Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 896, ruru wrote:do you know why tw is scumreading you?
Uh meta I guess? He never directly read me like this before.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by the worst »

it's my first strong read in the game :o

am I right?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

I sorta don't wanna deflate you ego...
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 898, the worst wrote:just gonna set the record straight.

your read on me here feels really over keen as hell.

those posts are me being me and just because you caught me as scum once in a doomed slot that doesn't have any bearing on my alignment (and nor does it mean I'm a free lynch for you to pull out of your hat wheneverthefuck)

currently slightly more likely a bad taken from town!you than a bad setup from scum!you but either way it's bad and I'm not sure how to feel about that yet

having said that you do have experience misreading town!me so it's probably earnest
i mean you're also forgetting the fact that i was scumreading sky before you repped on; i spent like three hundred posts or so voting your slot earlier this game and i've been actively arguing that your slot is a good vig shot for several days now; it's not like my read on the slot is just about you

also i'm noting that you're kinda downplaying my tonal read accuracy on you when we both know i can read you tonally (ie in jungle republic - yes you were town but you were trying to act scummy - and american presidents; 'just because you caught me as scum once in a doomed slot that doesn't have any bearing on my alignment' feels like spin)

do you think i'm treating this like 'I'm a free lynch for you to pull out of your hat wheneverthefuck'?
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 903, skitter30 wrote:
also i'm noting that you're kinda downplaying my tonal read accuracy on you when we both know i can read you tonally
Yea im not seeing how someone wouldnt down play a "tonal" read. What does that even mean anyway? Looks like something to say without needing to support it
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 897, skitter30 wrote:
these ones feel off tonally; i don't think i can explain it better than literally just 'feel off tonally'
Now how could anyone "downplay" this lmao
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by ruru »

cj is legitimately scummy here having essentially no reaction to a scumread from someone he just finished playing scum with
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

Going to rehash some reads tonight
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 898, the worst wrote:just gonna set the record straight.

your read on me here feels really over keen as hell.

those posts are me being me and just because you caught me as scum once in a doomed slot that doesn't have any bearing on my alignment (and nor does it mean I'm a free lynch for you to pull out of your hat wheneverthefuck)

currently slightly more likely a bad taken from town!you than a bad setup from scum!you but either way it's bad and I'm not sure how to feel about that yet

having said that you do have experience misreading town!me so it's probably earnest
i mean you're also forgetting the fact that i was scumreading sky before you repped on; i spent like three hundred posts or so voting your slot earlier this game and i've been actively arguing that your slot is a good vig shot for several days now; it's not like my read on the slot is just about you

also i'm noting that you're kinda downplaying my tonal read accuracy on you when we both know i can read you tonally (ie in jungle republic - yes you were town but you were trying to act scummy - and american presidents; 'just because you caught me as scum once in a doomed slot that doesn't have any bearing on my alignment' feels like spin)

do you think i'm treating this like 'I'm a free lynch for you to pull out of your hat wheneverthefuck'?
not rn no I'm just concerned you're undervaluing me.

you're very tunnelled on my slot and it doesn't feel like you're giving me any room to do my thing. :(
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 905, FrankJaeger wrote:
these ones feel off tonally; i don't think i can explain it better than literally just 'feel off tonally'
#goodposting
I'm pocketed now gz Frankie
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 906, ruru wrote:cj is legitimately scummy here having essentially no reaction to a scumread from someone he just finished playing scum with
That's what's irking me I kinda wanna pressure harder but even more so I feel like he should be volunteering... like SOMETHING....
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Idk what I should say about that.

Was I expected to do something like "omg he's scumreading me he must be scum"

I don't have anything concrete to say except that his read is wrong.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Like forcing me to read somebody based on their read on me tires me
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by ruru »

it's more like I would think you would want to know why he's scumreading you if you think he's town or before giving out a townread
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

But he already said why?

Idk how exactly to remedy that other than to keep playing.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 904, FrankJaeger wrote:
also i'm noting that you're kinda downplaying my tonal read accuracy on you when we both know i can read you tonally
Yea im not seeing how someone wouldnt down play a "tonal" read. What does that even mean anyway? Looks like something to say without needing to support it
no, it means that i'm good at reading him tonally; i can cite him saying that if you need me too

what i meant by donwplaying is that he was using loaded words like 'doomed slot', which imply that i was only right there because his slot was in a bad place; i don't think that slot was 'doomed' though when he repped in; that's an exagerration and the way he used it kinda indicates that it's not particularly interesting or noteworthy that i caught him there given that the slot was scummy

Subject: American Presidents, the War Room Mafia PT
the worst wrote:so skitter is highly aware that she already knows how to read me tonally so I might need to make a lot of noise for a bit
from the scum pt of that game; i'm not just making stuff up

==
In post 908, the worst wrote:not rn no I'm just concerned you're undervaluing me.

you're very tunnelled on my slot and it doesn't feel like you're giving me any room to do my thing.
i mean i'm not actively death-tunneling you or pushing your lynch right now, and i did say that i think it could be because you haven't really gotten into a groove yet

i do think that you feel a bit off tho and i wanted to note taht

i also think that i can give you some space to catchup and that i don't know if you're my ideal lynch candidate atm because i would feel kinda bad if town!you got vigged before you really got into the game

and i think i know how to read you and that with a bit more time after you get into the game i can sort you confidentally
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 913, ruru wrote:it's more like I would think you would want to know why he's scumreading you if you think he's town or before giving out a townread
Is this alignment indicative
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 905, FrankJaeger wrote:
But when you say this you make it sound like it's your opinion. That's clearly his opinion.

So your read... is based on his reads... of your reads...

Not buying it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i don't even know what you're trying to say by that

my read isn't based on his reads of me; i didn't say or imply that anywhwere

i'm stating that him calling his slot in that game - american presidents mafia - a 'doomed slot' seems like loaded language to me because such language implies that i caught him because the slot itself was scummy becaue of his predecessor, not because of his own play; i don't think that's why i caught him given that i wasn't particularly scumreading his slot before he repped in, and i think it's an exagerration to describe his predecessor that way

i'm saying that in other places where he wasn't trying to mislead people as scum he said that he thinks i can read him tonally, so i think it's slightly disingenuous of him to accredit my read on his slot in that game on to his predecessor's play when i caught him on his play and that i should thus discount a toneread on him here
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 900, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 896, ruru wrote:do you know why tw is scumreading you?
Uh meta I guess? He never directly read me like this before.
CJ, I know you have played with tw before in ruru's open 722 as scum. Are there any other games where tw plays, where you have been scum? Interested to try to see where tw is coming from (as I only know town CJ).

ruru this was your game ... do you understand where tw is coming from?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 915, skitter30 wrote:i also think that i can give you some space to catchup and that i don't know if you're my ideal lynch candidate atm because i would feel kinda bad if town!you got vigged before you really got into the game

and i think i know how to read you and that with a bit more time after you get into the game i can sort you confidentally
I'll take this

who do you see as my scumbuddy/ies and who's my traitor? this setup is well suited to your analysis style imo, are you kinda sensing anything fishy?
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by ruru »

I thought ceejay wasn't that scummy in 722 except for a specific thing that he hasn't done here (but that I wouldn't expect to show up frequently anyway)

I default scumread lurking but ceejay does it every game

I didn't have much of a read on him this game but I think his non-reaction to tw's read is scummy

so I'm not sure where tw is coming from
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by ruru »

or "was" I should say
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 920, the worst wrote:
In post 915, skitter30 wrote:i also think that i can give you some space to catchup and that i don't know if you're my ideal lynch candidate atm because i would feel kinda bad if town!you got vigged before you really got into the game

I'll take this

who do you see as my scumbuddy/ies and who's my traitor? this setup is well suited to your analysis style imo, are you kinda sensing anything fishy?
i don't have strong associative-based reads right now

i think that traitor-hunting is silly given that i don't know if a traitor even exists (two stack-the-decks ago there wasn't a traitor, and i'm pretty sure that in the last one there wasn't either); i'm just looking for general scummy behavior

{creature}
{a50, vex}
{ruru, enigma}
{hws, bujaber} ---- > null
{gamma, cj}
{you}
{frank}
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by the worst »

my creds with cjv incoming

mini normal 2021 - scum!tw & VT!cjv. he was the d1 mislynch
newbie 1878 - I was scum and a late rep in, witnessed d1 cjv lynch as town tracker
open 733 we were s/s with Ircher and had a perfect win and it was very, very funny
open 725 I was town seer cjv was werewolf, I caught his buddy n1 he survived and won
open 720 I was detective killed n1 cjv was VT lynched d2 (we don't talk about open 720)
Newbie 1870 I was vt and endgamed, cjv town tracker killed n1
newbie 1866 cjv was VT lynched d1, I survived and won as VT
Newbie 1882 I read, cjv was town mislynched
Open 730 I spectated, cjv was town RB and survived and won
Newbie 1864 I spectated, cjv was VT and survived and won

Return to “Completed Open Games”