Newbie 1888 | Stuff I Found Online IV | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by the worst »

I feel bad for delaying things, but most of the game has been MR talking to people and there has been a kind of absence of original thought so to speak. I'm kinda calibrating myself a little (plus, the replacements and twinnie's busyness have left me a little wanting).
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 269, the worst wrote:
In post 226, Formerfish wrote:This just feels like a scum circle jerk.
Can you tell me what you mean? I think it comes from scum!volxen before scum!Rogers before s/s tbh
This feels like a cheeky comment scum make to each other in thread, thats all though a feeling.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.04
Some kids do that—they imprint on empty objects, they give them stories and opinions and a will, until they feel half-inhabited even to grownups, who have to pretend that they care how Chrissy’s blanket feels about things for so long that one day when Chrissy’s at school they step on the blanket and apologize.

Abandonware is a short story.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

xx2008
(2): Mister Rogers, volxen
the worst
(2): Draynth, Hugo Stiglitz
Mister Rogers
(2): Inferno390, xx2008

Not Voting
(3): the worst, boguspotatohead, Formerfish

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-09-17 18:00:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun

boguspotatohead has not confirmed and is being replaced. If they confirm before a replacement can be found, they can stay.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by volxen »

So I have an initial gut townlean on Hugo, but it’s mostly based on a meta read of him from the Newbie 1885 game that we played together – this game just ended, so we can talk about it now. Here is a link to the game thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77049. Hugo and I were both town in that game. The Worst was also in that game as well (as scum).

Basically, so far Hugo’s posts and tone in this game are very similar to his posts and tone in Newbie 1885. Given that he is pretty new to the site (and perhaps Mafia in general), I think Scum!Hugo would have a hard time making his scumplay look so close to his townplay, since that is not exactly easy to do and takes experience. So it’s a light townlean, but for the time being Hugo comes across as towny to me.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

How did both you and fish come to the same conclusion and thought process conbcerning IV and did so independently?
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 276, Formerfish wrote:
In post 269, the worst wrote:
In post 226, Formerfish wrote:This just feels like a scum circle jerk.
Can you tell me what you mean? I think it comes from scum!volxen before scum!Rogers before s/s tbh
This feels like a cheeky comment scum make to each other in thread, thats all though a feeling.
It smelled more pockety to me - MRo is under fire for largely playstyle related issues imo which definitely makes him an optimal pocketing target.

also just a feeling
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 267, volxen wrote:I'm still not completely convinced that xx is scum, but I do find his actions to be extremely suspicious.
I find this sentence to be troubling, especially considering you are in the same voting position you are accusing XX of being scummy for.

This is actually a whole lot worse to me because you wrote out a whole case that you now say you dont even really believe in.

VOTE: Volxen

Real talk here. I think you came in here parroting MR to pocket the shit out of him and bolster his read on XX.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:05 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 279, Mister Rogers wrote:How did both you and fish come to the same conclusion and thought process conbcerning IV and did so independently?
do you find this alarming or genuinely intriguing?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:05 pm

Post by the worst »

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 279, Mister Rogers wrote:How did both
you
and fish come to the same conclusion and thought process conbcerning IV and did so independently?
Is the you here the worst? Is this a backhanded way of asking us if we talked about this in our scumthread and we both decided to talk about it here for some reason?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 278, volxen wrote:So I have an initial gut townlean on Hugo, but it’s mostly based on a meta read of him from the Newbie 1885 game that we played together – this game just ended, so we can talk about it now. Here is a link to the game thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77049. Hugo and I were both town in that game. The Worst was also in that game as well (as scum).

Basically, so far Hugo’s posts and tone in this game are very similar to his posts and tone in Newbie 1885. Given that he is pretty new to the site (and perhaps Mafia in general), I think Scum!Hugo would have a hard time making his scumplay look so close to his townplay, since that is not exactly easy to do and takes experience. So it’s a light townlean, but for the time being Hugo comes across as towny to me.
Meta reads based off one newbie game are trash. If you havent seen scumhugo how can you assume what he would do or how he would play?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Its a srs question for the both of you and how about Worst does his game state before I consider whether my vote needs to stay?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Vote: the worst
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Post by the worst »

sorry, I feel like you asked me for something in 286 but you might have over-edited the post or something like that?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Your friend Volxen is pursuing you about your lack of scum reads and really lack of meaningful participation so far. Next thing I know, you are both attacking him. How about you produce that game state post?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:19 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 289, Mister Rogers wrote:Your friend Volxen is pursuing you about your lack of scum reads and really lack of meaningful participation so far. Next thing I know, you are both attacking him. How about you produce that game state post?
I am getting confused by your posts right now because of the lack of assigned pronouns in them.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Post by the worst »

That post will happen after volxen flips haha but right now it actually feels like a really comfortable gamestate. do you feel uncomfortable about it?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:20 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

you = worst
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

What happens if you (WORST) flip first?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by the worst »

well then it'd be quite rude of me to make a gamestate analysis post wouldn't it?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:23 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm sorry dude I'm not trying to be a cheeky bugger here but you're not communicating what's concerning you and our minds are obviously in very different places. mind walking me through what you're thinking?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:25 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 281, Formerfish wrote:
In post 267, volxen wrote:I'm still not completely convinced that xx is scum, but I do find his actions to be extremely suspicious.
I find this sentence to be troubling, especially considering you are in the same voting position you are accusing XX of being scummy for.

This is actually a whole lot worse to me because you wrote out a whole case that you now say you dont even really believe in.

Real talk here. I think you came in here parroting MR to pocket the shit out of him and bolster his read on XX.
I think you are misunderstanding my intention with . Yes, obviously, I am suspicious of xx, and I outlined why in that post. But I never said that he is confirmed scum or that I was 100% certain of my read. In fact, I earlier clarified that at the time of , he was the
most suspicious
player to me, and that was my reason for voting him. Not because I know beyond all doubt that he is scum.

You also keep lumping me in with MR. While there was some overlap between the things I said and the things MR said about xx, I would argue that my case against xx was much more comprehensive, and I definitely included things in that MR never even brought up against xx. An example being my criticism of xx's claim that the other member of scumteam is likely among the replacements. In fact, MR seemed to actually agree with xx on that in his post . So please stop trying to diminish what I wrote in by suggesting that I am just parroting MR.

So yes, I do suspect xx, and I voted for him because of that and because I wanted to put some pressure on him. Most importantly, I want him to respond to what I said in so I can get a more definitive read on him, as he has been fairly quiet lately.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:26 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

I'm thinking that you have quite the lackluster performance and when one of your friends calls you out on it, you decide to (YAWN) delay it but you sure have the gumption to team up and attack your attacker?

You ever hear of good cop, bad cop? Or in this case it was bad cop, good cop. This was the fake entry that Fish just made and simply buddied me for no reason. Now am I obvtown? Of course but I think he is manipulative scum, or at least thats a theory that I am currently positing.

So I see you both jump together and I am not liking what I am seeing. I think the town needs to have a conference about the whole thing. Dray had better be there too!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by the worst »

:lol: I think I see where you're coming from. from my point of view, my phoneposting and lack of time to talk everyone through the nuances of my townlist is nearly unrelated to where I place my vote.

fmpov volxy's play hasn't been up to scratch. I have the benefit of having very recently seen his town game and he's quite impressive. my only recollection of him off the top of my head is just kinda coasting and skating around subjects, then following me up on explaining my townreads (which I might be wrong but I kinda think I'd already explained I would elaborate on later).

if I'm right on all of my townreads or almost right, there's huge scum equity in preemptively derailing it. I'm also an easy push while I'm busy irl and on "IOU" for explanations.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by the worst »

I also wasn't voting due to Too Many Townreads which is very very irksome x(

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”