna assume a few things here:
i'm assuming you're talking about MD's jungle republic, namely, post 229, made by Korina when you say "the wall o' reads", which would mean, you're thinking my main is Korina.

which, yea, you're right on that. i am korina.
i just needed the right motivation to actually sit down and play knowing i wont get instantly pl'd just for being in the game.
the wonders of not pling me are amazing because you get towngames like this from me where i put forth serious amounts of effort into gamesolving.

anyways, yea, i'm korina. my reads list was the post i was thinking would certainly give me away, and to a lesser degree, calling a50 "monkey-boye", (something in my sig, plus only 7 other posts, (excluding this one) have the word "boye" in them.)

im an amazing player when i have motivation to play well.

#CultsArentBastard
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 739, Vex Vience wrote:i am korina.
I would have never guessed it in a million years! :lol: :lol: :lol: WELL DONE!

Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

wall coming with my full case on sky later tonight

pedit: that was the goal monkey boye, try to make sure people dont realize its me until i said it was me.

#CultsArentBastard
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 674, skitter30 wrote:
In post 650, ofrhz wrote:Almost50 (3): Antihero, Gamma Emerald, FrankJaeger
the longer this wagon sits here the more i dislike it

sky/engima why aren't you voting?

(i guess i'll give cj a pass for another day or two irl but i think that the gamestate woudl perhaps be much better if everyone was voting)
I don't think A50 is the right play for today and if he is scum it is a future us problem. Not to mention, I also think he is very weak town. What follows from this is a bit of suspicion on the the three on this wagon (particularly if frank flips scum).

Frank was the person I was interested in voting a while back, but at that stage he had been a bit inactive so I was hoping he would come back and clear up some doubts. Well ... he hasn't done a very good job with that lol.

--
In post 596, ruru wrote:Actually how about this

VOTE: Skygazer
HURT: Frank

ellitell and frank needs to die but sky is more likely to be bp I think
Tbh, I don't know how much info we will get trying to lynch Sky. As she mentioned, she is pretty lynchbaity here and I don't really think she will do much to protest against a wagon on her given her activity and she will probably just continue trolling as either alignment making her even more lynchbaity. To me, a player like that is better off being vigged and should definitely not be around endgame, and if she is bp she is screwed - and this can also be mechanically be deciphered before endgame without a D2 claim.

--
In post 712, BuJaber wrote:Thank you ofrhz

Hello

I will catchup fully probably during the weekend.

Based on first 5 pages: vex, skitter, skygazer and young man A29 are town. Hewhoswims and Enigma are scum.

I don't normally replace people so this is new to me enjoy my tease. More to come.
In post 717, BuJaber wrote: Regarding Enigma:
In those 5 pages the number of pagetops, posts about pagetops, jokes about pagetops, and posts about setup make up an awfully large portion of his total posts.

It's interesting you only question that read. Has he been townspewing in the thread?

We can talk more once I'm caught up. Usually 24 hours is plenty but I don't think I'll get it done before the weekend. Those 5 pages I read in my work breaks while waiting for the mod to PM me.
Ehhh this feels quite awkward.
You townread several players who are doing much more setup spec than I am? Can you explain this?
Read the pagetops however you want - its fun to troll the mod, especially when she mocks you pregame about pagetops. You mention that many townies steal page tops, then go on to call it scummy? Seems a bit counterintuitive - also vex is doing this as well on these recent pages, and no comment on that.

You also mention HWS as scum. I checked his ISO he has 4 posts in the first 5 pages you reference, and I can barely figure out how he is scum based on those posts.

Last thing - why do you write using words of absolute certainty (e.g. are instead of may/could/might be). How are you so sure of your reads when as town you would be quite uncertain about alignments.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 464, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 436, Almost50 wrote:
In post 423, FrankJaeger wrote:What standards are those so we can get a little more specific
I dunno. You're NOT using any.

Also,
IF SOMEONE CLAIMS A PR TODAY
DO NOT CC

Spoiler: Here's why:
Generally speaking, doomed scum will fake a claim to out the most dangerous PR (if exists) according to the modifications (or lack thereof) they picked. If that PR isn't in the game then there will be no CC anyway. Now let me not go into too much details and go straight to the point:

- Claiming Vigilante when a Town Vig does exist = Just shoot the claimer. If they're BP we'll deal with it on D2, but there is always a chance the Vig will kill the scum w.o. the need to out themselves.

- Claiming Bodyguard: Chances are he BG will flip sometime during the game anyway, so we will know it was a fake claim. (Actually this one "may claim if they want to", since they're dying anyway, and most probably protecting the IC, so I'll leave it to your best judgement)

- Claiming Tracker: Obviously we want results from the Tracker, and the longer they live the more reliable their results will be, so no need to eat a bullet on N1 in exchange of lynching a scumster on D1. I hope you know what to do in this case though.

- Claiming Roleblocker: Also more valuable towards the game end. Best play is to block the fake claimer thus forcing scum to use someone else to do the kill AND making them lose their modification if they have one.

- Claiming Goon Cop: This role is intended to find us at least one scum if it could. If the fake claimer is a goon (and the only one) then you should claim, but how do we know that? Best play is to try and find others (if any) and if you get shot we will know whom to lynch anyway, but if you do get a guilty on someone else then that's when you claim and you give us TWO scums instead of just one.

If you disagree with any of this, feel free to do what you will, but
please
don't discuss alternative strategies. Discussing certain details may still give your role away w.o. even the need for scum to fake claim anything.

Thanks for your attention.
2/10

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Almost50

You can't yell don't talk spec after this lol.
Your vote stinks too
In post 706, FrankJaeger wrote:Idk even though skit is ignoring it, ive posted my reasons for my A50 vote. Haven't seen anything to change it so far
Your vote also stinks and you haven't done anything to change my opinion on it.
VOTE: Frank
HURT: Sky
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Vex Vience
it/its only
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

Vex Vience wrote:wall coming with my full case on sky later tonight

pedit: that was the goal monkey boye, try to make sure people dont realize its me until i said it was me.
so, one of the major reasons why i was hesitant on posting this case in the first place is because i was drawing from my own scum-meta, which meant i had to out myself first. you guys can see why i would be kinda hesitating on doing that, mainly since im playing under an alt.
so, whats my case on sky and why does it involve my meta?

a lot of it comes from skys posting, namely elsewhere on the forums. (im also getting close to the "dont talk about on-going games" rule with this post)
looking through skys posts, ive noticed a lot more posts in other games, but not in this one. that means a lot to me.
what does that mean?
it means sky is avoiding this game to some degree.

what motivation does town really have to try to avoid a game they're in? barely any, if town even does.
what motivation does scum really have to try to avoid a game they're in? a lot of motivation actually.

this is where my own self-meta comes into play here: as scum, i tend to stay quiet and try to lurk as much as possible only because it helps minimize the chances of me scumslipping and plus i'm always waiting for something i can turn around on the others to frame them. it also feels very natural for me to lurk as scum, versus town which just feels like "why am i even in this game rn" if i try to lurk out

i see the same logic here as to why sky would put forth more posts in other games but not so much in this game.
now, before anyone tries to say "what if sky is demotivated?", sky could always replace-out if that was the case. yet, i havent seen any requests to replace-out from sky yet.

because sky is lurking so much in this game, yet is active in other games, (making post 620 a bold-faced lie), it really makes me believe that sky is intentionally trying to lurk the entire game as sort of a "i dont know how to play this role" type thing in a hope to try to not get lynched.
i forgot who said the same thing, presuming that sky was the traitor, but whoever did, yea, that's the point i'm going at with this. i think sky is certainly scum and doesn't know how to play traitor.

sky has a total of twenty posts. none of them feel like they have anything to contribute. they all feel like (to me at least) they all are just rehashing the same things we already know. a lot of her posts feel hollow. they dont have anything to them, its just an empty shell. nothing more. now, could it be that sky is just pulling a nm here and just being a jester? yes, but that means sky should get hung or vig'd at some point sooner rather than later.

the "im watching avatar" post is the one that pings me the most, (followed by her reads, which (i forgot who said it but), feel really
really
safe imo.) she only said she was watching avatar in here, coupled with the fact shes said that she'll do things, but in actuality she never has, (135), makes her slot feel incredibly weird to me. ik based on her activity in other games, she can do better than what she currently is doing, but yet, seemingly is actively refusing to do better, making her slot feel very very weird to me.

i dont see sky really putting any effort into gamesolving. posts 288 and 289 also feel really really weird with that in mind. we already know that Creature is the ic, and if she had a group of people (or is pro-town), why
wouldn't
she list another name that wasn't creature, unless shes scum and didnt have them ready and was stalling for time?

with all of this being said, i think {frank, sky} are scum. we hang frank today, shoot sky tonight (if we have a vig), if not, we can hang her tomorrow

#CultsArentBastard
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Creature »

I'm still with you.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Creature »

Yeah, both Frank and Sky look bad.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Creature »

Now thinking Enigma is town

like, scum!him doesn't expect to be townread for wanting pagetops, right?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Creature »

Spicy read: BuJaber is town
Sigh
Creature