Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 613, FA_Q2 wrote:He wants to lynch me but with little in the way of why (that read goes back to me not jumping on a wagon on page 1 - something that is pretty standard for me and is clearly lazy) and ignores the mime and entertains the idea that lynching on the wagon would be a good idea - a wagon he is on.
see this is yet another scumpost from FA_Q2

- you haven't asked/engaged/thought about why I'm scumreading you at all, you just assume it's only what I've posted in thread. for the record I am scumreading you not at all for "not jumping on a wagon", but for early empty shade/fake scumhunting at both Thor and DT early game, a total lack of engagement with any of the more relevant threads of conversation, the laziest of all lazy sheeps onto the lane wagon at EOD, and your generally hostile/stiff tone. you also haven't expressed any townreads at all this game
- I was not on the lane wagon, so the second point makes no sense whatsoever
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 613, FA_Q2 wrote:I think thor's actions yesterday make him a prime candidate for the other mime. GL is still pinging me hard as well. He wants to lynch me but with little in the way of why (that read goes back to me not jumping on a wagon on page 1 - something that is pretty standard for me and is clearly lazy) and ignores the mime and entertains the idea that lynching on the wagon would be a good idea - a wagon he is on.
wait unless all of this is about Thor and the thought about me is just sandwiched in there awkwardly?

that actually makes a lot more sense
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

{Nero, Jingle}
{Rocky, Eragon}
{iv}
{Aris, Thor, Fink, FA_Q2}

i'm thinking mime and both mafia are in that bottom tier but not particularly confident on a mime vs mafia read for any of them yet
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 618, RockyHorror wrote:
In post 615, Thor665 wrote:
In post 613, FA_Q2 wrote:I think thor's actions yesterday make him a prime candidate for the other mime.
Is there any reason for that outside of me scumreading a slot that was intentionally trying to be scumread and pointing it out?
If it's just 'Thor is on the wagon' yeah, I get the point, though singling me out seems awkward - but is there more to this case you're trying to sell here?
Because I don't think there is, and would challenge you to prove me wrong.
From the moment I replaced in you were shading me for keeping my vote on sesq when you wanted it on lane instead. The simple explanation of "I find sesq scummier even if you don't" wasn't good enough.
Your explanation was far weaker than that at the time since I asked 'why' and you responded with nothing - and I was shading you for the weak explanation and unwillingness to move, not specifically for where the vote was.
How is any of that not me scumhunting exactly?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:24 am

Post by Thor665 »

Frankly, as I recall, I was willing to get you onto DT too - is he my other Mime partner?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:26 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 623, Jingle wrote:In order:
Hypo claim means we all claim who we would have seen targeting whom last night.

:neutral:

:neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

Goddammit man, why do I always want to lynch you?
I don't know, but it's not just you XD
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:27 am

Post by Eragon »

In post 627, GuiltyLion wrote:{Nero, Jingle}
{Rocky, Eragon}
{iv}
{Aris, Thor, Fink, FA_Q2}

i'm thinking mime and both mafia are in that bottom tier but not particularly confident on a mime vs mafia read for any of them yet
these reads are solid.
RockyHorror
RockyHorror
Townie
RockyHorror
Townie
Townie
Location: The Planet Transsexual, in the Galaxy of Transylvania

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:23 am

Post by RockyHorror »

In post 629, Thor665 wrote:Frankly, as I recall, I was willing to get you onto DT too - is he my other Mime partner?
Except you really weren't pushing DT.
In post 177, Thor665 wrote:Also, would you vote either Lane or DT over Sesq? I would happily argue that the extent of the case on Sesq could be applied to either of them by simply changing the names, and then I've presented other aspects against both of them in addition to the Sesq case - so wouldn't that make my push on both of them superior to the Sesq one?
This is the only time you attempted to get me to switch to DT (and even then you offered lane as another alternative), but after this you never actively pushed a lynch for the slot. You said later on he would be an "okay" lynch, but you spent most of the rest of the day tunneling on lane.
In post 181, Thor665 wrote:How do you compare that from Sesq with, for example the nearly identical behavior of Lane who voted me for reasons he can't describe, attacked me for reasons he couldn't support, went back to the non-describable reasons, then hard moved to Sesq in support of your basically unexplained case there?
In post 204, Thor665 wrote:
In post 183, RockyHorror wrote:I don't know where you're getting that from. I specifically said that I was okay with a lane vote because of his lack of activity, and even mentioned that I saw him potentially buddying me with his sesq vote. I just think my vote is better positioned as is at the moment.
I was being fairly clear I thought - I quoted you describing your primary Sesq suspicion and made a direct compare/contrast of it to Lane's play and asked why one was a primary suspect and the other was kind of a "meh" read by your own words.
It's great that you suspect him, I think you *should* suspect him. What I want to know is why I can't get your vote on him when the case is basically identical to your other case - and the extent of your answer is "my current vote is better positioned" which is nonsense because the best you've argued for that is "pressure to get content" and, frankly, Lane could do with that just as much as Sesq could, so again - what's the point in not moving if asked?
In post 344, Thor665 wrote:@Lane - I'm amazed that there is difficulty getting a wagon on you.
In post 358, Thor665 wrote:
In post 357, lane0168 wrote:I most certainly am noticing that. But what's not amazing to me, is people not jumping from a leading wagon to a non wagon for essentially the same case.
Yeah, but that they chose Sesq over you is a thing.
Probably done engaging with Thor for a while.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

If that case represents your best argument I'm fine with dropping it also.
It's pretty laughable.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:59 am

Post by innocentvillager »

sorry im pretty behind but basically i have no reads since sesq and a50 died and they were the ones i had reads on
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by Fink »

In post 624, GuiltyLion wrote:uh, if I were scum you'd realize I'd have no need at all to post the fact that I thought I might die?
By that logic scum have no need to post anything.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by Fink »

In post 634, innocentvillager wrote:sorry im pretty behind but basically i have no reads since sesq and a50 died and they were the ones i had reads on
Other people have reads, what do you think of them?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

Dead thread is dead.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:49 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 637, Thor665 wrote:Dead thread is dead.
How do you know?
You're not dead yet!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

How do you know I'm not dead?
Sounds like you have a kill power - mafia found.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:51 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Shiiiiiit ya got me! XD
- Jingle
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'll expect my Scummie noms to start rolling in.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:19 am

Post by Aristophanes »

You've got my vote!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:20 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm not really caught up, but Thor, do you think that case by Rocky makes him scummy or makes him just laughable?
- Jingle
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Fink »

So does anyone have any thoughts at all on what I'm saying about GL?

I'm saying that his feeling that he might die seems like an easy thing to say as an excuse for not having more to say and a feeling he might generally have but didn't make sense if he was actually paying attention to how yesterday went. Does anyone think GL was the likely kill?

GL responds that he has no reason to say that as scum, which is just the most weak-ass response ever. And scum would never say they thought they'd be the NK? Really? Does anyone think that's a good response?

Eragon seemed to agree that this was weird but is more interested in saying how good GL's reads are.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Fink »

The whole point of having a "fake" day is so that we get people interacting with each other and talking about what cases are good and bad, for the benefit of the vig and for the benefit of later days. If we're not going to do that we may as well just end the day and not burn everyone out, but I really think we should get 2 wagons going so if the vig isn't one of the arrogant hyper-confident-in-their-reads players, they could choose between them. We don't need to fake lynch someone, but getting to that stage where we have the two wagons and no one wants to budge seems very useful. Sitting around seeing who can get prodded first less so.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Jingle »

Eh. It’s a weak scumread reason, more indicative of not paying any attention to the thread than anything else imo. The response is dumb (why avoid claiming NAI tells as scum) but I don’t think it’s so much scummy as lazy here. And lazy has pretty much been established.
This is a Parachute.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Fink »

It’s not like we have to differentiate Mime from Mafia here by the way, not-town is good enough because we’re not actually lynching.

“Vote” Count
FA_Q2 (2?):
Nero, GL?
GuiltyLion (1):
Fink

Not even “vote”ing (7):
Jingle, Thor, Eragon, FA_Q2, Rocky, IV, Aristo
9 Alive

Thor for scummie (2):
Thor, Aristo
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Fink »

In post 646, Jingle wrote:Eh. It’s a weak scumread reason, more indicative of not paying any attention to the thread than anything else imo. The response is dumb (why avoid claiming NAI tells as scum) but I don’t think it’s so much scummy as lazy here. And lazy has pretty much been established.
It's almost like we're back to that point right after RVS, weak reads are the strongest reads anyone has on anyone. But if it isn't an open-and-shut case no one wants to talk about it.
Fink
Fink
Goon
Fink
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Fink »

Actually, Jingle, I feel like you're dismissing that response a bit too easily. It's not not claiming an NAI tell, it's responding with "why would I say that as scum?" to something that any player not paying attention might very well say.

I think that's a bit stronger than you're making out.

Return to “Completed Open Games”