volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 298, the worst wrote::lol: I think I see where you're coming from. from my point of view, my phoneposting and lack of time to talk everyone through the nuances of my townlist is nearly unrelated to where I place my vote.

fmpov volxy's play hasn't been up to scratch. I have the benefit of having very recently seen his town game and he's quite impressive. my only recollection of him off the top of my head is just kinda coasting and skating around subjects, then following me up on explaining my townreads (which I might be wrong but I kinda think I'd already explained I would elaborate on later).

if I'm right on all of my townreads or almost right, there's huge scum equity in preemptively derailing it. I'm also an easy push while I'm busy irl and on "IOU" for explanations.
Well if you think my townplay in Newbie 1885 was "quite impressive", then I'm not sure why I'm a scumread for you in this game. I was very aggressive in pushing my scumreads in Newbie 1885 (although I was ultimately wrong in my scumreads in that game), and I was equally aggressive in the case that I made against xx in this game.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.05
Invent your own computer games with python is a book that teaches you how to make games.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

the worst
(3): Draynth, Hugo Stiglitz, Mister Rogers
volxen
(2): Formerfish, the worst
Mister Rogers
(2): Inferno390, xx2008
xx2008
(1): volxen

Not Voting
(1): boguspotatohead

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-09-17 18:00:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun

boguspotatohead has not confirmed and is being replaced. If they confirm before a replacement can be found, they can stay.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:40 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 301, volxen wrote:Well if you think my townplay in Newbie 1885 was "quite impressive", then I'm not sure why I'm a scumread for you in this game. I was very aggressive in pushing my scumreads in Newbie 1885 (although I was ultimately wrong in my scumreads in that game), and I was equally aggressive in the case that I made against xx in this game.
so in your opinion I should be townreading you? show me what to look for in your posting here?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Ok well I think if everyone can just stay calm, maybe we can work this whole thing out. This town cannot allow you (WORST) to just skate by. I was very seriously watching your catchup and was quite disappointed to not see some actual material.
if I'm right on all of my townreads or almost right, there's huge scum equity in preemptively derailing it.
What does "it" mean; derailing what?
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by the worst »

as in, derailing the potential for a townblock. if I'm correct and can get townies smooshed together town is in a crazy powerful spot.

this sounds more self serving than intended. :lol: hopefully you appreciate what I mean.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:46 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Heck its the exact same thing I was doing, except I was trying to figure out if you are town or scum in the picture. So what do you two do but attack my strongest townie??
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Inother words p[reemptively derailing MY townblock!
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 303, the worst wrote:
In post 301, volxen wrote:Well if you think my townplay in Newbie 1885 was "quite impressive", then I'm not sure why I'm a scumread for you in this game. I was very aggressive in pushing my scumreads in Newbie 1885 (although I was ultimately wrong in my scumreads in that game), and I was equally aggressive in the case that I made against xx in this game.
so in your opinion I should be townreading you? show me what to look for in your posting here?
Well, it was you who brought up my performance in Newbie 1885. You seem to be suggesting that you are scumreading me based on my gameplay in this game somehow being different from my townplay in Newbie 1885. Can you at least clarify what you mean by that? If your scumread of me is based on a perceived difference in my gameplay in this game compared to Newbie 1885, then explain exactly what you mean. Because right now I literally have no idea why I am a scumread for you.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by the worst »

I think your entrance was more ballsy than I'd look for from scum.

one major reason I townread xx2008 is how candid they feel. people chime in and tell me if this sounds totally stupid, but they've been pretty upfront and both speedy in responses and comfortable justifying themselves. they started out on the back foot with the messy first few posts but like... that's not the kinda thing I tend to look for as alignment indicative behaviour. it's just entertaining to hone in on to force people to generate content.

so like your push on xx2008 was the first cut into spilling content into the game thread. volxen's push was very late, and was basically chomping down on 'lynchbait' (players who are more lynchable due to like playstyle/personality quirks).
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 285, Formerfish wrote:
In post 278, volxen wrote:So I have an initial gut townlean on Hugo, but it’s mostly based on a meta read of him from the Newbie 1885 game that we played together – this game just ended, so we can talk about it now. Here is a link to the game thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77049. Hugo and I were both town in that game. The Worst was also in that game as well (as scum).

Basically, so far Hugo’s posts and tone in this game are very similar to his posts and tone in Newbie 1885. Given that he is pretty new to the site (and perhaps Mafia in general), I think Scum!Hugo would have a hard time making his scumplay look so close to his townplay, since that is not exactly easy to do and takes experience. So it’s a light townlean, but for the time being Hugo comes across as towny to me.
Meta reads based off one newbie game are trash. If you havent seen scumhugo how can you assume what he would do or how he would play?
I know you can't form a strong meta read off of one game. That's why I said it was a light townlean, not a strong townread. I will need to see more from Hugo to get a more definitive read on him.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:53 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Well do you want my latest read on xx because I have now very serious info...
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:54 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 306, Mister Rogers wrote:Heck its the exact same thing I was doing, except I was trying to figure out if you are town or scum in the picture. So what do you two do but attack my strongest townie??
But why is he your strongest tr? Because of his case on X X? The case he has now pushed, said he was unsure of, and then talked about it as something he's aggressively pushing on someone he isn't sure is scum.

Ninja- it should be nai unless he does some crazy shit.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:54 pm

Post by the worst »

on the subject: @volxen, have a read of your own posts on Hugo. can you see how they might give the reader the impression that you already know he's town?

pedit: yes~!
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

I simply watched his activities from when he entered into the game and through today. His pointing out your lack of scum reads was an enlightening post from someone I don't think is scum and I see him get attacked for it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by the worst »

see it struck me as a very easy attack to make--and quite a valuable one if I'm on the money, or thereabouts.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 313, the worst wrote:on the subject: @volxen, have a read of your own posts on Hugo. can you see how they might give the reader the impression that you already know he's town?

pedit: yes~!
So it's OK for you to scumread me based on metareading me from Newbie 1885, but it's unreasonable for me to have a light townlean on Hugo based on metareading him from the exact same game?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:00 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

It reminded me of how important your role is in this game. The fact that we have both Dray and Volk here to help read you is quite comforting however.

PEDIT: "on the money" meaning??
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by the worst »

that's pretty reachy. the fact you don't feel towny and you have a good towngame complements my read on you; it doesn't form my read on you.

pedit: on the money = correct
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:02 pm

Post by the worst »

oh volxen is a very new friend, but he has indeed seen my scumgame pretty recently. I think there's quite a lot of differences but some people really struggle with reading me.

Dray keeps rolling scum against me.... :( a habit I hope he corrects soon! so uncool :lol:
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 312, Formerfish wrote:
In post 306, Mister Rogers wrote:Heck its the exact same thing I was doing, except I was trying to figure out if you are town or scum in the picture. So what do you two do but attack my strongest townie??
But why is he your strongest tr? Because of his case on X X? The case he has now pushed, said he was unsure of, and then talked about it as something he's aggressively pushing on someone he isn't sure is scum.

Ninja- it should be nai unless he does some crazy shit.
This circular argument you keep making is pointless. You keep criticizing me for pushing someone that I am not 100% certain is scum, as if any town player is ever 100% certain of their scumreads. Yes I have aggressively pushed xx in hopes of getting more information out of him, and yes, I am also not 100% certain of my scumread of him. Happy? So unless you are going to make the argument that it's scummy to not be 100% certain of your scumreads, then please stop bringing this up.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:13 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 319, the worst wrote:oh volxen is a very new friend, but he has indeed seen my scumgame pretty recently. I think there's quite a lot of differences but some people really struggle with reading me.

Dray keeps rolling scum against me.... :( a habit I hope he corrects soon! so uncool :lol:
if he keeps lurking maybe he's done it again...
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Post by Mister Rogers »

Ok well I had better spill the beans. I am not sure which end it is coming out of, so brace yourselves...

Look, my major attack against XX was that he lied about RVS-ing me and actually BW-ed me instead. The problem is, once took time this evening to look over his ISO, I simply found a innocent sounding person. You see I thought they were playing the newbie card as a defensive ploy but I now think that is truly impossible; their ISO is 100% consistent with "innocent".

Now could they have rolled scum and remained looking innocent? Unfortunately yes but we will have to deal with that later. Let me finally say that since I have revealed this alas I don't think they will ever be NK'ed.

Anyway, I have to admit that the post from Volx looked like it was put together with copy/pasting from my posts. Was I the only one that noticed that?

But I still read a townie inside that post making his own content and his activity today has been like excellent.

So that's it. I hope you all survived the noxious cloud.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Post by the worst »

322 is definitely a rehash of my recent posting but I DIG IT
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:24 pm

Post by the worst »

any reason why you're still defending volxy?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”