Newbie 1887 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EzekelRAGE
EzekelRAGE
Goon
EzekelRAGE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:30 am

Post by EzekelRAGE »

VOTE: doughboy
Meh, right move would be to lynch asuka, db hasn’t played a very friendly game and is toxic so my vote is on him.
Either way we have guaranteed scum between him and asuska.

I will say the cc is odd. I was more likely to be lynched than ff imo. So the cc doesn’t make much sense scumwise.
Lafayette
Lafayette
Goon
Lafayette
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:33 am

Post by Lafayette »

Come in man, if the right move is lunch Ausuka and she turns out to be scum then you are aiding their strategy right no

I repeat NO HAMMERS
EzekelRAGE
EzekelRAGE
Goon
EzekelRAGE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:37 am

Post by EzekelRAGE »

In post 749, Lafayette wrote:
In post 736, EzekelRAGE wrote:You made that comment about me being towny based on a theory on more than one occasion.
And?
Why are you so worried about my vote?
I don't trust people who aren't willing to let their vote speak.
How about you make a case for your vote on me or is it just there because you felt it was an ez lynch?
Says the L-1 tictac vote and L-2 DB vote.

My case is that your actions have benefited scum, you're conspicuously on mislynch wagons in sheepish spots, and you seem more interested in guiding action based on flips than on hanging scum.
Db was a hammer on tictac. So you a holding a -1 vote on me and giving him a pass for the hammer. Which doesn’t make any sense. As far as the vote on db I was the first legit vote on him and explained my vote. Ff voted him because they were arguing all game. What is wrong with using a flip to try to gauge who to scum hunt on?
Lafayette
Lafayette
Goon
Lafayette
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:44 am

Post by Lafayette »

Difference is your actions are consistently benefiting scum. But you're not getting lynched today so let's figure out who is
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:53 am

Post by Doughboy »

@ff. I’m sorry if me wanting more content from you day 1 somehow came off as an attack on you. That was never my intention, I just saw back to back prod dodges and really wanted more from you. I’m sorry if today it seemed like I was “poking” at you or whatever nonny said. I genuinely wanted to move past the argument we had and focus on the game. When you showed no interest I just felt that was scum motivated pushing for an easy lynch. I was really interested in your post when you agreed to comply with laf’s request but the fact you didn’t follow through only reaffirmed my read.

@rage - I’m sorry if I was harsh towards you also. I was just trying to show you that your reasons for scum reading me were very surface level stuff. They are things that point to bad play and not necessarily alignment related. The fact that FF and myself were guilty of similar things but you only scum read me felt hypocritical. If you are town hopefully you learn to look more at motives behind things. Scum isn’t usually going to be open and honest like I was.

Back to FF. If you are town can you please stop scum-reading everyone who scum reads you? It is bad for the game in general. Now when people go back to look at your iso it’s going to be hard today find genuine reads from you because they are all tainted by your defensive nature.

@everyone. If there is one scum between FF and Rage I’m actually leaning towards rage. His activity was lower and his votes weren’t that great. His reasons for them weren’t either. Plus laf makes really good points for scum rage and laf to me is near confirmed town and I trust his reads.

I’ll be back later. If I get lynched today I completely understand why it was me, but when you compare the play it should be obvious who the real tracker is.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:58 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 775, EzekelRAGE wrote:VOTE: doughboy
Meh, right move would be to lynch asuka, db hasn’t played a very friendly game and is toxic so my vote is on him.
Either way we have guaranteed scum between him and asuska.

I will say the cc is odd. I was more likely to be lynched than ff imo. So the cc doesn’t make much sense scumwise.
I explained why the CC makes sense from a scum POV. I’ll break it down more.

It’s currently 5:2 (5 town, 2 scum)

If you mislynch today and scum kills tracker tomorrow is 3:2.

Town lynches scum and scum kill and it’s 2:1. You have to get the lynch right or lose.

We lynch scum today and they kill the tracker. Tomorrow is 4:1

Mislynch and they kill town and it’s 2:1.

Town gets an extra mislynch if they lynch correctly today.

I get you hate my play. You think I played like shit. It’s time that set that aside and do what’s best for town. What’s best for town is to hit scum today.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:58 am

Post by Doughboy »

Somebody check my math but that should be right.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:00 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 777, EzekelRAGE wrote:As far as the vote on db I was the first legit vote on him
FF was the first legit vote on me actually.
Show

EzekelRAGE
EzekelRAGE
Goon
EzekelRAGE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:29 am

Post by EzekelRAGE »

In post 782, Doughboy wrote:
In post 777, EzekelRAGE wrote:As far as the vote on db I was the first legit vote on him
I explained that I thought ff vote was out of spite, not truly scum reading you.
UNVOTE: doughboy
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:30 am

Post by Alonzo »

My reads list is in tatters at this point.

I just want this tracker situation sorted.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:40 am

Post by Alonzo »

DB is pushing a hard angle, has outed a Cc and made some pretty broad statements as to who the lynches should be.
Ausuka has lurked her way into a corner and allowed herself to get outplayed.
Would vote Aus, but wouldn't feel confident I wasn't a pawn in a FF piece of theater RN.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:51 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 783, EzekelRAGE wrote:
In post 782, Doughboy wrote:
I explained that I thought ff vote was out of spite, not truly scum reading you.
UNVOTE: doughboy
So he’s death tunneled me out of spite and you felt that was town motivated? I pointend out numerous times that he wasn’t scum hunting. These are the things you need to look for. Death tunneling is very easy to do as scum.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:52 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 784, Alonzo wrote:My reads list is in tatters at this point.

I just want this tracker situation sorted.
One way or another it’s going to be sorted today.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:54 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 785, Alonzo wrote:DB is pushing a hard angle, has outed a Cc and made some pretty broad statements as to who the lynches should be.
What hard angle?
I didn’t out a CC. I’m legit.
I’m dying today or tonight, giving my thoughts of who should be lynched is pretty standard.

Since you’re here can you please explain where your l-1 vote on me cane from. It was basically out of the blue and contained no reasoning.

Thank you
Show

Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:05 am

Post by Alonzo »

3%fone battery left, tldr you seemed like you were being incendiary and I was aiming to prevent pages of shade war.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:12 am

Post by Alonzo »

Back at Pc in around 6hours
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:21 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 789, Alonzo wrote:3%fone battery left, tldr you seemed like you were being incendiary and I was aiming to prevent pages of shade war.
Then you clearly didn’t read day 2. I was the one trying to prevent the arguing between myself and FF, he was the one ensuring it continued.

I eventually moved on and iso’d everyone and gave my reads on them. I kept him as my scum read though and explained why.
Show

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:27 am

Post by nonny »

UNVOTE:
*insert bad joke here*
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:35 am

Post by nonny »

DB!scum: was about to be lynched any way, begging for life, claimed a PR (because doctor setup always has another PR) to out the PR. Get the cc that they want, continues to push mislynch since they already had the info they needed for NK. They would then be lynched D3 for still being alive and the WIFOM. Scum still potentially win in lylo. Explains why he started pushing a lynch as soon at 75% of players claimed.

Ausuka!scum: sees the PR claim, sees wagon shifting, counterclaims and semi clears FF (either partner or buddying). Pushes for mislynch on PR, then gets lynched D3. Scum potentially win in lylo. Most likely partners Ezekel or FF.

I can’t figure out partner for DB in DB!scum scenario. I don’t think Ausuka has played as a PR but that’s opinion. From what I’ve seen I see DB!scum as more likely. But want all players to weigh in before we lynch.

Can post more later, headed into work.
*insert bad joke here*
Lafayette
Lafayette
Goon
Lafayette
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Lafayette »

I have a strong opinion about what should happen here. Please don't end day without giving me a chance to share my thoughts. Thank you.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 793, nonny wrote:begging for life,
Remember how I knew tictac wasn’t a PR? Remember how I said he wasn’t acting like a Pr?

Yeah that’s what I was referring to. All I wanted was somebody to unvote to give me some breathing room and time for others to respond to things. I wasn’t even begging for my life, I just wanted more time.

Alonzo needed to explain his vote
FF was going to analyze the game.
I claimed tracker at l-1 because I’m actually a tracker.

Why does everyone put such a negative spin on my actions? Like I played bad but I didn’t play THAT bad.

Jfc you all are brutal af
Show

EzekelRAGE
EzekelRAGE
Goon
EzekelRAGE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:59 am

Post by EzekelRAGE »

If db is scum, laf would be the first person I look at. For various reasons. Especially scum reading me for tic vote, but not db.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:29 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 796, EzekelRAGE wrote:If db is scum, laf would be the first person I look at. For various reasons. Especially scum reading me for tic vote, but not db.
Why is that weird? I scum read the slot. You lurked and put him at l-1 without really expressing a prior scum read on him.

Once you get past the whole quick hammer (which in my own personal opinion happens way more often from town on day 1 since scum try to avoid that kind of drama) the most common vote placement from scum tends to be the l-2/l-1 range. That way they can set the hammer up as the fall guy.
Show

Lafayette
Lafayette
Goon
Lafayette
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:18 am

Post by Lafayette »

I'm on the Ausuka wagon.

This is cornered scum. There was a decent chance of her being lynched today anyway (and possibly her partner - worth a look tomorrow) so they took a gamble that would have a huge payoff if it works. If it works, they can cherry-pick a 2:1 LyLo because they don't have to use their NK on DB since he'll already be mislynched, so they get a free shot at whoever they want tonight, then town will auto-lynch Ausuka, and then they get another free shot. A cherry-picked 3-for-1 trade is a big prize.

I don't see the same clear payoff of DB risking a CC, and his claim is just way more convincing. Plus nothing in his behavior after the claim suggests to me that he was expecting a CC.

Then there's the circumstances. What are the odds that the CC just happens to be the last player to check in?

I'm also giving FF MAJOR side-eye after his posts from up to Ausuka's CC. Throw in , too. Plus his bumping her wagon to L-1 based purely on low post count ().

I'm ready to vote/hammer as soon as everyone's said their piece.
Lafayette
Lafayette
Goon
Lafayette
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:19 am

Post by Lafayette »

In post 796, EzekelRAGE wrote:If db is scum, laf would be the first person I look at. For various reasons. Especially scum reading me for tic vote, but not db.
In post 778, Lafayette wrote:Difference is your actions are consistently benefiting scum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”