the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:22 am

Post by the worst »

actually Buj do you reckon you could tier your reads for me? (even loosely is fine)
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:31 am

Post by BuJaber »

I guess something along these lines:

{Creature, me}
{Vex}
{A50, skitter}
{Ruru, TW}
-----null line----
{Gamma, cjv}
{Enigma}
{HWS, Frank}
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:35 am

Post by the worst »

alright I can dig it.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:06 am

Post by ofrhz »

VOTE COUNT 1.20
Almost50 (2):
BuJaber, FrankJaeger
HeWhoSwims (0):

the worst (2):
Gamma Emerald, Creature
ruru (0):

BuJaber (0):

ceejayvinoya (1):
the worst
Enigma (0):

FrankJaeger (5):
Enigma, skitter30, ruru, Almost50, Vex Vience
(L-2)

Creature (0):

Gamma Emerald (1):
HeWhoSwims
skitter30 (0):

Vex Vience (0):

Not Voting (1):
ceejayvinoya

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2018-09-10 09:40:00)

Other
:
- skitter30 V/LA Fridays and Saturdays
- skitter30 also V/LA Sunday night - Tuesday night (9/11)
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:13 am

Post by ruru »

In post 1093, ofrhz wrote:Day 1 ends in (expired on 2018-09-10 09:40:00)
whatever I'll just post this now.

So it might be time for ceejay to claim but I think he should probably only claim if he's bg

obviously vig shouldn't claim

I estimate that rb/tracker/gc claiming is -ev but I guess feel free to do it if you think you've pr-hunted a vig because if there's a known vig then it is definitely +ev; otherwise, probably don't
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:17 am

Post by ruru »

actually @ofrhz could we have an extension if frank doesn't show up?
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:21 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1130, ruru wrote:
actually @ofrhz could we have an extension if frank doesn't show up?
Yeah
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:44 am

Post by BuJaber »

UNVOTE:
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:07 am

Post by Enigma »

Btw, now that this game is over ... viewtopic.php?f=51&t=76766
This has kinda been in my mind the whole game, but couldn't say much as ongoing.

Skitter was one of my strongest TRs in that game, I even doc protected her because I thought she would be prime NK target ... alas she was scum
scum!skitter a force to be reckoned with, and was literally universally townread by everyone and won because town trusted her enough to hammer test her in MYLO

So I haven't really commented on skitter so much, that said I am kinda townreading skitter this game, but I don't trust her or my reads on her hahahha :igmeou: :igmeou: :igmeou:
Hence my earlier comment about I don't really know how to read her with confidence
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 1126, BuJaber wrote:I guess something along these lines:

{Creature, me}
{Vex}
{A50, skitter}
{Ruru, TW}
-----null line----
{Gamma, cjv}
{Enigma}
{HWS, Frank}
Lol who puts themselves in their own readlist
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 1133, Enigma wrote:Btw, now that this game is over ... viewtopic.php?f=51&t=76766
This has kinda been in my mind the whole game, but couldn't say much as ongoing.

Skitter was one of my strongest TRs in that game, I even doc protected her because I thought she would be prime NK target ... alas she was scum
scum!skitter a force to be reckoned with, and was literally universally townread by everyone and won because town trusted her enough to hammer test her in MYLO

So I haven't really commented on skitter so much, that said I am kinda townreading skitter this game, but I don't trust her or my reads on her hahahha :igmeou: :igmeou: :igmeou:
Hence my earlier comment about I don't really know how to read her with confidence
Not really suggesting she is scum, but rather just to be careful with going with conf!town reads. Just wanted to put it out there if in case I'm sitting in the deadthread watching in agony as the same thing (mislynch after mislynch) slowly happens again.
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:27 am

Post by ruru »

In post 1133, Enigma wrote:Btw, now that this game is over ... viewtopic.php?f=51&t=76766

This is basically the other post I wanted to make except I'm not townreading her

If my interactions with her have been awkward in this game, not wanting to spew her alignment in the ongoing was why (and she should know that and not scumread me for not engaging her more at the beginning of the game)

I don't feel like she's done anything obviously genuine and her read progression on me is weird
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:38 am

Post by ruru »

In post 565, skitter30 wrote:i think i would have just called you obvtown, pocketed you, and shot you at some convenient time as scum tbh
oh right, and I also find this really questionable

I don't find "I would play this game similarly to my last game where I rolled scum against some of the same players here" particularly convincing

if anything scum.skitter probably expects to get lynched this game because of the playerlist and might be more interested in finding early high value mislynches than usual
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:55 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1134, Enigma wrote:
In post 1126, BuJaber wrote:I guess something along these lines:

{Creature, me}
{Vex}
{A50, skitter}
{Ruru, TW}
-----null line----
{Gamma, cjv}
{Enigma}
{HWS, Frank}
Lol who puts themselves in their own readlist
Did I hit a nerve?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:57 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1136, ruru wrote:

This is basically the other post I wanted to make except I'm not townreading her

If my interactions with her have been awkward in this game, not wanting to spew her alignment in the ongoing was why (and she should know that and not scumread me for not engaging her more at the beginning of the game)

I don't feel like she's done anything obviously genuine and her read progression on me is weird

I could feel the tension among the few of you in both games.

There are differences in her play though I feel. But that experience does make you second guess every read you have on skitter lol.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1111, BuJaber wrote:Skitter also for here dialogue with ruru; I think scum would have dropped it sooner but she was pedantic in trying to explain the nature of her ruru read. I think 352 is townie also. I think scum are more likely to read ruru's post there about vig policy and not give it a second thought. 502 is confusing his responses don't seem to fit the quotes. Wanting to vig a VLA / absent player so early seems odd though. 522 okay these posts are getting difficult to follow as an 'outsider'. Is it important for us to understand it or is it just for ruru's benefit?
Also one thing I don't understand is why is it important for ruru to townread you based on what you would/wouldn't do as scum?
Why aren't you trying to get him to townread based on your content this game instead? There's enough of it.
wrt , i was quoting frank's readslist and pulling out bits about particular players, and then naming the player who frank was talking about

wrt i was talking to ruru about it since she brought it up; i wasn't particularly talking ot the universe at large; idk if you want me to explain it more let me know

what are you refferring to wrt the bolded?
In post 1111, BuJaber wrote:I don't have a lot of experience with scum!A50 but I believe he's a bit more emotional, a bit less engaged, and a bit more agressive when casing someone.
scum!ap is less engaged and less convicted and i don't think he's aggressive when casing someone. he doesn't actually *believe* most of what he's saying imo
In post 1111, BuJaber wrote:I could still consider the PL if my TR on him becomes weaker later on because I don't think self votes are good for the game.
this feels wrong; why wouldn't you just lynch him for not townreading him at that point

like if you want to policy him why does your read on him matter?
In post 1111, BuJaber wrote:452 good town list for this point in the game.
it wasn't; those were all incredibly safe reads at that point; that readslist was incredibly underwhelming
In post 1111, BuJaber wrote:Enigma - had something like 7 pagetop related posts out of his first 20 posts. He even votes for vex seemingly only because vex 'stole' his pagetop. The rest of those 20 barely talk about people, more about setup. Just not clear at all how he's reading people if he has any reads. Up to page 20 still not clear where he stabds reads-wise. 536 reads! Okay this is much better than his previous posts but not a difficult post to make as scum. Like it seems to be rather neutral for a reads list. I expect it to be more opinionated.
again, you acknowledged that townies do the pagetop thing so why are you scumreading him for that?

i'm finding it interesting thath people who were in the game and interacted with enigma early on are townreading him but that people who joined later or weren't around at that point aren't

looking back nothing he did feels particularly exceptional but in real-time the timing of his posts just felt very honest and guile-less and i dont' know a good word. like just very reactionary, no agenda, just saying exactly what he thinks
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:14 am

Post by skitter30 »

:p

very much want to read that dead thread

i also noted in the scum pt that people were actually going to think that i have a decent scumgame lol; i didn't know that you doc'd me; i very much mourned the fact that all of the prs hard-townread me and that i had to murder all of them so that i wouldn't be mechanically fucked over by lylo, it was very unfortunate; i really wanted to keep you alive because i knew you were the doc from outing ap and thought i could work around your nk targets but i wasn't sure if cardi was tellign the truth about being a cop or not and if she was i needed her dead because otherwise i'd be mechanically poe'd in lylo and before i kill the cop i needed to kill the doc

idk if i can do anything wrt general paranoia but if you want to talk about something specific lmk
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:26 am

Post by Enigma »

Yeh I’m not sure I can manage another dead thread in the same situation again lol. It was agony watching you spew obvtown and be hard townread by every player whilst knowing you were scum.

I also remember you said the same comment about let’s tslk about it when ofrhz mentioned we should revisit skitter townread in ducks game after you won another scum game (I was like yay please do this but no one did). Ahh paranoia. I mean let’s just not hard townread skitter ever again.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1136, ruru wrote:

In post 1137, ruru wrote:
In post 565, skitter30 wrote:i think i would have just called you obvtown, pocketed you, and shot you at some convenient time as scum tbh
oh right, and I also find this really questionable

I don't find "I would play this game similarly to my last game where I rolled scum against some of the same players here" particularly convincing

if anything scum.skitter probably expects to get lynched this game because of the playerlist and might be more interested in finding early high value mislynches than usual
that's exactly what i would have done here tho as scum

i don't win scumgames by deliberately trying to mislycnh people; i win scumgames by being 'obvtown' and taking myself out
of the lynchpool and making everyone else more lynchable by association, and i do *that* by pocketing enough people so that i'm not really lynchable

i hate pushing mislynches; if you actually read through that game i didn't really have any major scumreads that i pushed; my main scumreads that game were on my partners and then i just kinda coasted for the rest of the game by maintianing townreads and vaguely supporting lynches on the lynchable players

i wouldn't do something risky that i'd be scumread for after the flip; i don't take risks as scum and i don't do things that i know will make me scumread, and i take the path of least resistance whenever possible; i really really hate having arguments when i know that i don't believe in what i'm saying; i feel disingenuous and don't have conviction in it and don't like having arguments that i don't believe in because i feel fake. i don't try to scumread you as scum because you'll fight back and i have like zero interest in picking a fight as scum, especially one that i don't know if i can win and one that will make me look scummy after town!you flips.

i don't purposefully start a thing with someone who thinks they can read me and will call me scummy for not locktowning them; i just avoid the confrontation entirely by locktowning you and moving on

scum!me woudl be very worried about the playerlist for just that reason and would be very very very careful not to rock the boat and to cultivate townreads and to position myself to be townread longterm

i honestly didn't tally up the sheer amount of overlap between these two games till like yesterday irl and i'm not playing, for the most part, around what happened that game (i do think, however, that tw should not scumread me here given that he was reading everything that i wrote in that scum pt)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1074, the worst wrote:
In post 1025, ofrhz wrote:Almost50 (3): BuJaber, Gamma Emerald, FrankJaeger
s k e t c h y
funnily enough i'm actually scrolling through open 711 right now and a50 was pretty 'out there' that game but i don't think any scum actually ever voted him before his n1 demise
i'm more invested in skitter/me interactions rn, I don't think there's a whole lot to read into it

but yeah the a50 wagon sucks and all 3 of these guys should feel bad for not voting for an actual scumfuck
Read the full vc you wingnut
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1080, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1078, Creature wrote:What do you think about BuJaber?
I had a SR on Antihero, and BiJ didn't post much to make me change my mind tbh
Yeah I think Bu prolly needs death
Can we CFD Bu?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1087, Enigma wrote:Can we just lynch one of CJ and frank, and move onto other stuff the next day? There is no plurality this game. This day is nearly two weeks already....
If Frank/CJ flip town, my bet is on at least one scum in the lurkers/non-voters HWS, GE, BuJ
How an I a lurker/non-voter, my vote has been in play most of the game, and I have been active for the most part, sorry I can't keep up with some of you spamfucks.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1098, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1063, Gamma Emerald wrote:OK that makes sense wrt vig plan. As for duckling, I'm voting him because he has to actually work to get my suspicion off him. I already said I didn't think anything he'd posted up to now has been good enough to make me reconsider.
why are you considering that slot in the first place .... ?

i asked you this already and you didn't answer ....
I think the ellitell actually may mean something. And I'm pretty sure I explained it somewhere. At this point you look like you're asking questions but don't care one bit for answers.
<Embrace The Void>

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:34 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1142, Enigma wrote:Yeh I’m not sure I can manage another dead thread in the same situation again lol. It was agony watching you spew obvtown and be hard townread by every player whilst knowing you were scum.

I also remember you said the same comment about let’s tslk about it when ofrhz mentioned we should revisit skitter townread in ducks game after you won another scum game (I was like yay please do this but no one did). Ahh paranoia. I mean let’s just not hard townread skitter ever again.
yep, i think that the best way to handle general paranoia is to be very very transparent. i dont know if it'll help but i don't know how else to try to resolve that

i thought i was in a pretty good place once massclaim didn't screw me over (i was 1s watcher and was worried someone else had picked it) but there were a few hiccups that worried me, including gerrymandering ending with like half of the alive players having been in that game
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 636, Gamma Emerald wrote:sky I think the inactivity is not really indicative of anything, but I don't really know what to make of their content yet
last time you mentioned sky before you voted her

Return to “Completed Open Games”