Newbie 1888 | Stuff I Found Online IV | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:18 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Glad you are here Dray. I still haven't caught up but I know you made some posts a couple pages back or so. We really need you in here contributing reads and such as much as possible?

Anyway, FF said that I reminded him of the scum who posted in that quote. I dunno, I just felt like quoting it because I really het that post he made alot. :shrug:
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:19 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 424, the worst wrote:Do you get the feeling his train of thought has been natural?
Yes.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:19 am

Post by the worst »

In post 420, Mister Rogers wrote:There is no excuse for a player of this quality to be using all his talents to simply not play. We do not give him permission to scum skate!
sorry but this is more insulting than anything else.. :( what do you mean? I've been playing my hardest and devoting more energy to this game than anything else.

what about me makes you think I'm not playing?.... and why do you think I'm a player of a high calibre if you go on to insult my play?

I'm so confused
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:21 am

Post by the worst »

In post 426, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 424, the worst wrote:Do you get the feeling his train of thought has been natural?
Yes.
continue?
when you look at his towncase on you do you think "ah yes that's someone who doesn't know my alignment and believes this"? I'm absolutely in awe of how blatantly volxen is pocketing you here.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:24 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

The compliment is what it is, sir. I still haven't caught up and I need another nap. I can make a WALL about your failposting all game long. When a very strong player failposts, the town MUST lynch it with fire!

PEDIT: I put a period.

PPSEDIT: He is not pocketing me, hereafter referred to as: "No."
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:27 am

Post by the worst »

I think you do need a nap... I'm an experienced player but not strong. I don't know what failposting is meant to be and like (this is something I try and avoid saying but whatever) I actually think I'm outside of my scumrange. :S

Why won't you engage with me about volxen? You've shown cognisance of his posting around your slot being manipulative, what caused you to shut that read down? It's really uncomfortable that you're randomly digging in your heels here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:29 am

Post by the worst »

I'm asking you to elaborate on your read. I don't really care if you put a period or a 10 exclamation marks. fmpov you're blatantly scumsiding but I think there's a high enough chance that you're town, that I want to talk to you about it rather than just powerlynching you after volxen flips red. :P
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:31 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Yes you are very smooth. I have read Volx very carefully and I am convinced. You both are on the opposite ends of the full spectrum; despite your cute fuzzy avi and friendly demeanor, the dark abyss of your eye gives you away this game.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:33 am

Post by the worst »

I'm so glad someone actually stared into the ducky's beady black eyes lol. I alert people to that every now and then and they shit themselves.

But that was a meme post, please answer my questions :)
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:35 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

I am not discussing that topic with you unless I feel like it. I will read whatever you have to say about it and you can certainly query someone else about. We can speak about other things if you like. How about your reads on NK 15?
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:41 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Or how about a line from your playbook this game: When I wake up from my nap, I will finish my catchup and put in a special section devoted to my townread of Volx. :)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:44 am

Post by the worst »

You went from me talking about my strongest read to asking about my weakest read.

The dude is the most lynchable player on the planet as both alignments. I've literally pushed mislynch wagons against him as town in two games in a row because he adamantly refuses to read gamestates, and pushes extremely two dimensional reasons to scumread people. He's also regularly too focused on "armchair scumhunting" (theoretical scumhunting) rather than actually playing the game..... as town.

the last time we played together he made a fake cop claim which did not suit the theme of the game in ANY way, and while fakeclaiming also faked a mafia result on a literal town mason. He also scumsided for most of the game by refusing to read people and instead focusing on mechanical rules (which he then broke anyway).

in a vacuum I'd call him scummy as hell. given my knowledge of his playstyle and experience with him there's nowhere near enough content to sort him yet.

(this is pretty critical but @NK15 please take it as the most honest feedback I can give on how I perceive your towngame. I was pretty blunt in the dead thread of the game in question.)

pedit: lovely, that's all I ask for. C:
we have long phases, nothing wrong with taking your time and calibrating. :)
Hugo Stiglitz
Hugo Stiglitz
Goon
Hugo Stiglitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:05 am

Post by Hugo Stiglitz »

In post 422, Draynth wrote:
In post 373, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 371, Draynth wrote:2) Saying that people hammering should declare intent - why not just say "nobody hammer yet please" or something along those lines
This is a newbie game. Better safe than sorry.
That's completely ignoring the point of that quote

My point was that saying what you said implies that you were ok with tw being hammered this early into day 1. That's super scummy.
But wouldn't anything otherwise break the wifom and the pressure?
Hugo Stiglitz
Hugo Stiglitz
Goon
Hugo Stiglitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:10 am

Post by Hugo Stiglitz »

^ correct me if i'm wrong on that, but that's a part of why i left tw at L-1. Actually i'm pretty sure my vote is still on them now too, quack quack UNVOTE: i'm at work rn, will be able to figure out where to place my vote later. *is playing 3 fm games - why do I do this to meself*
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:15 am

Post by the worst »

Yo Hugo how do you feel about volxen/MR?
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:20 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 403, Mister Rogers wrote:
- Formerfish's catch-up was really good. He picked up on some pretty nuanced things which is really difficult to fake as scum. He pushed good angles and asked good questions.
I am having SERIOUS problems believing this one. I'd REALLY like to see the specifics on this one. Like give us how this is a townie entrance from him, AT ALL?
Hold up
I said in my catch up post that I thought that fish was very strongly Town. You said nothing.
Duck says it and you say that you don’t think it’s townie at all?
Why does me saying it not get that response, but Duck does?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:24 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Also, there is something not natrual about the interaction between Duck and Rogers. And the fact that Rogers is refusing to cooperate is really, really scummy.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Hugo Stiglitz
Hugo Stiglitz
Goon
Hugo Stiglitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:24 am

Post by Hugo Stiglitz »

In post 439, the worst wrote:Yo Hugo how do you feel about volxen/MR?
Weird..not sure if they are the scum duo, as it might be a bit obvious, but gg if they are lol.

I think there is some pocketing going around, and I was trying to give MR playstyle a chance but I think it's a bit strange that hes kind of pinging people to get a town bloc going. I don't trust ANYONE when I'm solo town (like not a Mason w group chat/confirmed buddy), so I never town read someone and keep it that way for the rest of the game, even when I'm playing with my friends and I know their meta, but even still sometimes they betray me.

Also I'm pretty sure I saw one of them say "100%" somewhere...the only time anyone can be 100% town is if you're scum and thus know who the rest of the towns are...

I'll need to do a deeper dive before I'm sure though bc volx makes wall posts (so much reading that I end up skimming, especially when I have more posts to read after) and MR posts A LOT (i'll miss details from others or himself)..but from my first pass blasting thru the thread I haven't seen anything I liked or disliked as I would have posted about it.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:27 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Hugo
What do you think about the current 1v1 between Duck and Rogers?
Is it SvT? Is it TvT? Is it be SvS?

Inferno390 GTKAS

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:36 am

Post by the worst »

@Hugo heh yeah, people throwing "100%" or "always x" without a lot of substantiation throws me a little as well. given everything. In MR's ISO comes across as overconfident I haven't put too much stock in that kind of tonality being scum indicative, but I'm actually starting to scratch my head about my read on him in general.

I think there's ~1 scum in {MR, volxen}. if they're actually the scumteam and Former correctly called out their earlygame theatre I'll laugh... but I'm not feeling it. Occam's razor is telling me that volxen is pocketing MR, and MR is getting cocky with his widely townread status and starting to push conclusions rather than reads.

But the more he's posting at the moment, the more I'm starting to wonder if volxen misread MR, and MR is relying on the {tw, volxen} dichotomy to produce 1-2 mislynches.

it's a kinda funny gamestate but I don't mind laying down my paranoid thoughts while I wait for MR to explain his take on volxen haha.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:40 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.10

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

volxen
(2): Formerfish, the worst
the worst
(2): volxen, Mister Rogers
Not Known 15
(1): Draynth
Mister Rogers
(1): Inferno390

Not Voting
(3): xx2008, Hugo Stiglitz, Not Known 15

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-09-17 18:00:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun!
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:41 am

Post by the worst »

I'd be curious to see what you think about volxen's posts in particular Hugo. I'm starting to get this niggling thought in the back of my mind and I'm still thinking you're more likely town and I'm intrigued to see what another townie thinks of him right now.

also. One more point on MR is I'm kinda starting to wonder whether he's just positioning me and gaslighting my play here. I actually think this is on the relatively strong side of my d1 town performance so far, and his comments around my perceived skill level and play didn't seem to reflect what I felt like he's actually thinking.. :?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:46 am

Post by the worst »

That's totally projection though because that's the kinda cheeky stuff I pull as scum. :shifty:
xx2008
xx2008
Goon
xx2008
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:52 am

Post by xx2008 »

In post 411, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 221, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 217, xx2008 wrote: Mister Rogers has attacked me simply because I didn't realize the game had more than one page of posts. People make mistakes. And, as it has been said in this thread before, a newbie game that is this long in such a short amount of time is not what is expected. I wasn't expecting more than one page in the first few hours of the game, which is why I didn't check it.
But you voted me because I was going after Inf, right?
Sorry XX, did you miss this?
Back when the game just started, your tone sounded very aggressive and seemed like scum to me. Both you and inf were part of the 1v1 and both of you posted a lot, but I was misled by tone. You and inferno are both less scummy now that I look at it.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:25 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

In post 440, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 403, Mister Rogers wrote:
- Formerfish's catch-up was really good. He picked up on some pretty nuanced things which is really difficult to fake as scum. He pushed good angles and asked good questions.
I am having SERIOUS problems believing this one. I'd REALLY like to see the specifics on this one. Like give us how this is a townie entrance from him, AT ALL?
Hold up
I said in my catch up post that I thought that fish was very strongly Town. You said nothing.
Duck says it and you say that you don’t think it’s townie at all?
Why does me saying it not get that response, but Duck does?
I just checked my notes and I don't see this reference. This either means that I have missed it or I haven't caught up to the point to where I have read it.

I am on post #347, does it show up after or before that?

What I can tell you about Worst's post there is that it is all about generalities and sounds completely faked/disingenuous. Also I am pinging hard on unnatural interactions between Worst/Former and so I think that their reads of each other are especially valuable.

Just woke up from the nap and find your post to be the first for responding to in free flow before I get back to the catchup.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”