Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Light Ethos »

In post 910, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 908, Saudade wrote:Flavor Leaf are you scum
I’m the towniest person here.

If i was scum, zero reason to defend Manatee like this if he’s town. Zero reason to defend him this hard if he was a scum buddy.

I’m just correct town.
Here's a great reason to do this as scum and Krazy is town: you get to take out someone who puts a great deal of effort into their cases.

Here's are two reasons to do this as scum and if Krazy is scum with you: you get solid early town cred that isn't hard to keep for the remainder of the game, and you get an easy pocket of a player who is oblivious to the game/an easy mislynch later if people no longer buy that he is town.

Town reason to do this: you think that your read is better than current consensus and are willing to stake your credibility on it.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I don’t think you’re a bad player. Just your play this game is less than stellar right now.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 925, Light Ethos wrote:
In post 910, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 908, Saudade wrote:Flavor Leaf are you scum
I’m the towniest person here.

If i was scum, zero reason to defend Manatee like this if he’s town. Zero reason to defend him this hard if he was a scum buddy.

I’m just correct town.
Here's a great reason to do this as scum and Krazy is town: you get to take out someone who puts a great deal of effort into their cases.

Here's are two reasons to do this as scum and if Krazy is scum with you: you get solid early town cred that isn't hard to keep for the remainder of the game, and you get an easy pocket of a player who is oblivious to the game/an easy mislynch later if people no longer buy that he is town.

Town reason to do this: you think that your read is better than current consensus and are willing to stake your credibility on it.
I like this post. It’s genuine, and I make posts like this.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 921, Flavor Leaf wrote:Why wouldn’t scum respond?
Not knowing how to? From what I can tell he’s been scum on site twice. Both times he’s replaced out. Haven’t looked too see if he has replaced out as town but maybe he doesn’t know how to be scum?
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 926, Flavor Leaf wrote:I don’t think you’re a bad player. Just your play this game is less than stellar right now.
This was to doughboy.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 928, Doughboy wrote:
In post 921, Flavor Leaf wrote:Why wouldn’t scum respond?
Not knowing how to? From what I can tell he’s been scum on site twice. Both times he’s replaced out. Haven’t looked too see if he has replaced out as town but maybe he doesn’t know how to be scum?
Fair.

So let’s wait around to see if he replaces out or gets into the game.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Crimson, Sasha, Frank don’t have too many more posts than Manatee, and it seems like Manatee has a hard time keeping up. I don’t feel they are active lurking at all. Just lurking.

We’re going at a pretty fast pace. I give a night phase to let the lower active players catch up, and have a reset.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:47 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m not condoning a policy lynch Day 1, and low sampling stretch meta cases aren’t gonna cut it.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 917, Flavor Leaf wrote:You guys are effectively describing a policy lynch, and acting like that’s not what it is. That is terrible. This is a scum driven wagon, and through that, you can see that Manatee is town.
If I'm not mistaken, you are the only one thinking like this. Is this "white knighting"? I can't feel the same fervor from the other people towards Manatee in you, you're very vocal about not lynching him. I am putting you nearer my second red slot.
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Saudade »

Doughnut answer my question
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:49 am

Post by profii »

Doughboy is relatively new to the site which buys him some time with me in terms of all this policy lynch stuff. (eg me for 2 word posts and now this lurking stuff)

But, that time will run out sooner on the basis he claims to have mafia experience elsewhere (eg aware of negative utility and knowledge of chainsawing is more than youll see in the newbie queue) and should know the ropes at least a bit.

I'm going to click on his ISO and see how much scum hunting is in there, or how much of it is just policy stuff...clicking now...

Here is the progression:

. Every single vote never comes with any sort of analysis as to why that player might be scum. The Saudade stuff is all based on Saudade's hard drive on TW - which isn't alignment indicative albeit i get that it's abrasive

The Krazy vote really irks me, doughboy seems adamant that the hood could have scum in it, but has only played 1 game on this site and claims not to be an alt.

When that doesn't get any traction, he goes back to Saudade, given a read of the ISO, this seems like it could be scum not sure where else to vote when he realises that his Krazy push fell over.

The manatee vote was pretty naked and just seems to be part of getting a lynch through

again, same with TW - but seems to know TW likes to fake claim, despite TW not being in his 1 other game - i get people like to meta dive but this hasn't been mentioned...

Then, post claim, back to manatee- again as per the Saudade 2nd vote - a safe place to lay the vote when you know a claimed PR is a bad place to be.

right

VOTE: doughboy
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 924, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 923, Doughboy wrote:
In post 918, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 916, Doughboy wrote:
In post 910, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m the towniest person here.
:lol:
Right, you’re the village idiot here so it’s like obv town for you. Got it.
Why the insults? Why can’t I just have a different opinion?

Wish people would be civil.
When you start using logic, then sure. I’m not going to approve of crap logic and a policy lynch. I’m super against that, and think it’s terrible play.
I’m using logic. You are also using logic. We use logic based on our own ideas of how players play and more importantly experience. To insult me by saying I’m an idiot and not using logic is really crossing the line.

First saudade, now you.

Y’all want to bully me? Fine.

mod request replacement

This game isn’t a friendly environment anymore.

P.edit. You’ll have to vote whoever replaces me.

Later guys.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:50 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 933, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 917, Flavor Leaf wrote:You guys are effectively describing a policy lynch, and acting like that’s not what it is. That is terrible. This is a scum driven wagon, and through that, you can see that Manatee is town.
If I'm not mistaken, you are the only one thinking like this. Is this "white knighting"? I can't feel the same fervor from the other people towards Manatee in you, you're very vocal about not lynching him. I am putting you nearer my second red slot.
Well, of course you are. You’re Krazy’s little scum partner minion. :lol:

You probably can’t even explain why you’re putting me to red for having a different opinion.
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Light Ethos »

Nope, I think it is a policy vote at worst. I'm not advocating for it until we hear from the new player and the players who went inactive.

I'll speak for myself in saying that if Manatee decides to either actually play the game or replace out, I'm fine with looking elsewhere, as of course he is not the only scum player in the game even if he is scum. Krazy has a strong example to show that this is consistent with scum!Manatee play. Your example of how this could be town!Manatee comes from your own experience as a player, not Manatee's.
Your argument that this train on Manatee is being rode by scum players ignores the possibility that Manatee could be a scum player that is so indefensible that he's worth dropping Day 1.
I think your defense of Manatee does far more to show that you are town than it does to show that Manatee is town.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 931, Flavor Leaf wrote:Crimson, Sasha, Frank don’t have too many more posts than Manatee, and it seems like Manatee has a hard time keeping up. I don’t feel they are active lurking at all. Just lurking.
If you are only looking at the number of posts to judge..... :? I read often and post when i think of something, I won't type for nothing. I don't go for 8 one-liners in 5 minutes...
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 936, Doughboy wrote:

When you start using logic, then sure. I’m not going to approve of crap logic and a policy lynch. I’m super against that, and think it’s terrible play.
I’m using logic. You are also using logic. We use logic based on our own ideas of how players play and more importantly experience. To insult me by saying I’m an idiot and not using logic is really crossing the line.

First saudade, now you.

mod request replacement

Later guys.
This isn’t bullying. I admit, when I said the village idiot part a little while ago that was a bit much.

This however isn’t. I’m not attacking you as a player, I’m straight up saying your play was not great, and the logic you were using also wasn’t great.

I can comment on my thought s on the play as much as I want, just not the player, and it wasn’t nothing against you as a player.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 939, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 931, Flavor Leaf wrote:Crimson, Sasha, Frank don’t have too many more posts than Manatee, and it seems like Manatee has a hard time keeping up. I don’t feel they are active lurking at all. Just lurking.
If you are only looking at the number of posts to judge..... :? I read often and post when i think of something, I won't type for nothing. I don't go for 8 one-liners in 5 minutes...
This slot is arguing with me for the sake of arguing.

I’ve been hard defending Manatee, the least active player on this site, so this is pretty obvious scum to me.
Light Ethos
Light Ethos
Goon
Light Ethos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Light Ethos »

First saudade, now you.

mod request replacement

Later guys.
You're well within your rights to leave, but the worst put me on blast much worse than this, even though he knew that I'm new to Mafia. I'd urge you to stick it out. You're playing the game well.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:55 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

And Krazy’s meta link was poor and ultra prepped up. I’ve already explained that. But I will fight this manatee lynch for the day until deadline if I have to.

Lynch it next Day phase of you still feel that way.

However I’m 90% sure I’m correct on Sasha/Krazy. 100% sure there’s at least one in there.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:55 am

Post by profii »

rn i think you're town FL but i am watching you so closely because if you dupe me ill be so mad.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 942, Light Ethos wrote:

First saudade, now you.

mod request replacement

Later guys.
You're well within your rights to leave, but the worst put me on blast much worse than this, even though he knew that I'm new to Mafia. I'd urge you to stick it out. You're playing the game well.
Some people are just overly sensitive when their way of playing is shown to not be the correct way. Mafia’s fluid. No one correct way to play, but people like to only stick to one specific way, and scum get to abuse that left and right.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:56 am

Post by profii »

also im pretty mad rn that doughboy replaced out as i wanted a good wagon there, i think my case is pretty cool you should all read it
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 944, profii wrote:rn i think you're town FL but i am watching you so closely because if you dupe me ill be so mad.
Sure, but like, you know me pretty well, I feel. I don’t take pointless risks as scum.

There’s zero reason to defend Manatee this hard if I was scum (guess that could be why I do it, but I digress. That’s doing the most.)

ScumMe defending ScumManatee this way is terrible because it connects us far too much if he ends up getting lynched.

ScumMe defending TownManatee this much is crap as well, because it requires me to FAIL in defending him and get the Manatee flip for the town cred.

Thoughts on Sasha?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:59 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 946, profii wrote:also im pretty mad rn that doughboy replaced out as i wanted a good wagon there, i think my case is pretty cool you should all read it
I think the slot is town, tbh. And the replacement comes from whiny town not whiny scum.
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:59 am

Post by Saudade »

In post 946, profii wrote:also im pretty mad rn that doughboy replaced out as i wanted a good wagon there, i think my case is pretty cool you should all read it
naaah
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”